HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Leafs assign 16 players to AHL

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2003, 06:07 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500

ST. JOHN'S (CP) -- Forwards Josh Holden, Aaron Gavey, Harold Druken, Luca Cereda, Kyle Wellwood, Robb Palahnuk, Nathan Barrett and Jeff Daw have been assigned by the Toronto Maple Leafs to their St. John's AHL affiliate.

Defencemen Marc Moro, Jay Harrison, Regan Kelly, Brendan Bell and David Turon also will begin the season with the Baby Leafs. Goaltenders Mike Minard, Sebastien Centomo and J.F. Racine also were assigned to St. John's, the NHL club announced Saturday night.

Old
09-27-2003, 06:20 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by w17glen
good luck to nathan perrott you deserve a good look
if I had my choice I would keep Parrott and dump Belak when the Season stars from the NHL roster..

With Domi and Marchment re is REDUNDANT...

Old
09-27-2003, 06:30 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
I WOULD DUMP BERG ,REICHEL, RENBERG fitzgerald before belak, don't forget belakn can play some defense like i said some, he keeps the other teams on their toes, but i really like perrott i remember him in the ohl playing against the windsor spitfires
Nope can't agree with you there.... Belak is by far the Weekest link Good Bye..

Can't play offense, can't skate, can't really play defense..he just takes stupid penalties that cost the Leafs wins...

I would much rather the Kids...Stajan or Poni get his spot on forward or Colaiacovo or Kandratiev on D... and if it toughness that the Leafs need ...which I couldn't understand with all the sand paper they have then I think Perrott has done more in 3 preseason games than Belak has in entire career..

Old
09-27-2003, 06:34 PM
Epoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
Defencemen Marc Moro, Jay Harrison, Regan Kelly, Brendan Bell and David Turon also will begin the season with the Baby Leafs.
So these are the players that would be called up?

Old
09-27-2003, 06:39 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-TWѤ
So these are the players that would be called up?
NO ....The ones called up first would be the ones still currently with the team and not yet assigned..

Colaiacovo, Kondratiev, Hedin, Chartier, Pushor(if signed), Pilar(when Healthy),

Old
09-27-2003, 06:51 PM
Epoch

Quote:
NO ....The ones called up first would be the ones still currently with the team and not yet assigned..

Colaiacovo, Kondratiev, Hedin, Chartier, Pushor(if signed), Pilar(when Healthy),
I'm a little surprised Chartier is there and not Bell.

Old
09-27-2003, 06:57 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Chartier has already played 2 years on the farm in the AHL and deserves a longer look than Bell.. but I am surprised he made the first cut..

Hell be on the rock by the end of next week though..

Old
09-27-2003, 06:59 PM
Mike1

Has Perott been that impressive? Is he better than Belak?

Old
09-27-2003, 07:01 PM
Epoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1
Has Perott been that impressive? Is he better than Belak?
Perrott has been spectacular. Even though he didn't score tonight he made his presence felt,checking,fighting,etc. He's an upgrade over Belak.I can agree with The Messenger about having him over Belak.

Old
09-27-2003, 07:03 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
From his perch in the Corel Centre press box, former Ottawa 67's captain Brendan Bell must have stared down at the ice and wondered what might have been.

Longing to suit up in the city in which he starred at the junior hockey level, the young defenceman instead found himself dressed in civvies for the Maple Leafs' 2-0 pre-season loss to the Ottawa Senators last night.

And the news likely will not get any better tonight when Bell, 20, is expected to be among the 16 or so cuts made at the conclusion of the Leafs-Sens rematch at Mile One Stadium in St. John's.

"Nothing is official," Bell said when asked if talk of his impending demotion was true.

Maybe not. But it will take a rash of injuries or a last-minute change of heart by the Maple Leafs brass for Bell not to start the season in St. John's.

Whispers concerning Bell's apparent fate were widespread throughout the Ottawa dressing room after the Senators' morning skate yesterday.

Meanwhile, back in Toronto, forward Gary Roberts, during an interview with Mojo radio, acknowledged that Bell had been sent down.

Yet, Leafs general manager John Ferguson refused to confirm the reports, saying "that decision had yet to be made."

Asked about Bell's camp, he replied: "He's been okay, nothing outstanding."

Added Ferguson: "I've never seen the AHL hurt a young defenceman."

"I won't know anything until (tonight), but I think I've had a good camp," Bell said. "I think I can fit in at this level."

With coach Pat Quinn poised to trim his roster, Bell's potential pain will be a significant gain for European youngsters Pierre Hedin and Maxim Kondratiev who, along with Ric Jackman, Carlo Colaiacovo and Jamie Pushor, seemingly have one less candidate to worry about in their respective bids to land a spot with the parent club.

Another player vying to stay in that mix is defenceman Christian Chartier, who believes he will avoid Quinn's axe and return to Toronto tonight.

