Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-14 Providence Bruins all purpose thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2013, 07:45 AM
nycbruins*

vCash: 500
I'm worries that camara might be one of those guys who will lose effectiveness if he's reigned in. And if he's not reined in, he's a menace the league wants to clean out

Old
10-16-2013, 08:08 AM
Saxon Eric

[QUOTE=ODAAT;72575685]As always, thx Dan, your bias towards Knight, IMO, has never affected your observations/opinions of his game when he has been healthy. I don`t follow the PB`s, I find their website too wacky and I don`t know any other links to stay in tune with them but I don`t get the keeping of a Junior eligible prospect only to have them sit upstairs constantly either. I do get it if that kid is playing in the NHL and from time to time he watches a game upstairs for a different view, but I don`t understand it at the AHL level.

Is Sweeney the man who calls the lineup shots there? Or does he hand Cassidy the approach to games, who plays, who doesn`t etc???

Has Camara made any impression or is he too one that`s getting a view from upstairs?[/QUOTE]

He sat last game, maybe he was hurt?

No info here about him
http://blogs.providencejournal.com/s...-the-good.html

I did read on Mark Divver's twitter that they moved Koko to wing so he can get top 6 minutes and also goes along with Cassidy's preference for big centers like Flick and Fallstrom

Old
10-16-2013, 09:30 AM
ODAAT

[QUOTE=Saxon Eric;72703763]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
As always, thx Dan, your bias towards Knight, IMO, has never affected your observations/opinions of his game when he has been healthy. I don`t follow the PB`s, I find their website too wacky and I don`t know any other links to stay in tune with them but I don`t get the keeping of a Junior eligible prospect only to have them sit upstairs constantly either. I do get it if that kid is playing in the NHL and from time to time he watches a game upstairs for a different view, but I don`t understand it at the AHL level.

Is Sweeney the man who calls the lineup shots there? Or does he hand Cassidy the approach to games, who plays, who doesn`t etc???

Has Camara made any impression or is he too one that`s getting a view from upstairs?[/QUOTE]

He sat last game, maybe he was hurt?

No info here about him
http://blogs.providencejournal.com/s...-the-good.html

I did read on Mark Divver's twitter that they moved Koko to wing so he can get top 6 minutes and also goes along with Cassidy's preference for big centers like Flick and Fallstrom
thx Eric

Old
10-16-2013, 11:46 AM
Saxon Eric

Missed this one on Morrow from a few days back
http://blogs.providencejournal.com/s...-p-bruins.html

Old
10-16-2013, 01:43 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon Eric View Post
good stuff. i like how cassidy doesn't toss muffins with his comments. guy is direct and seems to be doing a nice job with the young kids. flies in the face with what we thought 2 years ago.

Old
10-16-2013, 04:27 PM
Wobbly Pops
Quiet, Gnashgab.

vCash: 160
thanks for posting. good read on Morrow. I liked what he said about changing expectations, not personality.

Old
10-16-2013, 09:02 PM
Over the volcano

Quote:
Nice!

But, that assessment is waaaaay to insightful and honest. Cassidy will need to learn how to say a lot without saying anything if he wants to make it in the big league.

Old
10-16-2013, 09:32 PM
Ratty

Why is that too insightful and honest? Does he have to lie or couch his terms when trying to develop a young player?

True, you must be diplomatic with dealing with a veteran, for example, who perhaps has seen time at the ML level.

Cassidy is an experienced coach at the NHL and AHL level. I trust his assessment of young talent. And I trust the player to respect the coach's judgement.

Old
10-17-2013, 07:27 AM
bostone737

Whats going on with Griffith? Why has he only played one game? He injured?

Old
10-17-2013, 08:51 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Nice!

But, that assessment is waaaaay to insightful and honest. Cassidy will need to learn how to say a lot without saying anything if he wants to make it in the big league.
Seems to be half the problem I have with many coaches, sugar coat too much to be honest. While a coach doesn`t have to toss his troops under a bus in the media, I find it refreshing that Cassidy spoke highly of Morrow`s potential, and honestly about trying to pry it out of him

Old
10-17-2013, 09:54 AM
Roll 4 Lines
Pastafarian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Seems to be half the problem I have with many coaches, sugar coat too much to be honest. While a coach doesn`t have to toss his troops under a bus in the media, I find it refreshing that Cassidy spoke highly of Morrow`s potential, and honestly about trying to pry it out of him
It is what it is.

Old
10-17-2013, 10:19 AM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

For those that want a link for updated P-Bruins stats:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...000312014.html

Old
10-17-2013, 04:30 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
For those that want a link for updated P-Bruins stats:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...000312014.html

Thanks VR. Here's another one:

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay....id=-1&confId=0

Old
10-17-2013, 05:15 PM
BUTerriersHockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostone737 View Post
Whats going on with Griffith? Why has he only played one game? He injured?
Line up is so deep, he will get his games. Someone will get hurt or underperform and he will be given a proper chance.

Old
10-18-2013, 06:51 AM
BergyMeister
Sunburnt In Tampa

As posted previously I’m going to be going to the game tomorrow night in Manchester. I got a ticket 1st row right behind the P Bruins bench as I’ve never sat in that area for a game before. I realize that my view of the game is going to be restricted but wanted to try it out. However now I have doubts about my seat choice. How much of the game will I see and is it worth it as a onetime experience or should I try to get a different seat?

