HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Dynasty Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2013, 10:00 AM
dyzfunctioned

vCash: 500
Another brutal season for the Lightning, finishing 39-33-10, and unlike last season, the Lightning had a 3-6-1 losing skid to wrap up the year.

Even more disappointing than the team's overall record was several individual player's performances.

Stamkos had a mere 29 goals and 22 assists for 51 points, second on the team.

Goalies were improved this year yet outside of Patrick Kane, the rest of the team was just brutal. Kane put up 70 points, good for team lead by 19.

Needless to say there will be some changes coming in the off-season.

Interestingly, Ben Bishop, who spent the year in the AHL, jumped from an 81 to an 86 but was requesting $5.5M so was released to FA.

After a disappointing year, it is rumoured that the GM is shopping Gabriel Landeskog, Eric Gryba, Patrick Wiercioch, Boyd Gordon, and several others, leaving some holes to be filled in the lineup.

As it stands:

Drouin-Stamkos-Kane
Malone-Filpulla-Downie
Cerveny-Peverley-Panik/Connolly
Dej-Pyatt-Tropp

Hedman-EJ
Gardiner-Sanguinetti
Aulie-Orlov

Lack
Markstrom

Old
10-18-2013, 11:08 AM
sully61
Unregistered User

I just bought NHL 14, I edited and created a few prospects and players for the red wings. I may edit a few around the league also. I'll start a red wings one and do updates. First one will be today, hopefully.

Old
10-18-2013, 11:16 AM
Stizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieottersnews View Post
It's really random honestly. In my Tampa BAGM I sent Drouin down to juniors, he's 4.5 green starts I belive. Next season he jumped to an 82 overall and I played him on my 2nd line, but the time I got to my 4th season he was an 89 overall. Adam Erne was around a 70 overall 4 green stars, played him in juniors for two seasons and in my third season he was a 79 overall, played him on my 4th line. Now he's an 82 and I shuffle him between 2nd and 3rd. Some guys progress really nicely and some just never get good.
Thanks for the info! If anyone else has had experiences with sending 4* green or 4.5* yellow prospects down to junior in BAGM, I'd love to hear about it.

Old
10-18-2013, 11:58 AM
Screeech

vCash: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzle View Post
Thanks for the info! If anyone else has had experiences with sending 4* green or 4.5* yellow prospects down to junior in BAGM, I'd love to hear about it.
I usually leave my prospects in juniors and then sign them if they are about to enter free agency or if they are 80+ overall

Old
10-18-2013, 12:12 PM
EON

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
Another brutal season for the Lightning, finishing 39-33-10, and unlike last season, the Lightning had a 3-6-1 losing skid to wrap up the year.

Even more disappointing than the team's overall record was several individual player's performances.

Stamkos had a mere 29 goals and 22 assists for 51 points, second on the team.

Goalies were improved this year yet outside of Patrick Kane, the rest of the team was just brutal. Kane put up 70 points, good for team lead by 19.

Needless to say there will be some changes coming in the off-season.

Interestingly, Ben Bishop, who spent the year in the AHL, jumped from an 81 to an 86 but was requesting $5.5M so was released to FA.

After a disappointing year, it is rumoured that the GM is shopping Gabriel Landeskog, Eric Gryba, Patrick Wiercioch, Boyd Gordon, and several others, leaving some holes to be filled in the lineup.

As it stands:

Drouin-Stamkos-Kane
Malone-Filpulla-Downie
Cerveny-Peverley-Panik/Connolly
Dej-Pyatt-Tropp

Hedman-EJ
Gardiner-Sanguinetti
Aulie-Orlov

Lack
Markstrom
In my tampa GM mode I pulled off some big trades, basically turning Stammer plus two first into Jonathan Huberdeau and Alex Pietrangelo, worked out so nice for me. That Drouin-Stamkos-Kane line is the exact line I had and it just doesn't work with them all being snipers. Put Huberdeua, a playmaker in the middle, and Drouin/Kane take off.

Old
10-18-2013, 12:31 PM
sully61
Unregistered User

2013-2014 Detroit Red Wings Season Preview
September 30, 2013

With the 2013-14 season starting this week, here is the Detroit Red Wings season preview article. With a couple big changes coming to the organization, we'll start from the top. Ken Holland steps down as General Manager and goes to Assistant General Manager. His replacement is the unknown GM Sully. We haven't contacted him, but Ken Holland said "He likes young talent, but also recognizes the value in veterans, I don't think much will change in the long term with him here". Then in the off-season while Holland was still GM he signed Daniel Alfredsson to a 1 year contract at $5.5M and Stephen Weiss to a 5 year contract at $4.9M a year. On September 13th when Sully took over, he made a couple moves sending Cleary, Bertuzzi, and Emmerton to the minors to make room for the young guns. Holland expects them to be first call ups incase of long term injuries. Here is their starting line up going into the season.

