HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-14 Injury Thread - Shaw practicing

Old
03-20-2014, 09:47 AM
xX Hot Fuss

vCash: 500
Any team building "good" that comes from a Kane injury in no way makes up for the loss of Kane. Lets not kid ourselves boys, this injury is going to hurt us for a while

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 09:57 AM
Kurtosis
RTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Any team building "good" that comes from a Kane injury in no way makes up for the loss of Kane. Lets not kid ourselves boys, this injury is going to hurt us for a while
I don't think anyone is under the impression that it won't.

Kurtosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 10:43 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
I don't think anyone is under the impression that it won't.
4 posters, yourself included, are seemingly thinking that there will be this "coming together as a team" movement in the locker room that otherwise wouldn't have happened had Kane not been injured.

Old
03-20-2014, 10:45 AM
Kurtosis
RTJ

Quote:
4 posters, yourself included, are seemingly thinking that there will be this "coming together as a team" movement in the locker room that otherwise wouldn't have happened had Kane not been injured.
If you took that from my post I don't know what to tell you other than you're completely off base. Go back and reread it if you need to.

Old
03-20-2014, 10:56 AM
LBS8844

My $0.02

The news on "a minimum of 2 weeks and probably more" from P. "East Coast" McGuire having talked to Mr. Kane who'd heard from Kane's agent by mid-3rd period...awfully early to have received any kind of a definitive timetable on an obvious knee injury, however indirectly received. I'm sure they'd X-Ray'd him and performed all the physical tests; clearly by then they'd not have had time for an MRI, were it even indicated.

LTIR today seems an almost certainty given TT is presently jetting over the Atlantic. Yesterday, Stan likely had other plans for fitting TT in. Today, his job ironically is easier. The risk is the 24 days which would shelve Kane until the season finale, should he be ready to get back after it in 2 weeks. As many have stated, the rest would likely serve him and the Blackhawks well.

If one studies the schedules, one sees 3 very difficult road games for the Blues (minus Tarasenko) right now coupled with 3 arguably easier home games for the Hawks on the immediate horizon. Is first place in the Central truly out of reach? If so, then by all means get TT some time. If not, and I personally don't think it is, then Stan has a job ahead of him. Thankfully, we have a guy at the helm that has proven himself as one of the elite. Chalk me up - having witnessed first-hand what JR did in his rookie playoffs - as one wanting TT on the ice A.S.A.P.

Last edited by LBS8844: 03-20-2014 at 11:04 AM.
LBS8844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 10:59 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
If you took that from my post I don't know what to tell you other than you're completely off base. Go back and reread it if you need to.
Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
No. The rest may be good for Kane in the long PO's and the Hawks will need to play a true team game to make up for his loss.... that should also better prepare them for some tough competition come April 18th or so.
Quote:
In that case I fully agree. It's never good to have a a player of his caliber out for an extended period of time, but yes, this may bring the team closer together for the stretch run while he's out.

Not sure how else i'm supposed to take that.

Old
03-20-2014, 11:04 AM
Kurtosis
RTJ

To make up for his loss they will need to play a team game is what you put in bold. That is your point of contention?

Also, where did I say they wouldn't have come together without him?

Teams do sometimes come together to make up for losses of players-see the Tampa Bay Lightning and Stamkos.

Last edited by Kurtosis: 03-20-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Old
03-20-2014, 11:23 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Looks like there's some confusion on this between you and I then. I'll just drop it.

Old
03-20-2014, 12:28 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
It is no secret that Kane is not the best team player around... and he undoubtedly gets special status considerations from Q if he screws up on the ice. It's possible that that could perplex certain teammates and create a dressing room rift. We don't know, and I doubt we ever will. Toews seems to have a pretty good pulse on the team, hence I doubt he would allow any such feelings among teammates to fester. No one can argue that Kane is a special player with enormous talent and can turn a game around in a heart beat. Toews likewise.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 01:02 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
It is no secret that Kane is not the best team player around... and he undoubtedly gets special status considerations from Q if he screws up on the ice. It's possible that that could perplex certain teammates and create a dressing room rift. We don't know, and I doubt we ever will. Toews seems to have a pretty good pulse on the team, hence I doubt he would allow any such feelings among teammates to fester. No one can argue that Kane is a special player with enormous talent and can turn a game around in a heart beat. Toews likewise.
Maybe to you and whatever other tinfoil hat wearing society of Hawks fans you live in. I would have thought him being able to play with any single forward in our system and still put up points would make him a pretty good team player but what would i know..

