HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Capitals vs Flyers Possibly for 2015 Winter Classic

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-20-2013, 01:36 PM
  #1
Kevin Danko
Web Design
 
Kevin Danko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 4,092
vCash: 897
Capitals vs Flyers Possibly for 2015 Winter Classic

Here's the link http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=432321

What are your thoughts on Flyers reportedly being finalists for visiting the caps for the winter classic in 2015?

Not really a fan of Washington vs Philly but give me Flyers vs. Crosby's at Beaver Stadium - im in.

Kevin Danko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 02:30 PM
  #2
PhillyFlying
Registered User
 
PhillyFlying's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindank View Post
Here's the link http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=432321

What are your thoughts on Flyers reportedly being finalists for visiting the caps for the winter classic in 2015?

Not really a fan of Washington vs Philly but give me Flyers vs. Crosby's at Beaver Stadium - im in.
boo.

not worth the hype for 2 points we're bound to lose out on.

i'm with you. the next winter classic we play a part in really ought to be against the pens somewhere in neutral PA. would instantly be the best winter classic IMO.

PhillyFlying is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 02:38 PM
  #3
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,353
vCash: 491
According to Rob Rossi, neither team wanted to lose a home game (Beaver Stadium), thus the discussion ended.

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 02:40 PM
  #4
MP92
Registered User
 
MP92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,279
vCash: 500
Im over the Winter classic tbh. It was cool the first few times, now it's just another game to me. Nothing really special about it anymore. Plus we always lose when we're in one.

MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 08:11 AM
  #5
MASE THE ACE
Registered User
 
MASE THE ACE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOREacek View Post
Im over the Winter classic tbh. It was cool the first few times, now it's just another game to me. Nothing really special about it anymore. Plus we always lose when we're in one.
agreed, plus it sucks to be there. view blows, froze my ass off.

MASE THE ACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 12:41 PM
  #6
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au
 
FlyersFanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOREacek View Post
Im over the Winter classic tbh. It was cool the first few times, now it's just another game to me. Nothing really special about it anymore. Plus we always lose when we're in one.
Agreed. Plus the greater potential of injuries due to bad conditions.

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 01:00 PM
  #7
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,504
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by backburner View Post
agreed, plus it sucks to be there. view blows, froze my ass off.
If it's in DC you likely won't have to worry about freezing. There's a solid chance it'll be 60+ degrees. That tends to happen from time to time.

I wouldn't want them playing in DC. The risk is too high that it'll be warm, the ice condition could be crap, injuries could occur.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 01:11 PM
  #8
Mystlyfe
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
If it's in DC you likely won't have to worry about freezing. There's a solid chance it'll be 60+ degrees. That tends to happen from time to time.

I wouldn't want them playing in DC. The risk is too high that it'll be warm, the ice condition could be crap, injuries could occur.
The average high in DC on January 1st is 44F. While you're right that "from time to time" it will exceed 60F (the record, set in 2005, is 69F), it's unlikely.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 02:33 PM
  #9
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,504
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
The average high in DC on January 1st is 44F. While you're right that "from time to time" it will exceed 60F (the record, set in 2005, is 69F), it's unlikely.
We just had a pretty mild winter; if that happens again it will be inconvenient.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 06:04 PM
  #10
WhiskeyBoarder
Flyers West HQ
 
WhiskeyBoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
We just had a pretty mild winter; if that happens again it will be inconvenient.
I can second that.

WhiskeyBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.