HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2013-2014 Abbotsford Heat Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-27-2013, 05:09 AM
  #176
Method Man
Bring the Pain
 
Method Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,857
vCash: 50
Haven't been able to watch Saturday's game yet, planned to at work but our "upgrades" to our system have it running 1000x worse than before.

But from looking at the AHL website I have been able to deduce the following.

Abbotsford 1 - Lake Erie 3

Scoring Summary:

1. ABB Knight, (3) (Street, MacKenzie), 9:46 (PP)
2. LE Sgarbossa, (1) (Agozzino, Olver), 3:48 (PP)
2. LE Hishon, (2) (Desbiens, Olver), 4:56
3. LE Desbiens, (1) (Tam, Olver), 4:55

Penalties Summary:

1 - LE Olver, 6:41 - Double minor - High-sticking, 4 min (2 PP)
1 - LE Wyman, 10:26 - Tripping, 2 min (PP)
1 - ABB Wotherspoon, 12:43 - Hooking, 2 min (PP)
2 - ABB Horak, 2:56 - Hooking, 2 min (PP)
2 - LE Olver, 5:36 - Roughing, 2 min
2 - ABB Reinhart, 5:36 - Roughing, 2 min
2 - LE Malone, 17:46 - Unsportsmanlike conduct, 2 min
2 - LE Malone, 17:46 - Roughing, 2 min (PP)
2 - ABB Lamb, 17:46 - Unsportsmanlike conduct, 2 min
3 - ABB Horak, 12:20 - Tripping, 2 min (PP)
3 - LE Lauridsen, 14:57 - Delay of game, 2 min (PP)

Special Teams:

Heat PP - 1/5
Monsters PP - 1/3

Three Stars:

1. LE - 10 Mark Olver
2. LE - 27 Guillaume Desbiens
3. ABB - 11 Corban Knight


I will give my thoughts and faceoff stats and such when I am able to watch the game. Assuming they ever fix this ****

Method Man is offline  
Old
10-27-2013, 12:37 PM
  #177
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,513
vCash: 500
The Heat aren't scoring goals it seems. If they have the same system, I wonder if its Ward?

MarkGio is offline  
Old
10-27-2013, 12:50 PM
  #178
herashak
Registered User
 
herashak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,239
vCash: 50
So knights been doing good?

herashak is offline  
Old
10-27-2013, 02:23 PM
  #179
Flames Fanatic
Mediocre
 
Flames Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cochrane
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,152
vCash: 1127
Is Sieloff hurt? I see he's only played in 2 games. A little disconcerting that we kept him up otherwise.

Flames Fanatic is offline  
Old
10-27-2013, 02:24 PM
  #180
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,570
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
Is Sieloff hurt? I see he's only played in 2 games. A little disconcerting that we kept him up otherwise.
Yes he is hurt.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
10-27-2013, 06:09 PM
  #181
Method Man
Bring the Pain
 
Method Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,857
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
Is Sieloff hurt? I see he's only played in 2 games. A little disconcerting that we kept him up otherwise.
From the previous page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
**Patrick Sieloff injury update**

Sieloff is out indefinitely with a staph infection. He is currently in Calgary with team doctors.

This comes per Mike Cadarette who is probably the most reliable Heat source.

Method Man is offline  
Old
10-27-2013, 06:25 PM
  #182
Method Man
Bring the Pain
 
Method Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,857
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
Haven't been able to watch Saturday's game yet, planned to at work but our "upgrades" to our system have it running 1000x worse than before.

But from looking at the AHL website I have been able to deduce the following.

