HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

2014 NHL Mock Draft

Old
09-09-2013, 09:58 PM
spfan

vCash: 500
2014 NHL Mock Draft

1. D Aaron Ekblad
2. F Sam Reinhart
3. F William Nylander
4. F Nick Ritchie
5. F Sam Bennett
6. F Leon Draisaitl
7. F Michael Dal Colle
8. F Jared McCann
9. D Roland McKeown
10. F Ivan Barbashev
11. F Blake Clarke
12. F Jake Virtanen
13. F Spencer Watson
14. F Anton Karlsson
15. F Josh Ho-Sang
16. D Anthony DeAngelo
17. D Brycen Martin
18. D Haydn Fleury
19. F Jakub Vrana
20. F Matthew Mistele
21. F Nikolay Goldobin
22. F Kasperi Kapanen
23. F Oskar Lindblom
24. F Adrian Kempe
25. F Tyson Baillie
26. F Brayden Point
27. F Alexis Pepin
28. F Nick Schmaltz
29. D Adam Ollas Mattsson
30. F Jayce Hawryluk

spfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2013, 12:50 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

^if the Flames end up picking 1st overall, it might be tough not to pick Sam Reinhart. he'd look good on the same team as his brother Max. but....there is the matter of big and talented d-man Aaron Ekblad, he might be tough to pass up as well.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2013, 02:46 PM
sunsoutgunsout
#redacted

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
^if the Flames end up picking 1st overall, it might be tough not to pick Sam Reinhart. he'd look good on the same team as his brother Max. but....there is the matter of big and talented d-man Aaron Ekblad, he might be tough to pass up as well.
I'd be surprised if they didn't take Ekblad. Not that their forward prospects are outstanding, but they're definitely the strength. Their D prospects are horrific, they need Ekblad badly. But hey, we were saying the same about the Avs a few months ago and look what happened.

sunsoutgunsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2013, 09:12 PM
spfan

Quote:
Monahan, Jankowski, Backlund, Stajan. I don't see the center depth issue anymore.

I much prefer Ekblad to Reinhart as well.

Colorado had much worse defense issues than Calgary has center issues and they still went with the better player in MacKinnon over Jones.

Also, I prefer Ekblad to Jones and I'd certainly take MacKinnon over Reinhart.

The forward depth in this draft is amazing none the less though.

Old
09-18-2013, 11:21 PM
Scratchy

A lot depends on who drafts when. Me, no matter what, I want the Leafs to take a scoring, hockey-sense, high compete level forward. They don't like doing that, they pretty much avoid scoring, hockey sense, and compete level at the draft, but one can dream....

I hope to keep eyes on Bennett, McCann, Watson, Mistele, Dal Colle, Ho Sang, Virtanen, Baillie, and Pepin. I can't see them having a shot at any of the top four forwards though.

Just get a true Dave Keon/Doug Gilmour player, a leader who scores.

Scratchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 03:48 PM
Scratchy

Ritchie, McCann, Bennett, Ho-Sang, Reinhart, Dal Colle, Watson, Fabbri, Draisaitl, all off to decent starts, anyone else on the rise? Baillie too it seems.

Scratchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 10:31 PM
spfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchy View Post
Ritchie, McCann, Bennett, Ho-Sang, Reinhart, Dal Colle, Watson, Fabbri, Draisaitl, all off to decent starts, anyone else on the rise? Baillie too it seems.
Ekblad has been playing very well still.
I wouldn't have Watson on the list of players playing that well. I'd like to see more production from him.

Old
10-06-2013, 09:17 AM
static80

Quote:
Buffalo says otherwise on the 1st overall slot
But given Buffalo's last draft selection of 2 d men, I believe they go with a foward with that 1st overall selection. IMO, there is no way any team finish's behind Buffalo, they look that lost and young right now, and once Vanek is moved, I see Buffalo with the 1st overall selection in 2015 as well, hello Connor McDavid

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 05:54 PM
spfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by static80 View Post
But given Buffalo's last draft selection of 2 d men, I believe they go with a foward with that 1st overall selection. IMO, there is no way any team finish's behind Buffalo, they look that lost and young right now, and once Vanek is moved, I see Buffalo with the 1st overall selection in 2015 as well, hello Connor McDavid
BPA at 1st overall though. It may be Reinhart in the end, but if the draft were today, I'd have to have any team, select Ekblad.

Buffalo could, but these teams could as well: Calgary, Colorado, Columbus, Florida, New Jersey and Phoenix in my opinion.

Ekblad and McDavid would be nicer

Old
10-08-2013, 12:06 AM
Teeder9

I agree. I don't think he's better than Jones, but he's better than any other dman drafted in the past couple years. Unless one of these forwards make a move that solidifies them as #1 I don't see how any of the bottom 5 teams with a chance at the first pick doesn't take him regardless of their prospect cupboard. You can never have enough quality dmen

Teeder9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 09:52 AM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
McCann should not be that high, first of all. As a Knights fan who sometimes goes to the Nationals games, I'm not real high on him at all, and he certainly won't go top 10.

You should also move Goldobin up at least 10 spots.

To early to really say much else.

Aela* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 06:09 PM
spfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aela View Post
McCann should not be that high, first of all. As a Knights fan who sometimes goes to the Nationals games, I'm not real high on him at all, and he certainly won't go top 10.

