HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-14 Training Camp Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-18-2013, 11:37 AM
  #926
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I would rather they keep an offensive player like Thomas or St-Pierre to do spot duty in the top six instead of bumping up Prust and keeping Blunden...but yeah that's probably what our opening day lineup will look like. Likely with Murray in over Tinordi, if he's healthy.
Gionta is practicing like a red shirt. You have to think he'll be back soon.

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
09-18-2013, 11:38 AM
  #927
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,526
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Gionta is practicing like a red shirt. You have to think he'll be back soon.
Agreed, I just meant that more as, "in case Gionta isn't ready".

hototogisu is offline  
Old
09-18-2013, 11:44 AM
  #928
PyrettaBlaze
Registered User
 
PyrettaBlaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,342
vCash: 500
Reason why Leblanc was cut so early:

@JohnLuTSNMtl:
#Habs Therrien on Leblanc early demotion: "We know LL. We need to learn about other guys (potential)." Cites Collberg, Thomas and McCarron.

Yeah.. smells ******** to me.

PyrettaBlaze is online now  
Old
09-18-2013, 11:46 AM
  #929
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 34,228
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Reason why Leblanc was cut so early:

@JohnLuTSNMtl:
#Habs Therrien on Leblanc early demotion: "We know LL. We need to learn about other guys (potential)." Cites Collberg, Thomas and McCarron.

Yeah.. smells ******** to me.
I don't think the coaching and management staff are high on him and who know's, when asked by Bergevin Timmins probably said he wasn't my pick!!

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
09-18-2013, 11:49 AM
  #930
belko
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Gionta is practicing like a red shirt. You have to think he'll be back soon.
Uh oh, that usually means he's going to get offed soon

belko is offline  
Old
09-18-2013, 11:50 AM
  #931
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,991
vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Reason why Leblanc was cut so early:

@JohnLuTSNMtl:
#Habs Therrien on Leblanc early demotion: "We know LL. We need to learn about other guys (potential)." Cites Collberg, Thomas and McCarron.

Yeah.. smells ******** to me.
LL - "Hi coach, can you tell me why I was cut?"
MT - "We know you already."
LL - "...okay"

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
09-18-2013, 11:51 AM
  #932
Draft
Registered User
 
Draft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,603
vCash: 500
If I could have had one training camp wish....

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Leblanc
Bourque-Eller-Gallagher
Bournival-Plekanec-Briere
Fournier-White-Prust

Tinordi-Subban
Markov-Diaz
Beaulieu-Gorges
(Murray)

Price
Fucale

And if I have lines of prospects that I think could be serious pains to play against....

Bournival-Dumont-Leblanc
De La Rose-Eller-McCarron

Draft is offline  
Old
09-18-2013, 11:53 AM
  #933
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,526
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Reason why Leblanc was cut so early:

@JohnLuTSNMtl:
#Habs Therrien on Leblanc early demotion: "We know LL. We need to learn about other guys (potential)." Cites Collberg, Thomas and McCarron.

Yeah.. smells ******** to me.
It's not as fantastic as imagining a world where there's a deep-seeded conspiracy against Leblanc, but it's 1) entirely reasonable and 2) entirely likely.

Which means, of course, that this board will reject it out-of-hand in the pursuit of something more tantalizing...

hototogisu is offline  
Old
09-18-2013, 11:54 AM
  #934
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 20,478
vCash: 500
My biggest issue so far at camp, has not been the Leblanc demotion...which frankly, has caused all kinds of commotion for what is just a routine move.

My biggest issue is the fact that the coaching staff sees Francis Bouillon as an automatic in the Top 6.

Can anyone seriously tell me that Bouillon is any better than Tinordi at this point?

Bouillon/Murray/Drewiskie and to a lesser extent Pateryn/Nygren should be fighting it out to play the RD position next to Tinordi.

417 is offline  
Old
09-18-2013, 11:56 AM
  #935
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
LL - "Hi coach, can you tell me why I was cut?"
MT - "We know you already."
LL - "...okay"
Leblanc might need a mask to be ingonito next training camp!


Hannibal is offline  
Old
09-18-2013, 11:57 AM
  #936
Draft
Registered User
 
Draft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Reason why Leblanc was cut so early:

@JohnLuTSNMtl:
#Habs Therrien on Leblanc early demotion: "We know LL. We need to learn about other guys (potential)." Cites Collberg, Thomas and McCarron.

Yeah.. smells ******** to me.
Doesn't smell like anything to me. Leblanc has been in the organization for a long time and if he's shown that he's back to his old self, let him carry on with his plan to play and improve in Hamilton.

Thomas and McCarron are brand-spanking new, high-level prospects, and Collberg has never been to camp, has been playing in Sweden, has been injured for most of camp, and is considering playing in NA.

Absolutely reasonable. This isn't the Leblanc show, there are several other prospects that they need to see play as well as they need to start putting together the team for the regular season.

