HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Perron Appreciation Thread.

Old
01-03-2015, 08:20 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
David Perron Appreciation Thread.

Well, another one of my favorite players sent packing. Teaching me more not to have affectation for any players on this club.

In anycase what player through this turmoil is more deserving of a departing accolade than this guy?

He gave us:

Plenty of laughs
Production/60mins that rivalled anybody on our first line during his 1.5 seasons here.
Led the team in Goals scored last year despite being a 2nd line player. Amazing stat.
Brought physical play and instigation we haven't seen here in years. I can't even remember the last instigator we had here. Raffi Torres?

Scored 33G 43A 76Pts 116GP mostly on 2nd line duty and this year with two inadequate Centers in Arco, and Drai. Despite our clubs horrific difficulty producing, and an abysmal PP, Perron still bags 19pts here and close to our leaders totals with not much help at all. Basically anything he got he created. Involved in almost all of the 2nd line production.

People here know my opinion. We just turfed our best performing forward. This is a gooder, a player that brought joy here through tough times in the franchise and could've taken an out and been a floater like others have. Instead he came here, had a career year, and still producing this year while the team was having a disastrous year. Clearly Perron came here and gave us his best. One of the few that have. That's worthy of appreciation in itself.

Good luck in your future David Perron and in your hockey career. You're going to a team and division that should fit your accomplished skillset. Your creative play and scoring will be missed, and last images being a spectacular shootout goal that entirely undressed the best goalie on this planet (Quick) and beat the LA Kings. Worthy of mention standing up to the Calgary Flames, really getting under their skin, and having Flames nearly go nuts at his instigation.

This player is gone, the best forward this club had acquired in over a dozen years since Bill Guerin and now he's gone, discarded, best wishes, sad day for Oiler fans imo. We've had enough of them but it stings.
cheers

Last edited by Replacement: 01-03-2015 at 08:41 AM.
Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2015, 09:17 AM
Paralyzer008

Thought at times showed captain material. Tried hard even through the tough times. Opens up a big hole at wing where we always knew that even if he had a rough game, he wasn't happy with it.

One of the honest players in the organization, I'm glad that at least MacT had the decency to put him on a cup team with the best player in the game.

I remember being angry that we had traded one of my favorite players at the time in Magnus Paajarvi. David Perron? That guy? He's a concussion case! He's not actually that good! What are they doing?

Perron proved me wrong, and quickly became one of my favorite Oilers during these tough times. Wish he was still here, and I wish him the best of luck.

Paralyzer008 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2015, 11:36 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
I'll miss this guy.

When he's on his game he annoys the hell out of the opposition like nobody else can on this team.

I like having a pest or two around.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2015, 12:09 PM
Joey Moss
5 14 6 1

vCash: 815
Never seen a player dominate down low quite like Perron can. He was the one forward we had that brought some diversity to the top 6.. I almost hope he requested a trade because we'll regret this one.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2015, 12:17 PM
RattsSSV
Loyal to the Oil

vCash: 99
Definitely hate to see him go as he is probably the best player we have traded for in a decade. His style of play is something that is lacking in Edmonton, and we should be trading for more players like him rather than trading him away.

I wish him all the best in Pittsburgh and hope he wins the cup (just not this year.)

RattsSSV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2015, 12:24 PM
Soundwave

Best player we traded for in a decade? Err what?

Soundwave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2015, 12:33 PM
Playa Hejda

vCash: 50
He was obviously a smart guy. It took him a much shorter time than the average player to realize the Oilers were hopeless and to engineer a trade to get himself the hell out of here. The real downside is there's another player out there warning potential free agents not to come here because Oilers.

Playa Hejda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2015, 12:41 PM
Vagabond

vCash: 596
Send a message via MSN to Vagabond
During his post trade interview, he obviously hinted at asking for a trade so I'm not too upset that he was traded.

On the other hand, I'm pissed off that MacT didn't address anything to make this team better prior to the Perron trade! Nor did he address anything with the Perron trade!!! Perron would have wanted to stay if he noticed growth and a team consisting of competent management and players that actually care and hate losing! I'm pissed off that it took Perron to speak out publicly for anything to happed leading up to the Eakins firing and a couple minor tweaks. Soon as Perron stated that he's at the point where he couldn't take losing anymore MacT got scared! Good on Perron for being truthful and brave in publicly denouncing our organization!

MacStupid destroyed the rebuild completely! My fears are becoming reality where the better players want out! The players that are not robots. The players that have a pulse! The players that have character!

Vagabond is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2015, 01:58 PM
nexttothemoon
10 again

Good player... bad management.