Old
10-18-2013, 09:41 AM
Malt

Looks as though Camara is a scratch for tonight:

Mark Divver ‏@MarkDivver 2m

@AHLBruins lines @ a.m. skate:
Fraser-Spooner-Johnson
Koko-Camper-Cunningham
Knight-Flick-Griffith
Florek-Fallstrom-Randell

Old
10-18-2013, 10:30 AM
Kirk- NEHJ

Camara is having trouble with the pace and tempo of the AHL.

Just underscores the unrealistic expectations some had from him after just one real productive season of major junior.

He has talent and toughness to eventually be a big leaguer, but nowhere near ready for any kind of NHL job at present. He's got a lot to figure out, but he should get there in time.

Old
10-18-2013, 11:23 AM
Malt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
Camara is having trouble with the pace and tempo of the AHL.

Just underscores the unrealistic expectations some had from him after just one real productive season of major junior.

He has talent and toughness to eventually be a big leaguer, but nowhere near ready for any kind of NHL job at present. He's got a lot to figure out, but he should get there in time.
It's always interesting to see who adjusts to the pro game quickly and who doesn't. Take a guy like Fallstrom: not the best skater, put up fair numbers at Harvard and was a somewhat under-the-radar acquisition (Kobasew trade); he's fitting in well, putting up a few points and playing a smart game defensively. I don't see his spot on the 4th line as any indictment of his skill or ability--if anything, I think he's there in order to avoid having players like Flick and Randell on the ice at the same time.

Then, as you note, you have a player like Camara who will need some time to adjust. In the preseason game against Worcester he took (and received) a big hit but didn't stand out at all. I hope he does well but I wouldn't be shocked if he makes the occasional trip to South Carolina for playing time. The PBees have a lot of guys vying for playing time in their bottom 6...and Robins will be back soon.

Old
10-18-2013, 11:43 AM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malt View Post
It's always interesting to see who adjusts to the pro game quickly and who doesn't. Take a guy like Fallstrom: not the best skater, put up fair numbers at Harvard and was a somewhat under-the-radar acquisition (Kobasew trade); he's fitting in well, putting up a few points and playing a smart game defensively. I don't see his spot on the 4th line as any indictment of his skill or ability--if anything, I think he's there in order to avoid having players like Flick and Randell on the ice at the same time.

Then, as you note, you have a player like Camara who will need some time to adjust. In the preseason game against Worcester he took (and received) a big hit but didn't stand out at all. I hope he does well but I wouldn't be shocked if he makes the occasional trip to South Carolina for playing time. The PBees have a lot of guys vying for playing time in their bottom 6...and Robins will be back soon.
Fallstrom is one of the more underrated guys around. Not all that quick, and that hurts him in the court of public opinion, but damn- he is smart and has some slick mitts. He has the body and temperament to be an effective NHL checking/grinder/energy forward. His only problem is that he's trying to do it in Boston.

He loves Johan Franzen-- the one guy he most tries to model his game after. Doesn't have Franzen's wheels, but does everything else in similar fashion.

Old
10-18-2013, 11:57 AM
Saxon Eric

Quote:

And Lindblad

Old
10-18-2013, 12:06 PM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Clode

Quote:
Looks as though Camara is a scratch for tonight:

Mark Divver ‏@MarkDivver 2m

@AHLBruins lines @ a.m. skate:
Fraser-Spooner-Johnson
Koko-Camper-Cunningham
Knight-Flick-Griffith
Florek-Fallstrom-Randell

You know, as a piggyback to Dan's great post a few days ago, I would be totally Ok with Knight and Griffith flanking Spooner, as opposed to Johnson and Fraser.

No disrespect intended for either of those guys, but I think the B's FO pretty much knows what they are, and are not (moreso Johnson). I want to see guys like KoKo, Knight, Cunningham, Griffith, Fallstrom, and Lindblad (when he returns) gettigng as many reps as possible and time on special teams.

I thought that's what an AHL team was for?

Old
10-18-2013, 05:19 PM
Kvartalnov_Fan
Stanley Cup Stupid!

Quote:
[/B]

And Lindblad
Him I like a lot

I really liked what I saw in preseason from him.

Old
10-18-2013, 05:22 PM
NathanHortonScores

Guys, didn't follow the preseason, what about Fraser?

Is he a good prospect?

Old
10-18-2013, 06:06 PM
roflstomper
I don't row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
You know, as a piggyback to Dan's great post a few days ago, I would be totally Ok with Knight and Griffith flanking Spooner, as opposed to Johnson and Fraser.

No disrespect intended for either of those guys, but I think the B's FO pretty much knows what they are, and are not (moreso Johnson). I want to see guys like KoKo, Knight, Cunningham, Griffith, Fallstrom, and Lindblad (when he returns) gettigng as many reps as possible and time on special teams.

I thought that's what an AHL team was for?
You want Spooner to play with capable players. Griffith and Knight going up against other top lines and d pairing at the point is not a good idea. Would get dominated.

Old
10-18-2013, 10:53 PM
JoeIsAStud

Looking at the Boxscore it seems like a pretty ugly night at the Dunk

Subban gave up 6 goals on 28 shots
Spooner 0 0 -3

PBruins goals by Cunningham and Fraser

Closed Thread