HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Heavyweight Enforcer to Edmonton?

Closed Thread

Old
09-12-2013, 01:37 AM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 900
Orr is a guy I'd absolutely love to have. Question for Leaf fans, would you guys be willing to move Orr for a fair price with the surplus of toughness on your team? What would it realistically cost to land him?

Old
09-12-2013, 01:41 AM
The Brewmeister
#Winning.

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Brewmeister Send a message via Skype™ to The Brewmeister
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
That is so ****ing awesome. I've always wished for a big bad goon willing to smash a little pest the **** up. We've got Biznasty, but he won't fight anyone smaller than him.

Damn I wish we had a 24 year old Colton Orr instead.
You could argue whether or not Biznasty fights.

Old
09-12-2013, 01:48 AM
AbsolonMoreau*

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
You show me 5 examples of enforcers riding in on their white horses to save a distressed star player and ill show you 50 examples of skilled players dancing around that enforcer like a novice C player.

Its not like goons are elbowing and slashing the heads of skilled guys every game in todays NHL. All that goons do in todays NHL is chase around skilled players for the odd hit after the play or to push them around in a scrum
Clowe, Iginla, Lucic, Chara, Dillon, Zack Kassian and Kyle Clifford are some of the more skilled guys who will stand up for their teammates as soon as they see a dirty hit. You don't need an enforcer in this league. You need tough guys who can fight if needed.

Old
09-12-2013, 03:10 AM
Team Overrated

I'd take Big Mac for the Leafs if he were on waivers. Oh I don't care which tough guy Edmonton gets but I hope they get one!

Old
09-12-2013, 08:19 AM
tony d
Ours for next 7 yrs.

Toughness is another element Edmonton needs if they want to take that next step and become a contender. A Frazer Mclaren would look good in Edmonton.

09-12-2013, 08:21 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
BizNasty is the ONE pure enforcer type of guy who I'd totally welcome to the Oilers.

Maybe Tootoo.

Other than that, I think MacT is an idiot for not going after someone more useful.
Biznasty isn't even and enforcer, he is a guy that gets fans in the seats because he posts stuff on twitter.

Old
09-12-2013, 09:24 AM
njdevil26

Krys Barch! Take him! FREE!!

Old
09-12-2013, 10:01 AM
Quares27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
Orr is a guy I'd absolutely love to have. Question for Leaf fans, would you guys be willing to move Orr for a fair price with the surplus of toughness on your team? What would it realistically cost to land him?
Wouldn't be worth it... Carlyle has a hard on for him (even playing him with Kadri earlier in the year) so they would probably want something with actual value going their way and you should never trade something with value for a goon

It's probably best if they just wait to see if someone goes on waivers and picks him up. Last year we saw Kassian, Mclaren, Sestito, Peluso and Mcgrattan all on waivers so im sure EDM can get someone for free.

Old
09-12-2013, 10:04 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brewmeister View Post
You could argue whether or not Biznasty fights.
45 fights in 148 regular season games as a Coyote. That's a fight about every third game. Dave Tippett keeps him reigned in extremely tightly. It's easier to fight a lot on a really good team that gets out way ahead on the scoreboard, or a really bad team that falls way behind in games. On a system team that fights tooth and nail for every point and is never more than one ahead or behind, you've got to pick your spots. Dave Tippett is a two strikes and you're out kind of coach. The fact that Bissonnette has been smart enough to stay on DT's good side all of these years is really saying something. A dumber, more emotional goon like Dan Carcillo wouldn't last two games under Tippett. I think Bissonnette fights when he's given permission to fight and only when he's got that permission. It's probably why he still has a job working for a boss like DT.

09-12-2013, 11:07 AM
nally

Quote:
Originally Posted by bland View Post
The only real "toughness" that matters is having skill players who can persevere and succeed without needing protection against physical play. No tough guy is going to change that.

If Edmonton is soft, its due to drafting talented but meek players without putting enough emphasis on competitive spirit. There is at least one, likely two, too many flashy players in that current top 6.
So much wrong with this. Gretzky has something to say...who was on his line again?

Old
09-12-2013, 11:17 AM
ManofSteel55

Not sure what to think of this rumor. If we get an enforcer, I'm ok with it, as long he isn't a huge liability. We don't need a goon, but we do need tough guys who can play the game, I think everyone can see that. With Brown and possibly Eager back up (Dustin Nielsen said he showed up to camp 25 or so pounds lighter this year, it looks like he's putting in more of an effort to be in shape), we don't need any old tough guy either. We need one who can play a larger role, on the third line, or a regular shift on defense.

Old
09-12-2013, 11:34 AM
I Hate Tie DOMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
Krys Barch! Take him! FREE!!
I second this. We need to shed a forward and this will do that.

Old
09-12-2013, 11:54 AM
Flat Stanley

Steve MacIntyre will be put on waivers to be sent down and the Penguins signed Pierre-Luc Létourneau-Leblond to an AHL deal. Obviously MacIntyre is a guy that the Oilers are familiar with so it wouldn't surprise me if they claimed him off waivers from the Penguins.

Old
09-12-2013, 12:03 PM
Royal Canuck
Go Canucks Go!

Biznasty is probably on a tight leash with a guy like Dave Tippett.

