HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Murray & Parros practicing with the team (no contact) Oct. 25

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2013, 07:19 PM
andy28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlor View Post
So, first you guys want an enforcer becasue the Habs are getting pushed around, and now that he gets hurt, which is inevitable considering he is FIGHTING, you complain and cry bloody murder. Seriously. It`s a fight, things like this happen a lot.

I think I will term you the eternal complainists
I think like 95 percent of us have said Orr is not to blame.

Old
10-02-2013, 07:20 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

What about Max?

Does anyone have an update on Patches, he was in pain after coming back to the bench. It looked like a hand injury?

Old
10-02-2013, 07:20 PM
JohnLennon

Orr didn't purposely do that to Parros, guys come on.

It's instinct to hold onto something as you fall. People hold onto each other in fights in hockey all the time, even as they're getting knocked out. It was nothing but an accident and I'm glad to hear it's not worse than a concussion.

I wish Parros the very best and a speedy recovery.

Old
10-02-2013, 08:04 PM
PricePkPatch

So, any news as to when we could expect the Stache back?

I know its attached to Parros, but I was hoping...

Old
10-02-2013, 08:12 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
So, any news as to when we could expect the Stache back?

I know its attached to Parros, but I was hoping...
Will likely be at least 2 weeks. Orr missed the rest of the year after a similar fall, so who knows.

I'm hoping he's ready to go for November 30th, our next game against Toronto.

Old
10-02-2013, 08:28 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Well, if you watch the last attempted punch by Orr, he cocks back his right hand, starts to lean forward and to the left as if to throw it. Notice that he sees Parros already cocked himself, and he - mid-punch, mind you - twists back to the right to get out of the way, and actually does somewhat of a barbel curl while holding Parros' jersey to pull him over the top (Parros already leaning forward anyway at the moment, btw). Pretty much an instinct survival move, except I have no doubt that, because of the blood between them, that he gave a little tug on the way down instead of simply "breaking his fall" or "trying to stay/get up", or whatever.

Not blatant enough to discipline/suspend, but enough to consider Orr kind of a d-bag, no matter which team you pull for. It was an awkward turtle-tuck-judo maneouver.
I don't think so. It sounds like you're trying too hard to find some element of fault, but in a respectable, convoluted and unbiased way.

In the circumstances, I instead think that Orr would have showed an extraordinary presence of mind to have let go of Parros as he fell. It would have been a feat of concentration that a zen master would humbly acknowledge with: "Wow, man."

I can't believe there is any debate as to Orr's motive or intent or some other order of culpable mental state. It's ridiculous. It was an accident.

My tone may be a bit snarly, but it's not personal. The issue is that if we get away from the blunt fact that this was bad luck, and start to indulge fantasies that Orr is somehow responsible on some moral level, then we can't possibly defend fighting in hockey anymore.

You're always going to have lightning strikes of bad luck -- Malarchuk or McCleary -- but if a professional like Orr would actually form some bad intent that can bring about these types of incidents, then fighting is just too dangerous, the players simply can't be trusted, and sooner or later there's going to be manslaughter on the ice.

I don't like that one bit. If it comes down to opinion or perception, then I prefer to see this as just bad luck.

Old
10-02-2013, 08:32 PM
FireBergevin
ultimate warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
It wasn't intentional, but what a stupid thing Orr did turning like that while holding on to Parros.

Old
10-02-2013, 08:36 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy28 View Post
I think like 95 percent of us have said Orr is not to blame.
Not "to blame", just nowhere close to 100% unaware that he was grabbing on the collar of Parros' jersey, and farther from 100% in lacking the intention of dragging him down to the ice from that position, either.

Old
10-02-2013, 08:41 PM
sventington

vCash: 50
I don't think I have ever seen someone fall and fail to reach for something to hold on to, or continue to hold what they were holding prior to the fall.

Why would he let go? Why would it occur to him to let go?

This is silly.

Old
10-02-2013, 08:50 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souffle View Post
I don't think so. It sounds like you're trying too hard to find some element of fault, but in a respectable, convoluted and unbiased way.

In the circumstances, I instead think that Orr would have showed an extraordinary presence of mind to have let go of Parros as he fell. It would have been a feat of concentration that a zen master would humbly acknowledge with: "Wow, man."
Quote:
It would have shown extraordinary presence of balls to take that right hand that he couldn't turtle away from fast enough.

I can't believe there is any debate as to Orr's motive or intent or some other order of culpable mental state. It's ridiculous. It was an accident.

My tone may be a bit snarly, but it's not personal. The issue is that if we get away from the blunt fact that this was bad luck, and start to indulge fantasies that Orr is somehow responsible on some moral level, then we can't possibly defend fighting in hockey anymore.

You're always going to have lightning strikes of bad luck -- Malarchuk or McCleary -- but if a professional like Orr would actually form some bad intent that can bring about these types of incidents, then fighting is just too dangerous, the players simply can't be trusted, and sooner or later there's going to be manslaughter on the ice.

I don't like that one bit. If it comes down to opinion or perception, then I prefer to see this as just bad luck.
I take somewhat serious offense with chalking this all up to "bad luck". If Orr just wanted to duck out of the way of that punch, he could have let go with both hands and protected his face. He didn't. He basically did a tuck roll and throw in the moment instead. Bad luck for Parros that he was unable to get anything in front of his face before hitting the ice, but there's no luck in how Parros gets between cocking that punch and ending up lying on the ice unconscious - just the extreme nature of the results.

Orr's eyes were even closed for most of it. I know he wasn't lining up the ice with Parros' face as he fell, and wouldn't have been planning to turtle from a punch in any universe. I also know that he was trying to bring Parros down with him, if it was the last thing he did. Whether it was to cover the fact that he knew he was turtling toe to toe with another heavy weight, or whether it was just the "natural" ending to any similar fight involving a bit of lost balance, doesn't completely absolve Orr's participation in contributing to the results - which is exactly what it's getting boiled down to by everyone describing it as an "unfortunate accident", as if there's nothing Orr could have reasonably done differently in the situation.

If you're supposedly a heavy weight, stand up and either take your licking or keep throwing. Don't turtle and go for the consolation "moral victory" take down like those who can't actually hockey fight properly, because we know how much more dangerous it makes the situation - especially today. Respect and "code", my ass.

Old
10-02-2013, 09:00 PM
rockjngo

Dear George Parros,

I appreciated everything you did in just 1 game with the Canadiens. We you knocked out Colton Orr on your first fight I was like wow, we finally have a protector. Finally we won a fight in a knockout. After many years of seeing Kostopolous, Moen, White, and everyone else get knocked around I'm tired as we are the weakest team in the league. Just one fight you changed all that. You made everyone bigger. The second fight you look like you knocked Orr out again, however it was a bad luck fall that knocked you out. At first I thought Orr knocked you out because CBC was showing Tinordi knockout Aston. I was like oh no here it goes again, but the ice knock you out. Hopefully we will return soon as we need you more than ever. That WEASEL Desharnais, and mouse Plekanec needs you to protect them. Desharnais is playing scared without you. Speedy recovery George Parros!

Old
10-02-2013, 09:03 PM
No Style Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Dear George Parros,

I appreciated everything you did in just 1 game with the Canadiens. We you knocked out Colton Orr on your first fight I was like wow, we finally have a protector. Finally we won a fight in a knockout. After many years of seeing Kostopolous, Moen, White, and everyone else get knocked around I'm tired as we are the weakest team in the league. Just one fight you changed all that. You made everyone bigger. The second fight you look like you knocked Orr out again, however it was a bad luck fall that knocked you out. At first I thought Orr knocked you out because CBC was showing Tinordi knockout Aston. I was like oh no here it goes again, but the ice knock you out. Hopefully we will return soon as we need you more than ever. That WEASEL Desharnais, and mouse Plekanec needs you to protect them. Desharnais is playing scared without you. Speedy recovery George Parros!
Yeah I'm sure George would be moved to hear you calling his teammates weasels. Good job.

Old
10-02-2013, 10:20 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Does anyone have an update on Patches, he was in pain after coming back to the bench. It looked like a hand injury?

Seems like it in this video.

Old
10-02-2013, 10:34 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Dear George Parros,

Hi George Parros is a good friend of mine he was over for supper and i had HFboards open on my tablet and he happened to come across your post... I have to tell you, he`s so appreciative of your post.

He told me it`s because of good fans like you that keeps him in the game!

well done rockjngo

just kidding - i`m not his friend and i doubt he gives a rats ass about HF

Old
10-02-2013, 10:38 PM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
So do you think Orr pulled Parros or Parros felt by himself?

Old
10-02-2013, 10:56 PM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally11 View Post

Not to rain on all your conspiracy theories but I don't think Orr at any point was thinking too much about the pulling, you can see here Parros elbow is coming down on him... Pretty sure there's a high percentage of fights that end with players pulling the other one down with them, it's to break their own fall
Gif/video is better than still image. You can't see momentum in a still image.

Old
10-03-2013, 12:27 AM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
So do you think Orr pulled Parros or Parros felt by himself?
Yeah, I think he pulled him. I see guys pull each other down all the time in fights. I see people falling over and ending up winning the take-down aspect because they continue to battle even as they are going over. Seems pretty natural to do. That one just went very badly.

Old
10-03-2013, 12:33 AM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Hi George Parros is a good friend of mine he was over for supper and i had HFboards open on my tablet and he happened to come across your post... I have to tell you, he`s so appreciative of your post.

He told me it`s because of good fans like you that keeps him in the game!

well done rockjngo

WE have the best fans!!!

Old
10-03-2013, 01:31 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
enough about groucho marx, what's going on with patches?

Old
10-03-2013, 02:12 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Dear George Parros,

I'm glad (if true. Is Dr. Recchi going to question coolasprice's non-concussion friendly hospitality?) that George saw that message, but Plekanec being a "mouse"? His job may not be to fight, but have a little rispek for one of our most important and dedicated players.

feel free to crap on weasel, though.

Old
10-03-2013, 02:48 AM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

Speedy recovery to Parros. An easy enforcer to like. Thought he was pretty good

Old
10-03-2013, 03:47 AM
MDN

Great to hear it wasn't worse, and that he's already home. Get well soon George.

Old
10-03-2013, 06:35 AM
ClasslessGuy

I like how Parros was just pulling Subban out of a scrap behind the net in the second period. Guy is there for the good reason!

Old
10-03-2013, 07:53 AM
idk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Come on, let's not deny that Subban was chirping Orr pretty hard. Obviously Orr's going to go after him. Not remotely comparable to Scott/Kessel.
It is exactly the same thing.

Well, not exactly. Obviously Kessel is a Leaf and Subban is a Canadien. But Kessel was doing his fair share of chirping in the general direction of John Scott. In fact Kessel initiates the contact with Scott, reaching out to give him a shove before Scott explodes in his direction. Now I will admit that Subban is more of a fighter than Kessel, but he's still nowhere near Orr's weight class. The "code" is supposed to prevent that - of course the fact that the "code" doesn't exist and never existed except in the imagination of a few knuckle-draggers helps Orr here.

Old
10-03-2013, 08:14 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBergevin View Post
It wasn't intentional, but what a stupid thing Orr did turning like that while holding on to Parros.
Why was it a stupid thing? Guys hold on to the other guy while fighting, they do it even if one guy falls...1-to control the other guy so they don't get pounded and 2-to leverage themselves back up.

I hare Orr as much as the next guy but blaming him for this is conspiracy theory style stuff right up there with saying the US government orchestrated the 9/11 attacks.

Closed Thread