Draft is offline  
Old
09-18-2013, 11:57 AM
  #937
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 34,228
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
My biggest issue so far at camp, has not been the Leblanc demotion...which frankly, has caused all kinds of commotion for what is just a routine move.

My biggest issue is the fact that the coaching staff sees Francis Bouillon as an automatic in the Top 6.

Can anyone seriously tell me that Bouillon is any better than Tinordi at this point?

Bouillon/Murray/Drewiskie and to a lesser extent Pateryn/Nygren should be fighting it out to play the RD position next to Tinordi.
I don't understand why Bergy inked Bouillon to an extension last year especially the way Tinordi was already playing for us. Glad he wasn't crazy and gave him 2-3 years. 1 year we can deal with it and it's going to be easier at some point during the season for the coaching staff to realize he shouldn't be in the top 6 and be left aside. Unless of a trade of course before the start of the season

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
09-18-2013, 12:00 PM
  #938
Rosso Scuderia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Reason why Leblanc was cut so early:

@JohnLuTSNMtl:
#Habs Therrien on Leblanc early demotion: "We know LL. We need to learn about other guys (potential)." Cites Collberg, Thomas and McCarron.

Yeah.. smells ******** to me.
If that is the excuse, I'd agree with Wozniak. Worst excuse ever.

I'm no fan of Leblanc but he played well enough to deserve to stay. He had something to prove after a difficult year.

Rosso Scuderia is offline  
Old
09-18-2013, 12:02 PM
  #939
FazChenyuk
Registered User
 
FazChenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
I am glad we got Thomas because I feel there is still a hole in our top 6 and often, we promote Prust to play in our Top 6. I know Thomas hasn't looked impressive as of yet but I have high hopes for him.

FazChenyuk is offline  
Old
09-18-2013, 12:03 PM
  #940
dunner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I don't understand why Bergy inked Bouillon to an extension last year especially the way Tinordi was already playing for us. Glad he wasn't crazy and gave him 2-3 years. 1 year we can deal with it and it's going to be easier at some point during the season for the coaching staff to realize he shouldn't be in the top 6 and be left aside. Unless of a trade of course before the start of the season
Disagree. Tinordi still has more learning to do, also if a Dman gets hurt and you need someone else to jump in you don't want it to be another rook. I actually don't understand anyones hate for Bouillon he is a very serviceable bottom pair D don't ask or expect more.

dunner is offline  
Old
09-18-2013, 12:03 PM
  #941
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,181
vCash: 500
Seems to make more sense than being purely about performance...Holland is one that's a head scratcher though...

Luc Gelinas ‏@LucGelinasRDS 15m Therrien "On a coupé Leblanc tôt car on le connaît déjà et on veut évaluer les autres, comme Collberg, Thomas ou McCarron.". #CH #RDS

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
09-18-2013, 12:04 PM
  #942
Dagistitsyn
Registered User
 
Dagistitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FazChenyuk View Post
I am glad we got Thomas because I feel there is still a hole in our top 6 and often, we promote Prust to play in our Top 6. I know Thomas hasn't looked impressive as of yet but I have high hopes for him.
Kristo would have looked good in there too

Dagistitsyn is offline  
Old
09-18-2013, 12:04 PM
  #943
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 20,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I don't understand why Bergy inked Bouillon to an extension last year especially the way Tinordi was already playing for us. Glad he wasn't crazy and gave him 2-3 years. 1 year we can deal with it and it's going to be easier at some point during the season for the coaching staff to realize he shouldn't be in the top 6 and be left aside. Unless of a trade of course before the start of the season
Beats me to be honest...don't understand this organization's obsession with such a mediocre (and i'm being nice here) player.

There's absolutely no reason why Bouillon should have a spot in the top 6 wrapped up ahead of Tinordi IMO.

This organization has 3 dmen prospects who are on the verge of graduating to the NHL, Tinordi, Pateryn and Beaulieu.

While they've got quite a few veterans playing on the last year of their deals, so obviously, there's going to be quite some turnover next year.

I'm not sure phasing in 3 players (Tinordi, Pateryn, Beaulieu) all at the same time next year makes all that much sense.

Out of those 3, Tinordi or Pateryn seem the most ready...I would like to see one of them phased in right away, so the transition isn't as difficult over the next year or so.

417 is offline  
Old
09-18-2013, 12:06 PM
  #944
WhiskeySeven
Bustchenyuk
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 18,091
vCash: 500
I really don't think there's much to be alarmed about regarding Leblanc.

The roster is pretty much set with one-way contracts, and if Gionta's ready to play (poorly, like always) then there's definitely no room for anyone new.

They know what Leblanc can do and hopefully he's the first call-up - they don't know what Kris--Thomas can do, or the other players. That's the point. Aside from Tinordi or a 4th liner I don't expect we'll see much rookie activity. Galchenyuk and Gallagher made their jump last year and now we're kinda maxed out until Gionta, Desharnais and Briere depart.

