HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo signs Nikita Zadorov to ELC

Old
09-25-2013, 03:52 PM
caley

vCash: 500
Buffalo signs Nikita Zadorov to ELC

Quote:
Buffalo Sabres General Manager Darcy Regier today announced that the Sabres have signed defenseman Nikita Zadorov to a three-year, entry-level contract.

The Sabres selected Zadorov (6'5", 220 lbs., 4/15/95) with the sixteenth overall pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.

"Watching Nikita throughout training camp and the preseason has solidified our opinion that he will be a good, young hockey player for our organization going forward," Regier said. "He has exceptional presence on the ice and we look forward to seeing him continue to develop as a player."
http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...source=Twitter

I imagine this is likely a precursor to him being returned to the CHL (Like Mirco Mueller the other day), but Buffalo seems pretty happy with its two 1st round picks from this past June. Ristolainen, from what I've seen of him, looks very close to being NHL-ready.

09-25-2013, 03:55 PM
"Craigs on it"

vCash: 50
Has been outstanding in preseason, much like Darnell Nurse he could probably play right now but I expect the Sabres to be cautious.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 04:10 PM
Beerz

Zads has played better than Risto this preseason...and Risto has played pretty well.

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 04:31 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
Zads has played better than Risto this preseason...and Risto has played pretty well.
Agree. I really like the way the future of our blue line looks with these two in the fold. Buffalo's gonna have a big, mean, mobile D core in a few years. I'd like to see Zads get a couple NHL games before being returned to London, given how well he's played in the pre-season, but I doubt it actually happens.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 06:33 PM
start winnin
NO MORE TANK BOYS

Soooo stoked for our blue line in a couple years. Zadorov, Ristolainen and Myers (who has looked like a new man in pre-season and camp and I am confident will have a big year). SICK SICK SICK...

start winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 06:38 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Winnin View Post
Soooo stoked for our blue line in a couple years. Zadorov, Ristolainen and Myers (who has looked like a new man in pre-season and camp and I am confident will have a big year). SICK SICK SICK...
Don't forget Pysyk, potentially the Mcs Nabb and Cabe (and Bain I suppose...nah)...and of course Ehrhoff...and possibly Weber stays around...

That blue line could not only be stacked at the top, but stacked with depth too.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 07:13 PM
lifeisruff

so hypothetically (because Zadorov is probably still going to London and McNabb is already in Rochester)

McNabb 6'4 208
Myers 6'8 219
Zadorov 6'5 220
Ristolien 6'4 219
Pysyk
Ehrhoff
as our top six

How do that defense rank in terms of size in the NHL? Certainly the biggest we've had in while.

lifeisruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 07:47 PM
The Dream
User Registered

Buffalo's defense is going to be amazing in a couple of years. However, I expect little out of them for the next two years, they should be among the worst 5 teams in the league and they will probably be in the running to get McDavid. Overall the future looks bright and it could get a whole lot better.

The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 07:56 PM
"Craigs on it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpinheiro4 View Post
Buffalo's defense is going to be amazing in a couple of years. However, I expect little out of them for the next two years, they should be among the worst 5 teams in the league and they will probably be in the running to get McDavid. Overall the future looks bright and it could get a whole lot better.
As bad as we will be I doubt we will be in the McDavid sweepstakes. We have a bunch of young players already contributing and more on the way.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 10:53 PM
The Dream
User Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
As bad as we will be I doubt we will be in the McDavid sweepstakes. We have a bunch of young players already contributing and more on the way.
True, but when I look at the standings right now I can only think of a couple teams who are worse: Calgary, Florida, Avs, and Nashville. But, two years is still a while away and maybe those young players will move them out of that bottom 5 talk. But, IMO it does look like Buffalo will need 2-3 years before making the playoffs. But, after that rebuilding periods is over they should be stacked.

The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote