HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

How I Met Your Mother: Season 9 (Series Finale)

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2013, 01:06 AM
Unaffiliated

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
lad they killed off the "Ted is still in love with Robin" story too.
The hell? I thought they made it pretty clear that that arc is coming to a full boil this season.

Old
09-25-2013, 02:29 AM
HerrDonut

Well there was the bit about the locket - Ted was going to give it to Robin in an attempt to steal her back from Barney; but his gift turned out to just be a photo of the group. So that thread of Ted + Robin was killed off. There's still the Ted-is-the-wild-card thread though.

[My first time posting in a HIMYM thread here, so some context for my thoughts - I've disliked much of the last 2-3 seasons. Stopped watching entirely a little less than halfway through last season. Like everyone else though, I want to see all of the mother stuff... so here I am, watching again.]

Thought the two episodes were alright. Kinda hated Marshall's scenes and disliked Lily's stuff, but I'm completely on board with the casting and portrayal of the mother so far.

Old
09-25-2013, 03:08 AM
17futurecap

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewDonut View Post
Well there was the bit about the locket - Ted was going to give it to Robin in an attempt to steal her back from Barney; but his gift turned out to just be a photo of the group. So that thread of Ted + Robin was killed off. There's still the Ted-is-the-wild-card thread though.

[My first time posting in a HIMYM thread here, so some context for my thoughts - I've disliked much of the last 2-3 seasons. Stopped watching entirely a little less than halfway through last season. Like everyone else though, I want to see all of the mother stuff... so here I am, watching again.]

Thought the two episodes were alright. Kinda hated Marshall's scenes and disliked Lily's stuff, but I'm completely on board with the casting and portrayal of the mother so far.
They showed Ted boarding a flight to California a week before the wedding, he was going to get the locket from Stella's storage unit.

Old
09-25-2013, 03:19 AM
HerrDonut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
They showed Ted boarding a flight to California a week before the wedding, he was going to get the locket from Stella's storage unit.
I shall stand corrected then.

Old
09-25-2013, 03:47 AM
USC Trojans
Fight On!

I like how they're easing the mother into the picture and actually showing her interact with the rest of the gang before finally meeting Ted.

Gives us a better idea of her personality, and why she would be the perfect fit for Ted, rather than just have her show up on the series finale and hey, that's how I met your mother.

I'm expecting a lot of Ted call-backs to previous seasons to show just how compatible they are and how fateful it is that they finally met.

Old
09-25-2013, 06:20 AM
The Lunatic Fridge

Send a message via AIM to The Lunatic Fridge Send a message via MSN to The Lunatic Fridge
Lily is becoming more and more annoying with each episode.

We get it. You're cranky. You have a drinking problem. You like to incinerate people with your lazer eyes.

So dull.

Old
09-25-2013, 12:46 PM
Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
Lily is becoming more and more annoying with each episode.

We get it. You're cranky. You have a drinking problem. You like to incinerate people with your lazer eyes.

So dull.
couldnt agree more, this show is just horrible, ran its course to the point i dont even care to find out how he met the mother

the jokes are recycled, the characters are predictable and the writing is lazy...!

lilly, ted and robin are just awful, i couldnt even sit through the 1st ep...

i thought with it being the last season it would pick up but after the first ep of the season, i def wont keep watching...

Old
09-25-2013, 01:55 PM
DBU
Yung Deebz

vCash: 464
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/09/2..._medium=social

Quote:
It's the final season of How I Met Your Mother, so no doubt a lot of guest stars from the past will be popping up. CBS have now announced one such person and it's especially notable because this actor's profile has raised considerably since he was on HIMYM.

That person is Bryan Cranston, who will be returning in a Season 9 episode this fall as Hammond Druthers. Cranston played Druthers in two Season 2 episodes, introduced as Ted's awful, abusive boss. Circumstances resulted in Ted later being Druthers' superior and attempting to fire him, only to learn one awful thing after another going on in Druthers' life - and for Druthers to have a heart attack, which Ted thought he was faking, just as he actually did fire him.

Which begs the question, just what will bring Druthers back into Ted's life... and what might he have in store for Ted? A trip to Belize perhaps?

When Cranston first guest starred on HIMYM, he was already acclaimed and famous for his role on Malcolm in the Middle. Of course, six years later, he's now received nonstop accolades and awards for his stunning work on Breaking Bad, making him one of the most in-demand actors these days.

All I can say is, **** yes!

Old
09-25-2013, 02:31 PM
LightningStrikes
VL4ever

vCash: 50
She cute.

And yay to Cranston appearing on the show again!

Old
09-25-2013, 02:36 PM
Unaffiliated

Opinions:

- The mother is pretty cool, and looked better and less zombie-ish in these episodes

- The Marshall story is gonna suck, hopefully it gets pretty limited air time

- Most importantly, the whole Ted locket thing is actually making me nervous about the characters in the show (in a good way).

