HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Blues have too many forwards

Old
09-23-2013, 10:03 AM
Stealth JD
You're Sicilian huh?

vCash: 1000
Blues have too many forwards

Would any team make an offer that Doug Armstrong would find suitable for some help at forward? Blue would ideally be looking for scoring centers (established or prospects) or draft picks.

Here is what the current depth chart in St. Louis looks like, after the signing of Brenden Morrow.

LW - C - RW

Steen - Backes - Oshie
Schwartz - Roy - Stewart
Paajarvi - Berglund - Tarasenko
Morrow - Lapierre - Sobotka
Cracknell - Porter - Reaves
Jaskin - Aucoin - Rattie

This is a perfect opportunity for some team(s) to really improve their 3rd or 4th lines, as the entire CPR line from last year's playoffs look to be fighting for ice-time. Unless your team want's to trade a top-line center, I don't see any of the top-9 forwards being available...though I suppose the Blues would accept being on the 'Quality' side of the famous quantity-for-quality proposals.

Blues are also right at the cap, so they can't take a $7M forward for 3 prospects.

Any interest in a Sobotka, Cracknell, Porter, Reaves or Aucoin?

Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 10:05 AM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

vCash: 50
Well this is going to go well. Cracknell will just go on waivers and most likely not get claimed or go to some really crappy team that has 0 4th line depth.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 10:09 AM
seafoam
Evening / Morning

Nope.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 10:14 AM
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Colt55

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth JD View Post
Would any team make an offer that Doug Armstrong would find suitable for some help at forward? Blue would ideally be looking for scoring centers (established or prospects) or draft picks.

Here is what the current depth chart in St. Louis looks like, after the signing of Brenden Morrow.

LW - C - RW

Steen - Backes - Oshie
Schwartz - Roy - Stewart
Jaskin - Aucoin - Rattie

This is a perfect opportunity for some team(s) to really improve their 3rd or 4th lines, as the entire CPR line from last year's playoffs look to be fighting for ice-time. Unless your team want's to trade a top-line center, I don't see any of the top-9 forwards being available...though I suppose the Blues would accept being on the 'Quality' side of the famous quantity-for-quality proposals.

Blues are also right at the cap, so they can't take a $7M forward for 3 prospects.

Why in gods name would we trade Sobotka? He's solidly entrenched as the first guy to move up in the line up when injuries hit. Plus he's a Hitch guy, through and through. He's going nowhere. Whoever loses the battle for the 15th forward spot will get waived and sent to Chicago. Problem solved. Rattle and Jaskin were likely headed for Chicago anyway as well.

Vladys Gumption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 10:17 AM
Dr Robot

vCash: 562
Just checked capgeek. We 850k worth of space WITHOUT aucion or cracknell on the roster. Just as long as we don't lose more than 4 players at a time to minor injuries we are still OK. Reaves/Cole/Porter as the nightly pressbox buffet monitors I guess.

Dr Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 10:20 AM
Reign Nateo

Canucks would likely look at Porter or Sobotka on waivers, but the fact of the matter is, a lot of teams have bottom 6 depth and young guys to fill in. Generally they look internally unless there is someone really special available. Waivers will probably clear up this log jam.

Do like the look of the forward group for St. Louis now though...

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 10:29 AM
JayB

We could need both, Reaves and Sobotka in Philly. So we can have Laughton assigned to juniors to do offense better, Sobotka/Talbot compete third spot in third line with Couts and Read. Reaves compete with Hall and Rosehill at fourth line.

Bottom6:

Talbot-Couts-Read
Rinaldo-Sobotka-Reaves
Hall-Rosehill

JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 10:35 AM
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Colt55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
Canucks would likely look at Porter or Sobotka on waivers, but the fact of the matter is, a lot of teams have bottom 6 depth and young guys to fill in. Generally they look internally unless there is someone really special available. Waivers will probably clear up this log jam.

Do like the look of the forward group for St. Louis now though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
We could need both, Reaves and Sobotka in Philly. So we can have Laughton assigned to juniors to do offense better, Sobotka/Talbot compete third spot in third line with Couts and Read. Reaves compete with Hall and Rosehill at fourth line.

Bottom6:

Talbot-Couts-Read
Rinaldo-Sobotka-Reaves
Hall-Rosehill
Sobotka isn't going anywhere. We have zero desire to move him. Porter and Cracknell are the most likely to move out. Chances are, it's going to be Cracknell.

Old
09-23-2013, 11:43 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Duel Cancer Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Sobotka isn't going anywhere. We have zero desire to move him. Porter and Cracknell are the most likely to move out. Chances are, it's going to be Cracknell.
This.

I think social media would crash here in a negative way in St. Louis if Sobotka is moved.

And I think both Porter and Cracknell are gone.