Detroit Red Wings Roster
Zetterberg (90)- Datsyuk (95)- Franzen (85)
Nyquist (81)- Weiss (84)- Alfredsson (83)
Abdelkader (81)- Helm (84)- Tatar (79)
Miller (80)- Andersson (78)- Tootoo (77)
Eaves (79)

Kronwall (89)- Ericsson (85)
DeKeyser (81)- Kindl (82)
Quincey (83)- Smith (78)
Lashoff (77)

Howard (88)
Gustavsson (75)

Grand Rapids Griffins Roster
Cleary (78)- Jarnkrok (74)- Jurco (74)
Ferraro (74)- Sheahan (74)- Janmark-Nylen (72)
Pulkkinen (68)- Glendening (75)- Frk (66)
Tvrdon (64)- Emmerton (76)- Callahan (68)
Bertuzzi (79)

Ouellet (75)- Sproul (71)
Backman (70)- Marchenko (69)
Almquist (68)- Nedomlel (65)
Nicastro (67)

Mrazek (72)
Coreau (66)

Injuries are on

Old
10-18-2013, 12:35 PM
dyzfunctioned

Quote:
In my tampa GM mode I pulled off some big trades, basically turning Stammer plus two first into Jonathan Huberdeau and Alex Pietrangelo, worked out so nice for me. That Drouin-Stamkos-Kane line is the exact line I had and it just doesn't work with them all being snipers. Put Huberdeua, a playmaker in the middle, and Drouin/Kane take off.
I hate Huberdeau and a lot of the young C's in this game because they all have such terrible faceoff ratings that I only want to play them on the wing. Then stupid assistant coach moves them back to C all the time

Going to give Stammer one more year to see how he performs. Don't want to trade him but after a 71 and 51 point season, if he doesn't get around point per game this year, I'll probably move him for a different #1C.

I'll likely put one of Drouin/Kane on the second line... maybe go with something like:

Drouin-Stamkos-Erne
Malone-Filpulla-Kane
Cerveny-Peverley-Downie
Dej-Pyatt-Tropp

Old
10-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Screeech

@NHLFlames: Flames finish the preseason with a record of 6-0-0! #goflamesgo!

Old
10-18-2013, 01:08 PM
Screeech

@NHLFlames: Flames claim D Radko Gudas off of waivers from the Lightning. #welcomeRadko

@NHLFlames: Flames claim D Brian Lashoff off of the waiver wire. #waivers

Last edited by Screeech: 10-18-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old
10-18-2013, 01:39 PM
Screeech

"A New Face"

Rookie GM Screech didn't take to long to make his first trade as a general manager. The deal was completed this morning in a transaction that sent promising prospect Laurent Brossoit and the flames 2014 3rd round pick to the Lightning for the young russian Nikita Kucherov. "We are very pleased to add a player of Kucherov's calibre to our prospect pool" said Screeech when asked about the deal. The Flames also made another deal that sent 23 year old Danny Dekeyser to Calgary.

Nikita Kucherov (71 OVR, 20 YO, 4 1/2, PLY)

Laurent Brossoit (61 OVR, 20 YO, 3, HYB)
CGY 3rd round pick (2014)

Danny Dekeyser (75 OVR, 23 YO, 3 1/2, OFD)
Mitch Callahan (66 OVR, 22 YO, 2 1/2, GRN)

Shane O'Brien (79 OVR, 30 YO, DFD)
Derek Smith (78 OVR, 29 YO, TWD)
CGY 4th round pick (2014

Old
10-18-2013, 01:56 PM
EON

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
I hate Huberdeau and a lot of the young C's in this game because they all have such terrible faceoff ratings that I only want to play them on the wing. Then stupid assistant coach moves them back to C all the time

Going to give Stammer one more year to see how he performs. Don't want to trade him but after a 71 and 51 point season, if he doesn't get around point per game this year, I'll probably move him for a different #1C.

I'll likely put one of Drouin/Kane on the second line... maybe go with something like:

Drouin-Stamkos-Erne
Malone-Filpulla-Kane
Cerveny-Peverley-Downie
Dej-Pyatt-Tropp
Yeah, the low faceoff rating is annoying, I just couldn't keep that going any longer. team was in a huge rut, defense wasnt that good and the offense I though would be there wasn't. I chose to deal away Stammer b/c the contract I signed him to was 4 years 10.5 million, and that was the cheapest I could get it. He turned around and didn't even break 70 points. My team is much more complete now, just something to think about if you decide to make a move, Stammer asks for an insane contract.

Old
10-18-2013, 01:59 PM
Screeech

@NHLFlames: It's now December 1st and the Flames now sit at last in the league with a record of 4-19-3. # #PlayBadForEkblad

Old
10-18-2013, 02:07 PM
The Right Price

2013-2014 MONTREAL CANADIENS SEASON

PRE-SEASON

During the summer, general manager Marc Bergevin adds intimidation to the lineup in the form of enforcer George Parros and defenseman Douglas Murray. Bergevin also adds local talent, Daniel Brière, who had been bough out by the Philadelphia Flyers.

REGULAR SEASON

As the Olympic break looms around the corner, the Canadiens go on a roll with a season high six consecutive victories. This takes the team to ten games over .500.

Many Canadiens participate in the Winter Olympics in Sochi. Carey Price and P.K. Subban get the honor of playing for Canada while Alex Galchenyuk and Max Pacioretty represent the United States. Alexei Emelin and Andrei Markov dress for Russia while Tomas Plekanec suits up, turtleneck and all, for the Czech Republic. Raphael Diaz plays for Switzerland.

The team hits a speed bump directly after the Olympics as Michel Therrien's troops lose four in a row and then head for a four game roadtrip through Arizona and California. In the warm climate the team fail to record a victory but push three of the four games past regulation time, thus earning three points and a miserable record of 0-5-3 straight after the Olympics.

