HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Official Oil Kings '13-'14 Thread: WHL CHAMPIONS!

View Poll Results: Do you like the Oil Kings new jerseys?
Yes 48 57.83%
No 22 26.51%
Unsure 13 15.66%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2014, 12:33 AM
dookers9

vCash: 500
Can you say: "freaking perfect road game"?

Solid definition of what I just watched. As stated above, the solid systems play was amazing - all zones.

Good for you, boys. One more.

Old
05-10-2014, 08:59 AM
JordanGalhanth

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
He's calling it like it is. For that I say job well done.
...so the referees really were that bad??

Speaking of "not" calling it like it is, on the other hand, I just browsed past the Whimperhawks' Facebook page, and it is Comedy central there. Just about every comment is some kind of disparaging remark towards the officiating; I've never seen that many officiating complaints in one place, Facebook or otherwise. "You can't beat the Oil Queens and the refs!" "Refs lost this game!" "No penalty shot called!" One user even posted the WHL Head Office address for fans to write in complaints...

I love how they're all totally oblivious to the fact that their own beloved Hawks have gotten away with more than their fair share of antics as well.

EDIT: This just in: the Hawks are already selling tickets for Game 7 and announcing the starting time like it's a done deal. I get that you want to fill the building and sell as many tickets as fast as you can...but still. Now I'm cheering even harder for the Oil Kings.

Last edited by JordanGalhanth: 05-10-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old
05-10-2014, 11:08 AM
Q Continuum
You are Wrong

vCash: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanGalhanth View Post

EDIT: This just in: the Hawks are already selling tickets for Game 7 and announcing the starting time like it's a done deal. I get that you want to fill the building and sell as many tickets as fast as you can...but still. Now I'm cheering even harder for the Oil Kings.
While I understand the method behind that, that's still rather ridiculous. I couldn't get game six tickets until they won game 4.

Last edited by Q Continuum: 05-10-2014 at 11:19 AM.
Old
05-10-2014, 11:41 AM
MoneyGuy

Isn't it reasonable that tickets go on sale for a possible game 7 when there is a one-day turn around? Let's not make something out of nothing. However, I hope it helps motivate the boys.

Old
05-10-2014, 11:51 AM
Brewster

Reffing has been questionably both ways; we've certainly gotten away with a bunch, but they have too. Case in point, the play where Corbett was hooked into the boards by Leier and smashed his head on the ice/lower boards. Or, the play (game 1 I think?) where Dumba hooked Petryk, causing him to fall and turn over the puck to the 'Hawks, who went in and scored. If they're (Portland fans) whining about biased calls they're kidding themsleves- it's been consistently terrible for both clubs.

Anyways, an outstanding game by the Kings. Again, hats off to the defensive corps. They're simply stifling the transition game of the 'Hawks. Jarry was an absolute monster. Eller had an insane game. Honestly, the entire team dedicated themselves to playing the perfect playoff road game and they executed. Hopefully there's a boisterous crowd on Sunday to cheer the boys on and help them towards a second championship! Should be fun!

Old
05-10-2014, 11:58 AM
Up the Irons

vCash: 480
Quote:
...so the referees really were that bad??

Speaking of "not" calling it like it is, on the other hand, I just browsed past the Whimperhawks' Facebook page, and it is Comedy central there. Just about every comment is some kind of disparaging remark towards the officiating; I've never seen that many officiating complaints in one place, Facebook or otherwise. "You can't beat the Oil Queens and the refs!" "Refs lost this game!" "No penalty shot called!" One user even posted the WHL Head Office address for fans to write in complaints...

I love how they're all totally oblivious to the fact that their own beloved Hawks have gotten away with more than their fair share of antics as well. :loony:
that, and how the high-flying Hawks, who had scored 5 goals in every playoff game, have scored a whopping 4 goals in 3 games (one being fluke off of Reinhart's chest), have been completely shutdown, and indeed, schooled in sound, 3 zones hockey.

Laxdal and crew deserve a lot of credit for the adjustments they have made.
They have taken way their criss-cross play at the red-line, have kept them to the outside, just to name a few of the Hawks favourite plays. Brilliant coaching.

Old
05-10-2014, 12:21 PM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

Pairs in the lower bowl still available! Just picked up a deuce for myself and the kiddo. Should be a blast tomorrow.

