HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

datsyuk -zetterberg same line or not

Old
09-22-2013, 08:27 AM
djdan6215

vCash: 500
datsyuk -zetterberg same line or not

i know that zetterberg and datsyuk are very very good in the same line with abdelkader but it`s the only line who scores goal since the beginning of the preseason game ....

maybe that babcock will change this line again for help the other line....

one the second unit we have two new player (weiss,alfredsson ) with a lazy player (franzen)

FRANZEN--DATSYUK--ABDELKADER
ZETTERBERG---WEISS--ALFREDSON
TATAR--ANDERSON--NYQUIST
BERTUZZI--EMMERTON--CLEARY--SAMMUELSON
MILLER

in my opinion the best solution it`s trade some players and acquire another vet shooter like BRENDAN MORROW OR SIMON GAGNE still available ...

Last edited by djdan6215: 09-22-2013 at 08:51 AM.
djdan6215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 09:14 AM
silkyjohnson50*

Yeah let's break them up before game 1 of the regular season.

silkyjohnson50* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 09:55 AM
Henkka

If the team is scoring 6 goals per game when they are together, let's keep them together.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Xvash2

Datsyuk has 6 points in 2 games in the pre-season, let's keep them together for now.

Xvash2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 12:44 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

if we cant find a second NHL calibre line with a payroll at the league maximum then wouldnt that suggest KH is one of the leagues worst GMs since he in assembled this squad without any financial limitations?

Unless thats what is being suggested here then leave Dats and Zetts together and figure out how to properly build/construct a NHL capable 2nd line and at the very least give weiss-alfie-franzen some games(at least 10 reg season games) to figure it out

Last edited by Zetterberg4Captain: 09-22-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Zetterberg4Captain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 12:58 PM
silkyjohnson50*

The 2nd line has never played together before and Weiss is coming off a season where he missed a bunch of time. Not giving them a fair amount of games to gel seems rather stupid... Especially if the 1st line is playing well enough to get the "W."

Old
09-23-2013, 06:11 AM
lilidk

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkyjohnson50 View Post
The 2nd line has never played together before and Weiss is coming off a season where he missed a bunch of time. Not giving them a fair amount of games to gel seems rather stupid... Especially if the 1st line is playing well enough to get the "W."
just give them more time, and let kids stay together as 3rd line

lilidk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 06:29 AM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkyjohnson50 View Post
Yeah, they really need some extra time to gel together. Those freaking injuries haven't helped at all this situation.

RED & WHITE game:
Franzen - Weiss - Alfredsson (after this game, Mule hurt his hip flexor)
Franzen 0+0
Weiss 0+0
Alfredsson 0+2

Detroit @ Chicago
Bertuzzi - Weiss - Alfredsson (after this game, Alfie hurt his groin)
No scoring from whole team

Detroit @ Boston
Cleary - Weiss - Tatar (Franzen and Alfie still both out)
Cleary 1+0
Weiss 0+0
Tatar 0+0

Boston @ Detroit
Cleary - Weiss - Franzen (Mule returned, Alfie still out)
No scoring from whole team

So in every practise game, Weiss has had different linemates. Tough to build any chemistries. I want to see at least 5 games from that Mule-Weiss-Alfie together, before doing any conclusions.

Old
09-23-2013, 10:57 AM
silkyjohnson50*

Exactly.

Datsyuk and Zetterberg are going to put points up together, and they're going to do it against opposing top lines.

I think Babcock HAS to keep Nyquist and Tatar together as the 3rd/4th line. I think they can score at a similar rate as the 2nd line.

So you have those two lines. Give the 2nd line it's time to gel and you could have 3 legit scoring lines. Then whatever he has to do with the 4th line works for me. Cleary-Enmerton-Miller and hopefully Helm returns to replace Emmerton before too long.

Old
09-23-2013, 11:08 AM
joe89

It all comes down to Weiss' line, and imo we need 20-25 games to judge it. I doubt Babcock will be that patient though.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 11:27 AM
Bench
Coffee. Pie. Owls.

