HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 19.0 - "Allez Montreal" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2013, 08:54 AM
Pierre Dagenais
pissening

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
This. If they wanted a 35 (actually 36) year old Striker, I know one that would come on loan ASAP Bit off topic, but just got my Ozil shirt shipped in today, adding to my collection Any of you guys got some/collection kits as well? If so show me some pics please! I'm personally trying to get one from every city I visit

http://i.imgur.com/s58x3Frl.png
Wonder why the top right jersey is turned around

I have a Zidane France jersey from WC2006. Also have a Michael Owen Real Madrid one from way back. Where do you get your jerseys? I'm looking for a RM or possibly Spurs one.

Old
10-22-2013, 12:51 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
I have many soccer shirts: 6 Impact (white blank, practice black, Di Vaio LS white, Brovsky white, Nesta LS blue and blank third) ones, 4 Real Madrid (2012/13 white Ozil, 2012/13 green Varane, 2013/14 white LS Bale, 2012/13 away kit with my own name and number, I use it when I play), 2 France (2010 blue no name, 2010 white Ribery, one more on the way, blue 2013 Debuchy) and 1 Arsenal (Ozil, red). Will probably ads an Isco one next year, I don't like this year's away and third kits.
I wanted to get a France one as well this summer, but was undecided on the name + they didn't have my size. Told myself I'd just get myself one for Euro2016 when I'll probably go visit in France

@P D : You guessed right why the third one is turned to the logo side I get most of mine from the official team shop. [Online, or in person near the stadium]. I know a few online shops that sell relatively "cheap" though if you want

Last edited by LaurentHabs: 10-22-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old
10-22-2013, 01:03 PM
MTLAzzurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelu88 View Post
I haven't watched any CH24 but i've seen all the HBO docs. They do a pretty great job emulating the sideline perspective and experience.

Some of the CBC HNIC intro videos do a good job as well.

But yeah, it would be awesome to have more regular habs ones.

Lol. I only now realized why we haven't seen any for a while. You can't have "Behind every Win" when you don't win.
A 24ch type show with the impact would be awesome.

Old
10-22-2013, 01:24 PM
Scandale du Jour
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 2066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Wonder why the top right jersey is turned around

I have a Zidane France jersey from WC2006. Also have a Michael Owen Real Madrid one from way back. Where do you get your jerseys? I'm looking for a RM or possibly Spurs one.
I get my jerseys online via the official team-shops mostly. I got the Arsenal one via World Soccer Shop because it was too expensive on Arsenal's web site and I got my Ozil RMCF and my personalized RMCF (shorts + jersey) ones on a Chinese website - great quality for knock offs. All my Impact jerseys have been bought at the official shop at Saputo Stadium.

Old
10-22-2013, 08:28 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Confirmed: Orlando City get a MLS Team. They got great fan support

Grant Wahl ‏@GrantWahl 1m
Finally got a purple team in MLS. Expecting Orlando City in 2015 along with New York City FC.

Old
10-22-2013, 08:54 PM
Luiginho
Captain Saku

I thought Miami would get a team before Orlando. I guess they're going to join in 2016.

Did they mention who the owner is? Hope he's got deep pockets and would help grow the league.

Old
10-22-2013, 09:22 PM
Pierre Dagenais
pissening

Quote:
I get my jerseys online via the official team-shops mostly. I got the Arsenal one via World Soccer Shop because it was too expensive on Arsenal's web site and I got my Ozil RMCF and my personalized RMCF (shorts + jersey) ones on a Chinese website - great quality for knock offs. All my Impact jerseys have been bought at the official shop at Saputo Stadium.
What price range are the knockoffs? If they are great quality it's much more worth it than spending $100 on a real one.

Old
10-22-2013, 10:53 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
I thought Miami would get a team before Orlando. I guess they're going to join in 2016.

Did they mention who the owner is? Hope he's got deep pockets and would help grow the league.
Asked that to a Arsenal fan I follow on Twitter that lives in Orlando City. These were his replies throughout a conversation I had with him

Quote:
Ahmėd K ‏@AhmedKayad 24s
@Laurmayne We have a ownership group. But the main owners of the club are Phil Rawlins (@OCPres) and Flavio (@GeracaodeValor) from Brazil.

Ahmėd K ‏@AhmedKayad 26s
@Laurmayne Our brazilian owner has a huge company in Brazil called @wiseupbr it's a english institution. He's company is a WC sponsor also!

Ahmėd K ‏@AhmedKayad 1m
@Laurmayne We're not to sure how much money the ownership is willing to pour into our players since it's still a bit early. But It's fair

Ahmėd K ‏@AhmedKayad 22s
@Laurmayne We'll be competing for the best DP's. Flavio has connections with many established Brazilian players one being Kaka.
Second part means that he probably has some loaded pockets. Don't get carried away. Stan Kroenke is the Colorado Rapids owner, and they've got jack **** in big name DP's. (Kroenke is also Arsenal's owner. So you can deduct that he is the MLS' richest owner, since hes 4th richest in England)

Last edited by LaurentHabs: 10-22-2013 at 11:04 PM.
Old
10-22-2013, 11:39 PM
pine*

Yo is anyone going to Toronto with the Ultras on Saturday?

