HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

EDM/FLA idea

Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2003, 03:31 PM
speeds

vCash: 500
EDM/FLA idea

looing for some thoughts on why this would/wouldn't work for both parties

To FLA: Comrie, Rita

To EDM: Weiss, Krajicek

Old
09-28-2003, 03:34 PM
Lanny MacDonald*

Seems about right.

Old
09-28-2003, 03:34 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Nice.

Old
09-28-2003, 03:40 PM
Wingboy2999

Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
Well, looks good to me. But would Florida want to give up Weiss before he reaches his full potential?

Old
09-28-2003, 04:30 PM
hunter orange

I think Fla would be far more worried about losing Krajicek...

Even value indeed, but I can't imagine the Oil wanting to include Rita and Dudley wanting to part with Krajicek in ANY deal right now.

The following may be more realistic (but who knows):

To FLA:
Comrie, Allen

To EDM:
Weiss, Biron

Old
09-28-2003, 05:04 PM
Clash*

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeds

Krajicek is about as much of an untouchable prospect as one can be. Keenan already complains Weiss is too small and gets pushed off the puck easily, so I don't see why he'd encourage Dudley to acquire a smaller player in Comrie. This deal would be an all around no from a Panthers' perspective.

Old
09-28-2003, 05:20 PM
hunter orange

Comrie is in fact smaller than Weiss, but getting knocked off the puck has surprisingly not been one of his draw backs. Comrie needs to learn to play a better two-way game and quit all the dipsy-doodle garbage. He's a dwarf, but he's fiesty and plays with the big boys.

Adding Comrie to your team may hurt your two-way game, but Comrie cannot be considered "weak with the puck" --- as you say Dudley accuses Weiss of.

With Weiss' future looking bleak for certainly this season and perhaps the future in Florida in general (coupled with Florida's depth on defense and the uncertainty of a guaranteed roster position for Biron), I think Dudley would look long and hard at a Comrie & Allen for Weiss and Biron deal.

...but maybe you're right. Dudley, like Lowe, appears to drawing up a future blueprint that centers around the accumulation of bigger players.

Just some thought food.

Old
09-28-2003, 05:44 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Based on your analysis of Comrie, Keenan would hate him more than Weiss. At least Weiss plays a smart defensive game and is able to shut down opposing players like he did to Fedorov the other nite. While Weiss doesn't seem to figure into this yr's plan, I think he still figures into the long term future of the Panthers. Its just that he wasn't fully ready for the NHL last season but was better than going back to juniors (its unfortunate that certain players can't go to the AHL when needed). Krajicek is still a strong defensive prospect for FL and many of us agree that he needed one season in the AHL anyhow. Biron, on the other hand, is not exactly a fan favorite but is loved by both Keenan and Dudley. I wouldn't care if Biron was shipped out and could still see it happen. But it won't be in a deal that brings Comrie to FL. While I like Comrie, he's just not the an Eastern Conference-type player.

Old
09-28-2003, 05:58 PM
Wingboy2999

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
Krajicek is about as much of an untouchable prospect as one can be. Keenan already complains Weiss is too small and gets pushed off the puck easily, so I don't see why he'd encourage Dudley to acquire a smaller player in Comrie. This deal would be an all around no from a Panthers' perspective.
Personally, that is what I was thinking. If Weiss goes anywhere, it'd be for a big keenan type player.

Old
09-28-2003, 06:25 PM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeds

I say drop the Weiss Component and make it Comrie Fro krajecek and a 3rd.

Old
09-28-2003, 07:30 PM
evman150*

No way in hell I do this from a Panther perspective.

Lukas Krajicek is an A1 prospect, one of my favorites. And Weiss, though he has yet to breakout, you just get the feeling he could at any time. That is if he ever gets off the reefer.

Old
09-29-2003, 01:59 PM
Wingboy2999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos1
I say drop the Weiss Component and make it Comrie Fro krajecek and a 3rd.
Well, would Edmonton want a d-man instead of a forward even if this deal was to go through?

Old
09-29-2003, 04:02 PM
Crossbar

Would the Oilers be interested in Matt Cullen?? Sorry I don't want to depart with Weiss or Krajicek they have loads of potential and Weiss could end up being a better overall center than Comrie one day.

Old
09-29-2003, 04:07 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar
Would the Oilers be interested in Matt Cullen?? Sorry I don't want to depart with Weiss or Krajicek they have loads of potential and Weiss could end up being a better overall center than Comrie one day.
Cullen would strugle to crack the Oilers lineup. With Horcoff, York, Reasoner, Stoll, Sarno up the middle (and there are still chances of Smyth there too) Cullen would be pressbox material.

Closed Thread