HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Murray & Parros practicing with the team (no contact) Oct. 25

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2013, 05:12 PM
Richiebottles
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Take a closer look. Parros is not holding on to the jersey with his right hand. Its his follow thru from throwing a punch.

Now I understand why you apologize for Orr.
I don't think that Orr would have pulled him down intentionally because a skate blade could have come and hit him in the face that way. It would put him more at risk then anything. Plus it is hard to pull 228 LBS down with one arm at an awkward position.

Old
10-02-2013, 05:15 PM
la25ecoupe

It's funny how people think Parros just flew his chin to the ice by himself..

Even if he missed his punch, we all have instinct to protect ourself.. try it, give a swing in empty space then jump head first to the floor and see if you have enough time to cover your head.. I guess yes..

Old
10-02-2013, 05:15 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
I don't think that Orr would have pulled him down intentionally because a skate blade could have come and hit him in the face that way. It would put him more at risk then anything. Plus it is hard to pull 228 LBS down with one arm at an awkward position.
You are overthinking it. In a moment like that he isn't thinking "hmm perhaps a skate blade could hit me..."... It's a pure instinct, pure adrenaline moment. You're in a fight, you're falling, it's instinct to grab the guy and pull him down with you.

I'm confident he didn't do it to drive his face into the ice. The result was an accident, the act was not.

Old
10-02-2013, 05:16 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
We're all capable of protecting our head with our arms whenever we fall head first.. unless something is pulling us down so there is not enough reaction time / unexpected.

Orr pulling down on Parros that's a fact. If he wanted to hurt Parros with the pull down, that is what only Orr knows.
Well I am a consequentialist, I don't care for his intention. Dumb move.

Old
10-02-2013, 05:17 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Or, everyone can just realize that Orr wasn't going to go down without at least trying to bring Parros down with him, and what he did resulted in what we saw. I'm only 160 lbs, and an amateur martial artist at best, and I used to practice one arm throwing 200 lbs partners in jiujitsu for hours every week. It's surprisingly easy, especially if you have even just a little bit of momentum to work with (the entire idea of starting a throw with your legs/hips).

Old
10-02-2013, 05:18 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Or, everyone can just realize that Orr wasn't going to go down without at least trying to bring Parros down with him, and what he did resulted in what we saw. I'm only 160 lbs, and an amateur martial artist at best, and I used to practice one arm throwing 200 lbs partners in jiujitsu for hours every week. It's surprisingly easy, especially if you have even just a little bit of momentum to work with (the entire idea of starting a throw with your legs/hips).
Also, Orr clearly didn't have time to premeditate the outcome, all he was worried about in the moment was the process.

Old
10-02-2013, 05:21 PM
TopChedder
Rookie User

Leafs fan here. Sorry to see what happened with Parros. He is one of the great guys in the league. Good game the other night, obviously both teams were rusty, but i was impressed with the EGG line a lot. Great speed and determination. Gallagher has a face that i want to punch though lol but damn good player!

Old
10-02-2013, 05:22 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Orr is stronger than you think.

Old
10-02-2013, 05:25 PM
TennisMenace

Everyone who fights should get a 10 minute misconduct for that fight and a 2nd fight in the same game gets a game misconduct and fine.

If the fight occurs in the last 5 minutes of the game, the game misconduct rolls over to the next game, with loss of pay for that game.

Old
10-02-2013, 05:27 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopChedder View Post
Leafs fan here. Sorry to see what happened with Parros. He is one of the great guys in the league. Good game the other night, obviously both teams were rusty, but i was impressed with the EGG line a lot. Great speed and determination. Gallagher has a face that i want to punch though lol but damn good player!
Compliment received!

I'll give Bozak this: He's a great finisher.

Old
10-02-2013, 05:29 PM
la25ecoupe

Any news on Parros? I saw in the photos he had his eyes open while on sketcher.. and he was bleeding from chin and not from mouth, I guess he still has all his teeth? I would rank this the 3rd scariest accident in recent Habs memory. I wish no more.

Btw, is there a video of Orr smacking his head to the ice?

Old
10-02-2013, 05:34 PM
TopChedder
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Compliment received!

I'll give Bozak this: He's a great finisher.
Bozie has his moments lol

Heading to the Bell center to watch the next game between us!

My family is from MTL but i have not been in that building so i am pretty pumped! only thing is they are all Habs fans so i will not stop hearing it all night lol

Old
10-02-2013, 05:36 PM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
Any news on Parros? I saw in the photos he had his eyes open while on sketcher.. and he was bleeding from chin and not from mouth, I guess he still has all his teeth? I would rank this the 3rd scariest accident in recent Habs memory. I wish no more.

Btw, is there a video of Orr smacking his head to the ice?

Old
10-02-2013, 05:55 PM
andy28

deleted

Old
10-02-2013, 06:00 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
The "holding on because he was falling" excuse is shown to be clearly inaccurate.
Oh, I think he was pulling him down. But they all try to get the other guy down. I don't think he intended anything other than to bring him down with him though, which happens all the time.

Old
10-02-2013, 06:06 PM
StellerEller

vCash: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
Interesting. It seems he may have pulled a bit on Parros (instead of just holding on).

Still no reason to villify Orr, there's no way I could believe any NHLer would do that to cause injury, especially fighters. They know the risks they take, and they have respect for one another. At most, Orr wanted to pull Parros in an attempt to wrestle him down. I 100% believe that he is innocent of any malicious intent.

Get well George. I really hope this isn't the last of him in the CH.

Old
10-02-2013, 06:10 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Parros handled Orr in both fights too.

Old
10-02-2013, 06:14 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
After watching it a few times, I'm now inclined to agree.

Obviously Orr didn't mean to smash him that bad, but he was fully trying to throw Parros into the ice.

Parros is no fool either. He's going to keep this to himself and get his own revenge. Orr better watch out.
THIS! I love that it's always either 'Orr wanted to end his career' or 'Orr was completely innocent and did nothing'.

It can be both you know. Did Orr want to put him in the hospital? No way. That doesn't mean he didn't actively throw Parros to the ice. It was a last ditch effort by a guy who just got beaten twice in a fight. It went awry.

Parros is a smart man and probably sees this. I'm sure he knows Orr didn't want to severely injure him but I'm sure enough that he'll want to lay a pretty big beat down on him next time.

Only in Montreal we get a heavyweight who actually looks like he can play, beats Orr TWICE and HE gets injured. Hope you recover quick, Parros!

On a side note, is there any word about Pacioretty?

Old
10-02-2013, 06:14 PM
Kingbobert

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
You are overthinking it. In a moment like that he isn't thinking "hmm perhaps a skate blade could hit me..."... It's a pure instinct, pure adrenaline moment. You're in a fight, you're falling, it's instinct to grab the guy and pull him down with you.

I'm confident he didn't do it to drive his face into the ice. The result was an accident, the act was not.
that orr held on to him and pulled him down with him is undenieable, but the fact is it happened so fast, if parros didnt have time to let go of orr as the picture shows, neither did orr have time to let go of parros. Like you said its instinct no a premedetated judo throw

Old
10-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
that orr held on to him and pulled him down with him is undenieable, but the fact is it happened so fast, if parros didnt have time to let go of orr as the picture shows, neither did orr have time to let go of parros. Like you said its instinct no a premedetated judo throw
Orr obviously had no intention of letting go of Parros until he was down on the ice, too. Covered up the act of turtling from that fully cocked Parros right hand that was coming when he bailed and dropped.

Old
10-02-2013, 06:19 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
THIS! I love that it's always either 'Orr wanted to end his career' or 'Orr was completely innocent and did nothing'.

It can be both you know. Did Orr want to put him in the hospital? No way. That doesn't mean he didn't actively throw Parros to the ice. It was a last ditch effort by a guy who just got beaten twice in a fight. It went awry.

Parros is a smart man and probably sees this. I'm sure he knows Orr didn't want to severely injure him but I'm sure enough that he'll want to lay a pretty big beat down on him next time.

Only in Montreal we get a heavyweight who actually looks like he can play, beats Orr TWICE and HE gets injured. Hope you recover quick, Parros!

On a side note, is there any word about Pacioretty?
Yup. And I'll add that it was obviously a spur of the moment move made in a split second, and not some premeditated attack.

But still, I bet you Parros is super angry right now, as he should be, and is planning some serious punching of Orrs face as I type this.

Old
10-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Richiebottles
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Yea after watching the gif, it certainly does look like Orr is pulling him down. Pretty dangerous move IMO.

Old
10-02-2013, 06:45 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Well I am a consequentialist, I don't care for his intention. Dumb move.
Me too. Two guys get in a fight. There are consequences.

Old
10-02-2013, 06:59 PM
Gally11

Not to rain on all your conspiracy theories but I don't think Orr at any point was thinking too much about the pulling, you can see here Parros elbow is coming down on him... Pretty sure there's a high percentage of fights that end with players pulling the other one down with them, it's to break their own fall

Old
10-02-2013, 07:17 PM
Hemlor

So, first you guys want an enforcer becasue the Habs are getting pushed around, and now that he gets hurt, which is inevitable considering he is FIGHTING, you complain and cry bloody murder. Seriously. It`s a fight, things like this happen a lot.

I think I will term you the eternal complainists

Closed Thread