HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sens 2013-14 Training Camp - All Discussion Here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-12-2013, 08:02 PM
  #126
Ron Jeremy
Registered User
 
Ron Jeremy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumperStumper View Post
We need to stop drafting people who weren't born within 90 minute of Ottawa. Especially Europeans, thats way too far
the NHL should implement the territorial rights rule they had/have in the CFL. That would be the great equalizer for Canadian teams.

Ron Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 08:17 PM
  #127
Ron Jeremy
Registered User
 
Ron Jeremy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
Zibby as a 3rd line centre is the ideal situation imo. He's still a kid. He's still learning the NHL game. Yea, he was great at the end of the season, but he still has a lot to learn. Playing mostly against the other teams bottom pairing Dmen makes it easier to continue learning without a dip in his forward growth.
That same situation helped Kadri a ton. Play him against weaker competition to learn the ropes.

Ron Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 08:31 PM
  #128
Ron Jeremy
Registered User
 
Ron Jeremy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
Simpson is awful why do you think he's on radio and not working for Toronto or Washington?.
Just because he sucked as an executive doesn't mean he can have a decent take as a broadcaset. I jean if Mad Mike Millbury can get on HNIC, anything is possible.

Ron Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 09:05 PM
  #129
BK201
Registered User
 
BK201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jeremy View Post
Just because he sucked as an executive doesn't mean he can have a decent take as a broadcaset. I jean if Mad Mike Millbury can get on HNIC, anything is possible.
Decent take. Maybe not AS bad as I said but seriously listen to him then watch. I really like him on the radio he has loads of insight but his talent analysis is lacking.

He knows how to give it and sound intelligent but what he says and what happens IRL is totally different.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 09:08 PM
  #130
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free
 
Nac Mac Feegle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jeremy View Post
Just because he sucked as an executive doesn't mean he can have a decent take as a broadcaset. I jean if Mad Mike Millbury can get on HNIC, anything is possible.
....hey

Mad Mike is fun as hell to listen to.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 09:12 PM
  #131
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free
 
Nac Mac Feegle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas0 View Post
None of them are televised?! I have hockeystreams, will they show it?
From what I hear, CBC will be televising a few games starting this Saturday. Not just the Sens, of course. I thinkt eh first game is whatever they picked as Hockeywille this year. (Winnipeg-Washington?)

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 09:36 PM
  #132
Lonnie Loach
Registered User
 
Lonnie Loach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,022
vCash: 500
If JOB is so deeply buried in the doghouse as to line up with the rookies, then why bother inviting him to camp. Seriously. His treatment can't go over well in the room.

Lonnie Loach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 09:50 PM
  #133
BK201
Registered User
 
BK201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie Loach View Post
If JOB is so deeply buried in the doghouse as to line up with the rookies, then why bother inviting him to camp. Seriously. His treatment can't go over well in the room.
That or everyone hates Jim and are in on it

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 10:15 PM
  #134
pepty
Registered User
 
pepty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas0 View Post
None of them are televised?! I have hockeystreams, will they show it?
Some of them are being televised, but the first one against Winnipeg is not.

RDS has the two games with Montreal. and TSN is doing one of the Leaf games. Leafs TV is doing the other one so we'll likely have to watch it on a stream. And Rogers ch 22 is supposed to be doing one of the games against the islanders and the game on Monday against Saskatoon.

That one seems strange because usually they do only the games in Ottawa.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 10:28 PM
  #135
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 22,245
vCash: 500
SO YOU'RE TELLING ME WE'RE GONNA MISS FIRST PRESEASON GAME?

No chance of it being televised or streamed?

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 10:40 PM
  #136
DylanSensFan
Walk On!
 
DylanSensFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleD View Post
Oh jeez. Karlsson had a bunch of points in a series when JG Pageau was scoring hat tricks. He was beyond awful in the playoffs, and quite obviously shouldn't have been on the ice.
Karlsson still played the most minutes of any players or defender on our team. So while being awful as you put it... the coach still wanted him on the ice. Hindsight is foolish... Karlsson himself said that he gained a lot from playing the end of last season.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 10:41 PM
  #137
DylanSensFan
Walk On!
 
DylanSensFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Dude, you're overexaggerating. Yes I said overexaggerating. He had 2 bad games. If he was as bad as you say he was, he wouldn't have played 29 min a game.
This...

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 11:18 PM
  #138
Holdurbreathe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Cowen is on the list. I thought he cant be invited while unsigned?
Not sure if someone has already mentioned this, but Cowen can attend camp without signing, it is just an insurance issue.


Last edited by Holdurbreathe: 09-12-2013 at 11:46 PM.
Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 11:45 PM
  #139
Holdurbreathe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Dude, you're overexaggerating. Yes I said overexaggerating. He had 2 bad games. If he was as bad as you say he was, he wouldn't have played 29 min a game.
Karlsson did not play well and his ice time was to a large degree a reflection of the score board. Had the games been close his ice time may have dropped as it did in game 2 in Pitt, where he was a minus 2 in a 4-3 game.

However when a team loses games by 4-1, 7-3, 6-2 any coach is going to play the players that give them the best chance at scoring and play them a lot.

Its really no surprise that Karlsson & Gonchar lead the D in ice time and Turris & Alfie lead the forwards.

