HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 19.0 - "Allez Montreal" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2013, 03:55 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMLTH View Post
Read post above this one...

He seems to think highly of himself, always blaming everyone; The opposite of Henry who is humble and helpful (on field ONLY of course). Just watch the game tonight and watch his reaction when someone else shoots. Now I know why he couldnt stay for a team for more than 3 season before his Bologna stint, but I have nothing against him PERSONALLY.
LMAO Henry humble and helpful

Old
10-16-2013, 03:58 PM
JunglePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by NelloMello View Post
Sorry Saku, that comment was directed to PMLTH and not to you. I was a little hot under the collar when I first read his comments...
wtf

Not sure why my reaction should be,
at least we wont have pressure into finding a new striker, but not a fan of his attitude on field as well. Bet he will drop to non-DP next season by mid-year cuz a 38 yo DP Striker....

Something offensive?

Old
10-16-2013, 04:03 PM
JunglePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Im talking about his NYRB stint
Guy has 9 goals , 8 assist, IMO thats generous the guy can be top scorer if he wants to but instead he lets his other teammates shine. I know I watch NYRB games.

Old
10-16-2013, 04:16 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMLTH View Post
Im talking about his NYRB stint
Guy has 9 goals , 8 assist, IMO thats generous the guy can be top scorer if he wants to but instead he lets his other teammates shine. I know I watch NYRB games.
Henry is a much bigger diva than Di Vaio. Just because he's good on the field doesn't mean he is the opposite of Di Vaio, who, in your words, thinks highly of himself and is always blaming everyone.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/the...t-act-of-disre

Read this article.

Old
10-16-2013, 04:36 PM
gelu88

The biggest benefit of this news will be next year.

Normally players who come in during the summer play very poorly. If Di Vaio wasn't returning, we'd either choose from a weaker pool for the early season or get a poorly performing choice later on.

Now, we can get a big name player in the summer and not worry when he inevitably does not meet expectation.

He will do what he can the first 6 months, and then hopefully come back in 2015 and dominate.

Old
10-16-2013, 04:48 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 915
There's a game tonight against LA Galaxy ! Go Impact ! We can still win it. A huge interconference clash, says MLS.com

The game is even better since I know Di Vaio will be back next year.

Old
10-16-2013, 05:06 PM
JunglePete

Quote:
Henry is a much bigger diva than Di Vaio. Just because he's good on the field doesn't mean he is the opposite of Di Vaio, who, in your words, thinks highly of himself and is always blaming everyone.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/the...t-act-of-disre

Read this article.
I heard about that story, he is blaming the system and the coach lack of experience. I mean he has a right to speak his mind on this but never to my knowledge never did he try to humiliate or embarrass or even put a pressure on a teammate. Even when they fail, he is still clapping and encouraging, giving a thumb up. anywaybut i agree Henry is a bigger diva than Di Vaio

Old
10-16-2013, 06:05 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunglePete View Post
I heard about that story, he is blaming the system and the coach lack of experience. I mean he has a right to speak his mind on this but never to my knowledge never did he try to humiliate or embarrass or even put a pressure on a teammate. Even when they fail, he is still clapping and encouraging, giving a thumb up. anywaybut i agree Henry is a bigger diva than Di Vaio
You changed your username?

Old
10-16-2013, 06:17 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
TH14 is infact humble and helpful. Of course he does have his moments, who doesn't? Although I am extremely biased, just look at what he did with Peguy Luyundula. He hasn't scored a goal all season, NYRB get a Penalty with a one goal lead [I believe], and Henry lets Peguy take the Penalty . Thats pretty helpful. Can't neglect the fact that he has a way better pedigree than MdV, so that sort of helps you "accept" for his attitude [Similarly to Nesta, although we seem to be starting to get annoyed with it]

That being said, Henry is a "sore loser". He hates losing and will do anything (literally) to win, which can contribute to an attitude that most of you may find annoying. The only people Henry is cocky towards is possibly any Tottenham Hotspur fan

Back on topic for tonight: Hoping to see Blake Smith and Pisanu play. Fresh legs needed. Same with Felipe down the middle considering he didn't start vs the Revs. I'd personally start with Wenger and bring MDV in the game later on for that "Killer touch", like Schalli did against the Earthquakes and Fire IIRC

Last edited by LaurentHabs: 10-16-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Old
10-16-2013, 07:00 PM
JunglePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
You changed your username?
Yup

and Laurent said it all, dont let the off-pitch behavior fool you, he knows he is in MLS to help the development not to be MVP