The Canadiens are now just five games over .500.

This provokes Marc Bergevin to find solutions. He trades his second round draft pick in the upcoming Entry Draft and Finnish prospect Joonas Nättinen to the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for Maxime Talbot. Talbot brings energy to the locker room while also improving the penalty kill.

Soon after the trade Marc Bergevin waives George Parros, who had been a dissapointment and only fought four times during the season, and Daniel Brière, who had a miserable eight points in 55 games and the teams most frozen plus/minus rating. In a odd twist, Philadelphia Flyers claim Brère, the player they had just bought out last summer. Parros would go on finishing the season in the minors while not being offered a contract extension in the summer.

During the season several of the Canadiens log hundreds of frequent flier miles between Hamilton and Montreal as they are called in as reinforcements when the injury bug hit the Canadiens’ locker room. Michael Blunden and Nathan Beaulieu were the most impressive and would go on to dress for the club in post-season play.

From five games over .500 the Canadiens finish the season with 12 games over the .500 mark and qualify for the Stanley Cup Playoffs with three games remaining. The Canadiens finished 10th in the NHL, 5th in the Eastern Conference and 2nd in the Atlantic Division.

P.K. Subban was on a tear the whole month of March and April and would eventually win the James Norris Memorial Trophy for the second consecutive season. Subban had more points than any other defenseman in the NHL during the regular season.

Brendan Gallagher and Alex Galchenyuk knew nothing of sophomore slumps and posted impressive numbers with Gallagher leading the team in scoring by the end of the season. Tomas Plekanec, Lars Eller and Rene Bourque, who was back to his 09-10 season form, all had strong years playing top-6 minutes.

Brian Gionta started the year slowly but showed leadership after the trade deadline and started finding the back of the net at a crucial point in the season. Max Pacioretty suffered a concussion from a Dion Phaneuf hit in the season opener against the Maple Leafs and was sidelined until late December.

THE PLAYOFFS

TEAMWLOTLPTSGFGAPP%PK%
Montreal4331894233211.206.831
Toronto4231993216224.148.811

In the first round of the post-season the Canadiens face the Maple Leafs. This is the first playoffs series between the teams since the 1978-79 season.

After being shutout 0-3 by Toronto in Game 1 the Canadiens respond by winning Game 2 by the score of 4-1. Game 3 sees the series move to Toronto. The Canadiens manage to outscore the Maple Leafs 5-4 in Game 3. The Canadiens lead 2-1.

Game 4 would be a memorable one for the Canadiens. The score stood 1-1 after 60 minutes of play. In the ninth minute of over-time P.K. Subban became the hero, blasting a rocket of a slapshot past Leafs goalie Jonathan Bernier. The Air Canada Centre didn't know how to react.

Despite the OT loss in Game 4 the Maple Leafs bounced back to take Game 5 by the score of 3-1.

Game 6. Brendan Gallagher is injured and is later ruled out for the remainder of the season. The Habs fight bravely for their fallen teammate and defeat the Leafs 4-1 and wins the series 4-2.

Carey Price was the most valuable player for the Canadiens in the series. His save percentage was in the high .93's and he outduelled Bernier and could stand the pressure.

TEAMWLOTLPTSGFGAPP%PK%
Montreal4331894233211.206.831
Detroit4333692232207.197.844

In the second round the Canadiens face another Original Six team, the Detroit Red Wings and the likes of Henrik Zetterberg and Pavel Datsyuk who had been tearing it up against their first round opponent, the Florida Panthers.

Montreal last faced Detroit in post-season play during the 1977-78 season.

Game 1 and the Red Wings beat the Canadiens in a 3-2 in a tight contest. The captain Brian Gionta shows Canadiens the way in Game 2 as he has two goals in a 6-3 Canadiens victory.

Game 3 would end in a 3-2 Detroit overtime victory. Game 4 and the Red Wings seemed to be just a step ahead and defeat the Canadiens 4-2.

Game 5 and Detroit presses on and jumps to a 4-1 lead. However, the Canadiens fight back in front of their fans and Rene Bourque makes it 5-6 with 90 seconds to go. Therrien pulls Price as soon as puck possesion is gained and the Canadiens create some chances but Detroit and their goaltender Jimmy Howard hold on for a 6-5 result at the buzzer. The Red Wings take the series games 4-1.

What lost the series for Canadiens was their defensive game, which the Detroit Red Wings could better use to their advantage than the Toronto Maple Leafs did. Carey Price became human after his near perfect series against the Leafs and the forward unit just could not score at the pace that the Red Wings did. On an interesting note the Canadiens scored at least two goals in every match in this series.

It was a strong post-season performance by Lars Eller who put up four goals and seven assists in eleven games. Tomas Plekanec had six goals.

POST-SEASON / NHL ENTRY DRAFT

Francis Bouillon announced his retirement at the end of the season.

Unhappy about drafting 17th, Marc Bergevin makes a move on draft day. He trades assistant captain Josh Gorges and their 17th pick to Carolina in exchange for forward Zach Boychuk and their 1st rounder, the 9th overall pick. Gorges becomes Carolinas best defenseman after the trade.

With the 9th overall selection the Canadiens draft German Leon Draisaitl from the Prince Albert Raiders.

Back at the office Bergevin wastes no time on resigning his players. He extends P.K. Subban to a deal worth 30 million over six years (5 M cap hit). Bergevin also extends Eller, Markov, Gionta, Murray, Emelin, Diaz, White and Talbot to good deals. Even though Brian Gionta will play for the Canadiens next season, rumour has it he will give the C to P.K. Subban at the home opener!

Just before free agency opens Bergevin trades forward Travis Moen to the Nashville Predators in exchange for their 3rd round pick in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft.

CANADIENS STATISTICS

PLAYERGPGAPTSPLAYOFFSGPGAPTS
Brendan Gallagher81213160 6123
Alex Galchenyuk82322759 11369
P.K. Subban82104959 11325
Tomas Plekanec80183957 11639
Lars Eller80232750 114711
Rene Bourque82282149 11448
Brian Gionta "C"80161834 11314
Max Pacioretty44181331 113710
Andrei Markov "A"8082331 11123
David Desharnais75131730 11022
Josh Gorges "A"4901919 1101212
Brandon Prust759716 11101
Douglas Murray7921416 11033
Ryan White728614 11011
Alexei Emelin8021214 11033
Raphael Diaz5101313 3000
Nathan Beaulieu402810 8112
Michael Blunden48549 10101
Daniel Brière55358     
Francis Bouillon26178     
Gabriel Dumont33347     
Travis Moen43145 6000
Maxime Talbot23112 11213
Jarred Tinordi5101     
George Parros18011     
Michael Bournival10011     
Louis Leblanc3000     

PLAYER GPGAAWGASV%SO
Carey PriceRegular season582.2732128.92598
Carey PricePlayoffs season112.81531.91170
Peter BudajRegular season302.841275.90541

AROUND THE LEAGUE

Division winners

Pacific: Anaheim Ducks (46-30-6, 98 Pts)
Central: Nashville Predators (47-32-3, 97 Pts)
Atlantic: Florida Panthers (45-30-7, 97 Pts)
Metropolitan: New York Rangers (51-23-8, 110 Pts)

Playoffs

Western Conference QF
Anaheim 0 - St. Louis 4
San Jose 4 - Phoenix 1
Nashville 3 - Dallas 4
Winnipeg 4 - Chicago 1

Eastern Conference QF
Florida 3 - Detroit 4
Montreal 4 - Toronto 2
NY Rangers 2 - Tampa Bay 4
New Jersey 3 - Pittsburgh 4

Western Conference SF
San Jose 4 - St. Louis 1
Winnipeg 4 - Dallas 2

Eastern Conference SF
Montreal 1 - Detroit 4
Pittsburgh 1 - Tampa Bay 4

Western Conference F
San Jose 4 - Winnipeg 1

Eastern Conference F
Detroit 3 - Tampa Bay 4

Stanley Cup Final
San Jose 4 - Tampa Bay 1

Stanley Cup Champions 2013-2014 San Jose Sharks
Dan Boyle, Justin Braun, Adam Burish, Brent Burns
Logan Couture, Jason Demers, Andrew Desjardins, Scott Hannan,
Martin Havlat, Tomas Hertl, Matt Irwin, Bracken Kearns,
Tyler Kennedy, Patrick Marleau, Antti Niemi, Joe Pavelski
James Sheppard, Alex Stalock, Brad Stuart, Joe Thornton
Raffi Torres, Marc-Edouard Vlasic, Tommy Wingels

2014 NHL ENTRY DRAFT TOP 15

1. COL A. Ekblad
2. CBJ S. Reinhart
3. WSH M. Mistele
4. PHI K. Appleby
5. BUF R. McKeown
6. CGY E. Laurikainen
7. ANA N. Ritchie
8. VAN T. Rimmer
9. MTL L. Draisaitl
10. EDM A. Nedeljkovic
11. BOS J. Virtanen
12. NYI L. Guindon
13. LA R. Maheux
14. MIN M. Niederberger
15. TOR M. Dal Colle

NHL AWARDS

AWARDPLAYERTEAM
Art RossJonathan ToewsChicago
HartJonathan ToewsChicago
James NorrisP.K. SubbanMontreal
Conn SmytheAntti NiemiSan Jose
VezinaPekka RinneNashville
Frank J. SelkePavel DatsyukDetroit
Maurice RichardSteven StamkosTampa Bay
Lady ByngZach PariseMinnesota
William M. JenningsHenrik LundqvistNY Rangers

Last edited by The Right Price: 10-18-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old
10-18-2013, 02:30 PM
dyzfunctioned

Quote:
Yeah, the low faceoff rating is annoying, I just couldn't keep that going any longer. team was in a huge rut, defense wasnt that good and the offense I though would be there wasn't. I chose to deal away Stammer b/c the contract I signed him to was 4 years 10.5 million, and that was the cheapest I could get it. He turned around and didn't even break 70 points. My team is much more complete now, just something to think about if you decide to make a move, Stammer asks for an insane contract.
I think the contracts are affected somewhat by performance.

