HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Spengler Cup

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-14-2013, 04:04 PM
  #1
Kinjero
Friends... for-ev-er
 
Kinjero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,127
vCash: 500
Spengler Cup

I love this tournament. Very cool to see the AHL represented this year. I assume the Amerks were invited because they've gone before? Anyone word if it will be televised over here?

Kinjero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 02:16 AM
  #2
v-man
Registered User
 
v-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinjero View Post
I love this tournament. Very cool to see the AHL represented this year. I assume the Amerks were invited because they've gone before? Anyone word if it will be televised over here?
TSN usually has it, so I don't see why this year would be any different.

v-man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 02:53 PM
  #3
Kinjero
Friends... for-ev-er
 
Kinjero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,127
vCash: 500
That's good. I know with it being an Olympic year there will be less attention, but that's what I'm hoping. When do they normally release the roster?

Kinjero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 03:07 PM
  #4
yukoner88
Registered User
 
yukoner88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Dawson City, YT
Posts: 3,065
vCash: 350
I love this tournie aswell, the biggest hit I've ever seen was delivered there one year. It was a game with team canada (might've been the same year that cujo went, can't remember for sure though). A player from the opposing team was all alone in front of Canada's net and decided he was going to fire a slap shot. A Canadian player rushed down from the top of the circles and layed such a punishing hit. The shooter was knocked right out lol. I've tried to find a youtube video for years but to no avail

yukoner88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 08:13 PM
  #5
zeropotentate
Registered User
 
zeropotentate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 331
vCash: 500
Spengler Cup is one of my favourite tournaments now. Good for Rochester to participate. It will be fun to watch this year

zeropotentate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 01:46 AM
  #6
Kinjero
Friends... for-ev-er
 
Kinjero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoner88 View Post
I love this tournie aswell, the biggest hit I've ever seen was delivered there one year. It was a game with team canada (might've been the same year that cujo went, can't remember for sure though). A player from the opposing team was all alone in front of Canada's net and decided he was going to fire a slap shot. A Canadian player rushed down from the top of the circles and layed such a punishing hit. The shooter was knocked right out lol. I've tried to find a youtube video for years but to no avail

I wish you would find that.. Would love to see it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by zeropotentate View Post
Spengler Cup is one of my favourite tournaments now. Good for Rochester to participate. It will be fun to watch this year
That's what I was thinking. I would be watching regardless, but to have the AHL Rep'd in there makes it even that much more interesting for me. I'm curious to see how their game translates to the big ice. Should be fun!

Kinjero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 03:16 AM
  #7
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Today & The Future
Posts: 5,260
vCash: 500
Wow this is cool! Where can I follow this from the US?

Mory Schneideur* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 03:28 AM
  #8
JoeCool16
Registered User
 
JoeCool16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnyrocket View Post
Wow this is cool! Where can I follow this from the US?
You'll definitely be able to find a stream when the games are on! Just look around here, there'll probably be a link at the time. If you have a HD cable you can probably hook your laptop to your TV and watch it there too.

TSN plays it in Canada sometimes, but often it gets relegated to TSN2 unless Canada is playing. Might be hard to find in the States.

JoeCool16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 02:18 PM
  #9
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Today & The Future
Posts: 5,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCool16 View Post
You'll definitely be able to find a stream when the games are on! Just look around here, there'll probably be a link at the time. If you have a HD cable you can probably hook your laptop to your TV and watch it there too.

TSN plays it in Canada sometimes, but often it gets relegated to TSN2 unless Canada is playing. Might be hard to find in the States.
nice!

Mory Schneideur* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 01:28 AM
  #10
Kinjero
Friends... for-ev-er
 
Kinjero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnyrocket View Post
nice!

Here is the official website in english.

http://www.spenglercup.ch/

Kinjero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.