You should also move Goldobin up at least 10 spots.

To early to really say much else.
Extremely disagree with that. I'd bet on McCann top 10 for sure and possibly top 5. High IQ, smart two-way player and has a really good shot.

Goldobin is a good offensive player and has a good shot as well, but he lacks other qualities. He's no Yakupov or Galchenyuk.

Old
10-15-2013, 12:42 PM
tjziel

Wouldn't it be awesome if Edmonton got Ekblad with the first overall pick.....haha!
this team would be stacked!! And if their able to trade Hemsky for a first rounder, and get Alex Nedeljkovic. He reminds me a bit of Cory Schneider, and at his peak, Jonathan Quick. He's just 6'0, but he's very agile, quick and flexible. Also, he will be someone to push for the starters job from Devon Dubnyk. Here's what the Oilers lineup could be like in two years.

Hall - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle
Perron - Gagner - Yakapov
Smyth - Gordon - Joensuu
Gazdic - Lander - Brown
MacIntyre/Acobello

Ekblad - J. Schultz
Nurse - Klefbom
Gernat - Marancin
Musil/Belov

Nedelkjovic
Dubnyk

Looks like a stacked team, and get this, their defense corps would all be over 6'2. That's huge!! Teams would not want to face Edmonton's huge defense. Not to mention their offense, and they'll have a great goalie.

tjziel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 01:13 AM
ScottStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by spfan View Post
1. D Aaron Ekblad
2. F Sam Reinhart
3. F William Nylander
4. F Nick Ritchie
5. F Sam Bennett
6. F Leon Draisaitl
7. F Michael Dal Colle
8. F Jared McCann
9. D Roland McKeown
10. F Ivan Barbashev
11. F Blake Clarke
12. F Jake Virtanen
13. F Spencer Watson
14. F Anton Karlsson
15. F Josh Ho-Sang
16. D Anthony DeAngelo
17. D Brycen Martin
18. D Haydn Fleury
19. F Jakub Vrana
20. F Matthew Mistele
21. F Nikolay Goldobin
22. F Kasperi Kapanen
23. F Oskar Lindblom
24. F Adrian Kempe
25. F Tyson Baillie
26. F Brayden Point
27. F Alexis Pepin
28. F Nick Schmaltz
29. D Adam Ollas Mattsson
30. F Jayce Hawryluk
I agree with a lot of this here, but HAVE to disagree with Vrana, should be top 4. I think Clarke will go around 15-22 though, and Ho-Sang will be the highly picked surprise that turns into a bust at #8

ScottStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 06:36 AM
spfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStevens View Post
I agree with a lot of this here, but HAVE to disagree with Vrana, should be top 4. I think Clarke will go around 15-22 though, and Ho-Sang will be the highly picked surprise that turns into a bust at #8
Clarke is falling now and so is Vrana. Both have been struggling so far.

Ho-Sang is a definite x-factor, for sure.

Old
10-20-2013, 08:41 AM
MrYoungblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjziel View Post
Wouldn't it be awesome if Edmonton got Ekblad with the first overall pick.....haha!
this team would be stacked!! And if their able to trade Hemsky for a first rounder, and get Alex Nedeljkovic. He reminds me a bit of Cory Schneider, and at his peak, Jonathan Quick. He's just 6'0, but he's very agile, quick and flexible. Also, he will be someone to push for the starters job from Devon Dubnyk. Here's what the Oilers lineup could be like in two years.

Hall - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle
Perron - Gagner - Yakapov
Smyth - Gordon - Joensuu
Gazdic - Lander - Brown
MacIntyre/Acobello

Ekblad - J. Schultz
Nurse - Klefbom
Gernat - Marancin
Musil/Belov

Nedelkjovic
Dubnyk

Looks like a stacked team, and get this, their defense corps would all be over 6'2. That's huge!! Teams would not want to face Edmonton's huge defense. Not to mention their offense, and they'll have a great goalie.
Jesus... in maybe a few years all you said would be correct. Great young team, but if you're thinking Nedelkjovic will be a starter at 18...you're dreaming

MrYoungblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:09 PM
czechcanadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStevens View Post
Totally agree with you that Vrana should be higher. Not 4th cause of his inconsistency but top 10 for sure. Super fast skater and incredible hands. Clarke will be a late round pick indeed.. unless he really ups his game. Also believe that David Pastrnak should be included in this list.

czechcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 01:22 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by static80 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfan View Post
BPA at 1st overall though. It may be Reinhart in the end, but if the draft were today, I'd have to have any team, select Ekblad.

Buffalo could, but these teams could as well: Calgary, Colorado, Columbus, Florida, New Jersey and Phoenix in my opinion.

Ekblad and McDavid would be nicer
Buffalo is the worst team in the NHL right now, and if they were to draft #1 overall this year, if I were GM, i'd take Ekblad and here's why. Ristolainen, Zadorov, Pysyk, Jake McCabe, McNabb....all give the Sabres some great future depth for their NHL roster, but I don't think any of these guys would produce NHL points like Ekblad will, and if the Sabres played their cards right, they could have a top d-man in Ekblad and suck enough to get an apparent generational talent in Connor McDavid 1st overall the next year in 2015.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote