HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 19.0 - "Allez Montreal" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2013, 04:12 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
He's our Greg Oden.

Old
10-24-2013, 05:50 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Sad part is that hes actually a monster. Exactly the type of defender we missing. Wouldn't be surprised if next year Camara-Ferrari-Lefèvre and Rivas are our 4 CB's, Zarek back rotating at RB with Hassoun.

Just for fun, imagine Aurelien Collin and Nelson Rivas together.. Not even Steven Lenhart would have the balls to challange them lol

Old
10-24-2013, 05:52 PM
Captain Saku

Laurent, did you forget that we have Lopez?

For me Rivas should never play again, not that he isn't good but we really need to look forward and stop wasting our time with him.

Old
10-24-2013, 06:02 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Laurent, did you forget that we have Lopez?

For me Rivas should never play again, not that he isn't good but we really need to look forward and stop wasting our time with him.
Yes I did . Well now. Looks like Camara will probably stay RB full time next season. Was having all these thoughts cause I read a Zarek Valentin article on TVA about his supposedly great form in Norway. Was a regular starter for his team that got promoted to D1. (Yes I still do have a soft spot for him)
http://tvasports.ca/soccer/impact/va...enait-23102013

As for Rivas, its a bit too late to say he should never play again. We spent all this time rehabbing him, its only logical that he will be given another chance. If injured, He knows, and the Impact knows that its over. Real question is, if Nesta is out for long, and Rivas is healthy, who plays alongside Matteo for the playoffs? Wandrille or Rivas? Recent form says Wandrille hands down.. But on paper should be Rivas

Old
10-25-2013, 08:00 AM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Yes I did . Well now. Looks like Camara will probably stay RB full time next season. Was having all these thoughts cause I read a Zarek Valentin article on TVA about his supposedly great form in Norway. Was a regular starter for his team that got promoted to D1. (Yes I still do have a soft spot for him)
http://tvasports.ca/soccer/impact/va...enait-23102013

As for Rivas, its a bit too late to say he should never play again. We spent all this time rehabbing him, its only logical that he will be given another chance. If injured, He knows, and the Impact knows that its over. Real question is, if Nesta is out for long, and Rivas is healthy, who plays alongside Matteo for the playoffs? Wandrille or Rivas? Recent form says Wandrille hands down.. But on paper should be Rivas
Do you know if there are still reserves games left to play? If yes I'd play Rivas in one of the reserves games then go from there. It's a bit risky to play him a playoff game, but Rivas is a monster, he's got to play if he's healthy.

Old
10-25-2013, 05:55 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

We're being linked with Gilardino in Italy. His representative will be in Toronto to watch the game tomorrow. Same this with Quagriaella, who shares representatives with Gilardino

Old
10-25-2013, 05:57 PM
pine*

Quote:
We're being linked with Gilardino in Italy. His representative will be in Toronto to watch the game tomorrow. Same this with Quagriaella, who shares representatives with Gilardino
You're the expert here, what do you think of these players? Looking quickly, Gilardino has decent stats in Serie A, and he's only 31. Is he a good fit?

Old
10-25-2013, 05:58 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
It's actually Toronto that's linked with Gilardino. They've been targeting him for a while.

Old
10-25-2013, 05:58 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pine View Post
You're the expert here, what do you think of these players? Looking quickly, Gilardino has decent stats in Serie A, and he's only 31. Is he a good fit?
I don't know much about Serie A. Capt.Saku is a Juve fan so he'll be able to give you a nice scouting report on Fabio Quagliarella. I personally prefer him over Gilardino by far. More mobile and "all around". Sort of like Robbie Keane. IIRC, before Tevez and Llorente arrived, Quagliarella had a pretty important role in Juve last season, which is attractive. Now I tend to believe that hes playing a more "secondary role" with Juve's new signings

Last edited by LaurentHabs: 10-25-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Old
10-25-2013, 06:02 PM
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
It's actually Toronto that's linked with Gilardino. They've been targeting him for a while.
I also remember Nesta being linked with TFC a few years back...

Old
10-25-2013, 06:04 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
I thought that as well, but saw this Tweet from an Italian journalist
Nicolò Schira ‏@NicoSchira 1h
#Montreal ha fatto un'offerta al #Genoa per #Gilardino: #Preziosi tentato ma Gila vorrebbe finire campionato in #Italia. Alternativa Bianchi

Something along the lines of "Montreal made an offer to Genoa for Gilardino. [Something] finish the season in Italy. Alternative is Bianchi (Another Striker that plays for Bologna.)

Here's the link confirming Quagliarella's involvement as well --> http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/calc...ent-is-in-usa/
Quote:
Beppe Bozzo, the agent for both players, is in the United States to talk to various clubs. There is the intent to purchase them in January, and to conclude the transfers in June. Bozzo is currently in New York City (in the photos, from Twitter account @Agb_Sport, with MLS Vice President, J.Todd Durbin and his staff in the offices at 5th Avenue in NY), and tomorrow will go to Toronto to assist at the match against Montreal. Former Inter coach Stramaccioni could also move to the MLS.

Old
10-25-2013, 06:17 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
I thought that as well, but saw this Tweet from an Italian journalist
Nicolò Schira ‏@NicoSchira 1h
#Montreal ha fatto un'offerta al #Genoa per #Gilardino: #Preziosi tentato ma Gila vorrebbe finire campionato in #Italia. Alternativa Bianchi

Something along the lines of "Montreal made an offer to Genoa for Gilardino. [Something] finish the season in Italy. Alternative is Bianchi (Another Striker that plays for Bologna.)

Here's the link confirming Quagliarella's involvement as well --> http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/calc...ent-is-in-usa/
Never heard of Nicolo Schira.. is he legit?

Old
10-25-2013, 06:18 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Never heard of Nicolo Schira.. is he legit?
Ive heard about him as much as you have. One thing is sure, Gilardino & Quagliarella's agent really went to the MLS' offices to talk some transfer possibilities

Old
10-25-2013, 06:36 PM
Captain Saku

Quagliarella is a warrior, would definitely like to have him here. In fact, IMO Quags is a bigger name than Di Vaio but Di Vaio is a smarter player. Quags is known to be the master of spectacular goals, he would definitely not be able to play until his late 30s though.

Gilardino is a good Serie A striker, he's more of a Paponi type. He used to be a regular with the italian national team, even if he's still relatively young he's regressed lately but he's still a good player, definitely a lot better than Paponi.

I'm not sure they should be our priority though, both would command DP money no doubt about it. I would look first for a midfielder and/or a winger.

Old
10-25-2013, 06:40 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
Ive heard about him as much as you have. One thing is sure, Gilardino & Quagliarella's agent really went to the MLS' offices to talk some transfer possibilities
Found another article here:

Quote:
"Bozzo negli Usa? L'avvocato Bozzo è negli Stati Uniti perchè ci sono delle possibilità: c'è una squadra che cerca assolutamente un giocatore italiano, la squadra di Toronto. Il nuovo big manager Toronto, Tim Leiweke, che era il manager che ha portato Beckham ai Los Angeles Galaxy, adesso vuole due giocatori particolari a Toronto: un greco e un italiano, perchè ci sono le due comunità. Il greco l'ha già preso ed è Samaras del Celtic che mi risulta abbia già firmato. Mentre ci sono dei forti rumors per Gilardino e Quagliarella. Ci sono già stati degli incontri. Credo che i responsabili dell'Mls, Lino DiCuollo in particolare, che è la persona che si occupa dei contratti, abbia già incontrato i dirigenti del Genoa. Stanno cercando di portare negli Stati Uniti uno tra Quagliarella, Gilardino e si parla anche di Ronaldo Bianchi".
http://www.tuttojuve.com/calciomerca...ncontri-161784

