Notices

2013-14 WHL Regular Season Thread

Old
03-06-2014, 03:05 PM
phillipsj89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy Sliders View Post
What are the rules on underage call ups wearing visors? Is it if your teams season is over then you are permitted to wear one? Or do you have to turn 16?
Something like that

phillipsj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 08:49 PM
SBrisScout

Talking about visors, why does Matt Barzal where a Reebok helmet? I thought everyone had to wear a CCM?

SBrisScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 08:52 PM
Jamie Benn
NHL Draft Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killemdeader View Post
Haha I wouldn't be so sure about that. Everett's finally recovering from injuries and 6-0-0-1 in their past 7, including trouncing Kelowna last night 5-1. It'd be quite the interesting series IMO, both teams are riding hotstreaks... Although I would never pass up a series vs Seattle if we can catch Spokane.
Spokane and Vancouver have had our numbers this year. Lotz is an outstanding goalie and the Silvertips are an excellent team no doubt about it. Set for a great series if it happens.

Jamie Benn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2014, 05:22 AM
n00bxQb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBrisScout View Post
Talking about visors, why does Matt Barzal where a Reebok helmet? I thought everyone had to wear a CCM?
Reebok and CCM are the same company.

From the CHL's website:
Quote:
CCM/Reebok are the Exclusive Supplier of helmets, gloves, pants, game jerseys and socks, practice jerseys and socks, shoulder/shin/elbow pads, officials helmets, officials jersey, and officials pants.

Bauer is the Exclusive Supplier of visors and neck protection.
http://www.chl.ca/page/suppliers

Last edited by n00bxQb: 03-07-2014 at 05:27 AM.
n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2014, 08:40 AM
SBrisScout

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bxQb View Post
Reebok and CCM are the same company.

From the CHL's website:

http://www.chl.ca/page/suppliers
Thank you for sharing that! Barzal though is still the only player I've seen that's worn a Reebok helmet.

SBrisScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 11:09 PM
sunsoutgunsout
#redacted

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBrisScout View Post
Thank you for sharing that! Barzal though is still the only player I've seen that's worn a Reebok helmet.
Leipsic and Pouliot are the other two I can think of off the top of my head.

Question for the Calgary/Edmonton/Regina fans out there regarding the 7 and 8 seeds:

Who would you prefer to face in the first round of the ploffs? Who are you most scared of? This is out of the trifecta of PA, Brandon, and Red Deer, obviously.

sunsoutgunsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 10:27 AM
Slapstick204

Probably Prince Albert. They seem to be back to their winning ways. Red Deer goalie is a big factor, could clinch series if getting past him, Brandon struggling with injuries and suspensions, but has a lot of depth. Altogether still Prince Albert getting vote as most dangerous opponent.

Slapstick204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 12:44 AM
I am the Liquor
Wrong Way Eberle

vCash: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsoutgunsout View Post

Question for the Calgary/Edmonton/Regina fans out there regarding the 7 and 8 seeds:

Who would you prefer to face in the first round of the ploffs? Who are you most scared of? This is out of the trifecta of PA, Brandon, and Red Deer, obviously.
Oil King fan. Not scared of any of those teams. Looks to be another Hitmen/Oil King final barring some kind of upset.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 10:10 AM
Joe Hallenback

vCash: 777
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsoutgunsout View Post

All 3 of those teams can cause you concern but all have problems of their own

PA's should be a very solid team. They have top end guys,depth in the linemate and a lot of size and toughness. There biggest problem is goaltending which causes them to give up in games.

Brandon is very offensive team. A ton of scoring depth up front and on the blueline. A scary powerplay. A lot of younger guys who will only get better. Good goaltending as well. There problem is they can forget to play D and get scored on easily.

Red Deer is a very solid defensive team with a great goaltender who can steal games. They work and play hard like any Sutter coached team. Scoring however does not come easy for them.

Edmonton/Calgary if they come to play shouldn't have any problems beating those teams but upsets do happen especially if you don't come to play or you play to those teams strengths

Joe Hallenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 11:56 AM
Regina Pat
Keep Kadri

So, how about those 2013-14 Eastern Division Champions, the Regina Pats? Where were they supposed to finish? 9th? 10th?

Regina Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 06:34 AM
Cloned
Dial M for Michelle

Oil Kings clinch first place in the conference.

Not bad for a team that was predicted to lose a few steps this year due to graduated talent.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Cloned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 11:12 AM
billybobjoe2112

vCash: 73
Fiddler and Bourke had great games last night. Troy Bourke came into the night one point back of the Cougars all time points lead. He put up one goal and 3 assists, and Todd Fiddler started the game with 46 goals. He scored four to become the second P.G. Cougar to ever hit 50 in a season.

billybobjoe2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 10:54 AM
phillipsj89

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobjoe1881 View Post
Fiddler and Bourke had great games last night. Troy Bourke came into the night one point back of the Cougars all time points lead. He put up one goal and 3 assists, and Todd Fiddler started the game with 46 goals. He scored four to become the second P.G. Cougar to ever hit 50 in a season.
Yes, now about that sale of the team. Lets get on with it.

phillipsj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 02:37 PM
Slapstick204

great job Pats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina Pat View Post
So, how about those 2013-14 Eastern Division Champions, the Regina Pats? Where were they supposed to finish? 9th? 10th?
Obviously a Regina fan , I have to say it was a pleasure to watch them play this year.They were coached creatively and played to win. Some other teams can learn from that. Hope they can keep it up against Brandon in the playoffs , they are a very offensive team and overcame injuries. Good luck Pats!

Slapstick204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 02:28 PM
billybobjoe2112

vCash: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipsj89 View Post
Yes, now about that sale of the team. Lets get on with it.
This is what the entire town is waiting for. Let's make it official and then start selling out games again.

billybobjoe2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 10:35 PM
ace4

The Victoria Royals won their first two playoff games against Spokane in overtime. Hopefully, they have the lucky horseshoes for a playoff run.

ace4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 12:16 AM
n00bxQb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace4 View Post
The Victoria Royals won their first two playoff games against Spokane in overtime. Hopefully, they have the lucky horseshoes for a playoff run.
Here's hoping.

Tonight, I noticed a couple of things. I haven't had a chance to get out to as many games this year as I have in years past, so forgive me if this analysis is way off base. Can only get so much from listening to games on the radio.

1) They need to play with more discipline. They took a few really stupid, undisciplined penalties tonight and it was pretty common for them to take similar penalties last year, too. While it's fun to watch during the regular season, it's aggravating during the playoffs.

2) The Hicketts-Brown pairing needs to be played into the ground. Offensive chances seemed to happen every time they were on the ice tonight and, listening to the radio, it seems to be pretty commonplace since we acquired Brown. Fransoo-Cote and Kanzig-Gagnon were hemmed in our end quite frequently (and Kanzig-Gagnon had a few "OMG" moments that fortunately didn't result in goals against). For whatever reason, Hicketts and Brown were both glued to the bench for the first half of the 3rd period and we paid for it as Spokane tied it up. Once they started getting shifts again, the scoring chances followed.

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote