HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Eklund Invading Nasvhille

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2005, 02:27 PM
vopatsrash

vCash: 500
Eklund Invading Nasvhille

FYI from his blog in case anyone is interested...

"Sorry there will be no chat today at 4pm...due to a radio station commitment in Nashville at 4:15"

I'm guessing he means 106.7 with Pete, since he's been on there before. I'm also guessing there will be nothing interesting said, but it's hockey talk.

Old
07-05-2005, 04:11 PM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by vopatsrash
FYI from his blog in case anyone is interested...

"Sorry there will be no chat today at 4pm...due to a radio station commitment in Nashville at 4:15"

I'm guessing he means 106.7 with Pete, since he's been on there before. I'm also guessing there will be nothing interesting said, but it's hockey talk.

And ... that's a bad thing??????

Old
07-05-2005, 04:25 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypred

From Eklund? Well, it's only a bad thing if you mind being fed whatever he feels like shoveling out.

Old
07-05-2005, 05:03 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

The Pelle Eklund interview is going to be replayed during the 6 o'clock hour ... heard it from the horse's mouth ... eeerrr Pete Weber

Old
07-05-2005, 05:42 PM
vopatsrash

Quote:
I didn't say it was a bad thing. No segment in which hockey is discussed on Nashville's airwaves is a bad thing, hennce the "but it's hockey talk". I just said that he was going to be on, but there would probably be nothing interesting said, because...

a) everything is speculation at this point
b) even if you believe Eklund, he has said he's not going to derail the process by giving out too many rumors right now
c) the mainstream press has everything he has at this point because of a and b and I don't see him saying anything beyond "it might be over this week or it might be over next week" and "there will be a shootout and no red line."

Since i missed it at 3:15, i will listen at 6 and will hopefully be proved wrong.

Old
07-05-2005, 06:57 PM
PredFred

Not that anything earth shattering will be revealed, but if someone could re-crap what Eklund said to Pete it would be nice, since 106.7 is not even a blip on the radar in Columbia.

Old
07-05-2005, 07:01 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredFred
Not that anything earth shattering will be revealed, but if someone could re-crap what Eklund said to Pete it would be nice, since 106.7 is not even a blip on the radar in Columbia.

The earth is flat, and the planets revolve around it.

Old
07-05-2005, 10:33 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

PredFred, I don't even get Weber's show anymore now that 99.7 dropped them in the afternoon schedule. I get a so-so feed from 104.5 the zone, and I am only about 75 miles out of Nashville (TTU). You can catch the zone station online at 1045thezone.com

07-06-2005, 07:32 AM
Pattypred

Pete is on 106.7 The Fan.

I'm glad of that because I can't stand Plaster on The Zone.

And ..... it WAS hockey talk.

Old
07-06-2005, 09:45 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Pete is on 106.7 The Fan.

I'm glad of that because I can't stand Plaster on The Zone.

And ..... it WAS hockey talk.
Yeah Plaster is an idiot. He doesn't know what he is talking about half the time, unless its the Braves. Just last week, he was calling out the NHL for "meeting maybe once this month", when this past month has seen closer to 20 NHL meetings all lasting 8+ hours. When it was pointed out that he was wrong, he just started yelling down his fellow host (Willy I believe) on how stupid the NHL lockout is.....etc.

I wouldn't mind Plaster so much, if he actually had informed opinions. I mean it is his JOB to actually know what he is talking about

Old
07-06-2005, 10:04 AM
vopatsrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
Yeah Plaster is an idiot. He doesn't know what he is talking about half the time, unless its the Braves. Just last week, he was calling out the NHL for "meeting maybe once this month", when this past month has seen closer to 20 NHL meetings all lasting 8+ hours. When it was pointed out that he was wrong, he just started yelling down his fellow host (Willy I believe) on how stupid the NHL lockout is.....etc.

I wouldn't mind Plaster so much, if he actually had informed opinions. I mean it is his JOB to actually know what he is talking about
yeah, i heard that and it was really embarrassing. He started with the whole "the nba got their cba done, why can't hockey?", then went into what Enoch said and Willy corrected him on everything and he wouldn't listen.

I have no problem with him running with football/ncaa hoops most of the time if that's what butters the bread. it is a business. i have no problem with him running with baseball if it's his favorite sport. But, at least educate yourself about the cba process if you're going to spiel about it on your radio show. Or at least acknowledge that you were wrong when you're corrected rather than put you hands over your ears and say "I CAN"T HEAR YOU!" like a 5 year old. The NHL deserves some criticism, but at least get it right when you do it.

and we're about to be faced with who the Preds have as a flagship. Pete is on 106.7 (and his shows are more listenable...really like the "sounds of the games" idea), they have espn radio, but can't be heard well outside of Nashville. Willy/Kevin are on 104.5, which can be heard well, is the leader in ratings/name recognition, but they also have Vandy sports, Titans obligations, and many other things. It's a tough call where it should be. I'd have to say get on 104.5 if you can, just purely based on coverage. Yes, you'll be the redheaded stepchild, but at least you'll be heard.

Old
07-06-2005, 01:42 PM
beautypersoni

As long as I'm able to listen to the station online, I'll be happy. If the Predators make a nice jump in team performance, I'll likely be able to see a few extra games on television. That's always good. Anyhoo...

Christopher "Beautiful" Carlson
Canada's #1 Nashville Predators Fan
"You can never have too many pucks."

Closed Thread