Abbotsford 1 - Lake Erie 3

Scoring Summary:

1. ABB Knight, (3) (Street, MacKenzie), 9:46 (PP)
2. LE Sgarbossa, (1) (Agozzino, Olver), 3:48 (PP)
2. LE Hishon, (2) (Desbiens, Olver), 4:56
3. LE Desbiens, (1) (Tam, Olver), 4:55

Penalties Summary:

1 - LE Olver, 6:41 - Double minor - High-sticking, 4 min (2 PP)
1 - LE Wyman, 10:26 - Tripping, 2 min (PP)
1 - ABB Wotherspoon, 12:43 - Hooking, 2 min (PP)
2 - ABB Horak, 2:56 - Hooking, 2 min (PP)
2 - LE Olver, 5:36 - Roughing, 2 min
2 - ABB Reinhart, 5:36 - Roughing, 2 min
2 - LE Malone, 17:46 - Unsportsmanlike conduct, 2 min
2 - LE Malone, 17:46 - Roughing, 2 min (PP)
2 - ABB Lamb, 17:46 - Unsportsmanlike conduct, 2 min
3 - ABB Horak, 12:20 - Tripping, 2 min (PP)
3 - LE Lauridsen, 14:57 - Delay of game, 2 min (PP)

Special Teams:

Heat PP - 1/5
Monsters PP - 1/3

Three Stars:

1. LE - 10 Mark Olver
2. LE - 27 Guillaume Desbiens
3. ABB - 11 Corban Knight


I will give my thoughts and faceoff stats and such when I am able to watch the game. Assuming they ever fix this ****
I have finally been able to watch the game, so here are my thoughts, the lines and faceoffs info.

Lineup:

Bancks - Byron - Hanowski
Reinhart - Street - Jones
Horak - Knight - Nemisz
Elson - Granlund - Olson

Arsene - MacKenzie
Billins - McKelvie
Wotherspoon - Lamb

Berra

Thoughts:

1st
  • The Monsters really seem to be controlling the play, Berra has been coming up big, as had Horak with a couple blocked shots.
  • Somehow the Monster pressure turned into a Heat PP, Arsene did a good job taking a stick to the face and bleeding to draw 4 minutes.
  • MacKenzie has a big shot but it seems to take him forever to get it off.
  • Like last night the Heat PP unit is centers 1 through 4 plus a defenseman.
  • The other PP unit also has 4 forward with Reinhart centering the unit with Horak and Hanowski as wingers and Jones on the point.
  • Knight buries a Street rebound near the end of the 4 minute PP. 1-0 Heat.
  • Really strong period for Berra so far, the Heat seem to hve trouble getting the puck out today.
  • Billins tripped behind the night right after a draw, Heat PP
  • T-Spoon in the box for hooking, and after good pressure Olson makes a diving play to get it deep in the Monsters zone allowing everyone to chance.
  • Final 5 of the first and the Monsters are building pressure, forcing Berra to make more good saves.
  • Nice steal by Knight at the Monster blueline, creating a very dangerous scoring chance.
  • The period ended up being pretty even overall and is reflected in the shot totals as the shots are 11-10 for Lake Erie.

2nd
  • Billins with a bad giveaway in the nautral zone just tossing it casually up the middle. Fortunately they shot straight into Berra's chest.
  • Reinhart great steal at the Monster's bluelin creates a 3 on 1 but he doesn't even look to see if a pass is available and is stopped easily high blocker side.
  • Knight tries clearing off the glass, the monsters do a good job of keeping it in, so Horak hooks the player to impede his progress. Monsters PP.
  • Sgarbossa takes a cross ice pass (from low circle to circle) that went through 2 defenders and hammers the one timers home. Tie game.
  • Moments later Berra is hung out to dry. Monster complete a tic tac toe passing play as they enter the zone (top left circle, to low/inside far circle to the near corner of the crease), Berra had no chance. Monsters take 2-1 lead.
  • Lots of scrambly play on both sides, both teams seems to be going back and forth without generating good scoring chances, or shots in the case of the Heat.
  • Berra with a nice sliding poke check to eliminate a scoring chnce.
  • Malone shoved Berra! What the ****? Obvious interference call (similar to Nieminen in the '04 playoffs to Cujo except the puck was behind the Heat net), Lamb grabs Malone but doesn't even punch him. I don't care if it eliminates a PP you have to beat the **** out of Malone for that. Wow and even worse tehy call Lamb for roughing for not doing anything, wow weak ****ing call. Ok so even weirder, they give coincidenctal minors for the grabbing and talking (not even a shove) and then an extra 2 to the Heat player. I supposed I can live with that since Lamb didn't amke him eat his teeth.
  • the PP takes up all but a few seconds of whats left in the period, but the Heat can't sustain any pressure.
  • shots in the 2nd were 10-6 for Lake Erie.

3rd
  • The 3rd is looking like the 2nd. We are a few minutes in and I am not sure either goalie has had to make a save. Lots of missed shots, blocked shots and broken plays.
  • Desbiens gets in behind Arsene to receive a breakaway pass and buries it 5hole, 2-1 Monsters.
  • Niemo goes hard to the net and almost bangs in a rebound.
  • Granlund almost scored off the draw, I am not sure what happened since the camera was on the crowd not the play.
  • This is probably the most boring period of hockey by the Heat this season. Just no chances, I don't know if I should chalk this up to good defenses or bad offenses.
  • Desbiens with another breakaway, this time Arnese take him down, should be a penalty shot but called tripping.
  • Monsters take a puck over glass penalty with 5 minutes left.
  • Desbiens is having an awesome game, now he just had a huge block at the end of the PK. 1g, 1a, a couple blocks, a couple breakaways and he is just always in the mix. I really wish we still had him.
  • 30 seconds left faceoff in the monsters end, the Heat do something the Flames would never do. Win 3 faceoffs in the offensive zone to generate shots on goal. Unfortunately no avail.

Faceoffs:
disclaimer: I tallied these myself, numbers are not 100% accurate as AHL feeds use in rink cameras and many faceoffs are not caught on camera, this also only includes 3 of the games so far.
Player Name Wins Tonight Losses Tonight Total Wins Total Losses Overall %
Bancks, Carter 0 3 4 4 50.00%
Byron, Paul 7 4 19 16 54.29%
Granlund, Markus 3 3 12 11 52.17%
Jones, Blair 1 0 1 0 100.00%
Jooris, Josh 0 0 3 1 75.00%
Knight, Corban 10 3 16 8 66.67%
Nemisz, Greg 0 0 0 1 0.00%
Olson, Brett 1 0 4 6 40.00%
Reinhart, Max 1 2 8 11 42.11%
Street, Ben 9 5 16 10 61.54%

I knew Knight was good on draws during the game but when I tallied them up I was astonished. 10/13 is incredible, just dominant. Street was no slouch either at 9/14!

Method Man is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 09:34 AM
  #183
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker
 
Hand of Gaudreau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,617
vCash: 500
Both of our Euro goalies had good weekends, glad to see their both playing well. Have they shipped Brossoit back to the E yet?

Hand of Gaudreau is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 11:42 AM
  #184
Method Man
Bring the Pain
 
Method Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,857
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFinnishStarter View Post
Both of our Euro goalies had good weekends, glad to see their both playing well. Have they shipped Brossoit back to the E yet?
not officially but he was seen heading to the airport after Saturday's game, should be official early this week

Method Man is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 11:57 AM
  #185
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,570
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
not officially but he was seen heading to the airport after Saturday's game, should be official early this week
Awesome news statistically he did great

4 games, 1.01 GAA, .944 SV%

Hopefully he can keep it going in the AHL.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 02:41 PM
  #186
InfinityIggy
Moderator
No Longer Flammable
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,107
vCash: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Awesome news statistically he did great

4 games, 1.01 GAA, .944 SV%

Hopefully he can keep it going in the AHL.
Thats great news. I always felt we undervalued him as a board a little bit in light of also having Ortio and Gillies.

__________________
IV
InfinityIggy is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 02:43 PM
  #187
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,570
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Thats great news. I always felt we undervalued him as a board a little bit in light of also having Ortio and Gillies.
Those are Ortio's stats

Brossoit got shelled in his 1 game.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 02:56 PM
  #188
InfinityIggy
Moderator
No Longer Flammable
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,107
vCash: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Those are Ortio's stats

Brossoit got shelled in his 1 game.
Damnit.

InfinityIggy is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 03:37 PM
  #189
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker
 
Hand of Gaudreau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Those are Ortio's stats

Brossoit got shelled in his 1 game.
Are they just going to keep them going back and forth to make sure they both get their starts in? Because I don't see either of them pulling starts from Berra until Berra leaves the AHL, in which case either Ramo will be getting AHL starts or MacD will no longer be a Flame. I prefer the latter.

Hand of Gaudreau is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 06:41 PM
  #190
Method Man
Bring the Pain
 
Method Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,857
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Those are Ortio's stats

Brossoit got shelled in his 1 game.
Shelled is an understatement, Brossoit was lit up like the 4th of July. Think Irving vs the Bruins except no mercy pulling. It was beyond ugly and I am still not pleased he never got a mercy hook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFinnishStarter View Post
Are they just going to keep them going back and forth to make sure they both get their starts in? Because I don't see either of them pulling starts from Berra until Berra leaves the AHL, in which case either Ramo will be getting AHL starts or MacD will no longer be a Flame. I prefer the latter.
I think that is the plan, at least it was my prediction when they first sent Ortio to Alaska.

My line of thinking is now that the Heat are heading into an unusual stretch where they will actually play some weekday games that both Berra and Ortio will see some action. In October the Heat only have 10 games, 8 of which were fri/sat, 1 was a Sunday and 1 will be this coming Wednesday. However in November the Heat play 15 games, 5 of which actually fall on weekdays (all in a 3 week span).

This change in the schedule will allow Berra to sit a few times without using the backup in half the games. The next 26 (starting Wednesday) look like this:
  • @ Utica
  • day off
  • @ Utica
  • @ Hamilton
  • day off
  • day off
  • vs San Antonio
  • vs San Antonio
  • day off
  • day off
  • vs Toronto
  • vs Toronto
  • day off
  • day off
  • @ Texas
  • day off
  • @ Oklahoma City
  • @ Oklahoma City
  • day off
  • day off
  • @ Milwaukee
  • @ Rockford
  • day off
  • day off
  • @ Iowa
  • @ Iowa

That's 14 games in 26 nights. I fully expect Ortio to start 4 of them.

Method Man is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 06:43 PM
  #191
akacesfan
Leafs/Aces/Seawolves
 
akacesfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Anchorage, AK
Country: United States
Posts: 317
vCash: 536
Hey everyone. I guess I'd be willing to report on all the Aces stuff that goes on.

10/25 Aces 3 @ Las Vegas 2

Good game by everyone. Andy Taranto scored with just 4:46 remaining to lift the Aces past the Wranglers 3-2. Orchio stopped 14 of 16 and the Aces outshot Vegas 44-16.

10/26 Aces 7 @ Las Vegas 2

Aces fell into a 2-0 hole quickly, but scored 7 unanswered to lift the Aces past Vegas. Tim Coffman had two goals and two assists in the victory. Mark Guggenberger stopped 11 of 13 in the win, and the Aces fired 46 shots on net.

10/27 Aces 3 @ Las Vegas 0

SHUTOUT! Ortio stopped all 18 shots he faced in the 3-0 victory to complete the sweep. Overall, it was a great weekend. Aces outshot the Wranglers 133-47 in the three game sweep.

akacesfan is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 10:18 PM
  #192
Method Man
Bring the Pain
 
Method Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,857
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by akacesfan View Post
Hey everyone. I guess I'd be willing to report on all the Aces stuff that goes on.

10/25 Aces 3 @ Las Vegas 2

Good game by everyone. Andy Taranto scored with just 4:46 remaining to lift the Aces past the Wranglers 3-2. Orchio stopped 14 of 16 and the Aces outshot Vegas 44-16.