Old
05-10-2014, 12:50 PM
Hockey Buddha
Darnell Nurse

Awesome. I was thinking that the boys were headed for golf. Now clearly, they are in the driver's seat. Wish that I could make the game!

Old
05-10-2014, 12:59 PM
Spawn

Awesome for the team. I'd love to go tomorrow but once again genius planning has the Oil Kings playing Game 6 at 4:00 in the afternoon on Mothers Day.

Hasn't this exact same situation happened before?

Old
05-10-2014, 01:02 PM
Q Continuum
You are Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Awesome for the team. I'd love to go tomorrow but once again genius planning has the Oil Kings playing Game 6 at 4:00 in the afternoon on Mothers Day.

They need to finish up fast so the champ has at least some rest prior to the Memorial Cup.

Old
05-10-2014, 01:10 PM
MoneyGuy

The Cheaterhawks will be hard to put down. The Kings have to play the same game tomorrow and Jarry and Reinhart have to play great.

Old
05-10-2014, 03:32 PM
JordanGalhanth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
Pairs in the lower bowl still available! Just picked up a deuce for myself and the kiddo. Should be a blast tomorrow.
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The curse of Psycho Dad is on Game 6!!!!

Old
05-10-2014, 06:20 PM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

Quote:
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The curse of Psycho Dad is on Game 6!!!!
2 tickets and personal credit for the championship for sale! Very reasonable price! Parking pass included!

Old
05-10-2014, 06:59 PM
dookers9

Quote:

3 options:

1. Brunch with Mother, then game
2. Game, then later dinner with Mother
3. Haul Mother off to the game

Last OKs home game. Mother will understand. If not, get new Mother.

Old
05-10-2014, 07:32 PM
JordanGalhanth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
2 tickets and personal credit for the championship for sale! Very reasonable price! Parking pass included!

Old
05-10-2014, 11:32 PM
Dipsydoodles

vCash: 738
Wait guys I have a question; I'm going to the game tomorrow and I was wondering if it was alright if I went in my Oilers jersey? I haven't gone to an Oil Kings game in over 5 years so I have no idea if it would be considered alright or 'proper'

Old
05-10-2014, 11:39 PM
DousedInOil

Well if anyone has two lower bowl ticktets and can't make it, I'll play whatever the ticket price is.

Old
05-10-2014, 11:44 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipsydoodles View Post
Wait guys I have a question; I'm going to the game tomorrow and I was wondering if it was alright if I went in my Oilers jersey? I haven't gone to an Oil Kings game in over 5 years so I have no idea if it would be considered alright or 'proper'
I would say wear whatever you want. There's absolutely nothing wrong with wearing an Oilers jersey to an Oil Kings game

05-11-2014, 12:01 AM
Gentle Jake Virtanen
canucks? time to go.

vCash: 133
Quote:
Lots of people wear Oilers jerseys, so It's hardly a big deal. Of course, you're always welcome to buy an Oil Kings jersey at the game if you want to

Old
05-11-2014, 01:37 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
I wouldnt. You dont want any of the Oiler's suck to rub off on the Oil Kings. You dont want to Bartman the team like that.

Just wear regular street clothes.

Old
05-11-2014, 02:01 AM
Q Continuum
You are Wrong

If you had told me before this series that the boys would be up 3-2 coming home for game six, I'd have laughed in your face.

It's amazing that Laxdal and the boys have been able to do what Kelowna couldn't. It quite frankly baffles me.

Old
05-11-2014, 10:05 AM
MoneyGuy

Let's pack the place.. Get them here.

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/2014-whl-...4&minorcatid=9

Old
05-11-2014, 10:50 AM
gizette2002

Quote:
Just don't wear a Calgary Hitmen jersey like the old guy sitting down the aisle from
me at the last game

Old
05-11-2014, 10:55 AM
gizette2002

Quote:

I just spent yesterday with my mom and my daughter visited my son at work and will
be ditching the husband today ( so he can visit his mother) and going to the game with my brother ( we share season tickets)

Old
05-11-2014, 11:59 AM
jdd4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q Continuum View Post
If you had told me before this series that the boys would be up 3-2 coming home for game six, I'd have laughed in your face.

It's amazing that Laxdal and the boys have been able to do what Kelowna couldn't. It quite frankly baffles me.
Are you trying to say it doesn't take 82 games to teach a new defensive system? I'm really confused here...

Closed Thread