HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Newer OT Thread - Earthquake Edition

Old
08-12-2014, 02:44 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Haha smart guy. I just knew someone would say that when I posted that. It's alll good now. Went out and bought some off. Screw buying a $40 sprinkler.
Screw trying to use off. ( I almost screwed up there and stated "Screw off" not intending it that way...

My previous neighbor used to be outside doing yard work all the time and always had a tumbler of straight Rum or Whisky glued to his hand. Used to cut the lawn and do everything with one hand. Would put the glass down only under extreme dire circumstances. Priorities and all.

Could be seen working outside at anytime of day..although it took him twice as long to do anything. Bagging grass with one hand must've been a pita..

He swore the mosquitoes didn't bite him and if they tried they fell right off and hit the dirt..

Don't try this at home kids..

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2014, 05:40 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Screw trying to use off. ( I almost screwed up there and stated "Screw off" not intending it that way...

My previous neighbor used to be outside doing yard work all the time and always had a tumbler of straight Rum or Whisky glued to his hand. Used to cut the lawn and do everything with one hand. Would put the glass down only under extreme dire circumstances. Priorities and all.

Could be seen working outside at anytime of day..although it took him twice as long to do anything. Bagging grass with one hand must've been a pita..

He swore the mosquitoes didn't bite him and if they tried they fell right off and hit the dirt..

Don't try this at home kids..

So you live in the same trailer park as Julian does?

Cool beans!

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2014, 08:24 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Catface View Post
How would that affect a musical concert?
Seriously... I didn't even notice any "hipsters". Everyone was dressed up looking real nice.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2014, 11:59 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
So you live in the same trailer park as Julian does?

Cool beans!
Maybe his bro. Funniest thing was the guy was the son of a preacher man.. he was a decent neighbor, good taste in rye, women and song among other things..

Millwoods doesn't need a trailer park to have some flavor..

Old
08-14-2014, 01:33 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
You might be interested in a new product that is now on the market . I think it's called a sprinkler.
This made me laugh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
The Tony Stewart-Kevin Ward situation is so ****ed up. It's simply mind boggling that it actually happened.
This story made me confused
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Catface View Post
Crazy, Robin Williams passed away.
This story made me sad.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2014, 12:19 AM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

Went to Edmonton area the other day.... Why is all of Sherwood Park under construction? Has that city been ignored for decades or something?

Fixed to Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2014, 08:08 AM
Ghostbuster
#FireEakins

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixed to Ruin View Post
Went to Edmonton area the other day.... Why is all of Sherwood Park under construction? Has that city been ignored for decades or something?
The the Northeast expansion of the Henday mostly.

Ghostbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2014, 10:39 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
The thing that I've noticed is that they have quite good roads as a whole. Haven't needed much work up until now. That and they've been working on the surrounding Highways for quite some time including the big cluster**** Henday.

Old
08-18-2014, 04:45 PM
Philly85
Moody'

hey I know I could google it and already know some of the obvious places but anybody have any suggestions for best place to take my car for a full detailing? I know I could do it all myself, but I'd like to take it somewhere and get it professionally done, for you know, $300-$400.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2014, 11:40 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
The thing that I've noticed is that they have quite good roads as a whole. Haven't needed much work up until now. That and they've been working on the surrounding Highways for quite some time including the big cluster**** Henday.
Yeah driving around in there felt like a big cluster****. Never seen so much construction in one place in a long time.

Fixed to Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2014, 12:29 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Yeah driving around in there felt like a big cluster****. Never seen so much construction in one place in a long time.
Go to Southeast Edmonton. NONSTOP road, subdivision, facility, school construction going on for more than a decade and that never stops.

My daily commute involves counting slow moving dump trucks, cement trucks, watching slow men *working* and countless makework road construction and infrastructure projects that last for ever and non stop swirling dust and dirt on every outdoor surface blown around from the whole world seeming like its under construction..

The degree of construction going on around here and that has gone on in the last decade within 1mile is truly insane. In some cases one would think a moratorium is a bit in order. I guess its nice for newcomers that whole subdivisions and city infrastructure are springing up each year but for people already living in the area its nonstop headache.

Old
08-19-2014, 10:14 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Go to Southeast Edmonton. NONSTOP road, subdivision, facility, school construction going on for more than a decade and that never stops.

My daily commute involves counting slow moving dump trucks, cement trucks, watching slow men *working* and countless makework road construction and infrastructure projects that last for ever and non stop swirling dust and dirt on every outdoor surface blown around from the whole world seeming like its under construction..

The degree of construction going on around here and that has gone on in the last decade within 1mile is truly insane. In some cases one would think a moratorium is a bit in order. I guess its nice for newcomers that whole subdivisions and city infrastructure are springing up each year but for people already living in the area its nonstop headache.
My biggest complaint and I took it to Iveson is why the hell do they shutdown a road like 17st then make it one lane in each direction only to shut it down again to expand it?

It's time to make developers start paying for the full development of these roads at the present and not leave it up to the City to expand if the City grows. The City is growing and if it doesn't oh well, all we are left with is extra road paid by a developer that is making millions.

