HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Be A Pro thread

Old
09-13-2013, 04:07 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
My AI teammates love passing the puck in behind our net when we're trying to clear the zone instead of passing it up and out.

DespoticNewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Started this earlier. LW right handed player. Was rated 71 which was odd. Might be because I put myself age which is 20.

Got drafted 1st OVR by the Canadiens.

Shrimper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 06:11 PM
James Franco

vCash: 500
I really like playing for Nashville but its becoming a grind. My line mates do absolutely nothing, I keep getting put on the ice when the other team is working in our zone, and if I don't score 2 or three goals we loose 90 percent of the time. Should I ask for a trade? I am leading the team in goals and points by quite the margin.

James Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 06:32 PM
Erik Alfredsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post
I really only want the trophies because I find this mode boring, but made my guy, played the Memorial Cup while scoring about 6 goals a game and we win with ease. Ended up with something like 26 goals, 10 assists in 4 games.

And just as I expect to get the trophy for being drafted 1st overall - I get picked 3rd??

What the hell? Did the stupid interview process just completely negate everything I did in a matter of two minutes? I wasn't even being a jerk or anything.
Hahaha, same thing happened to me, I was ranked 1st to 3rd and answered the questions as nice and honorable as possible and I droped to 32nd and got drafted by Detroit. I immediately get sent down, didn't even get a chance to play in the pre-season and I said that the organization is run by clowns and they said they're going to trade me, then the game froze and i was forced to start all over again.

This time I made myself an Eric Lindros 6"5 240 sniper and won the memorial cup and got drafted 1st by the Sabres. I got the billboard endorsement and I play every 3rd period on pro. I put hat-ricks every night and broke Gretzkey's record. I lead the NHL in every category except for assists. I have an 100 in Fans an teammates and a 85 in management and a 54 in family.

Does anyone else have trouble getting endorsements? I can't seem to get any.

Erik Alfredsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 01:39 AM
The Viper
Legolas

vCash: 90
Okay uhh wtf? Can someone explain this me, I got a game misconduct for interference, the ****

The Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 02:29 AM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
Okay uhh wtf? Can someone explain this me, I got a game misconduct for interference, the ****
Goon .

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 05:11 AM
lucsamundy

I have played ten full games, a bunch of hits, 16 goals but i cant get a single assist. (BTW im a RW grinder playing on Halifax's first line on all-star)

lucsamundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 06:48 AM
Bullwine85

Got a penalty for interference when I accidentally ran into an opposing player when I was just trying to come off for a line change, thankfully my team killed the penalty

Also, can get assists like crazy, but not as many goals, though my player is getting better enough that the goals are starting to come

Bullwine85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 06:54 AM
Thesaurus
Lyrical Wordsmith

vCash: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
If you injure someone on an interference call you get the boot.

Thesaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 07:09 AM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2616
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
My AI teammates love passing the puck in behind our net when we're trying to clear the zone instead of passing it up and out.
Open lane up the wing? Pass it behind the net or straight to the other team. I thought these were supposed to be NHL players.

CarvinSigX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 08:19 AM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucsamundy View Post
I have played ten full games, a bunch of hits, 16 goals but i cant get a single assist. (BTW im a RW grinder playing on Halifax's first line on all-star)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullwine85 View Post
Also, can get assists like crazy, but not as many goals, though my player is getting better enough that the goals are starting to come
My BAP's stat line right now on All-Star/Superstar:

Quote:
GP 28 G 42 A 25 PTS 67 PIMS 79 +/- 10
I find it more annoying to get assists because I have to rely on my teammates to get goals that I assisted on. Also, it sucks when they go for line changes when chasing the play back into our D zone, so I have a danger of getting a minus when I'm not even in the play yet.

Old
09-14-2013, 08:40 AM
Ghost AsylumX91

Loving Live the Life. Waiting for the first Roster Update when the NHL season starts to begin my GM Mode.

Ghost AsylumX91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 08:42 AM
PookDo

My Pro got sent back to the London Knights. Is that unusual? I'm at an 80 overall an back in the Juniors. Seems weird

PookDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 09:21 AM
Deku Scrub
Stay Strong Murray

vCash: 3900
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
I find it more annoying to get assists because I have to rely on my teammates to get goals that I assisted on.
I get a lot of assists... my teammates do a great job of putting the puck in the net, especially on the rush. Playing on All-Star.

Deku Scrub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 09:31 AM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post
I get a lot of assists... my teammates do a great job of putting the puck in the net, especially on the rush. Playing on All-Star.
My last game I didn't have a problem with assists. Played against the Prince Albert Raiders and beat them 7-3. I had 1G 3A that game.

Old
09-14-2013, 10:48 AM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post
I had a problem scoring goals in the beginning but my linemates were filling the back of the net easily. I'm centering the first line on the Sarnia Sting. Now about thirty games in, I'm second in goals and first in assists in the OHL. My two linemates are first and third respectively.

So me and my two linemates have first second and third in scoring, goals, and assists in the OHL. Oh yeah and I have 186 hits in 30 games and the next closest guy is Tom Wilson with 84.

Isles Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 01:04 PM
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Alfredsson View Post
Hahaha, same thing happened to me, I was ranked 1st to 3rd and answered the questions as nice and honorable as possible and I droped to 32nd and got drafted by Detroit. I immediately get sent down, didn't even get a chance to play in the pre-season and I said that the organization is run by clowns and they said they're going to trade me, then the game froze and i was forced to start all over again.

This time I made myself an Eric Lindros 6"5 240 sniper and won the memorial cup and got drafted 1st by the Sabres. I got the billboard endorsement and I play every 3rd period on pro. I put hat-ricks every night and broke Gretzkey's record. I lead the NHL in every category except for assists. I have an 100 in Fans an teammates and a 85 in management and a 54 in family.

Does anyone else have trouble getting endorsements? I can't seem to get any.
I'm on the cover of an Easports NHL game and received 1m
Everything is at 100 except for my family which is at 71

Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 01:54 PM
Travis093
Travis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I'm on the cover of an Easports NHL game and received 1m
Everything is at 100 except for my family which is at 71
Does anyone know if the money in the game does anything?

Travis093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 02:31 PM
ManyIdeas

vCash: 1152
Board play still sucks.

ManyIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 03:45 PM
nonriotingcanucksfan

Really don't understand half of the penalties called in the games. I got Ron Hextall'd behind the net and got called for goaltender interference ....wtf.

"You can't be taking bad penalties out there"

nonriotingcanucksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 04:58 PM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonriotingcanucksfan View Post
Really don't understand half of the penalties called in the games. I got Ron Hextall'd behind the net and got called for goaltender interference ....wtf.

"You can't be taking bad penalties out there"
An opposing player trapped me between himself and his goal, and the goalie came over and touched me. Bam, 2 minutes for goaltender interference. I was pissed.

Old
09-14-2013, 06:03 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Scored a hat-trick in my second pre-season game. Although two were by the CPU during simming. Third was in OT, a wrist shot from the half-boards hit Lindback's glove and went in.

Shrimper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 06:25 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 336
I seem to go on slumps, I'll play a game or two where I score around 4 goals a game and than a few where I can't buy a goal if my life depended on it.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 09:03 PM
Bullwine85

Whenever we go to a shootout, it's the same result. My player scores, but the rest of my team loses the shootout. Every. Time.

Bullwine85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 10:15 PM
TheRealDeal18871

I was going to start my BAP career at the NHL draft but decided to start in the minors to build my players attributes. My player is a power forward left winger and surprisingly I started at a 71 overall to begin for the Calgary Hitmen. I have no problem scoring goals through my teams first 7 games, however I'm getting annoyed with the fighting every time I throw a check.

Don't get me wrong, I like the new fighting system but through 7 games I have been in 8 fights(3 in the same game), all of which have come by simply throwing checks. I've won all the fights but it seems like it's too much.

TheRealDeal18871 is offline   Reply With Quote