HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan Murray to Mtl

Closed Thread

Old
09-19-2013, 10:42 PM
Chacal667

vCash: 500
Ryan Murray to Mtl

What's the value of Ryan Murray,
I'm not sure that i have ''as a habs fan'' what it need to get him or if I'm ready to give what it would take but I'm looking for a young LHD to play with Subban in the futur, at a younger age Markov would have been the perfect partner but he's getting old and the injuries haven't help.

I know that Jarmo Kekalainen drafted Lars Eller with St-Louis, maybe something around these 2 players could work ?

I really like Eller but because we already have Plekanec and Desharnais as #1 and #2 center, the only spot for Eller is on the third line, I know that trade should put some pressure on Galchenyuk but it could also increase his development.

Old
09-19-2013, 10:43 PM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
It pretty much won't happen.

09-19-2013, 10:44 PM
sharks9

They would want a huge overpayment for him.

Old
09-19-2013, 10:45 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
Extremely high.

Quote:
I know that Jarmo Kekalainen drafted Lars Eller with St-Louis, maybe something around these 2 players could work ?

I really like Eller but because we already have Plekanec and Desharnais as #1 and #2 center, the only spot for Eller is on the third line, I know that trade should put some pressure on Galchenyuk but it could also increase his development.
This makes no sense for Columbus. Most of the scoring forwards are young and still developing, and there's no need to make a hurried move.

Old
09-19-2013, 10:45 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
I'm not sure that i have ''as a habs fan'' what it need to get him or if I'm ready to give what it would take but I'm looking for a young LHD to play with Subban in the futur, at a younger age Markov would have been the perfect partner but he's getting old and the injuries haven't help.

You won't like the price. Put another way, they had the opportunity to choose between Galchenyuk and Murray just a year ago. They chose Murray.

Old
09-19-2013, 10:47 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
You won't like the price.
tell me what you think it is, i know the price should be high but at what point ?

Old
09-19-2013, 10:51 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Extremely high.

This makes no sense for Columbus. Most of the scoring forwards are young and still developing, and there's no need to make a hurried move.
what are your needs ?

Old
09-19-2013, 10:51 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
He was drafted second overall last year. I doubt his stock has dropped at all in the eyes of the Columbus organization. He is still IMO their future #1 franchise defensman.

The type of value I'm guessing the Jackets organization place on Murray would not be worth it for any NHL franchise. Don't think something along the lines of Eller. Think Galchenyuk+

Old
09-19-2013, 10:52 PM
jgoud

First off it would never happen. Second off, inorder for them to accept Galchenyuk would be coming the other way along with other things. They picked Murray > Galchenyuk so start with him and add

Old
Djp

it would be Galchenyuk

Old
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator
2nd Coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
He was drafted second overall last year. I doubt his stock has dropped at all in the eyes of the Columbus organization. He is still IMO their future #1 defensman.

The type of value I'm guessing the Jackets organization place on Murray would not be worth it for any NHL franchise. Don't think something along the lines of Eller. Think Galchenyuk+
They could have just drafted Galchenyuk then.

Old
09-19-2013, 10:55 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance Kuja View Post
The point is they chose Murray over him. So trading Murray straight up for Galchenyuk is basically saying "we made a mistake", unless there was a plus.

Regardless, they won't be moving Murray barring major overpayment. To think all he'd cost is Eller is absurd.

Old
09-19-2013, 10:55 PM
jgoud

Quote:
Yeah but he's asking whats the price. They picked Murray so if you're asking what it takes, it'll take the next best guy plus some.

Old
09-19-2013, 10:56 PM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator
2nd Coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoud View Post
Yeah but he's asking whats the price. They picked Murray so if you're asking what it takes, it'll take the next best guy plus some.
Yeah, I'm just saying it doesn't make sense.

Old
09-19-2013, 10:56 PM
Avs44

Quote:
Hence why I said +? And obviously not a small one.

Old
09-19-2013, 10:58 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
He was drafted second overall last year. I doubt his stock has dropped at all in the eyes of the Columbus organization. He is still IMO their future #1 defensman.

don't forget that Galchenyuk only had 3 games played in the whole year before the draft, but he already played 48 nhl games with 27 pts and a total of 12:19 of TOI I'm not saying that Gally will have a better carreer but I think we should admit that it is very impressive.

Old
09-19-2013, 11:00 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
The point is they chose Murray over him. So trading Murray straight up for Galchenyuk is basically saying "we made a mistake", unless there was a plus.

Regardless, they won't be moving Murray barring major overpayment. To think all he'd cost is Eller is absurd.
Eller + what ?, Subban ? lol

Old
09-19-2013, 11:01 PM
Treb

Quote:
Hence why I said +? And obviously not a small one.
I don't think the difference between the two is big. I doubt MTL would do Murray for Chuckie straight up, let alone add. This just won't work.

Old
09-19-2013, 11:03 PM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
I don't think the difference between the two is big. I doubt MTL would do Murray for Chuckie straight up, let alone add. This just won't work.
I never insinuated Montreal would consider that. I was only stating what I think Columbus would want.

Old
09-19-2013, 11:06 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
I think it is easy to understand that the habs wouldn't trade Galchenyuk for Murray, it shouldn't be a question...

Old
09-19-2013, 11:07 PM
TheOllieC
Leadership

vCash: 620
Columbus needs a legitimate 1st line center. RyJo is supposed to be that someday but clearly not now. Murray won't be traded though so it's a moot point.

Old
09-19-2013, 11:14 PM
stevo61

Quote:
You won't like the price. Put another way, they had the opportunity to choose between Galchenyuk and Murray just a year ago. They chose Murray.
And we have a winner. Granted we had different people running the show but i got my doubts Kekalainen and Davidson arent fans of having Murray

Old
09-19-2013, 11:15 PM
SteenMachine

They're simply not going to trade one of their very best assets on a team that isn't targeting the Cup. Value doesn't matter, resume doesn't matter, it's just basic logic that says he won't be traded because he's exactly what you covet on a team like Columbus. Even if Eller and Galchenyuk fill roles, have a high ceiling, they're not going to sacrifice the best they have to offer for it.

Old
09-19-2013, 11:18 PM
veedubn1

Quote:
I think it is easy to understand that the habs wouldn't trade Galchenyuk for Murray, it shouldn't be a question...
Lars Eller isn't a player you trade your future #1 D for... Not sure why you thought you could get a guy like Murray for a guy who looks to be a 2nd line center at his very best.

There is no + Montreal could add to Eller to make it fair unless Montreal ***** the bed this season and gets a top 5 pick.

top 5 pick + Eller and it's still debatable from Colombus' view.

Old
09-19-2013, 11:20 PM
jp7

vCash: 50
Quote:
Pretty much this.

Closed Thread