HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Who would you rather have on your NHL team?

Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2003, 04:27 AM
Lord Stanley

vCash: 500
Who would you rather have on your NHL team?

Richard Zednik, Mark Parrish, or Kristian Huselius?

Old
09-28-2003, 04:29 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Kristian Huselius.. most skilled one of he bunch and strictly because I feel his eventual upside is superior..

I consider Parrish and Zednik of the same calibre. Feisty and consistant 20/25 goal scorers with the ability to score 30.

Old
09-28-2003, 04:40 AM
brianscot

Huselius is the most talented.

Parrish seems to get the most outa what he possesses.

All in all, I"d take Parrish.

Old
09-28-2003, 05:21 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
I consider Parrish and Zednik of the same calibre. Feisty and consistant 20/25 goal scorers with the ability to score 30.
May I remind you that Zednik already has scored 31 goals this season and I think he will be a consistant 30-40 goal scorer the next seasons, so I prefer Zednik at the moment.

Old
09-28-2003, 05:25 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3
May I remind you that Zednik has scored 31 goals this season and I think he will be a consistant 30-40 goal scorer the next seasons, so I prefer Zednik at the moment.
Sure you may.. just remember that Zednik wasn't much of a lethal scorer the years before. Suddenly Koivu records a career season and Zednik scores 31. To me, Zednik is a consistant 20/25 goal scorer, who could hit 30 with Saku's assistance.. by no means will he ever become a consistant 30/40 goal scorer, there aren't even that many of those today, and I surely wouldn't put Zednik in that group a few years from now either..

Old
09-28-2003, 05:43 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
Sure you may.. just remember that Zednik wasn't much of a lethal scorer the years before. Suddenly Koivu records a career season and Zednik scores 31. To me, Zednik is a consistant 20/25 goal scorer, who could hit 30 with Saku's assistance.. by no means will he ever become a consistant 30/40 goal scorer, there aren't even that many of those today, and I surely wouldn't put Zednik in that group a few years from now either..
IMO you don't give any credit to Richard Zednik's skills. It's clear he wasn't a lethal scorer before but he's just 26 and it's quite possible he has found his way. Perhaps is your Koivu theory correct but we don't know. With the thought Koivu will play is whole career in Montreal it's justified to assume that 30 goals each year is possible. There were about thirty +30 goals scorers last season and Zednik is Montreal's primary goalscorer at the moment.

Old
09-28-2003, 05:44 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
I'll take Parrish. I like it when an undersized guy with hands of stone scores 25 goals a year from 10 feet radius around the net.

Old
09-28-2003, 05:53 AM
Histrion

Send a message via MSN to Histrion
Zednik bring some grit and skills, and he's very clutch.

Parrish is gritty, got skills, but I don't know he's clutch.

Huselius is the most gifted, he's soft, and I can't tell is he's clutch or not.

The choice is quite hard, but I'd go with either Zednik or Huselius, it depends on what I need the most; pure skils, or grit. For the Habs, I'd take Zednik, since we desperatly needs grit.

Old
09-28-2003, 06:02 AM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

I'd say it's a close call between Zednik and Huselius. While Parrish has put up decent numbers during the past few years, I feel he's not as creative as the other two guys. He's the kind of guy who'll get more than half on his goals by taking rebounds and tipping in shots from the blueline.

Both Zednik and Huselius are very creative with the pucks, and have the ability of creating many scoring chances. While Huselius has the edge in stickhandling, Zednik is a better skater IMO and is much stronger on his skates. The stats speak for themselves too... Richard has put up more points than Kristian, but wasn't nearly as productive at the time he was 24 (if that's Huselius' age).

I'd say Zednik gets the edge at the moment, but Huselius will probably be the better player.

Closed Thread