It really isn't putting down Karlsson to say he didn't play well, he was another guy that probably shouldn't have even been dressed. I do believe he has said he was only 60%.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 09:54 AM
  #140
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
Karlsson did not play well and his ice time was to a large degree a reflection of the score board. Had the games been close his ice time may have dropped as it did in game 2 in Pitt, where he was a minus 2 in a 4-3 game.

However when a team loses games by 4-1, 7-3, 6-2 any coach is going to play the players that give them the best chance at scoring and play them a lot.

Its really no surprise that Karlsson & Gonchar lead the D in ice time and Turris & Alfie lead the forwards.

It really isn't putting down Karlsson to say he didn't play well, he was another guy that probably shouldn't have even been dressed. I do believe he has said he was only 60%.
Karlsson didn't play well for Karlsson standards. But he was still the best D overall on the team.

He did a good job on Crosby save for game 2 when Crosby got a hattrick. For the other 4 games, Karlsson did a decent job and if Crosby had any effect it was only on the PP, which Karlsson doesn't play. Crosby was a combined -2 the other 4 games.

If anything it was the rest of the team that played like crap. Karlsson was the best D, Turris was amazing, but everyone else was very underwhleming (I guess including Karlsson). Anderson, Cowen, Gonchar and Zibanejad I specifically remember were brutal.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 10:02 AM
  #141
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala
 
mat_sens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
SO YOU'RE TELLING ME WE'RE GONNA MISS FIRST PRESEASON GAME?

No chance of it being televised or streamed?
Hopefully it's on TV, It would be a fail from a marketing standpoint. You're trying to hype the season with new players and stuff, everybody is excited for that first pre-season game and you're it's not on TV?

mat_sens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 10:02 AM
  #142
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy
 
NyQuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NyLand
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,601
vCash: 500
I'd say Methot was the best D overall in the playoffs.

Karlsson did his best, but he wasn't the same guy.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 10:42 AM
  #143
dennilfloss
Yes I love disco!
 
dennilfloss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,946
vCash: 500
So when are they releasing the pdf with all the players heights and weights? I want to see who grew up and/or gained muscle.

dennilfloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 10:47 AM
  #144
Ice-Tray
Registered User
 
Ice-Tray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,086
vCash: 500
The Sunday game is listed on Gamecentrelive, don't know if that means it will be televised or not, but someone has to be filming it you'd think.

Ice-Tray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 10:48 AM
  #145
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev
 
SixthSens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
I'd say Methot was the best D overall in the playoffs.

Karlsson did his best, but he wasn't the same guy.
I concur. Methot really stepped up IMO.

SixthSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 12:08 PM
  #146
Pancakes Pancakes
Registered User
 
Pancakes Pancakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cattawa
Posts: 3,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-Tray View Post
The Sunday game is listed on Gamecentrelive, don't know if that means it will be televised or not, but someone has to be filming it you'd think.
If you go to the NHL.com site and check the schedule, the Sunday games has no TV network assigned to it. Whereas a bunch of the Sens other preseason games are being broadcast by TSN, Rogers 22, Leafs TV, etc. So there will be options to see them. Also, there's usually an NHL Center Ice free preview to start every season, so we should be able to get them on there.

Pancakes Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 02:05 PM
  #147
Ice-Tray
Registered User
 
Ice-Tray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancakes Pancakes View Post
If you go to the NHL.com site and check the schedule, the Sunday games has no TV network assigned to it. Whereas a bunch of the Sens other preseason games are being broadcast by TSN, Rogers 22, Leafs TV, etc. So there will be options to see them. Also, there's usually an NHL Center Ice free preview to start every season, so we should be able to get them on there.
I've gone with game centre last year and this year, I like it better than centre ice. I remember catching a sens/panthers game that wasn't televised as well.

The camera was super weird amateur hour but it was on game centre, and watchable. There was no network attached to it if I remember correctly. I remember reading that people on here who didn't have it couldn't watch the game at all.

Ice-Tray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 02:09 PM
  #148
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy
 
NyQuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NyLand
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-Tray View Post
I've gone with game centre last year and this year, I like it better than centre ice. I remember catching a sens/panthers game that wasn't televised as well.

The camera was super weird amateur hour but it was on game centre, and watchable. There was no network attached to it if I remember correctly. I remember reading that people on here who didn't have it couldn't watch the game at all.
That was the game that had one camera pointed at the scoreclock in a box in the corner of the screen because they didn't have any superimposed graphics.

Someone got their first NHL goal I think, which I thought was funny because it would be in super low definition.

I think I ended up watching it on a stream.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 02:16 PM
  #149
SelleckStache
Registered User
 
SelleckStache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,734
vCash: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
That was the game that had one camera pointed at the scoreclock in a box in the corner of the screen because they didn't have any superimposed graphics.

Someone got their first NHL goal I think, which I thought was funny because it would be in super low definition.

I think I ended up watching it on a stream.
Here you go...
http://video.senators.nhl.com/videoc...,2,848&lang=en

It was the Dagawvins call too

SelleckStache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 02:28 PM
  #150
One Turris God
Gersei Chongar
 
One Turris God's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
That was the game that had one camera pointed at the scoreclock in a box in the corner of the screen because they didn't have any superimposed graphics.

Someone got their first NHL goal I think, which I thought was funny because it would be in super low definition.

I think I ended up watching it on a stream.
That was the Florida game, JOB got his first goal and we won like 6-1 or something. I remember because GCL was free for a bit and I watched it on that and talked in the chat. The chat was interesting if anyone remembers.. hahah

One Turris God is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.