HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

John Mitchell on the trading block or demanded a trade?

Old
09-25-2013, 01:25 PM
Cousin Eddie
AKA Kento

vCash: 50
I'm an Avs fan and I actually really like Mitchell, but there's just no room. He's obviously lower on the depth chart than our other centres in Duchene, Stastny, O'Reilly(who is moving to the wing) and Mackinnon. Mitchell is better than Malone but Malone is better suited as our number 4C. If we had an opening on our 3rd line for a centre I would love to keep Malkin, but having him as a 4th line centre is a bit of a waste.

Who knows, maybe Mackinnon or Stastny get tried a few shifts on the wing and it works out really well. Then we could use Malkin as our 3c with some loaded top 2 lines. Our only problem then would be Jamie Mcginn would have to play on our 4th line, though he could be a 2nd liner and definitely a 3rd liner.

O'Reilly Duchene Parenteau
Landeskog Stastny Mackinnon
Tanguay Mitchell Downie
Mcleod Malone Mcginn

At least it's good to know we have depth in case of injuries. Too bad the same cant be said about our D.

Cousin Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 01:29 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Stu Bickel for John Mitchell

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 01:56 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Stu Bickel for John Mitchell
No, but it does bring up a question anyways. I know Sauer is UFA, but having been not signed I'm curious if Rangers fans know what his future looks like post-concussion?

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 04:27 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
No, but it does bring up a question anyways. I know Sauer is UFA, but having been not signed I'm curious if Rangers fans know what his future looks like post-concussion?
Is there a family in pro sports that has had a worse go at it in terms of injuries?

Kurt - Concussions ended his career just as he was getting recognition as a solid Shut down D.

Michael - Concussions ended a promising career

Kent - Predators draft pick, forced to retire due to a knee injury

Even in other sports:

Craig - A linebacker in the NFL his career was ended by a foot injury

Footballs a tough sport so i feel less bad for Craig Sauer, injuries ending careers are far more common in football, but 3 young defensemen like that alll wrecked at such an early age is just astonishingly bad luck.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 04:46 PM
HockeyFan100

I hope he stays, I'd rather have him than Malone on the 4th line. He was a beast last season and surprisingly put up points, underrated player and solid 3rd/4th liner. Hope they keep him, I know Avs have better centers but ROR moved to wing, so...

HockeyFan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 04:51 PM
TheStranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan100 View Post
I hope he stays, I'd rather have him than Malone on the 4th line. He was a beast last season and surprisingly put up points, underrated player and solid 3rd/4th liner. Hope they keep him, I know Avs have better centers but ROR moved to wing, so...
John Mitchell wasn't on the 4th line when he was putting up points last year, and when he's above the 4th line it means your team is garbage. Malone in the pre-season has been twice the player Mitchell has been, he can actually kill penalties which Mitchell is awful at.

TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 04:55 PM
jp7

We'll take him!

jp7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 05:19 PM
HockeyFan100

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
John Mitchell wasn't on the 4th line when he was putting up points last year, and when he's above the 4th line it means your team is garbage. Malone in the pre-season has been twice the player Mitchell has been, he can actually kill penalties which Mitchell is awful at.
I am aware he wasn't, but he's still capable of being a 3rd liner the way he played last season, and no, that doesn't mean 'your team is garbage'. And let's not overrate Malone over 2 good preseason games, shall we? He's an AHLer/dept forward at best.

HockeyFan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 05:37 PM
TheStranger

Quote:
I am aware he wasn't, but he's still capable of being a 3rd liner the way he played last season, and no, that doesn't mean 'your team is garbage'. And let's not overrate Malone over 2 good preseason games, shall we? He's an AHLer/dept forward at best.
Let's not make wild assumptions about the potential of players without any information to back it up either.

No fan of any team Mitchell has ever played for enjoyed Mitchell while he was with them. Nothing has changed, Mitchell doesn't do anything well. He's used in a role he can't succeed at, as a 4th line penalty killer, but he's awful at penalty killing. Yeah, sometimes he will put up a few goals when he's playing with talent way over his head and in situations that anyone with real skill would do much better than him.

TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 06:19 PM
Avs
Bozak + 2nd

This guy is clearly worth a first rounder at least.

Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 06:26 PM
WhatASaveDave
HFB Partner

To Vancouver ? Torts loves him

WhatASaveDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 06:27 PM
hold3n
In Mourning

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs View Post
This guy is clearly worth a first rounder at least.

Look at that face of determination... what a warrior.

hold3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 07:14 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everbeast

vCash: 127
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
He wasn't a beast last season. He was to start, then fell back down to earth and played like he has his whole career. 1 goal in his last 21 games, and that included him ending the year with Duchene and PAP.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 07:37 PM
AslanRH
Plebeian Poster

vCash: 172
Quote:
Malone has more than 2 preseason games with the Avs where he has looked like a decent-good 4th line player. He also even looked capable of keeping up in the top 6 (but not by any means a long term option) when forced to play there last year.

09-26-2013, 12:47 AM
PhillyFrisco

JOHNNY ********** MALKIN are you kidding me!?? Ahahahahaha!!!!

PhillyFrisco is offline   Reply With Quote