HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alvarez-Mayweather

Old
09-14-2013, 11:53 PM
danyhabsfan

vCash: 500
Alvarez-Mayweather

Good streaming available?

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 01:27 AM
NewHabsEra*

ATDee.net

Put this link in your fav..

Another flawless showing by Maywheather who was just too fast for Canello.. Canello is one of my favorite boxers pounds per pounds, he tried his best but thats what happen when a superstar face a living legend.. Most of the rounds were close enough IMO but unfortunately for Alvarez, that was a very inspired Maywheather in the ring tonight that made basically no mistake all the fight long.. I dont know who is the judge that gave a 114-114 scorecard but he smoked some good stuff..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 01:49 AM
Big Lurk

basically, but at 23 to be in the ring with mayweather is quite a feat

hats off to alvarez!

Big Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 01:54 AM
Stripper

Walk in the park.

Stripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 02:25 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
ATDee.net

Put this link in your fav..

Another flawless showing by Maywheather who was just too fast for Canello.. Canello is one of my favorite boxers pounds per pounds, he tried his best but thats what happen when a superstar face a living legend.. Most of the rounds were close enough IMO but unfortunately for Alvarez, that was a very inspired Maywheather in the ring tonight that made basically no mistake all the fight long.. I dont know who is the judge that gave a 114-114 scorecard but he smoked some good stuff..
its probably a guy who is just as tired as I am to see mayweather play hide and seek and score points on defensive jabs. If you watched the fight, It could have gone a different way (on score) if you consider that the attacking boxer missed 2-3 shots before landing one. If you know anything about boxing, mayweather performed well defensively but turned what could have been the fight of the year into a cocky, humiliating and unsportsmanlike confrontation.

... about his contract with HBO, they are upset with him not taking the pac fight and forced Alvarez on him because he kept picking push overs. Alvarez was 42-0 at 23 years old and gave him a good fight. boxing being scored the way it is, mayweather won, but there has to be some acknowledgement that mayweather is not half as great as people say he is. he turns a great sport into a war of words, notoriety and cockiness.

Roy jones could have boxed that way. he decided to go all out. more or less same abilities ... but one clearly hyped boxing and made it fun to watch.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 03:23 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

that ********* is a force of nature

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 05:25 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
its probably a guy who is just as tired as I am to see mayweather play hide and seek and score points on defensive jabs. If you watched the fight, It could have gone a different way (on score) if you consider that the attacking boxer missed 2-3 shots before landing one. If you know anything about boxing, mayweather performed well defensively but turned what could have been the fight of the year into a cocky, humiliating and unsportsmanlike confrontation.

... about his contract with HBO, they are upset with him not taking the pac fight and forced Alvarez on him because he kept picking push overs. Alvarez was 42-0 at 23 years old and gave him a good fight. boxing being scored the way it is, mayweather won, but there has to be some acknowledgement that mayweather is not half as great as people say he is. he turns a great sport into a war of words, notoriety and cockiness.

Roy jones could have boxed that way. he decided to go all out. more or less same abilities ... but one clearly hyped boxing and made it fun to watch.
Completely agree!

Mayweather will end up being the most overrated boxer of all time.......next to Mike Tyson who never beat a heavyweight worthy of being a champion.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 09:47 AM
Dada

Maybe PAcman can do something...

Dada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 09:58 AM
Bask
Embellishing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
mayweather performed well defensively but turned what could have been the fight of the year into a cocky, humiliating and unsportsmanlike confrontation.
why? he's a defensive god, he does his thing and wins 45 times in a row. It might be boring for the fans, but I don't think he sees any reason to get in and go crazy, he's using his best tools and he's doing it well

St-Pierre gets the exact same complaints, yet he's the greatest fighter in the UFC

to bring it back to hockey : Lemaire's trap was godlike, and it was also boring as hell

Bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 10:14 AM
Dada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
why? he's a defensive god, he does his thing and wins 45 times in a row. It might be boring for the fans, but I don't think he sees any reason to get in and go crazy, he's using his best tools and he's doing it well

St-Pierre gets the exact same complaints, yet he's the greatest fighter in the UFC

to bring it back to hockey : Lemaire's trap was godlike, and it was also boring as hell
except he never wanted to fight Pacquiao in his prime, kind of cherrypicking.

still a good performance

Dada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 10:31 AM
FazChenyuk

Im not a big boxing fan but that was a boring fight a bit but good punches were thrown at times. I like boxers such as Roy Jones JR and Stevenson,they come to fight and get knockouts. Bute is overrated for example, his first real challenge was vs Froch and he got destroyed. I am not saying Mayweather isn't good but I find him a bit overrated.

FazChenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 12:06 PM
Swarez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dada View Post
except he never wanted to fight Pacquiao in his prime, kind of cherrypicking.

still a good performance
Didn't he say if he had Olympic drug testing done he would have fought him and Pacquiao declined?

Swarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 12:40 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Completely agree!

Mayweather will end up being the most overrated boxer of all time.......next to Mike Tyson who never beat a heavyweight worthy of being a champion.
Alvarez Cotto Marquez De La Hoya Mosley ect ect... ALL WINS... Overrated lol what a joke, you just proved you know nothing about this sport.. If you meant unspectacular then I would understand since he isnt a KO machine but he does exactly what he has to do to win fights using his smart and lightning speed.. You cant hit what you dont see and Maywheather is just too smart and fast for his opponents, I personally learned to appreciate Maywheather's boxing style but I can understand some boxing fans dreaming of the day he fails, a day that may never happens..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 09-15-2013 at 01:05 PM.
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 12:47 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by FazChenyuk View Post
Im not a big boxing fan but that was a boring fight a bit but good punches were thrown at times. I like boxers such as Roy Jones JR and Stevenson,they come to fight and get knockouts. Bute is overrated for example, his first real challenge was vs Froch and he got destroyed. I am not saying Mayweather isn't good but I find him a bit overrated.
He's one of the best, if anything he's underrated (not that would be possible )

But yea, his fights are boring because he's one of the best defensive boxers to step into the ring, and he takes no chances/risks, so you wont see anything "entertaining" in his fights.

It's like watching GSP fights, extremely skilled/technical fights but always a snoozefest.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 02:30 PM
snakeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
He's one of the best, if anything he's underrated (not that would be possible )

But yea, his fights are boring because he's one of the best defensive boxers to step into the ring, and he takes no chances/risks, so you wont see anything "entertaining" in his fights.

It's like watching GSP fights, extremely skilled/technical fights but always a snoozefest.
Except that ufc is a much more complex sport and it's easier to appreciate the diversity of techniques and fight strategies, compared to boxing, which literally can be a snooze fest.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 03:19 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
Except that ufc is a much more complex sport and it's easier to appreciate the diversity of techniques and fight strategies, compared to boxing, which literally can be a snooze fest.
This argument of appreciating techniques and strategy is a bit overblown, at some point it's mainly two guys trying to knock out or strangle each others.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 03:24 PM

Mayweather is living the perfect life. So jealous.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 03:36 PM
sansabri
au-delà du délai

Quote:
Completely agree!

lol @ Mayweather and Tyson being overrated. Tyson made some great fighters look like amateurs. all you can blame him for is making the mistake of trusting Don King and going for easy money fights.

they are legends. there's no other way around it.

sansabri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 04:09 PM
Binary Code
How do I change that

vCash: 50

That should be enough.

Binary Code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 04:48 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
lol @ Mayweather and Tyson being overrated. Tyson made some great fighters look like amateurs. all you can blame him for is making the mistake of trusting Don King and going for easy money fights.

they are legends. there's no other way around it.
Care to name any great fighters that Tyson defeated while they were anywhere close to their prime.........you won't find a single one.

He would have bee a punching bag for the Ali's, Frazier's, Foreman's of the world in their prime.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 04:53 PM
Jamie Thomas

vCash: 50
That picture is gonna make me puke

Jamie Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 04:56 PM
xposbrad

You know you're an amazing boxer when The Biebster is hanging in your room prefight

http://instagram.com/p/eQ_6Wpgvvv

Last edited by xposbrad: 09-15-2013 at 05:03 PM.
xposbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 05:36 PM
sansabri
au-delà du délai

Quote:
Care to name any great fighters that Tyson defeated while they were anywhere close to their prime.........you won't find a single one.

He would have bee a punching bag for the Ali's, Frazier's, Foreman's of the world in their prime.
those are excuses. Spinks, Smith were great fighters in their own right.

Tyson destroyed heavyweights who were all 4-5 inches taller ( add in the reach adv. they had ) than him.

his defensive skills alone would have made sure he could have kept up with the other greats before him. no way would he have been a punching bad.

sansabri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 05:46 PM
Connor McJesus
Praise

To witness non-fighting sports people discuss fighting sports is painful.

Connor McJesus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 06:20 PM
76ftw

vCash: 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binary Code View Post

That should be enough.
Bieber-Wayne-50 and Mayweather would be fun to be in that room post fight.

I lowkey like Bieber's music and Wayne and 50 are legends.

76ftw is offline   Reply With Quote