HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tanner Pearson Is An Early Standout At LA Kings 2013 Training Camp

Old
09-17-2013, 12:03 PM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

vCash: 500

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 01:02 PM
KingsCorona

Great to hear. Pearson coming up to take Penner's spot on the LW was always a long shot, even more so now with Frattin looking like a nice upgrade at that spot. I kinda doubt that Tanner makes it up to the big club this season, although there certainly could be a spot on the 4th line for him. I'd like to see it, personally, but Dean always takes things slowly and he has done right by us.

KingsCorona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 02:14 PM
Fishhead

It's great to see him do so well so soon, and at one of our weaker positions to boot. Tanner's competition is Frattin and King, IMO. I don't see him eclipsing Frattin right now, but he could outshine King. He's a pretty big dude and already has the frame for the NHL.

Last year, I would have said for certain that even if young players outshine others (Pearson vs. King, Andy Andy vs. Fraser, etc.), they would surely start in the minors. This year I'm not so sure, it's not like we are returning a cup winner. I still feel a lot of the younger guys will start in Manchester, but it will certainly put some of our incumbent players on a shorter leash so to speak.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 01:16 AM
Rusty Batch

Im sure it wont happen this season. But it would be nice to see a 3RD line of pearson- Vey -toffoli. And a 4th line of Clifford Stoll Lewis.

Rusty Batch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 09:16 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Remember too, that when it comes to their cap hits, some of these younger guys make more than a guy like Fraser. That might enter into the equation in the decision to keep them with the big club or not at the start of the season.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 11:58 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Remember too, that when it comes to their cap hits, some of these younger guys make more than a guy like Fraser. That might enter into the equation in the decision to keep them with the big club or not at the start of the season.
Vey only makes 75K more and AA makes 200K less.

More and more I think about it, I really like the idea of AA replacing Fraser as our 4C.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 06:00 PM
KBA4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Vey only makes 75K more and AA makes 200K less.

More and more I think about it, I really like the idea of AA replacing Fraser as our 4C.
Yup. Fraser was terrible defensively last year...if he has time to get the legs going he can play the body but his lack of skating ability means he can't pressure the D-men at all. He seems like a good dude, but his role should be as an extra forward at best

KBA4life is offline   Reply With Quote