Colaiacovo, meanwhile, continues to look better with every outing. Coming off a groin injury that hampered him for much of the Leafs training camp in Scandinavia, he appears to be gaining strength and is returning to the sleek-skating form that wowed the Toronto brass during camp last fall.

"This definitely is the best I've felt," Colaiacovo, 20, said. "It's really coming along."

So, too, is forward Matt Stajan, who will remain with Toronto for at least another week.

"He's done very well," Quinn said. "He might have been our best player out there tonight."

Old
09-27-2003, 07:03 PM
Epoch

It's a shame he's 27 and finally getting recognized.

Old
09-27-2003, 07:14 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Perrott has been spectacular. Even though he didn't score tonight he made his presence felt,checking,fighting,etc. He's an upgrade over Belak.I can agree with The Messenger about having him over Belak.
Well if you can agree on having him over Belak , then how come I can't convince you that Belak is redundant than, particularly if Perrott takes his spot at Forward..

Perrott has been very good and noticable in every game, particularly the way he charges the net and causes havoc there... Leafs could use that type of player as an energy guy on the 4th line ... I would even keep him over Poni at this stage of camp..

Old
09-27-2003, 07:16 PM
Epoch

Quote:
Well if you can agree on having him over Belak , then how come I can't convince you that Belak is redundant than, particularly if Perrott takes his spot at Forward..

Perrott has been very good and noticable in every game, particularly the way he charges the net and causes havoc there... Leafs could use that type of player as an energy guy on the 4th line ... I would even keep him over Poni at this stage of camp..
I never said Belak was bad,I just prefer Perrott over him!

Old
09-27-2003, 07:26 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
I never said Belak was bad,I just prefer Perrott over him!
and I am going on record as saying Belak is rundundant NOW and that is irrelevant of what I think of his skills..

Conclusion:

IF you are Redundant ...then you are expendable.. the DEFENSE rest..

Redirect??

Old
09-27-2003, 08:00 PM
McFly

Quote:
PONI PONI PONI??? WHAT THE HECK DOES THIS FLOATER DO? SOMEONE PLEEEEZ TELL ME. I DID EE HIM TODAY MISS 2 OPEN NETS AGAIN, get rid of him ,useless
Why are you so irate and bitter towards this guy? Ok so he missed two open nets well who gives a crap. You can't pot em all. You ask what does he do, well what can he do? He doesn't play alot of minutes and not alot is required of him anyways. He hasn't done alot to date because he hasn't had many chances or been called up alot. He has skills and size so let him play a few games in a row and then judge this guy. RELAX!

Old
09-27-2003, 08:06 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
PONI PONI PONI??? WHAT THE HECK DOES THIS FLOATER DO? SOMEONE PLEEEEZ TELL ME. I DID EE HIM TODAY MISS 2 OPEN NETS AGAIN, get rid of him ,useless
Well at least he was working for chances...

How many open nets did Belak miss today??.. never mind that question...How many times did Belak even cross the opponents Blue line with his skating ability or lack there of??....the puck was already going the other direction the time Belak arrives on the scene..

Old
09-27-2003, 08:22 PM
Epoch

Quote:
Well at least he was working for chances...

How many open nets did Belak miss today??.. never mind that question...How many times did Belak even cross the opponents Blue line with his skating ability or lack there of??....the puck was already going the other direction the time Belak arrives on the scene..
Your really on Belak's back!!!

Old
09-27-2003, 09:32 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Your really on Belak's back!!!
I am no where near Belak back...I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole matter of fact... To me its very depressing to see my leafs dress a guy like that particularly at the expense of a more gifted offensive player...as the Leafs have enough grinders...Dress a more deserving player and cut that dud already...

Old
09-28-2003, 03:28 AM
Epoch

Quote:
I am no where near Belak back...I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole matter of fact... To me its very depressing to see my leafs dress a guy like that particularly at the expense of a more gifted offensive player...as the Leafs have enough grinders...Dress a more deserving player and cut that dud already...
Belak is a perfect example of a high draft pick (12th overall,1994 I think) that never made his potential,but at least he's making a name for himself now.....as an enforcer!

'Nuff said!

Old
09-28-2003, 06:28 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
did i miss something ? i didn't know belak was suppose to be a goal scorer , as long as he don't miss 2 punches to a guys head cause he's the FIGHTER NOT A SCORER
That's my point ..He is not much of A HOCKEY PLAYER EITHER...

Old
09-28-2003, 06:44 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

tie's turned belak into a good fighter.
and he's huge, which is kind of nice to have.
he seemed ok on the wing, but if he has some market value we can afford to deal him, with perrott strutting his stuff.

domi belak perrott marchment pushor

these are some bad apples, but too many bad apples upsets the apple cart

a.berg, belak, tucker, green.. nice to see we're stockpiling in potential trade packaging commodities.

Closed Thread