HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Who is Zidlicky?

Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2003, 08:00 AM
Lidstrom

vCash: 500
Who is Zidlicky?

Defensemen for Nashville. I read a bit about him on the Sporting news. Apparantly he is Delmore's replacement. That means he will be taking the passes from Timonen and blasting them at the net. Can anyone tell me anything about him?

Old
09-28-2003, 08:21 AM
Histrion

Send a message via MSN to Histrion
All I know is that he was playing in the SM-Liiga and I hear he had could be a better Timonen...

Old
09-28-2003, 08:26 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
He was said to be the best Dman in SM-Liiga last year (better than Pitkanen). He's a 26 year old that was brought over in the Dunham trade. He has a booming shot, he's physical despite being only 5'11" 190 and he's very adept with the puck. He is a good skater but not nearly as good as you would expect from an undersized Euro defenseman. Will probably be a second pairing defenseman for the Predators. He'll likely play with either Kloucek (who was traded with him) or Eaton.

Old
09-28-2003, 08:34 AM
Pärde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidstrom
Defensemen for Nashville. I read a bit about him on the Sporting news. Apparantly he is Delmore's replacement. That means he will be taking the passes from Timonen and blasting them at the net. Can anyone tell me anything about him?
Well, what can I say about this guy. I absolutely love him. He played for IFK Helsinki for four seasons. Absolutely fantastic with the puck. Passes rather than shoots but has a good shot too. He's a bit hazardous in defense, but he's so good and fast that he can make up his own mistakes nearly every time. I'd compare him to another defenseman who played here a couple seasons ago, Brian Rafalski. Though Brian is better in his own zone than Z. Marek is also pretty hot-headed. He's not that big, but that doesn't mean anything in his case. I don't know how do you prefer you D-men in Nashville, but over here Marek was everyone's favorite. Something happens everytime he's on the ice. The only downside in this is that it could very well happen in Nashville's zone..

And yes, he is better than Timonen (who, by the way, has also played in IFK..).

And I' say he was the best defenseman in Europe...

Old
09-28-2003, 08:37 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pärde
Well, what can I say about this guy. I absolutely love him. He played for IFK Helsinki for four seasons. Absolutely fantastic with the puck. Passes rather than shoots but has a good shot too. He's a bit hazardous in defense, but he's so good and fast that he can make up his own mistakes nearly every time. I'd compare him to another defenseman who played here a couple seasons ago, Brian Rafalski. Though Brian is better in his own zone than Z. Marek is also pretty hot-headed. He's not that big, but that doesn't mean anything in his case. I don't know how do you prefer you D-men in Nashville, but over here Marek was everyone's favorite. Something happens evertime he's on the ice. The only downside in this is that it could very well happen in Nashville's zone..

And yes, he is better than Timonen (who, by the way, has also played in IFK..).
Thanks for the insight

Closed Thread