I managed to sign Kane to a very reasonable deal - 7 years at $6.2M. In other BAGM's I've done I've seen him hit FA and ask for $9M+

Old
10-18-2013, 02:38 PM
sully61
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully61 View Post
2013-2014 Detroit Red Wings Season Preview
September 30, 2013

With the 2013-14 season starting this week, here is the Detroit Red Wings season preview article. With a couple big changes coming to the organization, we'll start from the top. Ken Holland steps down as General Manager and goes to Assistant General Manager. His replacement is the unknown GM Sully. We haven't contacted him, but Ken Holland said "He likes young talent, but also recognizes the value in veterans, I don't think much will change in the long term with him here". Then in the off-season while Holland was still GM he signed Daniel Alfredsson to a 1 year contract at $5.5M and Stephen Weiss to a 5 year contract at $4.9M a year. On September 13th when Sully took over, he made a couple moves sending Cleary, Bertuzzi, and Emmerton to the minors to make room for the young guns. Holland expects them to be first call ups incase of long term injuries. Here is their starting line up going into the season.

Detroit Red Wings Roster
Zetterberg (90)- Datsyuk (95)- Franzen (85)
Nyquist (81)- Weiss (84)- Alfredsson (83)
Abdelkader (81)- Helm (84)- Tatar (79)
Miller (80)- Andersson (78)- Tootoo (77)
Eaves (79)

Kronwall (89)- Ericsson (85)
DeKeyser (81)- Kindl (82)
Quincey (83)- Smith (78)
Lashoff (77)

Howard (88)
Gustavsson (75)

Cleary (78)- Jarnkrok (74)- Jurco (74)
Ferraro (74)- Sheahan (74)- Janmark-Nylen (72)
Pulkkinen (68)- Glendening (75)- Frk (66)
Tvrdon (64)- Emmerton (76)- Callahan (68)
Bertuzzi (79)

Ouellet (75)- Sproul (71)
Backman (70)- Marchenko (69)
Almquist (68)- Nedomlel (65)
Nicastro (67)

Mrazek (72)
Coreau (66)

Injuries are on
2013-2014 Detroit Red Wings Season Recap
June 14, 2014

The Detroit Red Wings finished witha 48-29-5 record to finish the season in 5th place in the league. That was good for 2nd in the Atlantic division and they'll face the Florida Panthers (39-29-14) in the first round of the playoffs. The Red Wings finished 220 goals which was 14th and only gave up 190 which was 2nd only to Nashville (187). Their powerplay lead by Datsyuk and Zetterberg finished 6th with a PP% of 18.2%. The penalty kill lead by Darren Helm was 10th in the league at 83.7%. GM Sully had this to say about his team "Losing Datsyuk and Ericsson for a significant amount of games was a huge loss, but this team showed their character by finishing 5th in the league. Leaders like Zetterberg, Kronwall and younger guys such as Nyquist, Tatar, Smith and DeKeyser showed they can play big minutes vs other teams top players. I as well as every Red Wings fan should be real excited for the future of this organization as well as the current team. Let's go win us a Cup now".

NameGPGAP
Henrik Zetterberg79215374
Stephen Weiss81203454
Niklas Kronwall82173653
Johan Franzen81252752
Pavel Datsyuk68153348
Daniel Alfredsson78192948
Gustav Nyquist80192544
Tomas Tatar75121931
Jakub Kindl8282331
Brenden Smith2861824
Darren Helm8291221
Joakim Andersson7611920
Danny DeKeyser7961016
Justin Abdelkader686915
Kyle Quincey5531215
Drew Miller797714
Jordin Tootoo824913
Jonathan Ericsson574812
Patrick Eaves57358
Brian Lashoff50527
Xavier Ouellet7000

NameGPWLOTLGAASV%
Jimmy Howard69402512.30.923
Jonas Gustavsson178401.89.932

Round 1 vs Florida Panthers (39-29-14)
Game 1: 2-5 L
Game 2: 2-1 W
Game 3: 2-5 L
Game 4: 2-1 W
Game 5: 3-2 W
Game 6: 5-0 W

Leaders
Goals: Datsyuk (5), Weiss (4)
Assists: Kronwall (5), Alfredsson (4), Nyquist (4)
Points: Datsyuk (8), Kronwall (5), Alfredsson (5), Nyquist (5)

Round 2 vs Tampa Bay Lightning (50-24-8)
Game 1: 1-3 L
Game 2: 2-1 W
Game 3: 5-3 W
Game 4: 1-4 L
Game 5: 2-1 W
Game 6: 2-1 W

Leaders
Goals: Datsyuk (7), Weiss (4)
Assists: Datsyuk (8), Zetterberg (7), Kronwall (6)

Round 3 vs Carolina Hurricanes (45-33-4)
Game 1: 4-1 W
Game 2: 3-0 W
Game 3: 5-2 W
Game 4: 4-1 W

Leaders
Goals: Datsyuk (7), Weiss (6), Zetterberg (5)
Assists: Datsyuk (12), Zetterberg (10), Nyquist (9)

Round 4 vs Chicago Blackhawks (51-29-2)
Game 1: 5-2 W
Game 2: 0-1 L
Game 3: 5-2 W
Game 4: 1-2 L
Game 5: 0-4 L
Game 6: 3-0 W
Game 7: 3-4 L (Overtime)

GM Sully's response to the game and series, "It was a helluva series and game. We were afraid we would lose our rivalry with Chicago going to the Eastern Conference, but man it may have just sparked it up a bit with these finals. Even though we'll only play them twice a year, those two games will be just like the overtime tonight." When asked about what happened on the goal, "Ouellet the 20 year old who we needed to call up because of injuries, missed a poke check and Saad got around him and shot the puck on net and the rebound went right to Toews stick and he buried it. It wasn't Ouellet's fault, it was no ones fault, just a good bounce for Chicago."

