Notices

P-B's make an appearance on the southshore Friday

Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2003, 05:52 AM
Neely4Ever

vCash: 500
P-B's make an appearance on the southshore Friday

With NESN canceling its 1st Bruins preseason game coverage on Thursday &for those in the southshore area, the P-Bruins will be playing the lock Monsters in Bridgewater, Ma. At the Ice Arena http://www.skatebia.com/ Friday, Oct. 3rd @ 7:05 p.m.Not sure about ticket prices, maybe H.G. knows?

http://www.providencebruins.com/bruin.htm

Old
09-28-2003, 06:57 AM
HockeyGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely4Ever
With NESN canceling its 1st Bruins preseason game coverage on Thursday &for those in the southshore area, the P-Bruins will be playing the lock Monsters in Bridgewater, Ma. At the Ice Arena http://www.skatebia.com/ Friday, Oct. 3rd @ 7:05 p.m.Not sure about ticket prices, maybe H.G. knows?

http://www.providencebruins.com/bruin.htm
I don't know the ticket prices for that particular game, but the game I went to on Friday night in Marlborough was $10/ticket, and the one I'm going to today (in Stoneham) is $7/ticket. I imagine the Bridgewater Arena will charge somewhere in that vicinity as well.

Friday night's game against the Hartford Wolf Pack ended in a 2-2 tie. Peter Hamerlik played the entirety of the game... was kinda surprised Scott Gordon didn't put Tim Thomas in there for the latter half of the game. The Wolf Pack tied it up with 4.6 seconds left in regulation. Thankfully, the P-Bruins beat the Wolf Pack last night, 4-2, when they played another game at some arena in Cromwell, CT (I didn't go to that game, so I don't know the arena details and such). This afternoon's game (starting at 5pm) will be at the Stoneham Ice Arena, against the Lowell Lock Monsters.

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!
Old
09-28-2003, 11:25 AM
Neely4Ever

Thanks for that info., H.G..........appreciated!
I'll post again for anyone in my area whose interested in prices if I find out.
I hope Hannu is in net ..I'd like to see this guy in person after reading so many good posts. Isn't Arters Irbe playing for lowell? Thought I read he was shipped down to the minors while hoping the 'Canes trade him.

Old
09-28-2003, 04:28 PM
HockeyGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely4Ever
Thanks for that info., H.G..........appreciated!
I'll post again for anyone in my area whose interested in prices if I find out.
I hope Hannu is in net ..I'd like to see this guy in person after reading so many good posts. Isn't Arters Irbe playing for lowell? Thought I read he was shipped down to the minors while hoping the 'Canes trade him.
Hannu was in net today for the P-Bruins/Lock Monsters game. Unfortunately, he had NO ONE actually playing in front of him. The P-Bruins lost, 2-1, but no fault can be placed on Hannu. He stood on his head soooooooooooooo many times throughout the game. His skaters left him out to dry for the full 60 minutes. Many of the players who played today were P-Bruins camp invites and are likely to be cut loose tonight or tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see how Hannu does with a team made up of P-Bruins regulars in front of him. Ed Campbell was the only veteran player in the line-up on defense. He kept trying to do too much and ended up taking a few really boneheaded penalties at various times during the game.

The ice at the Stoneham Arena was pretty bad. The puck was bouncing all over the place, even on fresh ice. I don't think I've ever seen players falling all over themselves and each other as much as I did today.

If Irbe is playing for Lowell, there was hide nor hair of him at the Stoneham Arena today. Rob Zepp and (can't remember his first name) Boisclair shared the netminding for the Lock Monsters.

I hope that Hannu is in net again when they play in Bridgewater. He's a hell of a goalie.

Old
09-29-2003, 01:41 PM
Neely4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoddess
I don't know the ticket prices for that particular game, but the game I went to on Friday night in Marlborough was $10/ticket, and the one I'm going to today (in Stoneham) is $7/ticket. I imagine the Bridgewater Arena will charge somewhere in that vicinity as well.
Your right on...by the way....
I called the arena today and they're $10 and can be had at the door.
Hopefully I can grab a few and check out the prospects in person.

Closed Thread