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 11:50 AM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

vCash: 200
Quote:
Yeah when I look at that forward group and the potential roles they may fill, seems to me like Cracknell is the most likely guy to be on his way out.

heusy_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 11:55 AM
Falco Lombardi
AKA Dolph Ziggler

vCash: 103
Sobotka and Reaves not going anywhere. Disappointing but I think Cracknell and Porter are out. Some team is going to get two pretty good 4th liners

Falco Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 12:11 PM
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Colt55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post
Sobotka and Reaves not going anywhere. Disappointing but I think Cracknell and Porter are out. Some team is going to get two pretty good 4th liners
Porter probably stays. Sounds like we are going to run with two extra forwards. My guess is that Reaves and Porter stay.

Old
09-23-2013, 12:41 PM
BlueDream

Sobotka and Reaves are not available.

It's Porter and Cracknell that are fighting for one spot and Porter will win that battle quite easily. Cracknell will probably be out.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:12 PM
ResilientBeast
ATD Draft Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post
Are they that good? Because the Oilers could use good 4th players.

ResilientBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:20 PM
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Colt55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResilientBeast View Post
Sobotka is one of the most versatile players on this team. He can slot in on any line (for short periods of course). He can play center or wing and do it well. Hitch really seems to like him at center. He's fantastic on the PK. For a bottom 6 player he's good offensively, very good defensively, and an absolute wrecking ball. He's all over the place and one of our spark plugs. He's the definition of a player that's worth way more to a team than he'd bring back in a trade. Reaves probably won't move because he's really our own heavyweight. He's a fan favorite and rightfully so. And for a fighter he's actually displayed a little skill. Stewart can fight but we don't want him doing it unless he absolutely has to. That's why I don't see Reaves moving. Cracknell is almost surely the one that's on the move.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
If so then waivers will solve any issues. Haven't both these guys cleared in the past anyway? Tweeners, they're a dime a dozen on most teams.

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:25 PM
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Colt55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
If so then waivers will solve any issues. Haven't both these guys cleared in the past anyway? Tweeners, they're a dime a dozen on most teams.
That was exactly my point. Losing Cracknell doesn't hurt.

Old
09-23-2013, 01:30 PM
Bourne Endeavor

vCash: 178
Trade us, Reaves? Please?

Reaves would ban Sestito from ever being in our lineup. And that's a gift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResilientBeast View Post
They are. Reaves hits everything that bloody moves and had a pretty solid playoff run to boot.

Seriously, 135 hits while averaging only 7ish minutes of ice time. That's ridiculous.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 01:37 PM
Taras

Quote:

LW - C - RW

Steen - Backes - Oshie
Schwartz - Roy - Stewart
Jaskin - Aucoin - Rattie

Leafs will do you a solid and take Stewart or tarasenko of your hands, for future considerations ( yes from you)

Taras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 05:39 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:

LW - C - RW

Steen - Backes - Oshie
Schwartz - Roy - Stewart
Jaskin - Aucoin - Rattie

They all have some value, but I'd probably just wait and see which ones get waived. I like Sobotka and Reaves best, but there's no room for either on the Bruins. Edmonton should be all over this though.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 09:21 PM
Spearmint Rhino

Quote:

LW - C - RW

Steen - Backes - Oshie
Schwartz - Roy - Stewart
Jaskin - Aucoin - Rattie

I missed the point where the Blues became such a powerhouse their 3rd line players are equivalent to another teams top pivot, they're ok but let's be real

I'd trade Eller back for Stewart straight up otherwise I'm thinking you're hoping for an overpay on average players

Spearmint Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 09:24 PM
James Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
Nope.
Thanks for the input. Personally I just see them waiving a couple of guys first before trying to trade anyone.

James Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 09:40 PM
Hooliganx3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearmint Rhino View Post
I missed the point where the Blues became such a powerhouse their 3rd line players are equivalent to another teams top pivot, they're ok but let's be real

I'd trade Eller back for Stewart straight up otherwise I'm thinking you're hoping for an overpay on average players
Stewart is the much much better player so far in their careers it would take much more than Eller....Eller would fight with Berglund for the 3rd line center spot.

Hooliganx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 09:56 PM
Spearmint Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Stewart is the much much better player so far in their careers it would take much more than Eller....Eller would fight with Berglund for the 3rd line center spot.
You must think alot of Roy then...

Last 2 years: Stewart 127 GP 33 G 33 A 66 pts, Eller 125 GP 24 G 34 A 58 Pts

Lars is a year younger and developing into a great 2 way centre - actually looking at these stats I'll keep Eller unless Blues want to give up something else

Spearmint Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 10:12 PM
KirkOut
EveryoneOut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearmint Rhino View Post
You must think alot of Roy then...

Last 2 years: Stewart 127 GP 33 G 33 A 66 pts, Eller 125 GP 24 G 34 A 58 Pts

Lars is a year younger and developing into a great 2 way centre - actually looking at these stats I'll keep Eller unless Blues want to give up something else
yay arbitrary endpoints! i can do it too!
Last 3 years:

Stewart: 189 gp 61 G 58 A 119 Pts
Eller: 202 gp 31 G 44 A 75 Pts

I could see Eller passing Stewart in the next few years. I could also see Stewart widening the gap.

KirkOut is offline   Reply With Quote