10/26 Aces 7 @ Las Vegas 2

Aces fell into a 2-0 hole quickly, but scored 7 unanswered to lift the Aces past Vegas. Tim Coffman had two goals and two assists in the victory. Mark Guggenberger stopped 11 of 13 in the win, and the Aces fired 46 shots on net.

10/27 Aces 3 @ Las Vegas 0

SHUTOUT! Ortio stopped all 18 shots he faced in the 3-0 victory to complete the sweep. Overall, it was a great weekend. Aces outshot the Wranglers 133-47 in the three game sweep.
much appreciated

Method Man is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 10:54 PM
  #193
Method Man
Bring the Pain
 
Method Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,857
vCash: 50
Some team stats.

4-4-1 overall record
3rd place in West Division
8th in the Western Conference
29th in PK%
16th in times Shorthanded per game
Tied for last in shorthanded goals for with 0
20th in PP%
9th in PP chances per game
tied for 12th (with 8 other teams) in shorthanded goals against with 1
23rd in PIM per game
18th in goals against per game
19th in goals for per game

Method Man is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 09:09 AM
  #194
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker
 
Hand of Gaudreau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
Some team stats.

4-4-1 overall record
3rd place in West Division
8th in the Western Conference
29th in PK%
16th in times Shorthanded per game
Tied for last in shorthanded goals for with 0
20th in PP%
9th in PP chances per game
tied for 12th (with 8 other teams) in shorthanded goals against with 1
23rd in PIM per game
18th in goals against per game
19th in goals for per game
Geez, even with a 9 goal shelling we're still in 18th place in GAA lol.

Hand of Gaudreau is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 09:40 AM
  #195
Method Man
Bring the Pain
 
Method Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,857
vCash: 50
The Flames farm team is officially in Utica..... as the road team to play the struggling Utica Comets.


Abbotsford Heat (4-4-1) @ Utica Comets (0-5-1)

No game preview, but apparently in honour of Halloween tonight is "Leon Etienne Night" which is some magician from Utica who will be performing during the 1st intermission. I think it's just an attempt to show the hockey world that they have something up their sleeve and can actually win a game.

Method Man is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 11:59 AM
  #196
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
Some team stats.

4-4-1 overall record
3rd place in West Division
8th in the Western Conference
29th in PK%
16th in times Shorthanded per game
Tied for last in shorthanded goals for with 0
20th in PP%
9th in PP chances per game
tied for 12th (with 8 other teams) in shorthanded goals against with 1
23rd in PIM per game
18th in goals against per game
19th in goals for per game
I don't like this start. This is overall mediocrity, not just a single glaring issue. Ward is having a hard time with the special teams. He's also not getting enough goals.

MarkGio is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 12:18 PM
  #197
FLAMESFAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,799
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
I don't like this start. This is overall mediocrity, not just a single glaring issue. Ward is having a hard time with the special teams. He's also not getting enough goals.
Starts mean nothing. Look at last year - they started out as the top AHL team after the first month, and missed the PO's.

FLAMESFAN is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 12:21 PM
  #198
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,570
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
I don't like this start. This is overall mediocrity, not just a single glaring issue. Ward is having a hard time with the special teams. He's also not getting enough goals.
Have to keep in mind most the team are rookies and the veterans are guys like Nemisz and Byron who aren't exactly old themselves. I think it is a decent start for a decent team.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 12:45 PM
  #199
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Have to keep in mind most the team are rookies and the veterans are guys like Nemisz and Byron who aren't exactly old themselves. I think it is a decent start for a decent team.
Yes, this is true. I think Abby needs a captain too.

MarkGio is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 01:51 PM
  #200
InfinityIggy
Moderator
No Longer Flammable
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,107
vCash: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
Shelled is an understatement, Brossoit was lit up like the 4th of July. Think Irving vs the Bruins except no mercy pulling. It was beyond ugly and I am still not pleased he never got a mercy hook.
Was he bad or was it more of a team thing?

InfinityIggy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.