Peewee AA Lsl North- What a mess

Old
09-13-2013, 03:33 PM
Canadiens1958

vCash: 500
Stats Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoCyber View Post
That is an excellent approach. Regarding LSL, no tapes were done, no review of the games were done with any players, and no reason was give to any player when they got cut.

This lack of communication has caused a major rash of crazy theories with the LSL parents. Parents are looking at the stats of their kids and a few other kids (+/-, goals, assists) and see that their kid has better stats than his competition. His kid gets cut and the parent is saying why, my son has better stats.

Since no explanation is given, the 1st thought that the parent has is that he is not from Lakeshore. Then it goes from, "I did not put you in the Lions camp", all the way to, "the team was made in the summer"

As the parents are not technical, have no idea what the evaluators are looking, and there is no feedback to the child as to why he got cut, you can understand why parents have all these thoughts.
Stats which were distributed, as you admit, are part of the game and complete review process. So there was review. Extent or completeness is another issue. Curious as to what was discussed with the players in the dressing room behind closed doors.

Having better stats especially +/-, goals, assists, points are poor indicators at the best of times.Especially true during exhibition games. Time on ice is given to the possibles as opposed to the core players. So the possibles generate numbers that bump them into the depth group or first option call-ups. Does not make them better than a core group player. Exhibition games are the ideal time to see such players against the oppositions better players and prep them for situations during the season.

Key indicators revolve around executing the objectives outlined in the game plan. Ability of the player to integrate a new team dynamic playing outside his home association comfort zone and progress from the start of the tryout process.

Canadiens1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 08:27 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by proam16 View Post
The Lions, historically, do not surclass. Especially, if you are notgoing to play on the first 2 lines.
They've told a kid they will surclass him.

IHaveNoCreativity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 10:30 PM
Hockey RUS

The injured 2000 player in question is of AAA calibre. I have seen him play. This is not a stretch that he made the team. He is one of the top 2000s in LSL.

I know it is tough for the last cut in AAA to see someone make it who did not practice or play. However, when it is an injury issue, that is a bit of gray area as to what you do.

Hockey RUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 12:16 AM
Canadiens1958

Claims

Please note, claims have to be supported by the narrative or links. Otherwise natd.

Old
09-14-2013, 01:12 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I know the last cut.

He's a great kid, and a little small. He wasn't bitter at all.

He will likely play Espoir next year if he grows.

If he was 5'5 he would of made AAA.

Old
09-14-2013, 07:27 PM
ClemQ

what does this thread have to do with the QMJHL ?

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 07:48 PM
GinoCyber*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1958 View Post
Please note, claims have to be supported by the narrative or links. Otherwise natd.
I don't understand why you continue to delete every post I make that has a bit of negativity towards lsl hockey.

[QUOTE] Stats which were distributed, as you admit, are part of the game and complete review process. So there was review. Extent or completeness is another issue. Curious as to what was discussed with the players in the dressing room behind closed doors./QUOTE]

You are mis interpreting what I have said.
Please let me know how I can tell you what was discussed with the players behind close doors without getting my post deleted

Regards

GinoCyber* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 07:50 PM
Canadiens1958

Feeder System

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
what does this thread have to do with the QMJHL ?
Part of the feeder system to the QMJHL. Just like NHL boards discussing the feeder system to the NHL.

Old
09-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Canadiens1958

Point(s) Being

[QUOTE=GinoCyber;71112179]I don't understand why you continue to delete every post I make that has a bit of negativity towards lsl hockey.

Quote:
Stats which were distributed, as you admit, are part of the game and complete review process. So there was review. Extent or completeness is another issue. Curious as to what was discussed with the players in the dressing room behind closed doors./QUOTE]

Please let me know how I can tell you what was discussed with the players behind close doors without getting my post deleted

Regards
Because you are targeting one organization with innuendo. Raising general points that do not target a specific organization may get something accomplished.

Per your posts #45 and #48 you clearly assert that no such discussion with players happened behind "closed doors" or elsewhere or in various circumstances.. Now you claim that such discussions took place.

Too many contradictions in what you post similar to the above.

Old
09-14-2013, 09:59 PM
GinoCyber*

Quote:
Because you are targeting one organization with innuendo. Raising general points that do not target a specific organization may get something accomplished.
That is because I am from LSL. I don't see how I can comment on another regions since I do not know the inner workings of that region.

For the record, I am not trying to accomplish anything. I am just posting what I see happening. I really doubt that LSL is going to care what some poster on a user forum says about them.

Also, how is post 30 not targeting one specific organization with innuendo?

Quote:
Per your posts #45 and #48 you clearly assert that no such discussion with players happened behind "closed doors" or elsewhere or in various circumstances.. Now you claim that such discussions took place.

Too many contradictions in what you post similar to the above.
Where am I saying discussions with players took place behind close doors?

