HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sens 2013-14 Training Camp - All Discussion Here

Old
09-12-2013, 08:02 PM
Ron Jeremy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumperStumper View Post
We need to stop drafting people who weren't born within 90 minute of Ottawa. Especially Europeans, thats way too far
the NHL should implement the territorial rights rule they had/have in the CFL. That would be the great equalizer for Canadian teams.

Ron Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Ron Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
Zibby as a 3rd line centre is the ideal situation imo. He's still a kid. He's still learning the NHL game. Yea, he was great at the end of the season, but he still has a lot to learn. Playing mostly against the other teams bottom pairing Dmen makes it easier to continue learning without a dip in his forward growth.
That same situation helped Kadri a ton. Play him against weaker competition to learn the ropes.

Old
09-12-2013, 08:31 PM
Ron Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
Simpson is awful why do you think he's on radio and not working for Toronto or Washington?.
Just because he sucked as an executive doesn't mean he can have a decent take as a broadcaset. I jean if Mad Mike Millbury can get on HNIC, anything is possible.

Old
09-12-2013, 09:05 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jeremy View Post
Just because he sucked as an executive doesn't mean he can have a decent take as a broadcaset. I jean if Mad Mike Millbury can get on HNIC, anything is possible.
Decent take. Maybe not AS bad as I said but seriously listen to him then watch. I really like him on the radio he has loads of insight but his talent analysis is lacking.

He knows how to give it and sound intelligent but what he says and what happens IRL is totally different.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jeremy View Post
....hey

Mad Mike is fun as hell to listen to.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 09:12 PM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas0 View Post
None of them are televised?! I have hockeystreams, will they show it?
From what I hear, CBC will be televising a few games starting this Saturday. Not just the Sens, of course. I thinkt eh first game is whatever they picked as Hockeywille this year. (Winnipeg-Washington?)

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Lonnie Loach

If JOB is so deeply buried in the doghouse as to line up with the rookies, then why bother inviting him to camp. Seriously. His treatment can't go over well in the room.

Lonnie Loach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 09:50 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie Loach View Post
If JOB is so deeply buried in the doghouse as to line up with the rookies, then why bother inviting him to camp. Seriously. His treatment can't go over well in the room.
That or everyone hates Jim and are in on it

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 10:15 PM
pepty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas0 View Post
None of them are televised?! I have hockeystreams, will they show it?
Some of them are being televised, but the first one against Winnipeg is not.

RDS has the two games with Montreal. and TSN is doing one of the Leaf games. Leafs TV is doing the other one so we'll likely have to watch it on a stream. And Rogers ch 22 is supposed to be doing one of the games against the islanders and the game on Monday against Saskatoon.

That one seems strange because usually they do only the games in Ottawa.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 10:28 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

SO YOU'RE TELLING ME WE'RE GONNA MISS FIRST PRESEASON GAME?

No chance of it being televised or streamed?

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 10:40 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleD View Post
Oh jeez. Karlsson had a bunch of points in a series when JG Pageau was scoring hat tricks. He was beyond awful in the playoffs, and quite obviously shouldn't have been on the ice.
Karlsson still played the most minutes of any players or defender on our team. So while being awful as you put it... the coach still wanted him on the ice. Hindsight is foolish... Karlsson himself said that he gained a lot from playing the end of last season.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 10:41 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Dude, you're overexaggerating. Yes I said overexaggerating. He had 2 bad games. If he was as bad as you say he was, he wouldn't have played 29 min a game.
This...

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 11:18 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Cowen is on the list. I thought he cant be invited while unsigned?
Not sure if someone has already mentioned this, but Cowen can attend camp without signing, it is just an insurance issue.

Last edited by Holdurbreathe: 09-12-2013 at 11:46 PM.
Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 11:45 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Dude, you're overexaggerating. Yes I said overexaggerating. He had 2 bad games. If he was as bad as you say he was, he wouldn't have played 29 min a game.
Karlsson did not play well and his ice time was to a large degree a reflection of the score board. Had the games been close his ice time may have dropped as it did in game 2 in Pitt, where he was a minus 2 in a 4-3 game.

However when a team loses games by 4-1, 7-3, 6-2 any coach is going to play the players that give them the best chance at scoring and play them a lot.

Its really no surprise that Karlsson & Gonchar lead the D in ice time and Turris & Alfie lead the forwards.

It really isn't putting down Karlsson to say he didn't play well, he was another guy that probably shouldn't have even been dressed. I do believe he has said he was only 60%.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 09:54 AM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
Karlsson did not play well and his ice time was to a large degree a reflection of the score board. Had the games been close his ice time may have dropped as it did in game 2 in Pitt, where he was a minus 2 in a 4-3 game.

