HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Article On Skrlac...Looks Like Our Future Enforcer

Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2003, 07:42 AM
Devils Unseen Hand

vCash: 500
Article On Skrlac...Looks Like Our Future Enforcer

I received an email from "The Source" whom I haven't spoken to in like...gees...2+ months.

Anyhow, he didn't say much, but he did forward me an sub-article (from where I have no clue...somewhere in Europe I guess) and it was on Rob Skrlac.

An interesting read nonetheless. See it below:

Skrlac gets the nod, makes a statement.

In the Devils fourth preseason game last night, Rob Skrlac was called in the make the Flyers aware of what will to happen to them in the future should they continue their vicious ways.

Donald Brashear, who has been making the Devils pay early in the preseason with his fists, sat out of last night's game against the Devils. Lucky for him, he did.

The Devils played their upcoming super heavyweight, Rob Skrlac. Standing at 6'6" and 250 pounds, he wasted little time in annihilating Flyers backup enforcer, Todd Fedoruk. Many Flyers players watched wide-eyed on the bench, as their teammate take a horrific pounding at the hands of the man comically nicknamed, "Skrlac the Destroyer."

"When Coach Burns told me to make a statement tonight, I knew what he met." Said Skrlac after last night's game. "I know my role and it isn't to score goals. Its to keep the opponent in line."

With the departure of Jim Mckenzie to Nashville, coupled with Turner Stevenson out for a groin injury and possibly for a while, the Devils are without a legitimate heavyweight. Although Skrlac knows he'll only be needed for Divisional "Ice Wars," he's more than happy to know he'll be needed this season with the Devils.

"If they (opponents) keep it clean, good for the game and my teammates. If they decide not to, well, that works for me too," holding up his fist which resembles that of a peewee league sized football.

"The choice is theirs, either way, I'll be happy to play!"

Old
09-28-2003, 08:04 AM
NJ_Devil_Boy

I for one am very excited. We know he's been around the AHL, but we will finally get to see what he can do in the NHL. I know he's a goon, but maybe he'll surprise us can log 10 mins a game.

Old
09-28-2003, 08:26 AM
paxtang

That article is hilarous.

Old
09-28-2003, 08:38 AM
Unthinkable

vCash:
What a nickname!!! Sounds like something straight out of Braveheart.

Old
09-28-2003, 09:13 AM
Devils Unseen Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
That article is hilarous.
Yeah, it seems like a lot of our fighters (both past and present) were goofballs.

Between Oliwa and his goofy faces during his scraps, to Lyle Odelein and his war of the words with Barnaby, Danton and his smart-ass remarks, McKenzie and Stevenson being pranksters, etc., it seems like Skrlac fits right in there with the whole bunch!

You gotta love them. Its like being in the land of misfit goons!

Old
09-28-2003, 09:16 AM
paxtang

No i ment it is hilarous because the fight with Fedoruk was at best a draw. Sklrac is a good fighter, but that fight wasn't anything impressive.

"annihilating Flyers backup enforcer, Todd Fedoruk. Many Flyers players watched wide-eyed on the bench, as their teammate take a horrific pounding at the hands of the man comically nicknamed, 'Skrlac the Destroyer.' "

That is just a joke.

Old
09-29-2003, 04:21 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Devils Repairman
I
Skrlac gets the nod, makes a statement.

In the Devils fourth preseason game last night, Rob Skrlac was called in the make the Flyers aware of what will to happen to them in the future should they continue their vicious ways.

Donald Brashear, who has been making the Devils pay early in the preseason with his fists, sat out of last night's game against the Devils. Lucky for him, he did.

The Devils played their upcoming super heavyweight, Rob Skrlac. Standing at 6'6" and 250 pounds, he wasted little time in annihilating Flyers backup enforcer, Todd Fedoruk. Many Flyers players watched wide-eyed on the bench, as their teammate take a horrific pounding at the hands of the man comically nicknamed, "Skrlac the Destroyer."

The article is an absolute joke. The game was televised and the fight between Fedoruk & Skrlac was pretty much uneventful. Fedoruk landed 2 weak punches and Skrlac landed one punch at most.

For the most part they were just wrestling along the boards and glass.

Same goes for the Weinrich/Marshall fight, I'm not sure that either player landed a punch.

Closed Thread