HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

B.Little

Old
04-13-2014, 10:50 PM
Whizar
#KeepTheSenate

vCash: 500
B.Little

What would it take to get him from the jets.
I was thinking a deal around him and spezza could be made with pieces other pieces being exchanged.

Whizar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 10:54 PM
JetsHomer

Unless the other piece is Zibanejad I don't see any reason for the Jets to trade Little.

JetsHomer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 10:56 PM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Why do the a Jets deal Little? (Ans. there is none).

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 10:59 PM
RastaRockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsHomer View Post
Unless the other piece is Zibanejad I don't see any reason for the Jets to trade Little.
Spezza + Zibby seems like overkill

RastaRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 11:06 PM
Whizar
#KeepTheSenate

Spezza, Cowen and Anderson for Little, Buff and Pavs? This addresses needs for both teams no ?

Maybe change pavs to something else

I think Spezza could recapture his PPG form from two years ago with the wingers Winnipeg has at their disposal. I personally am a huge fan of Anderson and wouldnt mind taking the goalies out completely but i think the difference in value between Anderson and Pavs evens out the difference between Cowen and buff.

Even if the value is off i see Winnipeg being interested in making a move for spezza this summer. Which makes me think.
Schiefle + 2015 1st + 2014 1st for Spezza + Anderson both extended

Ladd-Spezza-Wheeler
kane-Little-Frolik would be a deadly top 6 that would surely help winnipeg make the playoffs

Last edited by Whizar: 04-14-2014 at 12:05 AM.
Old
04-13-2014, 11:12 PM
Diatomic
WHAT A MOVE, SCORES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesa Awesaka View Post
Spezza, Cowen and Anderson for Little, Buff and Pavs? This addresses needs for both teams no ?
Sens add Zibanejad, but then again I'm probably one of the biggest critics of Anderson because I feel like he's not a great goalie.

Diatomic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 11:39 PM
Boreal

Spezza and his lingering injury doubt are not worth giving up our most valuable two-way forward. His age profile does not work out well with what we have going either. I do not think the Jets are all that keen on Spezza, unless of course he could be had for cheap, in which case almost every time is chomping at the bit to pay $0.75 on the dollar.

Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 11:46 PM
SensNation613

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatomic View Post
Sens add Zibanejad, but then again I'm probably one of the biggest critics of Anderson because I feel like he's not a great goalie.
I would not do the deal even without Zibanejad. If you're a big Anderson critic, I wonder how much you would criticize Pavelec.

SensNation613 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2014, 11:50 PM
Diatomic
WHAT A MOVE, SCORES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensNation613 View Post
I would not do the deal even without Zibanejad. If you're a big Anderson critic, I wonder how much you would criticize Pavelec.
Pavelec's garbage but I don't think Anderson is that big of an upgrade over him. He overachieved last season and now his numbers have come down to earth.

Diatomic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 12:02 AM
SensNation613

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatomic View Post
Pavelec's garbage but I don't think Anderson is that big of an upgrade over him. He overachieved last season and now his numbers have come down to earth.
He's a starting goalie, a pretty decent one IMO. He was incredibly bad at the start of the year and Mac wanted to show trust in him by keeping his playing time up while Lehner was burning hot. The defence has been atrocious this year too. Anderson is a clear cut upgrade over Pavelec. I'd take Spezza over Little (I know I'll get heat for it but it's true), and I think Cowen has some really raw potential and we'd end up losing the Buff-Cowen part of the trade by a lot in 3-4 years.

Old
04-14-2014, 12:09 AM
Whizar
#KeepTheSenate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensNation613 View Post
He's a starting goalie, a pretty decent one IMO. He was incredibly bad at the start of the year and Mac wanted to show trust in him by keeping his playing time up while Lehner was burning hot. The defence has been atrocious this year too. Anderson is a clear cut upgrade over Pavelec. I'd take Spezza over Little (I know I'll get heat for it but it's true), and I think Cowen has some really raw potential and we'd end up losing the Buff-Cowen part of the trade by a lot in 3-4 years.
You shouldnt get too much heat for saying Spezza>Little. In a down year spezza's put up the same number of points as little in a career year. Of course were not in a vacuum and spezza age and injuries have to be factored in.

Old
04-14-2014, 12:12 AM
JCLiponfanboy*

I would want Lazar

JCLiponfanboy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 01:45 AM
Evil Little

vCash: 1837
Quote:
You shouldnt get too much heat for saying Spezza>Little. In a down year spezza's put up the same number of points as little in a career year. Of course were not in a vacuum and spezza age and injuries have to be factored in.
Not to mention usage: Little sees amongst the toughest minutes on the Jets while Spezza looks comparatively quite sheltered.

I wouldn't do Little for Spezza. I really like Spezza though.

Evil Little is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 03:47 AM
almostawake

Little is signed for 4 more years at a 4.7M cap hit, Spezza will be a UFA next summer. Little is 4 years younger. I can't see the Jets entertaining a deal around Little and Spezza. And that is not even getting into the fact both of these players have NTCs.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 07:59 AM
SensNation613

Quote:
You know how HF board is, offense is overrated and he's garbage for not being great defensively

Old
04-14-2014, 09:02 AM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:

Maybe change pavs to something else

I think Spezza could recapture his PPG form from two years ago with the wingers Winnipeg has at their disposal. I personally am a huge fan of Anderson and wouldnt mind taking the goalies out completely but i think the difference in value between Anderson and Pavs evens out the difference between Cowen and buff.

Even if the value is off i see Winnipeg being interested in making a move for spezza this summer. Which makes me think.
Schiefle + 2015 1st + 2014 1st for Spezza + Anderson both extended

Ladd-Spezza-Wheeler
kane-Little-Frolik would be a deadly top 6 that would surely help winnipeg make the playoffs
Both of those deals are garbage for the Jets, just terrible.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 09:23 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Both of those deals are garbage for the Jets, just terrible.
Agreed, hilariously bad. My favorite is the second one, where the poster somehow suggests that a team with an oft-stated draft and develop strategy, a team currently in the process of building a young core group, should trade their 21 year-old future #1 C and a bunch of first round picks in exchange for some old guys.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 10:35 AM
tbcwpg

Spezza for Little, or a trade around those two, makes no sense at all for Winnipeg.

tbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 10:52 AM
Guerzy
I'm a raving lunatic

vCash: 69
From garret9 on the Jets board,

Here are 27 team's tough minute centres. Location denotes deployment, blue is good.

Guerzy is online now   Reply With Quote