For what it's worth Iveson agreed and was going to making changes if he got elected. Where he's at with it right now I'm not sure

It's also worth mentioning that people take what you wrote and realize what it means when buying in these areas that are on the edge of the City. A lot of people didn't realize that things would be this bad, but it's like this across the city. Going forward if you see an empty field anywhere near where you are buying expect headaches eventually.

Old
08-19-2014, 09:31 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

When we moved to Edmonton proper in 1981 (we'd previously lived on Army bases), I remember allot of talk between my parents and some people they new saying how bad the City of Edmonton engineers and planners were at city street development.

Sounds like much hasn't changed.

Old
08-20-2014, 10:02 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Turtle Renji

Quote:
When we moved to Edmonton proper in 1981 (we'd previously lived on Army bases), I remember allot of talk between my parents and some people they new saying how bad the City of Edmonton engineers and planners were at city street development.

I wonder if this has to do with Edmonton thinking it was "small" for way too long. I mean not recognizing that it was becoming a big city.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2014, 11:39 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:

I've had discussions with city planners that have indicated that roadway expansions need to be evaluated by parameters like area population, expected use, and that the standards are exacting in whether a road needs 2lanes or 4. Whether it needs lights or 4 way stop etc.

Its been stated to me that using exacting standardization in this is cost effective and prevents over building of roads and infrastructure and prevents hegemony decisions and undue influence in wards where some districts may bet better and not warranted infrastructure.

I replied that this may work out conceptually on paper but that in the case of ever expanding neighborhoods what results is roadway construction incurring each time a new target indices has been met.

This typically followed by moment of silence on the other end of the phone, some stammering like that doesn't happen a lot, followed by an acknowledgement that it does happen in expanding areas a lot.
The planners have tried to convince me that even specific to the expanding regions that rebuilding roadways (the same roadways) every few years still makes sense and saves money.

sigh

Old
08-20-2014, 12:39 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
This typically followed by moment of silence on the other end of the phone, some stammering like that doesn't happen a lot, followed by an acknowledgement that it does happen in expanding areas a lot.
The planners have tried to convince me that even specific to the expanding regions that rebuilding roadways (the same roadways) every few years still makes sense and saves money.

sigh
Depends what type of rebuilding they do. If it's just a mill and overlay then yes it can be cheaper.

Old
08-20-2014, 05:09 PM
Gord
Tesla

foo fighters did a good job in the ice bucket challenge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLZO...ature=youtu.be

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2014, 05:55 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
Love donating to charities, but this is the stupidest challenge I've ever seen.

Not sure what it accomplishes other than the potential that you can have your neck broken.

Old
08-20-2014, 10:20 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:
I've had discussions with city planners that have indicated that roadway expansions need to be evaluated by parameters like area population, expected use, and that the standards are exacting in whether a road needs 2lanes or 4. Whether it needs lights or 4 way stop etc.

Its been stated to me that using exacting standardization in this is cost effective and prevents over building of roads and infrastructure and prevents hegemony decisions and undue influence in wards where some districts may bet better and not warranted infrastructure.

I replied that this may work out conceptually on paper but that in the case of ever expanding neighborhoods what results is roadway construction incurring each time a new target indices has been met.

sigh
Interesting. I'm living in my parents house that they bought at the time, and it was......wait for it......here it comes.....an expanding neighborhood. Just South of 153rd Ave and West of 82 Street. Those 2 main roads now were dirt roads adjoining farmers fields to the North at the time. I could stand on the front porch and watch the cows and horses in the fields.

It's slightly () different now.

Old
08-20-2014, 10:30 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
Good job? You call THAT a good job. You've gotta be kidding me.

That was ****ing brilliant man.

Old
08-21-2014, 09:34 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Interesting. I'm living in my parents house that they bought at the time, and it was......wait for it......here it comes.....an expanding neighborhood. Just South of 153rd Ave and West of 82 Street. Those 2 main roads now were dirt roads adjoining farmers fields to the North at the time. I could stand on the front porch and watch the cows and horses in the fields.

It's slightly () different now.
There is pigs now too?

Old
08-21-2014, 10:54 AM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:
There is pigs now too?
More chickens than pigs.

Old
08-21-2014, 11:20 AM
Gord
Tesla

Quote:
Good job? You call THAT a good job. You've gotta be kidding me.

That was ****ing brilliant man.
I undersold it in case you guys didn't think it was awesome.

Old
08-21-2014, 11:25 AM
Gord
Tesla

Quote:
Love donating to charities, but this is the stupidest challenge I've ever seen.

Not sure what it accomplishes other than the potential that you can have your neck broken.
well, the awareness and visibility of ALS has NEVER been higher.
and the fact that donations coming in have also shot through the roof.

plus there is the bonus of seeing a lot of well know sports figures and celebs on a human level, being decent people. that has been kind of cool too.

so I'd say it has accomplished amazing things.

Old
08-21-2014, 01:21 PM
The Head Crusher

Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Speak of the ALS Ice Challenge the co founder of the challenge has died from drowning.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...7-9681129.html