HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XLIII

Closed Thread

Old
09-11-2013, 02:32 PM
Nzap
0-60 in 0-60

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Correct. You can send down a player to juniors at any point. The nine games only matters as far as burning a year of the ELC or not.

Chambers should read up on the CBA. He's been wrong on a bunch of things in the last year.
Thanks. I wondered if they changed that in the new CBA when I read that. But apparently Chambers was incorrect again.

Old
09-11-2013, 02:51 PM
tucker3434

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Correct. You can send down a player to juniors at any point. The nine games only matters as far as burning a year of the ELC or not.

Chambers should read up on the CBA. He's been wrong on a bunch of things in the last year.
But if sent back to juniors, they can't come back, correct?

Old
09-11-2013, 02:53 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker3434 View Post
Yes, unless it's emergency call up.

Old
09-11-2013, 02:55 PM
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
Yes, unless it's emergency call up.
Or after their junior season is over.

Old
09-11-2013, 03:01 PM
bromando

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker3434 View Post
Yeah definitely not worth it for a guy like Mackinnon.

Old
09-11-2013, 03:03 PM
avsfan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
I think you mean simulated a whole season. I doubt you played 82 games
yup simmed lol funny what a change of coaching strategies could do.

40 win season with d pairs of:

wilson - ej
hejda - barrie
hunwick - sarich

Old
09-11-2013, 03:18 PM
AslanRH
Plebeian Poster

vCash: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
This is what I mean. A contract dispute should not have an impact on if a forward, who has ALWAYS been a "Heart & Soul" player on EVERY team that he's played for, being considered apart of a team's Core.

The NHL is a business and players have every right to maximize their career earnings.

And if you want to think that PL/EL had "not a lot to do with it" then all I can say is that I believe you're wrong. Just LOOK at the whole culture/attitude of the team after this new regime has come in. It's 100% different. Eric Lacroix was nothing more than a product of nepotism that had run this team into the ground. Of that I am sure, 100% positive

I still maintain that what Duchene got should have NO bearing/impact on what O'Reilly was offered. Duchene signed a very nice "sweetheart deal", and everyone knew it. But ultimately, when I see people make the argument that O'Reilly should have taken the same or less than Duchene, I want to ask them this question, "Would you accept less than what you think you're worth just because someone else took the same amount?" I bet a vast majority of people here would not just say "No." but "Hell No!"

When you see Ryan O'Reilly's work ethic, what he does on/off the ice for his team, you know that he's a player worth keeping, and signing a deal in the KHL, I don't fault him for that, a number of NHL players did. He had an "NHL Out Clause" and he probably got a little bit more money if he signed 2 years, he was never going to stay in Russia.

I seriously think people need to get over it. What's done is done, he held out, the Avs and he stood firm on their stances and "GM of the Year" Jay Feaster stepped in and made another in the long line of boneheaded moves, except this one could have cost him O'Reilly AND draft picks as well.
I don't disagree about ROR being able to be part of the core, I just do not sense that he still is. This is of course merely a gut feeling and I'm not sure from which direction I'm getting that feeling from.

I think in his absence this team found their heart and soul guys in Duchene, Landy, and even PAP with a few proddings along the way from vets like Giggy and Hejda. I think Duchene earned an 'A' going forward that likely I would have guessed would have been ROR's. I just don't see him being as important to this team moving forward now as I had before.

I also don't disagree that he has a right to try and get what he thinks he is due, but at I feel he wanted far more than what he'd established his worth to be and what the market was reflecting, and was willing to, in a way, quit the team until he got what he wanted.

From the outside looking in, after watching the Avs once ROR returned, I just did not see the chemistry with the rest of the core I had in the past. He seemed much more of a contributing player and less of a player who set the pace and lead the team as he had before last season.

I suppose I now just see him as a player whose skills I'd love to have for many years on the Avs but not one who is as vital a piece to the team going forward because some of the intangibles I thought he brought to the team don't seem to be there anymore. Whether that is actually true in the locker room and on the ice is yet to be seen.

I actually hope I'm wrong and that this gut feeling is a distant memory once the season starts.

09-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Cousin Eddie
AKA Kento

If we didn't have so many D we could offer up a package to get both Meszaros and Coburn out of Philly.
I just posted this on the main board but would you guys do

Stastny + Elliott + Wilson + 2nd for Coburn and Meszaros

Edit: This would make Philly's cap hit even higher so never mind this post.

Last edited by Cousin Eddie: 09-11-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Old
09-11-2013, 03:22 PM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kento19 View Post
If we didn't have so many D we could offer up a package to get both Meszaros and Coburn out of Philly.

Flyers have Giroux and Vinny. No need for Stastny.

Old
09-11-2013, 03:24 PM
AslanRH
Plebeian Poster

vCash: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by kento19 View Post

I would not, but probably less fervently than Philly fans wont. A Center like Stastny is not a need there right now.

Old
09-11-2013, 06:02 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Quote:
Regardless, it's my opinion that EL/PL were more to blame than Ryan, and nothing will get me to change that opinion
I place a lot of blame on the agent. I don't really pin that on ROR himself, I just hope he can take a bit of control over his situation next time around and make the situation more reasonable.

I think adding ROR made the team better but what really hurt the team was the fiasco. They never do well with a big distraction. I always felt like Foppa's last stand was at the end of the day a hurtful distraction to the team as well.

Old
09-11-2013, 06:17 PM
InjuredChoker

CoHo re-signs for 6 years.

Old
09-11-2013, 06:18 PM
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks

Quote:
CoHo re-signs for 6 years.
Wow... will be interesting to see the AAV.

If the AAV is high, it could hurt ROR negotiations next year. Hodgson was on a 58 point pace last year and had 41 points in his rookie season.

Last edited by henchman24: 09-11-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old
09-11-2013, 06:25 PM
InjuredChoker

It will get tight with Rangers. Obviously this deal won't help them reg. negotiations with Stepan. And he has better track record than CoHo. Or Kadri who got almost 3 mil on a bridge deal.

Rangers have little over 2 mil on 24 man roster now.. So they can make it work but bridge deal is basically must unless they trade some bigger name and it will be tight with injury callups etc.

Not to mention MDZ and Brassard are RFAs next year, King, Callahan, Girardi and Stralman (who I feel is underrated) are UFAs. Cap will go up but still.

Maybe it's good for them if Richards sucks and they buy him out.

Old
09-11-2013, 07:13 PM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

I dont get why Steckel is still a FA. I'd take him as a 4th line face off man any day of the week here.

Old
09-11-2013, 09:06 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Wow... will be interesting to see the AAV.

If the AAV is high, it could hurt ROR negotiations next year. Hodgson was on a 58 point pace last year and had 41 points in his rookie season.
4.25 AAV, not bad especially for 6 years.

Old
09-11-2013, 09:55 PM
Avs
Bozak + 2nd

This has probably been answered at some time in the past, but I'm just looking for a quick yes or no.

If we extend ROR before the end of this season, it can be for any amount, correct?

Old
09-11-2013, 10:11 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs View Post
This has probably been answered at some time in the past, but I'm just looking for a quick yes or no.

If we extend ROR before the end of this season, it can be for any amount, correct?
Yes but not just before the end of this season. Even if they agree on a long-term extension in the offseason, it can still be for any amount.

Old
09-11-2013, 10:11 PM
Avs
Bozak + 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Yes but not just before the end of this season. Even if they agree on a long-term extension in the offseason, it can still be for any amount.
fantastic

Old
09-11-2013, 10:45 PM
Jayevs
Formerly avsman

Quote:
It will get tight with Rangers. Obviously this deal won't help them reg. negotiations with Stepan. And he has better track record than CoHo. Or Kadri who got almost 3 mil on a bridge deal.

Rangers have little over 2 mil on 24 man roster now.. So they can make it work but bridge deal is basically must unless they trade some bigger name and it will be tight with injury callups etc.

Not to mention MDZ and Brassard are RFAs next year, King, Callahan, Girardi and Stralman (who I feel is underrated) are UFAs. Cap will go up but still.

Maybe it's good for them if Richards sucks and they buy him out.
I wouldn't be against offer sheeting MDZ next year.

Old
09-11-2013, 11:10 PM
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118

Quote:
Out of curiosity where are you seeing that there is a minimum amount they can sign for during the season if both parties agreed? I'm not familiar with that, and can't seem to find it in the CBA.

There's limits in terms of the max they can give them in relation to the remaining cap space for the current year, and that they are paid at the same rate on each check that they would have if they signed the same deal at the begining of the season, but I'm not seeing something keeping O'Reilly from signing for less than his QO or current AAV if he wanted to.

I might be missing it though.

Old
09-11-2013, 11:21 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Out of curiosity where are you seeing that there is a minimum amount they can sign for during the season if both parties agreed? I'm not familiar with that, and can't seem to find it in the CBA.
There is no minimum. I see where the confusion in my post might be. He asked if ROR can be extended for any amount if it's done before the end of the season. I was just trying to say that signing him for any amount isn't only limited to before the end of the season. Even if they don't extend him during the season, he can still be extended for any amount in the offseason.

Old
09-11-2013, 11:31 PM
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118

Quote:
There is no minimum. I see where the confusion in my post might be. He asked if ROR can be extended for any amount if it's done before the end of the season. I was just trying to say that signing him for any amount isn't only limited to before the end of the season. Even if they don't extend him during the season, he can still be extended for any amount in the offseason.
I gotcha. I think I glossed over the word "just" haha. Thanks for the clarification.

Old
09-11-2013, 11:49 PM
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118

Another note on Meszaros that I just saw. His cap hit is $4M, but his actual salary this year is $5M.

I know Josh has ponied up some coin this year, but I'd be very surprised if they were keen to pay that to a guy who's such a risk to miss a big portion of the season.

Old
09-12-2013, 08:01 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
I dont get why Steckel is still a FA. I'd take him as a 4th line face off man any day of the week here.
I think he was invited to Wild's camp.

Closed Thread