Old
10-16-2013, 07:50 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
TH14 is infact humble and helpful. Of course he does have his moments, who doesn't? Although I am extremely biased, just look at what he did with Peguy Luyundula. He hasn't scored a goal all season, NYRB get a Penalty with a one goal lead [I believe], and Henry lets Peguy take the Penalty . Thats pretty helpful. Can't neglect the fact that he has a way better pedigree than MdV, so that sort of helps you "accept" for his attitude [Similarly to Nesta, although we seem to be starting to get annoyed with it]

That being said, Henry is a "sore loser". He hates losing and will do anything (literally) to win, which can contribute to an attitude that most of you may find annoying. The only people Henry is cocky towards is possibly any Tottenham Hotspur fan
Maybe he was being nice because Peguy is French?

Everytime I watch him play, his body language is worse than Di Vaio's. Even when he was back in Barcelona, everytime he wouldn't receive a pass he would be annoyed. That's Henry though, he has always been like that. But there is no way that Di Vaio's attitude is worse than Henry's. And saying that Henry's attitude is the complete opposite (as in "better") of MDV's is 100% wrong. (Not saying you said that Laurent).

Off the field? He's probably a nice guy.

Old
10-16-2013, 09:32 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:

Everytime I watch him play, his body language is worse than Di Vaio's. Even when he was back in Barcelona, everytime he wouldn't receive a pass he would be annoyed. That's Henry though, he has always been like that. But there is no way that Di Vaio's attitude is worse than Henry's. And saying that Henry's attitude is the complete opposite (as in "better") of MDV's is 100% wrong. (Not saying you said that Laurent).

Thats a possibility. But I remember him praising Juan Agudelo, calling him "The next big thing" when he was at NYRB. As for the Barca spot, you nailed it by saying "Thats Henry though". Its really the only way to explain it. And I guess you can say the same thing about Di Vaio and say "Well thats Di Vaio".

BTW, Starting XI vs LAG

GK: Bush
DEF: Tissot-Lefebre-Camara-Ouimette (**** this could turn out pretty badly, makes me think of Marsch's D vs DCUnited last year)
MF: Nyassi-Warner-Hernan-Pisanu
ST: Wenger-Di Vaio

Old
10-16-2013, 09:40 PM
ArtPeur

I'm alright with this lineup. Bernier, Ferrari, Nesta, Mapp and Felipe will have some rest for Saturday's game which will be much more important than this game. The last game we sent a bunch of young guys on the field, we also did well (it was vs. Heredia I believe)

Crépeau, Del Piccolo, Messoudi, Felipe, Bernier, Romero as subs

Old
10-16-2013, 09:41 PM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
Quote:
Thats a possibility. But I remember him praising Juan Agudelo, calling him "The next big thing" when he was at NYRB. As for the Barca spot, you nailed it by saying "Thats Henry though". Its really the only way to explain it. And I guess you can say the same thing about Di Vaio and say "Well thats Di Vaio".

BTW, Starting XI vs LAG

DEF: Tissot-Lefebre-Camara-Ouimette (**** this could turn out pretty badly, makes me think of Marsch's D vs DCUnited last year)
good thing that the playoffs are already clinched

Old
10-16-2013, 09:42 PM
pine*

Let my first post here show

#FreeBlakeSmith

Old
10-16-2013, 09:54 PM
ArtPeur

I like Smith but he didn't bring much in his last few appearances on the field sadly.. though the team was bad in all those games.

Old
10-16-2013, 10:08 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:

BTW, Starting XI vs LAG

What the ****?

Old
10-16-2013, 10:21 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
What the ****?
MDV is going to have a fun evening hahaha

Old
10-16-2013, 10:22 PM
JunglePete

Quote:

Annoyed ? More like disappointed ? Thats more MDV ure describing, anyway enough with the comparison what I was trying to tell is Henry is more encouraging than MDV.

For the line-up, I read somewhere that LAG are without Gonzalez, Donovan and Keane. Their goalie also, so we compete against the average former Tottenham gk.

Old
10-16-2013, 10:31 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Glad to see you're all optimistic about the game! See you all at halftime

Old
10-16-2013, 10:42 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
MDV is going to have a fun evening hahaha
He's already *****ing.

Old
10-16-2013, 10:45 PM
gelu88

Man, every Wenger whiff is really gonna hurt with this lineup...

Old
10-16-2013, 10:52 PM
gelu88

Wenger

Old
10-16-2013, 10:52 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Geez... Wenger sucks so bad. A striker that can't strike...

Old
10-16-2013, 10:54 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Are you guys taking note of the body language on the field?

Closed Thread