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2015, 02:00 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
Good player... bad management.
heh, from someone who is also verbose I would say that's the shortest post I'd ever seen from you.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2015, 02:21 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 217
Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 1m1 minute ago

David Perron will play tonight with Sidney Crosby for his first game with the #penguins #canadiens #tvasports

I'm sure he appreciates the trade too.

GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2015, 02:21 PM
Zaddy Zads
Lil Nuge

Absolutely loved him. Especially last year when he came in. He really made a difference and you could see he came from a team where it's not acceptable to lose. Just brought that fire and was amazing for most of the season. By time you could see he got worn down though and this season has proved just that. It doesn't take very long for the Oilers to break down a player. Anyway, my stance on Perron was always that we need more of these guys, not less. Oh well...

Zaddy Zads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2015, 02:23 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post

David Perron will play tonight with Sidney Crosby for his first game with the #penguins #canadiens #tvasports

Appreciates is an understatement.

I have no doubt he giggled like a giddy school girl all the way to Pittsburgh.

guymez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2015, 02:35 PM
MrM

vCash: 894
As i mentioned in the other thread, I hope he excels in Pittsburgh and we fail with Klinkhammer and the 1st is wasted. The more MacT fails the more chance he is shown the door.

MrM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2015, 02:36 PM
GrandLarseny
Klingberg Stan

vCash: 375
Best of luck to my boy Perron. Man he brought some real excitement last year with his skillful agitation.

GrandLarseny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2015, 02:51 PM
Seedling
Tier 7 fan (ballcap)

Quote:

Arcobello to Crosby. That's like winning the lottery.

Seedling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2015, 03:26 PM
PETRYDISH

One of the only players on this team that could play a gritty game and go to the net.. No player in this team deserves to be in a tank year after year and watch effective players shipped away in hopes of a new young saviour. If I was Hall I'd ask for a trade.

PETRYDISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2015, 03:31 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 266
the oilers killed his spirit

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2015, 03:49 PM
Spawn

He was incredible last season.

Wasn't so hot this year, but I don't think there is a single player performing as well this year as they did last. So that probably says more about whats going on with the team/organization as a whole than it does about the players not scoring like Perron.

He was a fun player to watch. I'll miss him for sure.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2015, 03:53 PM
oilexport
six ring circus

I wish him luck, but he won't need it.

We do.

oilexport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2015, 04:23 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 266
Quote:

nearly 16'000 people picked him up in fantasy yahoo

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2015, 04:28 PM
Krut

I doubt that he would have re-signed prior to hitting UFA. Sadly this is probably the best would could get back for him if this is the case. Too bad.

Krut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2015, 04:35 PM
oilexport
six ring circus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krut View Post
I doubt that he would have re-signed prior to hitting UFA. Sadly this is probably the best would could get back for him if this is the case. Too bad.
For a good player like Perron ? We can't get a goalie, dman, or a center of equal value so we can plug a hole and start winning ?

Oh that's right, the team will tell us this is the best deal and people like you buy it. You wouldn't be one of the fans defending horcoff for 1st line money/center position a while back by any chance (cheap shot, I know)?

oilexport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2015, 05:13 PM
Krut

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilexport View Post
For a good player like Perron ? We can't get a goalie, dman, or a center of equal value so we can plug a hole and start winning ?

Oh that's right, the team will tell us this is the best deal and people like you buy it. You wouldn't be one of the fans defending horcoff for 1st line money/center position a while back by any chance (cheap shot, I know)?
Show me who is going to make a hockey trade with us? Where are all thes equal value assets that teams would be willing to trade to us right now? You can use hindsight and fault the team for not trading him last off season, but suggesting we can make a hockey deal for a good centre, goalie, or D right now is rediculous.

In the mean time Perron would have sat here, and the off season would have commenced without a new deal between the two sides and his value would diminish up by the day.

You think I'm happy losing players like this?

Last edited by Megustaelhockey: 01-03-2015 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Edited out parts that were completely unacceptable.
Krut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2015, 05:38 PM
Throttlehead

vCash: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krut View Post
Show me who is going to make a hockey trade with us? Where are all thes equal value assets that teams would be willing to trade to us right now? You can use hindsight and fault the team for not trading him last off season, but suggesting we can make a hockey deal for a good centre, goalie, or D right now is rediculous.

In the mean time Perron would have sat here, and the off season would have commenced without a new deal between the two sides and his value would diminish up by the day.

You think I'm happy losing players like this?
You are on point, not sure why people can't understand the obvious.

Quite honestly I think a first rounder is pretty solid return for a career .5 point guy with one year left on his contract. We missed the boat on Hemsky, I guess some people love committing the same mistakes.

Last edited by Megustaelhockey: 01-03-2015 at 06:11 PM. Reason: QEP
Throttlehead is offline   Reply With Quote