HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 6-3 Tank Tank Tank

Old
09-17-2013, 11:26 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
We've seen them up against prospects. We still have to wait to see our actual team against them.
The first goal that line scored was on the PP against PK+Gorges, Moen+White. That's a full-time NHLer on full-time NHLer scoring play there, and we're going to have to kill penalties against the Bruins. While it's true that the other two goals were scored against prospects, they're also prospects that people expect quality defense from (Hudon, Dumont), and they were playing in front of Bouillon+Murray both times, I believe, so it's a heads-up whether you'll admit it or not.

The crazy thing is, that line was able to produce like that against us while only registering 1 hit total between them, so you know they can be even tougher to play against. I'll put that another way: that line was able to finesse their way past us last night...

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 11:34 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
I already judged them by their body language at the golf tournament... Trade... them... all!
Now that's a true Habs fan.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 11:47 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
I already judged them by their body language at the golf tournament... Trade... them... all!
Why didn't I think of that!

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 11:50 AM
HABSonaroll

Even though its pre-season - gotta play to WIN not this

HABSonaroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 11:56 AM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
The first goal that line scored was on the PP against PK+Gorges, Moen+White. That's a full-time NHLer on full-time NHLer scoring play there, and we're going to have to kill penalties against the Bruins. While it's true that the other two goals were scored against prospects, they're also prospects that people expect quality defense from (Hudon, Dumont), and they were playing in front of Bouillon+Murray both times, I believe, so it's a heads-up whether you'll admit it or not.

The crazy thing is, that line was able to produce like that against us while only registering 1 hit total between them, so you know they can be even tougher to play against. I'll put that another way: that line was able to finesse their way past us last night...
Who cares? Yea people will score on us sometimes, it's not the end of the world that it happened in a pre-season game while we were shorthanded?

If we're going to make wild assumptions based on a pre-season game I should start talking about how Desharnais will be scoring at a PPG this year!

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 12:05 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Who cares? Yea people will score on us sometimes, it's not the end of the world that it happened in a pre-season game while we were shorthanded?

If we're going to make wild assumptions based on a pre-season game I should start talking about how Desharnais will be scoring at a PPG this year!
How little must you know about Iginla, Jucic, and Krejci to be completely unconcerned with the fact that they seem to be showing some chemistry already?

Old
09-17-2013, 12:11 PM
Andy

Quote:
How little must you know about Iginla, Jucic, and Krejci to be completely unconcerned with the fact that they seem to be showing some chemistry already?
I remember back in 09-10 when Cammalleri, Gomez and Kostitsyn showed great chemistry in their first pre-season game. Not to say that Krecji's line will fall apart, but it's pre-season. Not everyone is at their top game yet and some will look better considering their not playing against complete rosters.

Ben Maxwell looked like a stud in every camp and was garbage when given nhl games. We're jumping the gun.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 12:39 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I remember back in 09-10 when Cammalleri, Gomez and Kostitsyn showed great chemistry in their first pre-season game. Not to say that Krecji's line will fall apart, but it's pre-season. Not everyone is at their top game yet and some will look better considering their not playing against complete rosters.
I also remember that line being given barely any time to play together in the regular season (despite scoring 2 goals in the 31 minutes they played together at ES), but having the 4th highest GF/60 mins ES of any combination that was tried that year.

I just erased that Ben Maxwell part because, well, we're talking about three veteran NHLers that could walk onto our top 6 tomorrow; not a guy who still hasn't made a top 12 anywhere.

Old
09-17-2013, 12:51 PM
domdo345

The B's scare me this season. If Iginla/Krejci/Lucic clicks, you're looking at Bergeron/Marchand/Ericsson. That top6 is crazy good given the fact anybody will look good along Bergy's wings, let alone a sniper of the quality of Ericsson. And then you have a rock solid D and an elite 3rd line. As false and stupid as it might sounds, we might have to hope for some key injury so they don't reach the SCF again!

domdo345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 01:15 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
I don't see why that line would not have chemistry, they just replaced Horton with Iginla, a guy that's scored over 30 goals or more since the 99-00 season.
However, they were matched up against Moen-White-LL.

In any event, it's preseason. Nothing is ever the same during camp. You have vets on each team that will go on different speeds, some just focus on certain things, some try new things, etc..
Training camp is mainly just about individual evaluations.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 01:33 PM
Lafleurs Guy

We lost another preseason game?