Translation:

(Beppe) Bozzo in the USA? Bozzo is in the United States because there are possibilities: a team who is in search of an Italian player, the team is Toronto. The new "big manager" of Toronto, Tim Lieweke, who was the manager that brought Beckham to Los Angeles, now wants two particular players for Toronto: an Italian and a Greek. The Greek player is reportedly Georgios Samaras of Celtic, who I am told has already signed (with Toronto). Then there is the rumour of Gilardino and Quagliarella. There has already been some meetings. Lino DiCuollo, who is responsible of working out contracts, has already had a meeting with Genoa's management team. They are trying to bring over one of Quagliarella, Gilardino, or Ronaldo Bianchi.

This is all according to Fabio Parisi, who is a FIFA agent.

Last edited by PyrettaBlaze: 10-25-2013 at 10:37 PM.
Old
10-25-2013, 10:14 PM
JunglePete

Quote:
Found another article here:

http://www.tuttojuve.com/calciomerca...ncontri-161784

Translation:

(Beppe) Bozzo in the USA? Bozzo is in the United States because there are possibilities: a team who is in search of an Italian player, the team is Toronto. The new "big manager" of Toronto, Tim Lieweke, who was the manager that brought Beckham to Los Angeles, now wants two particular players for Toronto: an Italian and a Greek. The Greek player is reportedly Georgios Samaras of Celtic, who I am told has already signed (with Toronto). Then there is the rumour of Gilardino and Quagliarella. There has already been some meetings. Lino DiCuollo, who is responsible of working out contracts, has already had a meeting with Genoa's management team. They are trying to bring over one of Quagliarella, Gilardino, or Ronaldo Bianchi.

This is all according to Fabio Parisi, who is a FIFA agent.
Ronaldo Bianchi
seems legit to me

Used to be a fan of Gilardino, but Im against him coming over here, if he doesnt get decent balls he wont score and yep he is similar to Paponi

Old
10-26-2013, 11:21 AM
Captain Saku

Be insports website crashed on the classico game

Old
10-26-2013, 11:47 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Works for me

Old
10-26-2013, 11:52 AM
pine*

Praise the lord for beinsportsplay... Iniesta is a ****ing wizard.

Old
10-26-2013, 12:51 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Saw some people on twitter complain, it was flawless HD quality for me

Old
10-26-2013, 12:55 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Saw some people on twitter complain, it was flawless HD quality for me
It worked starting from late 1st half.

I never liked the classicos, both teams always play average, a lot of divings and complains. This one was no different. Glad Barcelona won though.

Old
10-26-2013, 02:01 PM
PyrettaBlaze

@impactmontreal:
XI #IMFC vs @torontofc | Perkins; Ouimette, Lefèvre, Ferrari, Camara; Arnaud (C), Felipe, Bernardello, Mapp; Wenger, Di Vaio #IMFClive

@impactmontreal:
Subs #IMFC vs @torontofc | Bush, Tissot, Brovsky, Warner, Romero, Nyassi, Pisanu #IMFClive

Old
10-26-2013, 02:19 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 1012
Not sure I like the 4-4-2 and quite frankly, based on last week, I might have started Pisanu ahead of Arnaudm

Old
10-26-2013, 02:19 PM
JunglePete

Quote:
@impactmontreal:
XI #IMFC vs @torontofc | Perkins; Ouimette, Lefèvre, Ferrari, Camara; Arnaud (C), Felipe, Bernardello, Mapp; Wenger, Di Vaio #IMFClive

@impactmontreal:
Subs #IMFC vs @torontofc | Bush, Tissot, Brovsky, Warner, Romero, Nyassi, Pisanu #IMFClive
Could not be better

Old
10-26-2013, 02:28 PM
PyrettaBlaze

****.. I have a really bad feeling for some reason.

Closed Thread