The 2nd line has to produce for this to work. Babcock is all too familiar how you can shut down 1 line to neutralize a team. Look at what Detroit did against the Perry-Getzlaf line in the playoffs.

That said, watching D&Z together can be magic at times. The two highest hockey IQs on the ice by a mile and it shows. Alfredsson is in that same category, so I'm kind of salivating at thinking what he could bring to the table as well.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 07:55 PM
Crymson
Fire Holland

Of all the duos in the league, perhaps only the Sedin twins beat out the Euro Twins in synergy.

Crymson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 08:21 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Having Z and Datsyuk on the same line is always a good thing, but the real question we should be asking IMO is, "Will having Z and Datsyuk on the first line turn the second line into a joke?"

I didn't think it was possible to have Z and Datsyuk on the same line anymore, given the loss of talent the team has experienced. I didn't think Flip was able to center the second line and give the Wings two legitimate scoring lines. I know he did it before and won the cup in 08 centering the second line, but the Wings were far more talented and deeper.

I think the arrival of Weiss who i believe is more offensively mature than Flip should fix this problem.

However i do not think the Datsyuk/Zetterberg combination should include Justin Abdelakder. It reduces the hockey IQ of the line far too much. That is pretty incredible considering how offensively gifted Z and Datsyuk are. He is an anchor made up of a neutron star and Gator's flaws will not be exposed until the playoffs. Any moron can put up points playing with Z and Datsyuk*, but the playoffs allow an opposing team to develop a better game plan against the Z/Datsyuk/Gator lineup and you just know it's gonna focus on making sure Gator is the one shooting the puck. All the talent and skill that Z and Datsyuk possess will be completely worthless when the puck is on Gator's stick.

*Gimme a shot Babs, i play real gud and years of playing EA Sports NHL hockey have trained me to be an elite winger who puts up 40-50 goals a season even though the last time i actually skated (playing hockey) was over a decade ago and the last time i touched a hockey stick was a long time ago in a galaxy far far way.

Last edited by WingedWheel1987: 09-23-2013 at 08:35 PM.
WingedWheel1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 10:54 PM
Flowah

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
*Gimme a shot Babs, i play real gud and years of playing EA Sports NHL hockey have trained me to be an elite winger who puts up 40-50 goals a season even though the last time i actually skated (playing hockey) was over a decade ago and the last time i touched a hockey stick was a long time ago in a galaxy far far way.
You only have to skate well enough to get to the front of the net anyway. Datsyuk will do the rest. Just angle your stick and skates the right way and try not to make any kicking motions.

Flowah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 01:16 AM
Sadekuuro

It depends on the situation (if you need to match up against a team with two elite centers for instance) and how well Weiss plays in Detroit.

Sadekuuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 06:08 AM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadekuuro View Post
It depends on the situation (if you need to match up against a team with two elite centers for instance)
Good point. That's where we need Helm.

Helm shuts down the another line with Miller and Cleary on his wings, Z-D-Ab shuts the another line.

Weiss and Griffins lines will win the game with their scoring. That would be insane depth.

Imo, that's our main plan in theory, if we can get all guys healthy.

Old
09-24-2013, 08:34 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Good point. That's where we need Helm.

Helm shuts down the another line with Miller and Cleary on his wings, Z-D-Ab shuts the another line.

Weiss and Griffins lines will win the game with their scoring. That would be insane depth.

Imo, that's our main plan in theory, if we can get all guys healthy.
I don't see Helm being good enough for that. He's been mostly up against bottom 6ers so far in his career.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 11:37 AM
Atas2000

For the sake of the art of hockey give Datsyuk some non-abdelkaderish wingers. PLEASE!

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 02:49 PM
theanomaly

still would like to see 22 given a shot in that abby spot. you know, as long as we're just plugging in random grinders.

theanomaly is offline   Reply With Quote