HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Tor - Nyi

Old
09-23-2013, 02:19 PM
Darth Milbury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
Colborne is also hot garbage. not sure what your point is.
I think his point is probably that is a bit ridiculous to declare a good (but certainly not elite) young dman to be "hot garbage."

Colborne is also not "Hot garbage." He may not be a high level prospect, but he'll draw a lot of interest if he hits the waiver wire and some team will certainly find a place for him.

Last edited by Darth Milbury: 09-23-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 02:26 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 129
Quote:
Colborne is also hot garbage. not sure what your point is.
My point is that 19 yr old Pelech is coming off a solid season in juniors. Pelech drew props for his play at the Canadian WJC camp last Dec.

So, if Pelech is hot garbage wth is 23 yr old Colborne, unable to establish himself as an nhler 6 yrs after being drafted?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 02:56 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

I think Liles for Halak and a 2nd is solid!

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 07:12 PM
JB Maple Leafs

Hot Garbage! ....... That's hilarious!!!!

JB Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 08:11 PM
Ace88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I'm curious, is hot garbage worse than regular garbage, or cold garbage? Also, I was under the impression that Pelech was considered a good prospect. Nothing elite, but solid. Is that wrong or is any prospect under elite status considered hot garbage?
Hot garbage stinks more obviously. Pelech is utterly useless to the Leafs. Colborne sucks, but at least he can fill in anywhere in the bottom 6.

Ace88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 08:20 PM
Lord Flacko*

Quote:
When are people going to get through their heads that the leafs arent going to throw away assets just to get rid of an nhl defenseman who, despite a deluge of rtardation claiming he is awful and is on a terrible contract, is still in fact a useful 4-5 dman.
The only people that are trying to get rid of him are Toronto fans.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 08:48 PM
Ace88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flacko View Post
The only people that are trying to get rid of him are Toronto fans.
Well thats plainly false. Look at the last ten pages of threads, find all the ones involving colborne, and about 1/3 are from other teams.

Ace88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 08:41 AM
blinkman360
Norris

Quote:
Hot garbage stinks more obviously. Pelech is utterly useless to the Leafs. Colborne sucks, but at least he can fill in anywhere in the bottom 6.
Colborne is absolutely hot garbage to the Islanders. Maybe lukewarm depending on injuries.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 02:36 PM
seabass45

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I'm curious, is hot garbage worse than regular garbage, or cold garbage? Also, I was under the impression that Pelech was considered a good prospect. Nothing elite, but solid. Is that wrong or is any prospect under elite status considered hot garbage?
Cold garbage is the most preferable of all garbage.

seabass45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 02:46 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:

Yeah, that's right. Toronto's roster is so chocked filled with stud defense prospects that they can't use any more young defensemen. In fact, any asset who can't step in and help your lineup immediately is "hot garbage" - particularly those prospects you probably haven't even seen play.

Old
09-24-2013, 07:25 PM
JB Maple Leafs

...Sniff......sniff......you smell that? .....smells like hot garbage!

....I'm sorry, I just can't stop laughing at that

JB Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 08:30 PM
Swagger17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
19 yr old Pelech is hot garbage?

Then what do you call 23 yr old Colborne, in his 2nd or 3rd organization, still unable to establish himself as an nhler? He is having another disappointing training camp.
Unlike past camps, he is out of waiver options. Toronto will have to keep him or risk losing him to waivers , when they demote him.
I'm confused; didn't you just call him garbage who is at fault when he was only traded once? Why would Toronto worry about someone picking up their garbage off of waivers? Liles is still a good d-man who I hope is given another opportunity this year and everyone just has their Leaf hater vision on, so he's just another stab people can get at the Leafs. I will be the first to admit that he isn't living up to his contract, but is still an NHL d-man. Unless a poor half season after a lockout means that you are now completely worthless and should play beer league, then I guess he has no value.

Swagger17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 12:57 AM
The Hockey Life
HFB Partner

But come on, Liles and Isles rhyme... It's a perfect fit !

The Hockey Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 01:28 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger17 View Post
I'm confused; didn't you just call him garbage who is at fault when he was only traded once? Why would Toronto worry about someone picking up their garbage off of waivers? Liles is still a good d-man who I hope is given another opportunity this year and everyone just has their Leaf hater vision on, so he's just another stab people can get at the Leafs. I will be the first to admit that he isn't living up to his contract, but is still an NHL d-man. Unless a poor half season after a lockout means that you are now completely worthless and should play beer league, then I guess he has no value.
Wow, Crew has been promoted to Leaf hater status. Congrats, Dude!

Man, I am jealous. I've hated the Leafs since back in the days when Borje Salming was their number one defenseman. Yet, nobody has called me a Leaf hater (well, at least not today). I envy you. What can I do to get called a hater too?

Old
09-25-2013, 01:31 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hockey Life View Post
But come on, Liles and Isles rhyme... It's a perfect fit !
Believe me, I have seen less logical reasons for trades in Ny!

Old
09-25-2013, 01:48 AM
Zrhutch

Legitimate question- has Liles been offered to every team on this board yet? It has to be close.

Zrhutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 02:02 AM
I like Franson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post

Man, I am jealous. I've hated the Leafs since back in the days when Borje Salming was their number one defenseman. Yet, nobody has called me a Leaf hater (well, at least not today). I envy you. What can I do to get called a hater too?
He said everyone has the leafs hater vision, so his paranoia should include you as well

I like Franson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 02:54 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger17 View Post
I never called Colborne garbage. I pointed out..

1. Six yrs after being drafted , he has not been able to stick and produce at the nhl level.

2. He continues to be dogged by questions about his compete level. Just days ago , Carlyle called him out , saying he needs to take advantage of these chances to grab an nhl spot.

3. Imo the OP is shopping Liles bad contract , using Colborne as the lure. But, Colborne is not worth taking on an $11.4m salary dump.

4. Colborne is out of waiver options, so he cannot be demoted without the risk of being taken off waivers by another team. That would be a small risk by a rebuilding team like Calgary or a team hard hit by injuries like Edmonton. Isles have centers B. Nelson/Sundstrom/Strome still in camp. All have reps for better work ethics , Nelson is getting pk icetime. Isles would not be a team that coveted Colborne.

Old
09-25-2013, 03:02 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post

I thought my Colborne comments were pretty tame.

I am not saying he still cannot put it together and develop into a solid nhler. I just do not like how his development has gone since he was drafted and don't think he is worth taking on a big salary dump.