HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

24% rollback vs NHL offer of 0% rollback for lower paid players

Closed Thread

Old
07-07-2005, 01:25 PM
FanSince2014
What'd He Say?

vCash: 500
24% rollback vs NHL offer of 0% rollback for lower paid players

Does anyone remember the NHL offer of the lower paid players not giving anything back while the higher paid players gave back higher percentages based on the amount of their income?

I think they were just talking about the amount of rollback at that time and not many other details but it seems to me that if it is a negative or close vote among the PA that the NHL offer I refer to would have been more widely accepted.

If the CBA with the 24% rollback is accepted, it's too bad that the players who aren't overpaid have to give back the same percentage as the overpaid players.

Old
07-07-2005, 02:30 PM
bcrt2000

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by getnziggywidit
Does anyone remember the NHL offer of the lower paid players not giving anything back while the higher paid players gave back higher percentages based on the amount of their income?

I think they were just talking about the amount of rollback at that time and not many other details but it seems to me that if it is a negative or close vote among the PA that the NHL offer I refer to would have been more widely accepted.

If the CBA with the 24% rollback is accepted, it's too bad that the players who aren't overpaid have to give back the same percentage as the overpaid players.

i agree

btw, your user title might be more appropriate if it was "Gooden'94"

Closed Thread