Old
03-20-2014, 01:31 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
I don't really buy this at all. These guys have all been playing at highly competitive levels of hockey most of their lives. Star players get that kind of treatment, at least to an extent, at every level of hockey, especially once you get to the Junior and College levels. It's not like these guys haven't seen that kind of a thing, and even been in that position at lower levels themselves, and don't understand it. These guys are smart enough to know what a player like Kane brings to the table and what he's done in his career to help the team do what it does and I highly, highly doubt any of them give it a second thought, especially seeing as he's not the only player on this team that gets that kind of treatment. If there truly was a rift in that dressing room, it would have leaked by now and shown its face in some way, shape or form, and I doubt the team would have been cohesive enough to make a run like they did last year to win a championship if that existed. I just think this is a huge reach, personally, and don't really see where it would even come from. I'd be completely and utterly stunnedif even one player on this team, off the record, would say they'd rather have Kane not around and out of the lineup than in it, for any reason.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 02:00 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Isn't it common knowledge, as far as this kind of thing goes, that the Hawks have a great locker room? A core that's grown and won together for years.

Already said i'm dropping it so i'm going to go ahead and do that.

Old
03-20-2014, 02:16 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

I appreciate the talent of a Patrick Kane as much as anyone, and have been an unwavering Hawk fan forever, but I am not blinded by the fact that he often is an underachiever, and a lot of it is because of the way he plays the game. And why, because it is give-and-go, let the puck do the work, play as a team type of hockey that is the most effective. This becomes magnified significantly when the intensity is turned up against very skillful ops. Anyone who watched the US menís team in Olympic hockey recently saw a perfect illustration of a talented Kane unable to do much, because he tries to do too much on his own. If Kane played the team game better, heíd be right up there with Crosby every year and Hawks would be even better than they are. Deny it if you wish, but thatís how I see it.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 02:20 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
I appreciate the talent of a Patrick Kane as much as anyone, and have been an unwavering Hawk fan forever, but I am not blinded by the fact that he often is an underachiever, and a lot of it is because of the way he plays the game. And why, because it is give-and-go, let the puck do the work, play as a team type of hockey that is the most effective. This becomes magnified significantly when the intensity is turned up against very skillful ops. Anyone who watched the US menís team in Olympic hockey recently saw a perfect illustration of a talented Kane unable to do much, because he tries to do too much on his own. If Kane played the team game better, heíd be right up there with Crosby every year and Hawks would be even better than they are. Deny it if you wish, but thatís how I see it.
I'm not denying any of that so much as I am any notion of a rift in the dressing room on account of him or any special treatment he gets.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 03:25 PM
SLarmer28

Wow! So much Kane hate!

Fiddy has tainted the masses.

SLarmer28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 08:11 PM
ReillyO

Not as many points as Crosby = underachieving. All righty then.

ReillyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 09:46 PM
ndgt10

Loss of Kane gives Colorado a 85% chance of getting 2nd in my calculation. As a result, I think the Hawks should rest Toews, Hossa, Sharp, Keith, Seabrook, and Crawford for most of the rest of the season to get them primed for the playoffs.

ndgt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 09:47 PM
ndgt10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReillyO View Post
Not as many points as Crosby = underachieving. All righty then.
Kane isn't as good as Crosby .

ndgt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 10:05 PM
here come the

I thought I was little biased against Kane until I started reading this board. The guy has a cup winning goal and a Smythe and no matter his flaws shows up in big games, come on

here come the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 10:12 PM
TK
Global Moderator

The Kane hate is ridiculous. I can't believe what I just read.

03-20-2014, 11:36 PM
skiba77777

Some of you don't deserve Patrick Kane.

skiba77777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 01:28 AM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zovirax View Post
Whoosh.

Chris Hansen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 01:38 AM
Pepe Silvia

Quote:
No ****. You missed the whole point.

Pepe Silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 05:47 AM
ReillyO

Quote:
Yes....that was my point. No one is as good as Crosby.

ReillyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 06:48 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Kane is great. End of story. Every team would be happy to have him... We won't be a better team without him -

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote