HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

PRE-SEASON | Penguins at Chicago Blackhawks | Sept 19 | 8 p.m. | TV: ROOT

Closed Thread

Old
09-19-2013, 08:51 PM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzsche Zone Play View Post
Tyler Dellow has been doing a bunch of research on second chance shots given up by forwards on the ice, and guess who the worst three in the league were last season? Vitale, Glass, and Adams.

as high as the Pens are on advanced stats, I wonder if they know that?
Yes, but they do have a soft spot for Vitale, who obviously bears the brunt of blame there.

Old
09-19-2013, 08:51 PM
Nietzsche Zone Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 View Post
It was 2 good ones behind the net. He's been really solid tonight, i really don't know what DB wants more from him
I don't think it's what he's looking for from him this season, it's what he wants the lineup to look like. if they want more balance, putting Bennett on L3 looks to be a very solid idea (based on tonight). Sutter is flying - having those two weapons, along with solid defensive play, would make the team even more dangerous. Bennett is a huge upgrade on Cooke or TK.

Old
09-19-2013, 08:52 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Only in Boston did DB finally play him and besides Malkin down there he was probably our best forward. DB better use him in all offensive situations this year
Bingo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle Fries View Post
Maybe if he was playing with some other skilled players we would be...
Here's a real outside the box thought. Now, bear with me for a moment. There apparently is an open position at L2 LW. First line is set, because the best regular season line in hockey always steps up when playing a tough defensive team in the playoffs. But, Malkin probably could use a guy to work give and go's with him, lead the forecheck, stuff like that which Malone and even Talbot used to do. Now, here's the crazy idea: Wouldn't it be fascinating to put the team's best winger in the one open spot in the top six?

Old
09-19-2013, 08:53 PM
66-30-33

Does BB ever have a bad game? must be a robot.

Old
09-19-2013, 08:54 PM
Old Gregg
I'm Old Gregg!!

I would love to see Bennett on Crosby's wing. Put one of dupuis or Kunitz with malkin.

Old
09-19-2013, 08:55 PM
vabm8
Injured Reserve

Quote:
It was 2 good ones behind the net. He's been really solid tonight, i really don't know what DB wants more from him
All Bennett has to do is get older and be less talented.

Old
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
I don't think it's what he's looking for from him this season, it's what he wants the lineup to look like. if they want more balance, putting Bennett on L3 looks to be a very solid idea (based on tonight). Sutter is flying - having those two weapons, along with solid defensive play, would make the team even more dangerous. Bennett is a huge upgrade on Cooke or TK.
No one can snipe like Bennett in the bottom 6. A 3rd line of D'agostini - Sutter - Jokinen can help contribute as well. I guess we soon find out but nothing surprises me anymore with DB

Old
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabm8 View Post
Enough for the regular season, which I think encourages Bylsma ridiculousness.

Vitale.
Haha this was what I was trying to say...should have included that in my post..oh well

Anyways Bennet's been pretty damn good so far, seems like his play making skills are getting better and better

Old
09-19-2013, 08:56 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabm8 View Post
All Bennett has to do is get older and be less talented.
haha, nice.

Old
09-19-2013, 08:56 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Screw balance. The team's best winger belongs with Crosby or Malkin, not Sutter.

Old
09-19-2013, 08:57 PM
Waffle Fries

Quote:
Bennett is the best winger on the team. He should absolutely not be on the third line. I'd rather not see his gorgeous plays being flubbed by D'Agostini the entire season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
Does BB ever have a bad game? must be a robot.
Doesn't seem like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo sad bro View Post
I would love to see Bennett on Crosby's wing. Put one of dupuis or Kunitz with malkin.
Their games are perfectly suited for each other. Crosby needs someone exactly like Beau and Malkin needs that winger that is good defensively and along the boards. It makes so much sense, which means it will never happen. For our top nine I would just like to see:

Kunitz/Dupuis-Crosby-Bennett
Kunitz/Dupuis/Jokinen-Malkin-Neal
Jokinen/Dupuis-Sutter-D'Agostini

Old
Nietzsche Zone Play

I don't understand why people are getting upset at the lineup tonight (or any other preseason game other than the final one). this is when the team is supposed to experiment.

