HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who Went To Last Night's Game? 9/27/03

Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2003, 01:11 AM
Devils Unseen Hand

vCash: 500
Who Went To Last Night's Game? 9/27/03

I wasn't able to make it and was curious to hear someone (who was there) take/highlights of the game.

Thanks!

Old
09-28-2003, 04:51 AM
MattNJD

Send a message via AIM to MattNJD
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Devils Repairman
I wasn't able to make it and was curious to hear someone (who was there) take/highlights of the game.

Thanks!
I wasn't at the game but I did get to watch it on Comcast Sports Net. Fun game to watch, I've got a HUGE itch for the regular season to start! I'm so excited about this season! Lets Go Devils!

Old
09-28-2003, 07:11 AM
sundinfan13

The biggest thing that stood out for me was the absolutely horrible turnover by Jeff Woywitka which led to I think Friesen's goal. Wow man, he passed it perfectly to Friesen. After the goal you could tell the frustration on Woywitka. I also noticed how solid Ray Giroux was playing. He had a very good game. On a side note, it was the first time I saw Elias' hair, and I'm still not used to it.

Old
09-28-2003, 08:45 AM
DevzFan15

Well Rupp did really good he had alot of hits and played good. I think he was our best player.

Old
09-28-2003, 08:57 AM
Unthinkable

vCash:
One of the Philly beat writers was marveling about Brodeur batting a shot out of mid-air up to Christian Berglund who then bolted up ice and scored on Jeff Hackett. Bit of criticism in the article over Hackett's communication with his D as well as his puck handling skills along with a reflection on how the Flyers haven't had a guy with Brodeur's puck handling finesse since Ron Hextall was a regular.

The Devils had great success in solving Hackett last year both in Montreal and Boston so I bet we'll see even better regular season results against the Flyers then what we saw against Cechmanek last season. He was completely victimized by Friesen in one game against Montreal although the Flyers defense is light years better then both Hack's former teams.

Old
09-29-2003, 04:30 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Devils Repairman

Thanks!
I watched the game on TV, it was a pretty even game for the most part. Flyers controlling more of the play during periods 1 & 2. Devils controlled the play in the 3rd period, helped by a number of power plays.

Game turned on a bad tunrover by Jeff Woywitka, he was coming from behind his net and he was hooked on the arm (I believe by Lagenbrunner), the puck squirted off his stick right to Madden 20 feet from the net. Quick wrist shot made it 3-2.

Devils regulars not playing
Stevens
Brylin
Larionov
Gionta
Stevenson

Flyers regulars not playing
Desjardins
Therien
Pitkanen
Primeau
Brashear