And yes, the extensions to Desharnais and Bouillon should raise questions and ring alarm bells: this organization, this GM are no different than the last one. They favour mediocre, French players with a "play-it-safe" management approach just like the previous organization. I'm all for more French players or more Canadian players in general, in fact I support that concept. But not at the risk of getting INFERIOR players, the implications of Bergevin's arrogance are mind-blowing right now.

WhiskeySeven is online now  
Old
09-18-2013, 12:06 PM
  #945
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by belko View Post
Blunden is a good, honest, hard-working player, he just doesn't have the skill-set to take a regular role in the NHL. You can't fault him for lack of effort, though. I wish more of our line-up had his motor, though definitely not his hands.
I agree, I don't want 20 Blundens but I can see the use of having a guy like him or two. Not sure how you can "hate" a guy like that, obviously if he is playing top 9 I'd want a more skilled options, as a 4th liner he is fine.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
09-18-2013, 12:09 PM
  #946
dunner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Beats me to be honest...don't understand this organization's obsession with such a mediocre (and i'm being nice here) player.

There's absolutely no reason why Bouillon should have a spot in the top 6 wrapped up ahead of Tinordi IMO.

This organization has 3 dmen prospects who are on the verge of graduating to the NHL, Tinordi, Pateryn and Beaulieu.

While they've got quite a few veterans playing on the last year of their deals, so obviously, there's going to be quite some turnover next year.

I'm not sure phasing in 3 players (Tinordi, Pateryn, Beaulieu) all at the same time next year makes all that much sense.

Out of those 3, Tinordi or Pateryn seem the most ready...I would like to see one of them phased in right away, so the transition isn't as difficult over the next year or so.
I'll give a simple answer - Teams play to win not to build for the future if Therrien/Bergevin believe Bouillion gives them a better chance to win now then he will be in the lineup. When Tinordi proves he absolutley should be in the lineup I guarantee that he will be there. That time has not come yet but will soon. Honestly it was only 1 preseason game but Pateryn to me showed me maybe the next spot belongs to him.

dunner is offline  
Old
09-18-2013, 12:09 PM
  #947
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunner View Post
Disagree. Tinordi still has more learning to do, also if a Dman gets hurt and you need someone else to jump in you don't want it to be another rook. I actually don't understand anyones hate for Bouillon he is a very serviceable bottom pair D don't ask or expect more.
Yep, and if you don't think Tinordi still has a lot of learning to do go see the play he made at the blue line on Johnson's goal against Boston. You don't see vets like Bouillon making that play. Subban used to do that all the time, he now has the experience to avoid it.

Nothing against Tinordi, I think he'll turn out to be a really good defenseman, but still very raw.

Bouillon's season last year was incredible for a guy his age and he helped tons. Glad he's back.

Jigger77 is offline  
Old
09-18-2013, 12:09 PM
  #948
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 20,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunner View Post
Disagree. Tinordi still has more learning to do, also if a Dman gets hurt and you need someone else to jump in you don't want it to be another rook. I actually don't understand anyones hate for Bouillon he is a very serviceable bottom pair D don't ask or expect more.
Yes, he is a serviceable bottom pairing Dman...but his spot in the lineup shouldn't be secure.

I think it makes way more sense to put up with the growing pains of Tinordi or Pateryn this year...as opposed to playing Bouillon and having to try to incorporate both of them later in the year or next year.

Team has very little invested in Bouillon...while guys like Tinordi, Pateryn and Beaulie are supposed to be part of this teams future going forward.

417 is offline  
Old
09-18-2013, 12:10 PM
  #949
AntonCH
Registered User
 
AntonCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
If that is the excuse, I'd agree with Wozniak. Worst excuse ever.

I'm no fan of Leblanc but he played well enough to deserve to stay. He had something to prove after a difficult year.
You're absolutely right, let him prove it in Hamilton.
Last year was a bad year for him, so let him prove himself at the level he belongs.
One pre-season game more or less proves nothing, leblanc has to show it over the long haul

AntonCH is offline  
Old
09-18-2013, 12:12 PM
  #950
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 20,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunner View Post
I'll give a simple answer - Teams play to win not to build for the future if Therrien/Bergevin believe Bouillion gives them a better chance to win now then he will be in the lineup. When Tinordi proves he absolutley should be in the lineup I guarantee that he will be there. That time has not come yet but will soon. Honestly it was only 1 preseason game but Pateryn to me showed me maybe the next spot belongs to him.
Pateryn/Tinordi at this point, at least to me...and granted, i'm obviously not making the decision. Are better dmen, or at the very least, as good as Bouillon at this point.

Bouillon is not a PP guy, he shouldn't be playing on the PK either...so at the end of the day, he's just a 3rd pairing dman who's going to be playing 15-18 mins a game against soft competition.

You think he'd be better at that role than Pateryn or Tinordi?

417 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.