Old
66-30-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo sad bro View Post
Kunitz has more chemistry with Malkin then Dupuis does. No brainer of the 2 who you move down.

BB-Crosby-Dupuis
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal

Old
09-19-2013, 08:59 PM
SEALBound
Fancy Conor McSheary

For those watching the intermission, the lil kid is the man! Good on ya kid! Way to go!

Old
09-19-2013, 08:59 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Kunitz has more chemistry with Malkin then Dupuis does. No brainer of the 2 who you move down.

BB-Crosby-Dupuis
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
People suggested a comparable idea in last year's playoffs. Lot of good it did then. Lot of good it will do now.

Sid or Geno. I don't care. BB needs to be in the top six, period.

Old
09-19-2013, 09:01 PM
bambamcam4ever
107 and counting

Quote:

BB-Crosby-Dupuis
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Probably, but when was the last time Dupuis played with Malkin?

Old
vabm8
Injured Reserve

Quote:

BB-Crosby-Dupuis
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
I'd like to see Dupuis tried with Malkin again, just to see if anything has changed, or Dupuis on the third line and Jokinen/x with Malkin.

Old
ss53mech

Correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't bennet's natural position RW? If so, would those who have seen more of his play in that position comment on this one. I'm trying to figure out if moving him to RW would affect his game as in making him more/less playmaker/shooter, more/less effective.

If he's as effective or more in his natural position the logical answer to me is

Duper-Sid-Beauner
Kuhn-Geno-Neal
Jokinen/Jeffrey-Sutter-Jokinen/Sutter
Bum-Loser-Kobasew
Vitale

I include Bum and loser only because Disco has "stapeled" them to the team.

Thoughts?

Old
09-19-2013, 09:02 PM
66-30-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
For those watching the intermission, the lil kid is the man! Good on ya kid! Way to go!
Roomate has the TV playing GTA 5 or i'd be watching so i'm just watching the rest of the JRE (Joe Rogan Entertainment podcast), now i'm about to head out to do my workout (Insanity).

Old
09-19-2013, 09:03 PM
OGBobbyFarnham

Yea, i really like Kobasew.
He's speedy enough to get in on the forecheck and make things happen on a 3rd line and if Beau has a slump or gets injured, he can be bumped up to top six wing.

Old
09-19-2013, 09:05 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambamcam4ever View Post
Probably, but when was the last time Dupuis played with Malkin?
The 2009-2010 season, and it wasn't pretty. That said, if THAT is the price to pay for Beauner in the top six, then so be it. As I said, the most important thing is for the team's four best wingers to be in the top six and not throw some lesser alternative on Malkin's wing in the name of giving the third line more 'balance'. That **** has to stop already.

Old
09-19-2013, 09:06 PM
ObsessedCreative*

I really thought we were going to draft Saad at the time and was shocked we didn't.

Now I am pissed we didn't grab him when we had the chance, but then again it's not like the disco dip-**** would have ever played him or gave him even a chance to succeed... Ughh

Old
Nietzsche Zone Play

I love Bennett, so don't get the wrong idea here, but he has 3 career goals. he is not a better NHL winger at this point than Neal or Kunitz. he could/should end up better than both of them - maybe sooner rather than later - but to say he is better right now is based almost solely on expectation and excitement.

Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheKid8787 View Post
Yea, i really like Kobasew.
He's speedy enough to get in on the forecheck and make things happen on a 3rd line and if Beau has a slump or gets injured, he can be bumped up to top six wing.
He also brings a little more size to the table, the type of size that makes the Jokinen-Sutter combo more palatable.

EDIT: Nice drop pass D'Agostini . . . ugh.

Old
09-19-2013, 09:08 PM
Fordy
the kid signify

I hate to encourage Dan but I feel like Kobasew is a guy that could have Dupuis-esque post-30 resurgence. Not to the extent of Dupuis but if he adopts his attitude and workouts he could become an very good third liner with Sutter. Very short sighted since I'm basing this off some preseason games, but it is a feeling I get watching him. It's no reason not to put Beau with Crosby though.

Closed Thread