GinoCyber* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 10:16 PM
RBZ

Saw many of the Peewee AAA games the past few days. The Conquerant are a machine and as I have stated many times, I do not see them loosing a game this year. Of the 4 teams from the Lac St Louis region, the only team I can see being above .500 is LSL South. The rest will be lucky to hit .400. Surprisingly the South Shore teams also look to be no better then average.

RBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 10:18 PM
Canadiens1958

Here

Quote:
Stats which were distributed, as you admit, are part of the game and complete review process. So there was review. Extent or completeness is another issue. Curious as to what was discussed with the players in the dressing room behind closed doors./QUOTE]

Regards
Answer to your LAST question in post #60 is bolded. At this stage there is no point in continuing with you.

Last edited by Canadiens1958: 09-14-2013 at 10:20 PM. Reason: addition.
Old
09-14-2013, 10:31 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

The south AA is supposed to be alright.

Ironically the south has scooped up Ammar Naek and his second in command.

The Lions don't like people talking bad about them.

Also a certain lakeshore high up used to be on this site.

Old
09-14-2013, 10:56 PM
RBZ

LSL South AAA is made up of mostly Lakeshore kids. Their pool to choose from has not gotten bigger because West Island did not contribute any top end players. So in the end all other organizations got a bigger pool to choose from for AAA while LSL South AAA is really just a Lakeshore AA team.

The territorial regions did no favors to any teams in Lac St Louis at least in Peewee.

Old
09-15-2013, 11:28 AM
RBZ

I want to sincerely apologize for the fact I predicted the Peewee AAA Conquerants to go undefeated. They lost this morning in the semi-finals of the Defi-Laval 3-2 against the Montreal Nationals.

It was an amazing game and the Nationals were a very good and hard working team.

The finals are today at 3pm against Quebec.

Old
09-15-2013, 11:45 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I thought Montreal was supposed to be the worst team in AAA lol.

Old
09-15-2013, 12:35 PM
RBZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I thought Montreal was supposed to be the worst team in AAA lol.
Who claimed that? They are are a top 10 team easily.

Old
09-15-2013, 01:01 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I was told Montreal is the worst region.

Old
09-15-2013, 01:08 PM
Thebesthockey

got to stop living in the west island bubble

mtl BTAAA will be top 5 also...stacked

Thebesthockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 01:09 PM
hab 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBZ View Post
I want to sincerely apologize for the fact I predicted the Peewee AAA Conquerants to go undefeated. They lost this morning in the semi-finals of the Defi-Laval 3-2 against the Montreal Nationals.

It was an amazing game and the Nationals were a very good and hard working team.

The finals are today at 3pm against Quebec.
Perhaps they will go undefeated from now on lol. Huge surprise though.

I still think Conquérants win everything from now on.

But kudos to the Montréal kids

hab 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2013, 06:54 AM
hockey is religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I was told Montreal is the worst region.
I think people in general need to stop commenting on teams outside their regions. I know you didn't mean it in a bad way but from what you have heard. I am from the Montreal region but my son is not on this team and this team is very good and still have alot to improve. They were very well coached this weekend especial against the Conquerants. Don't get me wrong, I think the Conquerants are still the best team in Quebec and this was probably the best thing that happened to them in the long run. There #11 is the best 2001 on the province hands down but people need to start realizing that there are other players who are very good and there game plan should not always be around #11. They are pretty solid all the way around.

hockey is religion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2013, 06:57 AM
Hockey RUS

Any updates on LSL north? Have did resolved their roster finally and did they indeed bring in players from LSL south. I am referring to PWAA.

Old
09-16-2013, 07:38 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

They brought in 3, the parent who got the coach fired has a son on the team and DDO has their former PW-AA coach, coaching the team.

Old
09-16-2013, 09:50 AM
Hockey RUS

So they cut 3 kids who were there from the beginning for 3 outsiders. My buddy's son left the process near the beginning (not sure if cut or quit) so I lost my source!

Firing a coach at the 11th hour of a training camp is incredible. I am pretty sure the coach has little control over all of the stuff going on.

Old
09-16-2013, 11:47 AM
RBZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey RUS View Post
So they cut 3 kids who were there from the beginning for 3 outsiders. My buddy's son left the process near the beginning (not sure if cut or quit) so I lost my source!

Firing a coach at the 11th hour of a training camp is incredible. I am pretty sure the coach has little control over all of the stuff going on.
Not fair that they cut kids who were there at the start to im port 3 kids from the other side. It should be all about developing players who want to be there and learn. Best part is they told kids cut from AAA who did not report to AA that they will be forever blackballed from the Lions. Lions want to win, that is all they are about......so if the kids are good enough they will make the team. I would guess if the kids who bailed on the system are on the bubble next year, they won't be chosen. But if they are in the top tier they will be chosen.