However when a team loses games by 4-1, 7-3, 6-2 any coach is going to play the players that give them the best chance at scoring and play them a lot.

Its really no surprise that Karlsson & Gonchar lead the D in ice time and Turris & Alfie lead the forwards.

It really isn't putting down Karlsson to say he didn't play well, he was another guy that probably shouldn't have even been dressed. I do believe he has said he was only 60%.
Karlsson didn't play well for Karlsson standards. But he was still the best D overall on the team.

He did a good job on Crosby save for game 2 when Crosby got a hattrick. For the other 4 games, Karlsson did a decent job and if Crosby had any effect it was only on the PP, which Karlsson doesn't play. Crosby was a combined -2 the other 4 games.

If anything it was the rest of the team that played like crap. Karlsson was the best D, Turris was amazing, but everyone else was very underwhleming (I guess including Karlsson). Anderson, Cowen, Gonchar and Zibanejad I specifically remember were brutal.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 10:02 AM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
SO YOU'RE TELLING ME WE'RE GONNA MISS FIRST PRESEASON GAME?

No chance of it being televised or streamed?
Hopefully it's on TV, It would be a fail from a marketing standpoint. You're trying to hype the season with new players and stuff, everybody is excited for that first pre-season game and you're it's not on TV?

mat_sens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 10:02 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

I'd say Methot was the best D overall in the playoffs.

Karlsson did his best, but he wasn't the same guy.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 10:42 AM
dennilfloss
Yes I love disco!

So when are they releasing the pdf with all the players heights and weights? I want to see who grew up and/or gained muscle.

dennilfloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 10:47 AM
Ice-Tray

The Sunday game is listed on Gamecentrelive, don't know if that means it will be televised or not, but someone has to be filming it you'd think.

Ice-Tray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 10:48 AM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
I'd say Methot was the best D overall in the playoffs.

Karlsson did his best, but he wasn't the same guy.
I concur. Methot really stepped up IMO.

SixthSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 12:08 PM
Pancakes Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-Tray View Post
The Sunday game is listed on Gamecentrelive, don't know if that means it will be televised or not, but someone has to be filming it you'd think.
If you go to the NHL.com site and check the schedule, the Sunday games has no TV network assigned to it. Whereas a bunch of the Sens other preseason games are being broadcast by TSN, Rogers 22, Leafs TV, etc. So there will be options to see them. Also, there's usually an NHL Center Ice free preview to start every season, so we should be able to get them on there.

Pancakes Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 02:05 PM
Ice-Tray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancakes Pancakes View Post
If you go to the NHL.com site and check the schedule, the Sunday games has no TV network assigned to it. Whereas a bunch of the Sens other preseason games are being broadcast by TSN, Rogers 22, Leafs TV, etc. So there will be options to see them. Also, there's usually an NHL Center Ice free preview to start every season, so we should be able to get them on there.
I've gone with game centre last year and this year, I like it better than centre ice. I remember catching a sens/panthers game that wasn't televised as well.

The camera was super weird amateur hour but it was on game centre, and watchable. There was no network attached to it if I remember correctly. I remember reading that people on here who didn't have it couldn't watch the game at all.

Ice-Tray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 02:09 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-Tray View Post
I've gone with game centre last year and this year, I like it better than centre ice. I remember catching a sens/panthers game that wasn't televised as well.

The camera was super weird amateur hour but it was on game centre, and watchable. There was no network attached to it if I remember correctly. I remember reading that people on here who didn't have it couldn't watch the game at all.
That was the game that had one camera pointed at the scoreclock in a box in the corner of the screen because they didn't have any superimposed graphics.

Someone got their first NHL goal I think, which I thought was funny because it would be in super low definition.

I think I ended up watching it on a stream.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 02:16 PM
SelleckStache

vCash: 496
Quote:
That was the game that had one camera pointed at the scoreclock in a box in the corner of the screen because they didn't have any superimposed graphics.

Someone got their first NHL goal I think, which I thought was funny because it would be in super low definition.

Here you go...
http://video.senators.nhl.com/videoc...,2,848&lang=en

It was the Dagawvins call too

SelleckStache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 02:28 PM
One Turris God
Gersei Chongar

Quote:

That was the Florida game, JOB got his first goal and we won like 6-1 or something. I remember because GCL was free for a bit and I watched it on that and talked in the chat. The chat was interesting if anyone remembers.. hahah

One Turris God is offline   Reply With Quote