are the 2014 Stanley Cup Champions

If you actually read this, let me know what you like or didn't like and what you'd like to see me add and/or remove. I do these because they're fun and I like reading others so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Old
10-18-2013, 03:54 PM
Screeech

"Firesale"

"4 young promising players were sent to Calgary at the expense of some veterans"

CALGARY, AB -- Early this morning, every single player on the Flames were told to have there bagged and ready because nothing was untouchable. 4 of the biggest trades ever made all happen today, 5 teams all had their futures spun in a different direction. the first trade was huge... but not the biggest. The corner stone of the Winnipeg Jets, Zach Bogosian was traded to the Calgary flames for Mike Cammalleri, Nik Antropov, and a 2nd round pick. The second trade... was likely one of the most biggest trades of all-time. Gabe Landeskog, the 19 year old captain of the Colorado Avalanche was shipped to Calgary for Mark Giordano and 29 year old sniper David Jones. The third big trade of the day was a deal that sent the struggling Brayden Schenn who has put up just 25 points to the Flames for Curtis Glencross and Dennis Wideman. And last but not least, the fourth trade was a huge one. Oliver Ekman-Larsson, at just 22 years old was traded to the Flames that sent the Flames leading goal scorer Jiri Hudler and 19 year old american prospect Pat Sieloff to the Coyotes. When asked about the trades, GM Screeech had this to say "My goal when I came to Calgary was to make this team absoutley unstoppable, and I think we took a huge leap towards that goal". we asked him why he targeted these players he said "The strength and leadership that Gabe and Zach bring is not easy to find, so when you find you gotta snatch it up; Brayden's defensive game is outstanding and he fits our mold; Oliver has a special kind of talent that you don't see that often in a defenseman so he was a must have". Here are the complete transactions:

Zach Bogosian (86 OVR, 23 YO, 4 1/2, TWD)
WPG 1st round pick (2014)

Mike Cammalleri (87 OVR, 28 YO, SNP)
Nik Antrpov (82 OVR, 33 YO, PLY)

Gabe Landeskog (85 OVR, 19 YO, 4 1/2, PWF)
Joey Hishon (67 OVR, 22 YO, 3 1/2, PLY)

Mark Giordano (85 OVR, 30 YO, OFD)
David Jones (82 OVR, 28 YO, SNP)

Brayden Schenn (82 OVR, 22 YO, 4 1/2, TWF)
Max Talbot (81 OVR, 29 YO, GRN)

Curtis Glencross (84 OVR, 31 YO, TWF)
Dennis Wideman (82 OVR, 30 YO, OFD)

Oliver Ekman-Larsson (82 OVR, 22 YO, 4 1/2, OFD)

Jiri Hudler (83 OVR, 30 YO, SNP)
Pat Sieloff (62 OVR, 19 YO, 4, DFD)

2013-14 Calgary Flames Lineup:

G. Landeskog (85) B. Schenn (82) S. Baertschi (79)
T. Galiardi (81) M. Backlund (80) R. Horak (76)
M. Talbot (81) M. Stajan (81) L. Stempniak (82)
P. Byron (72) B. Jones (72) T. Jackman (73)

O. Ekman-Larsson (82) Z. Bogosian (86)
T. Brodie (80) K. Russell (79)
C. Butler (80) R. Gudas (76)

J. MacDonald (73)
K. Ramo (69)

Last edited by Screeech: 10-18-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Old
10-18-2013, 04:10 PM
Screeech

@NHLFlames: Flames sign both Latendresse and Gange at 1 year 1.7m.

Old
10-18-2013, 04:44 PM
FlyingSkate

Quote:
June 14, 2014

If you actually read this, let me know what you like or didn't like and what you'd like to see me add and/or remove. I do these because they're fun and I like reading others so any input would be greatly appreciated.
Geez, Datsyuk's injury didn't hold the team back too much haha. I saw Datsyuk win the Art Ross, in a side GM I was simming through, with something like 107 points and jumped up to 97 overall

I like how you quote the previous post, it makes it easier to remember what happened last because I haven't check the thread in a while.

I also like how different people have different formatting tendencies, it makes it more interesting with more variety.

Old
10-18-2013, 06:54 PM
sully61
Unregistered User

Quote:
June 14, 2014

The Detroit Red Wings finished witha 48-29-5 record to finish the season in 5th place in the league. That was good for 2nd in the Atlantic division and they'll face the Florida Panthers (39-29-14) in the first round of the playoffs. The Red Wings finished 220 goals which was 14th and only gave up 190 which was 2nd only to Nashville (187). Their powerplay lead by Datsyuk and Zetterberg finished 6th with a PP% of 18.2%. The penalty kill lead by Darren Helm was 10th in the league at 83.7%. GM Sully had this to say about his team "Losing Datsyuk and Ericsson for a significant amount of games was a huge loss, but this team showed their character by finishing 5th in the league. Leaders like Zetterberg, Kronwall and younger guys such as Nyquist, Tatar, Smith and DeKeyser showed they can play big minutes vs other teams top players. I as well as every Red Wings fan should be real excited for the future of this organization as well as the current team. Let's go win us a Cup now".