Fire Carey Price.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 02:33 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post

Fire Carey Price.
but because max scored carey gets a no decision!

he stays.. for now.

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 02:36 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Doesn't mean it will translate over to the regular season or even last long if it does.

It's one pre-season game and you're acting like they'll score 3 goals on us every time we face the Bruins this year.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 03:18 PM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
Murray instead of a youngster while Habs are continuing a rebuilt process? - Murray filled a thoughness need. It's still a lateral move and neither Murray or Tinordi are making this team a contender.

Drewisky, really? - Never too much defensemen. I don't know where lies the problem here.

Kristo vs Thomas, really? - This could end up being bad for Bergevin. We still don't know yet. I'd like to have a look at your crystal ball.

Moen to a 3 years contract, really? - Moen played well before being labeled useless after a bad year. He still can be a contributor to this team. Again, Moen doesn't make this team a contender so there's nothing to see here.

Destroying a youngster's confidance by sending him back into the minors while he did better than a lot of other players fighthing for a spot (Leblanc)? - There's the typical overreaction of this board. ''Destroying a youngter's confidence'' .

I'm not a Bergevin's supporter. You're just jumping to conclusions way to quickly.
Oh don't worry, I'm not jumping to any conclusion. I just said that after a full year and 2 full offseasons, Bergevin's honeymoon is over and he must starts answering tough questions. The points I listed are only suggestions of questions to be asked.

That said, I don't see that the same way as you do, obviously. Murray doesn't bring much toughness and was never known for his toughness anyway.

About Kristo, it's true that I don't know yet. But it is already hard to see the point of the trade. Kristo is flying at Rangers' camp, according to reporters following them (but I agree the outcome may be different)

Moen had a very average season before signing his contract, if not below average. The year after was simply horrible, as we all know. Plus we all know that those typical 4th line players with limited talent tend to fade away rather quickly. Look around the league, those players are the first to be let go.

I agree my reaction about Leblanc is a kinda overreaction. But I do think those young players should be handle with care, especially when they did everything that was asked of them.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 04:22 PM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
It's still pre-season so I'll save my "I told you we needed to upgrade our PK" rant for later.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 04:46 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post

Fire Carey Price.
This isn't getting any funnier.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 05:48 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
but because max scored carey gets a no decision!

he stays.. for now.
The Canadiens are 0-2 in the preseason. He MUST be fired.

Old
09-17-2013, 06:46 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Boston.

If these two games are any indication it could be a loooooong season
Luckily these games don't mean jack

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 08:46 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
It's still pre-season so I'll save my "I told you we needed to upgrade our PK" rant for later.
Our PK was bad last year, and looks worse so far in preseason...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 08:55 PM
Locks

I think B's get a bit overrated after this game - not to suggest they are not good. Yes, Iginla can still shoot the puck but he scored both goals while standing still on PP and looked slow and ineffective in the playoffs 5 on 5. Moen was the only regular PK forward we had in the game. Plekanec, Eller, Gio and Prust were not there. And 5 on 5, their first line will likely be facing Pleky's line.

While Iginla was a great player, he is over the hill while Horton is in his prime. I don't think that Iginla and Ericsson are adequate replacement for Horton, Segiun and Peverly. B's were far from a fast team and they lost two of their three fastest forwards in Horton and Segiun. And their third line is a far cry from what the EGG line can deliver. They do remain a good team but we can surely play with them if our top players play to their level.

Locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 08:58 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
It actually did look worse. It's preseason but man it looked very disorganized.

Old
09-17-2013, 09:05 PM
Teufelsdreck

The Bruins PP looked very good, true, but let's see if it still looks good 60 games into the season, when signs of wear and tear start to appear. I recall how good the Habs PP looked early last season, when Markov and Diaz looked unstoppable.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 09:10 PM
Teufelsdreck

XxxxxxPlease delete

Last edited by Teufelsdreck: 09-17-2013 at 09:12 PM. Reason: duplicate post
Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 08:27 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
It's kinda hard for me to admit it, but Habs' PK became very average when Gill left.

Now I'm not saying habs shouldn't have trade him. A second round draft pick was pretty good.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 08:38 AM
FazChenyuk

Just because Thomas had a bad game, we already say Kristo trade was terrible. Patience guys? Thomas had a decent season as a rookie in the AHL and scored 54 goals in the OHL in a season. He can shoot the puck, I am excited to see him more...he is only 21.

FazChenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote