HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Murray & Parros practicing with the team (no contact) Oct. 25

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-21-2013, 03:05 AM
  #851
Adam91
Registered User
 
Adam91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: White Rock, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLoyd Christmas I View Post
That Briere " concussion" looked fishy at best.

Personally it seems to me that Briere isn't taking his demotion like a man, and well, saw his way out. He saw that Nashville player the whole way, and then ballerina flopped to the ice.


Very strange. Don't like this guy anymore, he has fake "character".

No doubt. He faked a potentially life altering injury which he's already suffered from in the past, because he isn't "taking his demotion like a man."

Adam91 is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 09:36 AM
  #852
DogsFan*
GHG
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hamilton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,931
vCash: 500
So Prust is out 4 weeks... Michael Bournival, your time is now.

DogsFan* is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 09:39 AM
  #853
Gary320
Moderator
 
Gary320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 12,729
vCash: 500
The good news is that we should have a healthy line up by December if everything goes well.
Looks like 4 important guys will be returning by the end of the month.

Gary320 is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 09:41 AM
  #854
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!
 
ZARTONK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,980
vCash: 50
It's crazy how all our injuries happen in the same week or two, like they plan it in advance... (I know they don't plan it...)

ZARTONK is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 09:42 AM
  #855
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!
 
ZARTONK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,980
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLoyd Christmas I View Post
That Briere " concussion" looked fishy at best.

Personally it seems to me that Briere isn't taking his demotion like a man, and well, saw his way out. He saw that Nashville player the whole way, and then ballerina flopped to the ice.


Very strange. Don't like this guy anymore, he has fake "character".


Hopefully not....

ZARTONK is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 09:43 AM
  #856
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
The good news is that we should have a healthy line up by December if everything goes well.
Looks like 4 important guys will be returning by the end of the month.
We should get used to the fact that we always will have injuries. We really lack depth up front though.

Captain Saku is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 09:48 AM
  #857
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
We should get used to the fact that we always will have injuries. We really lack depth up front though.
Yeah with Thomas injurded and Leblanc busting hard our depth looks shallow indeed. Damn Leblanc... he doesnt even look better than Chipchura.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 09:53 AM
  #858
FuzzyWuzzy
I'm still alive
 
FuzzyWuzzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
It's crazy how all our injuries happen in the same week or two, like they plan it in advance... (I know they don't plan it...)
How do you know for sure though???

FuzzyWuzzy is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 09:59 AM
  #859
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!
 
ZARTONK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,980
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Yeah with Thomas injurded and Leblanc busting hard our depth looks shallow indeed. Damn Leblanc... he doesnt even look better than Chipchura.
Chipchura: Our next captain!
Just like Komisarek, and Higgins, and......

ZARTONK is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 09:59 AM
  #860
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!
 
ZARTONK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,980
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
How do you know for sure though???
Conspiracy!!! Going for the first overall pick!!

ZARTONK is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 10:11 AM
  #861
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 20,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
If so, also because of his age, wouldn't we still be on the hook for his contract?
See Printer, Chris.

Edit - damn autocorrect. Pronger.

MXD is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 10:22 AM
  #862
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!
 
Ceux de Montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: omg montréal lolzzz
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,003
vCash: 500
Chris Printer would look damn fine on our top 4 right now

Ceux de Montreal is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 10:26 AM
  #863
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!
 
ZARTONK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,980
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
Chris Printer would look damn fine on our top 4 right now

ZARTONK is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 10:50 AM
  #864
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
Head-shot deterrent.

JLP is online now  
Old
10-21-2013, 10:57 AM
  #865
Lshap
Registered User
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Head-shot deterrent.
I resent being made to laugh out loud in public areas.

Lshap is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 11:11 AM
  #866
MarkovsKnee
Registered User
 
MarkovsKnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,045
vCash: 500
The problem is all of our big guys are out. Patches, Prust, Parros, Murray & Emelin leaving us really small up front and on the back end. Moen only plays larger when he's got someone to back him up, like Parros & Prust.

I don't think the next month is going to be much fun especially with some big teams coming our way like San Jose, Anaheim and St. Louis. The only thing I hope for is that we can stay close to the playoff race until our injured players come back. Price & Subban are going to have to carry this team for the next little while.

MarkovsKnee is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 11:15 AM
  #867
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,921
vCash: 500
What sucks the most about Prust is that he keeps injuring himself without no one else doing the damage

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 11:15 AM
  #868
Avengers*
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 921
vCash: 500
how long is briere out?

Avengers* is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 11:22 AM
  #869
GoodKiwi
Registered User
 
GoodKiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Georgia
Posts: 9,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengers View Post
how long is briere out?
"Indefinitely" according to http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/...ip-to-hamilton

GoodKiwi is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 11:28 AM
  #870
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee View Post
The problem is all of our big guys are out. Patches, Prust, Parros, Murray & Emelin leaving us really small up front and on the back end. Moen only plays larger when he's got someone to back him up, like Parros & Prust.

I don't think the next month is going to be much fun especially with some big teams coming our way like San Jose, Anaheim and St. Louis. The only thing I hope for is that we can stay close to the playoff race until our injured players come back. Price & Subban are going to have to carry this team for the next little while.
I'd be nervous if I was Eller, Tinordi and Bourque...

FrontierPsyCHiatrist* is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 11:29 AM
  #871
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,222
vCash: 500
So without Prust or Parros, will Gorges be resorting to shooting pucks at the opposition when we need toughness?

Habs is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 11:30 AM
  #872
izzy75
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
The good news is that we should have a healthy line up by December if everything goes well.
Looks like 4 important guys will be returning by the end of the month.
Very odd logic. Wouldn't the opposite be the more likely scenario?

izzy75 is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 11:32 AM
  #873
JohnLennon
Registered User
 
JohnLennon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,906
vCash: 500
Our top forward and our "character" guy out for a couple of weeks, along with two of our starting defense. What a lame start to the season, injury-wise.

JohnLennon is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 11:35 AM
  #874
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
Our top forward and our "character" guy out for a couple of weeks, along with two of our starting defense. What a lame start to the season, injury-wise.
Small teams tend to get more injuries, because the 'bigger' players tend to over-play their role. Of course, this is just common sense that most GM's have a handle on, except in Montreal where the trend continues.

Habs is offline  
Old
10-21-2013, 11:35 AM
  #875
danyhabsfan
Registered User
 
danyhabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengers View Post
how long is briere out?
It's almost impossible to predict. Each case are different.

When the players is symptom free they start to train (lightly) then they add more intensity if everything goes well.

danyhabsfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.