NameGPGAP
Henrik Zetterberg79215374
Stephen Weiss81203454
Niklas Kronwall82173653
Johan Franzen81252752
Pavel Datsyuk68153348
Daniel Alfredsson78192948
Gustav Nyquist80192544
Tomas Tatar75121931
Jakub Kindl8282331
Brenden Smith2861824
Darren Helm8291221
Joakim Andersson7611920
Danny DeKeyser7961016
Justin Abdelkader686915
Kyle Quincey5531215
Drew Miller797714
Jordin Tootoo824913
Jonathan Ericsson574812
Patrick Eaves57358
Brian Lashoff50527
Xavier Ouellet7000

NameGPWLOTLGAASV%
Jimmy Howard69402512.30.923
Jonas Gustavsson178401.89.932
2014-2015 Detroit Red Wings Season Preview
September 29, 2014

After a disappointing loss to the Chicago Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup finals, the Red Wings are back. After just one season in Detroit, Daniel Alfredsson decided to hang the skates up and retire. To replace him, the Red Wings went out and signed Ales Hemsky to a 2 year $3.8M contract and Benoit Pouliot to a 1 year $2.7M contact. GM Sully is hoping Pouliot can help the third line click a bit and if needed potentially use him on the power play if it struggles. Besides those to free agent signings, the team also promoted Luke Glendening to the team. He'll start off in the press box, but as always injuries come so he'll get his chance. GM Sully had this to say about his team and their chances, "I'm real excited with our team. We kept the core and should be better. Our young players are better now and should be able to play bigger roles and depth is even better than last year. We have several players in Grand Rapids that could play in the NHL this year. I think we have the team to win a Stanley Cup this year".

Detroit Red Wings Roster
Zetterberg (90)- Datsyuk (94)- Franzen (85)
Nyquist (86)- Weiss (84)- Hemsky (83)
Pouliot (81)- Helm (84)- Tatar (80)
Abdelkader (79)- Andersson (77)- Tootoo (77)
Miller (79)- Glendening (77)

Kronwall (89)- Kindl (82)
DeKeyser (81)- Ericsson (83)
Quincey (83)- Smith (79)
Lashoff (77)

Howard (88)
Gustavsson (75)

Ferraro (76)- Jarnkrok (76)- Jurco (76)
Pulkkinen (71)- Sheahan (76)- Janmark-Nylen (74)
Athanasiou (68)- Aubry (69)- Frk (68)
Tvrdon (67)- Mcintyre (69)- Callahan (70)

Ouellet (77)- Sproul (73)
Backman (71)- Marchenko (71)
Almquist (71)- Nedomlel (67)
Nicastro (69)

Mrazek (75)
Coreau (69)
Paterson (61)

EDIT: 20 games into the season we were 10-8-2, and our PP and GF were bad so I decided to sign Mantha to his ELC and play him with Datsyuk and Zetterberg because he had good shooting stats, well that was a mistake as he didn't register a point and went -11 and the team dropped to 13-15-2. I decided I needed to make a trade so I traded Jake Paterson and a 2016 1st for Michael Grabner. I actually could of just did Paterson for Grabner, but wanted it a little more realistic so I through in the 1st for next year.

Last edited by sully61: 10-18-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old
10-18-2013, 07:12 PM
ToppsSmith

The Winnipeg Jets are proud to announce the hiring of new GM Neil Cameron. Neil comes to us from the UK where he managed the hockey team Hull Pelicans to championships 5 years running.

Just before the draft GM Cameron was upset at how the Jets haven't made the playoffs since they moved back to Winnipeg, and was determined to make some changes.

Draft day GM Cameron made 2 trades. The first one was

Ollie Jokinen retaining 2.000 in salary to the Flames for Calgary's 2nd round pick in the 2014 draft.

The second was Al Montoya, and Devin Setoguchi to the NY Islanders for their 2014 2nd round pick.

When asked about the trade's GM Cameron had this to say.

"Ollie really was good for our team, but to play a 4th line roll at 4.500 was just to much for us to keep on. As for Devin and Al it was the Islanders who asked for this deal, and I felt good about it looking at the 2014 draft class."

Here is the list of players the Jets drafted
Round 1

(13) Jaimen Yakubowski

Round 2
(43) Brady Brassart
(60) Curtis Valk

Round 3
(73) Miles Koules
(90) Malte Stromwall

Round 4
(103) Cody Sylvester

Round 5
(133)
Colin Suellentop

Round 6
(163) Gilbert Gabor

Round 7
(189) Colin MacDonald

With the draft over GM Cameron was busy in the offseason resigning talent. Resigned is

Will O'Neil
Jason Gregoire
Maxime Macenaver
Tomas Kubalik
Kendall McFaull
Michael Hutchinson

With that finished it brought on July 1st and GM Cameron wasn't as busy as thought but still picked up a few guys. Players signed were:

Leland Irving 2 yrs 1.050
Topps Smith 2 yrs 1.000

With the Jets going 3-3 in the preseason they are looking to opening night in Edmonton. To start the season the lineup will look like this.