Old
10-22-2013, 11:46 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Unless I'm missing something, he's not the richest in MLS. Phil Anschutz, Red Bull/Dietrich Mateschitz, Paul Allen (Sounders) come to mind.

Old
10-22-2013, 11:49 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Unless I'm missing something, he's not the richest in MLS. Phil Anschutz, Red Bull/Dietrich Mateschitz, Paul Allen (Sounders) come to mind.
Kroenke? Or these new Orlando owners? For Kroenke I was just taking an educated guess. Since hes the 4th richest behind the likes of the Seikh & Abrahmovich in England, I basically deducted that he probably was the richest in the MLS as well. Wheather it is true or not, I have no clue. I don't know much about MLS' ownerships.

Old
10-23-2013, 12:01 AM
Scandale du Jour
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
What price range are the knockoffs? If they are great quality it's much more worth it than spending $100 on a real one.
Depends on the sites. Goes from 20$ to 50$. The pricier sites usually include shipping in the price, not the cheapest ones. So, in the end, you get your jersey for about 40$ on average. The only problem I had with my personalized RMCF away kit is the "La Liga"-patch size. I guess, just like hockey jerseys, quality varies depending on the sites.

The ones I used to order my jerseys are now closed (these sites open and close all the time), but you can find one pretty easily. They usually don't have a great selection and there is always the chance that the customs block your package. It never happened to me, but it does happen.

I was fortunate with my purchases, but I prefer to pay 60$ more and get the real thing. I would do the same for hockey jerseys if the prices weren't completely ridiculous. I prefer getting a knock off that only people that REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY pay attention will notice is fake than to pay 400$ for a Canadian-made authentic - knock offs look better and are more resistent to the time than the "Premier" replica crap they sell for 150$+. For soccer jerseys, now that I can afford the real thing, I buy it. If there were such things as Impact knock offs, I would never buy because I am a season ticket holder. Ripping off RMCF won't hinder their ability to get players like Bale for 100M euros haha.

Old
10-23-2013, 12:07 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Kroenke? Or these new Orlando owners? For Kroenke I was just taking an educated guess. Since hes the 4th richest behind the likes of the Seikh & Abrahmovich in England, I basically deducted that he probably was the richest in the MLS as well. Wheather it is true or not, I have no clue. I don't know much about MLS' ownerships.
Kroenke. I'm just saying. But like you said, a lot of MLS owners have these clubs in hope it brings money but they're reluctant to invest. Bob Kraft and the Revs come to mind. Then you have owners like Saputo, Paulson, the Sounders quartet, that treat their clubs like their babies.

Old
10-23-2013, 12:22 AM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Kroenke. I'm just saying. But like you said, a lot of MLS owners have these clubs in hope it brings money but they're reluctant to invest. Bob Kraft and the Revs come to mind. Then you have owners like Saputo, Paulson, the Sounders quartet, that treat their clubs like their babies.
Yeah. I personally agree that the owners like Saputo, Paulson are the best. I hate superficial owners that just use the team as a potential source of revenue [Like the Krafts, as you said]. You just get that feeling with the fans that some owners are closer to the teams than others. It shows in the stands, and on the pitch. An example of this is RSL. I don't know who their owner is, but by the type of fanbase they have and on field product, I can almost guarantee it isn't someone like Kroenke, Kraft, etc..

Old
10-23-2013, 02:05 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/56...-lake.html.csp

Old
10-23-2013, 04:31 AM
gelu88

I go to ebay for most of my stuff. I got a Expo's and Habs hats for $20 each, and a nicely made, climacool material blank Germany Jersey(the one with 3 thin diagonal lines) for $30. Shipping included for all.

I also got a Black impact Polo off the official MLS store during a half price clearance sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pine View Post
Yo is anyone going to Toronto with the Ultras on Saturday?
I live in TO now, so i'm going locally.

I was planning to get tickets with the Ultras. In addition to being awesome, it's $25 as opposed to $51 via TM

But i ended up inviting 3 local teenage cousins who never went to a soccer game before. It would be irresponsible to go with the Ultras with them, so I got Stubhub tickets to section 220, 1/4 way along the upper deck $40 each fees included.

My view is pretty much identical to the cameras, so it should be pretty sweet.

One good thing about living here now is the Voyageurs. I wanted to watch the Canada U17 team play in Dubai. So I went down to a local pub at 9am and watched the game with a half dozen guys, including most of the staff of Canadiansoccernews.com

It was really great, though I tried not to bring up Impact/TFC much, It didn't serve any purpose.

Last edited by gelu88: 10-23-2013 at 04:41 AM.
Old
10-23-2013, 05:40 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelu88 View Post
I go to ebay for most of my stuff. I got a Expo's and Habs hats for $20 each, and a nicely made, climacool material blank Germany Jersey(the one with 3 thin diagonal lines) for $30. Shipping included for all.