Old
09-25-2013, 03:25 PM
William Faulkner
A Wizard A True Star

I couldn't see most of the first episodes cause I was doing work. I caught the picture thing and the Lily being drunk thing...

What is going on with Marshall?

09-25-2013, 08:30 PM
irunthepeg
SJQ EPMBOE ‎a

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibsons Finest View Post
When did they do that? They showed him going to California, and he said he was the wildcard who could ruin the wedding, that storyline is very much in play. In the first flashforward where we ever saw Ted about to meet the mother, I'm pretty sure he was leaving in a bit of a huff, so I'm definitely guessing that ties into Robin as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unaffiliated View Post
The hell? I thought they made it pretty clear that that arc is coming to a full boil this season.
When he gives her the gift of the picture of them, instead of what Lily thought he was going to give her... I thought it made it pretty clear that Ted had moved on...

Old
09-25-2013, 08:42 PM
The Mighty Duck Man
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
When he gives her the gift of the picture of them, instead of what Lily thought he was going to give her... I thought it made it pretty clear that Ted had moved on...
Again, did you shut the TV off right then and there? He said that he was the wildcard and they showed him going to California to look for the locket. Ted-Robin will end this season, obviously, but that story's not quite done yet.

Old
09-25-2013, 09:00 PM
irunthepeg
SJQ EPMBOE ‎a

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibsons Finest View Post
Again, did you shut the TV off right then and there? He said that he was the wildcard and they showed him going to California to look for the locket. Ted-Robin will end this season, obviously, but that story's not quite done yet.
Oh, maybe I missed something then. My apologies!

Old
09-26-2013, 12:44 AM
MapleLeafsFan4Ever

Does anyone wonder how long it will be until they decide if Marshall is going to take that job as a Judge or if he will go off to Italy with Lilly. If this season basically takes places during Barney and Robins Wedding, is that plot going to take a while to be finished?

Old
09-26-2013, 12:52 AM
Soli
Supervision Required

I hope we see a ring bear.

Old
09-26-2013, 01:09 AM
FakeKidPoker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
Fat Marshall was funnier than current back in shape Marshall. Well, not really, I was never a fan of that character. I can stand Ted and his moping around and falling in love super fast and of course Barney is legendary, but Marshall is boring and bland, Lilly is the only reason he is ever tolerable in any scene .
um.. what?

Wow.. that is a first.

Personally I find Lilly.. along with just about every character Alyson plays to be god awful.

She was ok at the very start of the show.. but she has been bottom of barrel forever and man she has aged pretty badly.

Old
09-26-2013, 01:12 AM
FakeKidPoker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Does anyone wonder how long it will be until they decide if Marshall is going to take that job as a Judge or if he will go off to Italy with Lilly. If this season basically takes places during Barney and Robins Wedding, is that plot going to take a while to be finished?
Thought they made it clear he did take the job the only thing though was how he was going to tell Lilly.

Old
09-26-2013, 01:23 AM
USC Trojans
Fight On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post
Thought they made it clear he did take the job the only thing though was how he was going to tell Lilly.
I think at the end, it would be all for nothing, and Lily is going to be supportive of his decision because of friendship, wants Marshall to be happy, etc. etc. blah blah blah.

And yes, I'm somewhat expecting to see a real Ring Bear at some point this season.

Old
09-26-2013, 01:26 AM
FakeKidPoker*

Also Ted and Robin are not done.

They still have to get to the part where Robin finds out the reason why Ted and Victoria broke up.

Old
09-30-2013, 08:28 PM
Nalens Oga
HeavenOrLasVegas

vCash: 1963
Back to the type of bleh episodes from last season. It wasn't terrible, I liked the Leafs joke at the beginning but few original jokes after that. The Ted/Lily storyline was not that bad but the Robin/Barney bits were terrible. Robin is usually not that funny of a character and Barney used to be funny when he came in with something whacky but his character has been a letdown for the past few seasons mainly because he went from that one creepy friend to a guy in love. Marshall was pretty irrelevant in that episode. Though I liked the Ted/Lily bit....the episode ended on a bad note with that Robin/Ted thing being rehashed again....eugh is that really necessary?

Sitcoms are not known for their plots but it made no sense how the episode progressed as normal and then all of a sudden Barney confronts Ted with that line at the end, it was quite unnatural.

That new show We Are Men is a drag and 2 Broke Girls usually sucks so hopefully the new episode of Mom will be good, that sitcom has some potential at least.

Old
09-30-2013, 11:13 PM
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

I agree that Barney being in love killed the character

This is not the Barney we like

And lol at that Leafs joke

Old
09-30-2013, 11:14 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

For any other red blooded (North) American male: Cynthia Murell.

Old
09-30-2013, 11:44 PM
M.C.G. 31
SHUT UP, TOM!!!

vCash: 114
Sounds like a good episode for my DVR to **** up on recording...

Old
09-30-2013, 11:55 PM
Ozz

Ho-hum

Closed Thread