E.Kane B.Little M.Frolik
A.Ladd T.Smith B.Wheeler
E.Tangradi M.Scheifele M.Halischuck
A.Gordon J.Slater C.Thornburn
Z.Bogosian D.Byfuglien
T.Enstrom M.Stuart
G.Clitsome P.Postma
O.Pavelec
L.Irving

Scraches
J.Halpern
A.Pardy

Good luck to the boys, and I will update you as the season progresses

Old
10-18-2013, 09:38 PM
agentremax

Wow I just sim few season and when I looked at the top scorer there was Drouin 138 Pts, Stamkos 134 and Erne 125..Insane ahhaha

Old
10-19-2013, 05:07 PM
Deku
ENGLANDISMYCITY

vCash: 4000
Drafted a defenseman named Andrew Andrews first overall yesterday

Old
10-20-2013, 12:27 PM
Monabae
a n g e r y

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screeeeech View Post

"Firesale"

"4 young promising players were sent to Calgary at the expense of some veterans"

CALGARY, AB -- Early this morning, every single player on the Flames were told to have there bagged and ready because nothing was untouchable. 4 of the biggest trades ever made all happen today, 5 teams all had their futures spun in a different direction. the first trade was huge... but not the biggest. The corner stone of the Winnipeg Jets, Zach Bogosian was traded to the Calgary flames for Mike Cammalleri, Nik Antropov, and a 2nd round pick. The second trade... was likely one of the most biggest trades of all-time. Gabe Landeskog, the 19 year old captain of the Colorado Avalanche was shipped to Calgary for Mark Giordano and 29 year old sniper David Jones. The third big trade of the day was a deal that sent the struggling Brayden Schenn who has put up just 25 points to the Flames for Curtis Glencross and Dennis Wideman. And last but not least, the fourth trade was a huge one. Oliver Ekman-Larsson, at just 22 years old was traded to the Flames that sent the Flames leading goal scorer Jiri Hudler and 19 year old american prospect Pat Sieloff to the Coyotes. When asked about the trades, GM Screeech had this to say "My goal when I came to Calgary was to make this team absoutley unstoppable, and I think we took a huge leap towards that goal". we asked him why he targeted these players he said "The strength and leadership that Gabe and Zach bring is not easy to find, so when you find you gotta snatch it up; Brayden's defensive game is outstanding and he fits our mold; Oliver has a special kind of talent that you don't see that often in a defenseman so he was a must have". Here are the complete transactions:

Zach Bogosian (86 OVR, 23 YO, 4 1/2, TWD)
WPG 1st round pick (2014)

Mike Cammalleri (87 OVR, 28 YO, SNP)
Nik Antrpov (82 OVR, 33 YO, PLY)

Gabe Landeskog (85 OVR, 19 YO, 4 1/2, PWF)
Joey Hishon (67 OVR, 22 YO, 3 1/2, PLY)

Mark Giordano (85 OVR, 30 YO, OFD)
David Jones (82 OVR, 28 YO, SNP)

Brayden Schenn (82 OVR, 22 YO, 4 1/2, TWF)
Max Talbot (81 OVR, 29 YO, GRN)

Curtis Glencross (84 OVR, 31 YO, TWF)
Dennis Wideman (82 OVR, 30 YO, OFD)

Oliver Ekman-Larsson (82 OVR, 22 YO, 4 1/2, OFD)

Jiri Hudler (83 OVR, 30 YO, SNP)
Pat Sieloff (62 OVR, 19 YO, 4, DFD)

2013-14 Calgary Flames Lineup:

G. Landeskog (85) B. Schenn (82) S. Baertschi (79)
T. Galiardi (81) M. Backlund (80) R. Horak (76)
M. Talbot (81) M. Stajan (81) L. Stempniak (82)
P. Byron (72) B. Jones (72) T. Jackman (73)

O. Ekman-Larsson (82) Z. Bogosian (86)
T. Brodie (80) K. Russell (79)
C. Butler (80) R. Gudas (76)

J. MacDonald (73)
K. Ramo (69)
And I thought I made big trades in my Calgary GM mode..

Old
10-20-2013, 03:03 PM
ToppsSmith

October is over and GM Cameron and the Winnipeg Jets are 7-6-1. The main core of the roster is still intact, which made me ask GM Cameron what gives, he said when he came here he wanted to shake things up. His response was as follows.

"Its not like I wouldn't want to mix things up, but other NHL teams are directly at the cap making things difficult to get the trigger pulled. However with how the boys have been playing , it's not a big deal. They are playing well and have put us in 1st place in the Central division."

Here is the teams top 10 points getters so far.

1. Andrew Ladd 5G 6A 11 pts
2. Tobias Enstrom 2G 7A 9 pts
3. Eric Tangradi 4G 4A 8 pts
4. Blake Wheeler 3G 5A 8 pts
5.Michael Frolik 3G 4A 7 pts
6 Topps Smith 4G 3A 7 pts
7. Mark Scheifele 4G 3A 7 pts
8. Bryan Little 1G 6A 7 pts
9. Evander Kane 4G 1A 5 pts
10. Matthew Halischuck 1G 4A 5 Pts

Goalie Stats are as follows:

Ondrej Pavelec 6W 5L 1OTL 2.24 GAA 91.40 SV%
Leland Irving 1W 1L 0OTL 2.50 GAA 92.42SV%

We will get back to you on the Jets as we progress through November.

Old
10-20-2013, 05:43 PM
Screeech

@NHLFlames: Flames sign D Hainsey to a to a 2 year contract worth 8.2 million (4.1 per year)

@NHLFlames: Radko Gudas placed on waivers today and claimed by @BlueJacketsNHL

Closed Thread