Send him to Edmonton and he might establish himself as a true enforcer.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Old
09-12-2013, 12:20 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolonMoreau View Post
Clowe, Iginla, Lucic, Chara, Dillon, Zack Kassian and Kyle Clifford are some of the more skilled guys who will stand up for their teammates as soon as they see a dirty hit. You don't need an enforcer in this league. You need tough guys who can fight if needed.
I would love any of these guys, cause they are actually good. Kassian/ Clifford would be guys I would love macT to target.

Old
09-12-2013, 12:32 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonleaffan View Post
Except as I showed you, those players in regards to toronto do not cost our team> You guys traded us for brownie last year to try and help you out in the fighting department and his play fell off from how he was in toronto. Can you figure out why? Here is a hint___he is not a heavy weight. And a 4 minute pk is very rare, and edmontons star laden pp was a whopping 1.4% better then toronto's last season. Never mind the fact you have Burke just down the road from you who already stated they want calgary to be a lot tougher team to play against. If toronto is any idication of a burke team you may just want to get yourself an enforcer or two.

Getting sleepy ill reply again tomorrow
You showed me plus/minus. Plus players can hurt their team and minus players can help there's. What percentage of those pluses came with playing with kadri and dragging him down.

I could care less if Calgary gets orr/McLaren. Those guys don't run players and arent that dirty (as kaleta/cooke)and have no value if not creating side show entertainment. If Edmonton gets face punchers they are just validating calgarys aqusition those fighters and create side show enteraintment in Alberta. I'd rather get real players. I'd also hope macT tells Brown to stir it up and goat them into taking penalties. I actually wouldn't mind seeing a bottom 6 filled with mcgrattens and Orr's and the like.

You can bank on the pp getting back to normal with a healthy RNH, Eberle, more developed Schultz and new arrivals such as Belov and Klefbom. Both with great PP tools

If Calgary got Kaleta I might think about it, but brown could probably handle him. Most pests are around 6 foot and most goons are 6'5. A bit excessive. It seems teams get goons with size to handle other goons with size. Not really solving the problem of pests. Just answering the problem created by a bad idea in the first place

The instigator rule really make goons useless and a liability to their team, since almost no pests will fight them toe to toe, goons have to attack them and take penalties.
It seems like the general concensus is that goons deter cheap shots in 3 ways
A)Their presence alone with deter pests Not really true, since goons are still here and yet pests are to. Didnt stop Kaleta even with multiple goons in the line up. If it were this easy all teams would load up on 1 or 2 goons and pests would no longer be here because they are too scared.
B) Beat up pests if pests are running around A bit retroactive, since the hits have already been made, cant really uninjure a player by fighting the pest. And this often results in penalties that kill the team
C)If goon isnt in line up, seek revenge in the next game This is the worst possible idea. First, pests know its coming and can easily goat them into a call. Second, the goon rarely gets a clean fight with the pest. So you waste 6 minute of ice time so the goon can run around after the pest. Lastly the refs arent dumb, if a goon is out to fight,they know its coming so its an easy instigator penalty. But hey you get to punch a pest 3 times before they can break it up

Is there any other way a face puncher can be a deterrent?

Last edited by topchowda: 09-12-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Old
09-12-2013, 12:43 PM
BK201

In Ottawa we picked up an enforcer for a 6th round draft pick. This should cost little to nothing to do.

Old
09-12-2013, 01:17 PM
backhandsauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
Steve MacIntyre will be put on waivers to be sent down and the Penguins signed Pierre-Luc Létourneau-Leblond to an AHL deal. Obviously MacIntyre is a guy that the Oilers are familiar with so it wouldn't surprise me if they claimed him off waivers from the Penguins.
This. Not to mention his best friend plays on the Oilers. Ryan Jones.

Old
09-12-2013, 01:20 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
Biznasty is probably on a tight leash with a guy like Dave Tippett.

Send him to Edmonton and he might establish himself as a true enforcer.
I would be okay with grabbing him.

Old
09-12-2013, 01:29 PM
actionhank1786

I like having Ryan Reaves. He's never going to win any goal scoring awards, or beautiful skating contests...but he's always on time with a massive hit and a timely fight if needed.
How is Edmonton doing in cloning research?

Old
09-12-2013, 01:37 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank1786 View Post
I like having Ryan Reaves. He's never going to win any goal scoring awards, or beautiful skating contests...but he's always on time with a massive hit and a timely fight if needed.
How is Edmonton doing in cloning research?
With the price of the new arena, one has to hope they'll have a cloning lab in there.

Old
09-12-2013, 01:41 PM
Murdoc27

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
enforcer's i'd want are scott, mclaren, westgarth, or thornton, or engelland, or orr. haha. my list got carried away and i doubt anyone other than mclaren are available....
The Pens could dump Engo.... You could have him for a 5th rounder. They have a ton of depth on the blueline. Could I interest you in Niskanen as well? LOL

Old
09-12-2013, 01:43 PM
Sparksrus3

I am sure the "stache" would be available. Just say his name 3 times and he will appear .

Old
09-12-2013, 01:48 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

MacIntyre will be on waivers soon enough and would make a ton of sense.

I don't see Engelland being dealt...his cap hit is miniscule and he's about the only tough guy good enough to play regular minutes with the Pens. Nobody is willing to fight Big Mac, so there's really no point in giving him ice time...but hey, he still fits the description and has a history with the Oilers.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
09-12-2013, 01:49 PM
Kulleroinen
Oilers!

I don't see why anyone would need a heavyweight. Just make it eye for an eye. If someone hurts our star players, make their star players hurt. Simple.

Closed Thread