I also got a Black impact Polo off the official MLS store during a half price clearance sale.

I live in TO now, so i'm going locally.

I was planning to get tickets with the Ultras. In addition to being awesome, it's $25 as opposed to $51 via TM

But i ended up inviting 3 local teenage cousins who never went to a soccer game before. It would be irresponsible to go with the Ultras with them, so I got Stubhub tickets to section 220, 1/4 way along the upper deck $40 each fees included.

My view is pretty much identical to the cameras, so it should be pretty sweet.

One good thing about living here now is the Voyageurs. I wanted to watch the Canada U17 team play in Dubai. So I went down to a local pub at 9am and watched the game with a half dozen guys, including most of the staff of Canadiansoccernews.com

It was really great, though I tried not to bring up Impact/TFC much, It didn't serve any purpose.
Au contraire, you should constantly remind them how much TFC sucks.

Old
10-23-2013, 09:16 AM
gelu88

Quote:
Au contraire, you should constantly remind them how much TFC sucks.
Meh, as a proud supporter of Canadian soccer (for the little that's worth) I support the Voyageurs. The last thing I want to do as a newcomer and outsider is kick them when they are down.

As time passes and get to know them, i'll S*it talk more.

Old
10-23-2013, 12:03 PM
gelu88

Jason deVos has a nice bio on Nesta:

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=434818

Just a feeling, but for this weekend I really have a feeling that all the teams fighting are going to lose.

I can seriously see us ending in 3rd or 4th where everyone except maybe one team drops their game.

The is the tightest weekend in league history, either way should be fun.

Old
10-24-2013, 06:30 AM
brec7

Quote:

I was fortunate with my purchases, but I prefer to pay 60$ more and get the real thing. I would do the same for hockey jerseys if the prices weren't completely ridiculous. I prefer getting a knock off that only people that REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY pay attention will notice is fake than to pay 400$ for a Canadian-made authentic - knock offs look better and are more resistent to the time than the "Premier" replica crap they sell for 150$+. For soccer jerseys, now that I can afford the real thing, I buy it. If there were such things as Impact knock offs, I would never buy because I am a season ticket holder. Ripping off RMCF won't hinder their ability to get players like Bale for 100M euros haha.
Maybe it's because I haven't been watching soccer as long, but I find the soccer knockoffs are much closer to the real thing than hockey knockoffs. I've seen some pretty terrible hockey knockoff jerseys. I have two Liverpool knockoffs from jerseybbc and they're great... with one exception being the Premier League patch seems to fade when you wash the shirt. You can get away with not washing it much though, and it may be my fault for not washing inside out (don't know if that makes a difference, I will try if I buy a new one). I got them for about 25 bucks if I recall correctly, part of a group purchase to get a shipping discount. That site takes forever to produce new stuff sometimes though.... they still don't have any of Liverpool's 13-14 kits (but they do have Everton's for some reason )

Don't have any Impact tops but I do have a hat that a friend bought for me, I can't remember where (somewhere in Halifax) for about 25 bucks. Had to make sure I had something with that beautiful shield crest on it.

Quote:
Confirmed: Orlando City get a MLS Team. They got great fan support
Nice vid- another good group of supporters in MLS! The atmosphere has come a long way in a few years.

Old
10-24-2013, 12:40 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Sounds like Brovsky should be good to go on Saturday.

Old
10-24-2013, 03:14 PM
Scandale du Jour
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside Habs Fan View Post
Sounds like Brovsky should be good to go on Saturday.
Good, but I'm not sure I don't prefer Ouimette/Tissot's superior offensive game for a game like this. Maybe start Brovsky and take him out if we need a goal towards the end.

Old
10-24-2013, 03:31 PM
Luiginho
Captain Saku

Quote:
Good, but I'm not sure I don't prefer Ouimette/Tissot's superior offensive game for a game like this. Maybe start Brovsky and take him out if we need a goal towards the end.
Nesta will be out. So I assume brovsky will play LB, Ouimette RB and Camara CB.

I dont like when Camara plays CB because our transition game sucks. Our best 2 defensemen to start building up an attack are nesta and Lefevre. Camara and Ferrari are below average in that department.

Old
10-24-2013, 03:35 PM
Scandale du Jour
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Nesta will be out. So I assume brovsky will play LB, Ouimette RB and Camara CB.

I dont like when Camara plays CB because our transition game sucks. Our best 2 defensemen to start building up an attack are nesta and Lefevre. Camara and Ferrari are below average in that department.
You are probably right, but just like you, I'd prefer to see Camara as a RB.

I'd start the game with Brovsky, Ferrari, Levčfre and Camara and bring in either Ouimette or Tissot if we need a goal late. Levčfre has been the best out of the Academy players and I feel safer with him defending than with either Ouimette or Tissot.

Old
10-24-2013, 03:47 PM
gelu88

All I have to say is... LOL

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/new...rivas-progress

Closed Thread