Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pre-Season: Jets @ Oilers | Mon, Sep 23 | 8:30PM

Old
09-23-2013, 11:17 PM
Andy6
Court Jetster

vCash: 500
One player who has to be happy is Thorburn, who played pretty well when the "competition" didn't.

Andy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 11:17 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin's Ghost View Post
Pasquale's monotone interview with monotone-nasally Dennis Beyak sums up this game. Pretty boring game. I hope Friday's game in Saskatoon is a lot better.
I'm hoping we see very close to if not our full starting lineup for the last few games. This team needs to start gelling. I'm hoping that Noel spends an awful lot of time on the pp over the next few days as well seeing as it doesn't look like its been touched so far.

surixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 11:18 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeney Regan View Post
Jokinen had a couple nice passes tonight that I remember.
Good to hear. I missed some of the earlier parts of the game. Didn't see anything impressive from him in the latter half of the game.

Whileee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 11:19 PM
ATLbound

I guess Bogo left the game mid 3rd? I did not notice, maybe a little less pizza's going up the ice would have been a good hint. In all seriousness I hope its nothing serious, he has been bad but I don't want him in the press box to start the season.

ATLbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 11:19 PM
han316

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBS View Post
Caught this gem earlier:

gary lawless ‏@garylawless 2h

Keep waiting for Kane to improve his vision of the entire ice and to use his teammates. Maybe it's the preseason and he's not used to mates

he's right.

Kane doesn't make any player on the ice better and neither does jokinen. Probably why they suck together.

Been saying that about Kane from day 1 and it's why he so desperately needs a playmaker to centre him.

han316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 11:20 PM
VictoriaJetsFan

The effort was good from most guys but the execution was weak, especially on offense..

With so many young guys to evaluate I am not surprised it feels like a big grind to put together a lineup. I have no clue as to what they are going to do with the defense...no need to keep so many right handed shots. Redmond needs ice time to work out rust, Postma probably makes it, but where does this leave Trouba? Is placing him in the bottom pair as effective as having him go to the A and play 20 plus minutes? I don't think so. Clitsome looks ready to start in a top 4 spot. Enstrom we have barely seen and Bogo shockingly looks way off....the defense is where the big questions are heading into the start of the season.

VictoriaJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 11:20 PM
Duke749
Formerly "BigTuna49"

vCash: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy6 View Post
One player who has to be happy is Thorburn, who played pretty well when the "competition" didn't.
Thought he was better then Peluso, but it's hard to say.

Think about it though, if it wasn't for a fluke goal, we'd have been shutout, no problem...

Duke749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 11:21 PM
White Out 403*

vCash: 50
I know pre season doesn't mean anything but jesus. 1 win so far?

White Out 403* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 11:21 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by han316 View Post
he's right.

Kane doesn't make any player on the ice better and neither does jokinen. Probably why they suck together.

Been saying that about Kane from day 1 and it's why he so desperately needs a playermaker to centre him.
Bingo. They play similar games, but Kane is much more talented and aggressive. They just don't see each other on the ice at all.

Whileee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 11:22 PM
ATLbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy6 View Post
Ya for his small minutes I liked him, goal aside. You know what your getting, hard work, and reliable. Peluso might be a better fighter, but Thorb is better in our own zone, and brings more to the table. Thorb's has the 13th forward spot locked, will likely still see 30-40 games depending on injuries.

Old
09-23-2013, 11:22 PM
Duke749
Formerly "BigTuna49"

Quote:
he's right.

Been saying that about Kane from day 1 and it's why he so desperately needs a playermaker to centre him.
You're talking about a guy that has never really had a true 2nd line player with him.

Old
09-23-2013, 11:23 PM
Kyosama

Quote:
he's right.

Yup. I like Kane and I think he's an electric player, but he couldn't pass if his life depended on it. Always off target or he just hurriedly tosses it to the front of the net regardless if anybody's there or not. That's why he's so hard to watch on the powerplay, because every time he gets the puck on his stick you know he's passing it to their team or shooting it at a wall of players.

Kyosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 11:23 PM
jetkarma*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
I don't remember one pass by Jokinen. Several times he had Kane breaking and open, and Jokinen just carries the puck and takes a shot. He has no vision and never shares the puck. I think he is a bad fit with Kane. Period. What were Jokinen's face-off stats tonight?
Jokinen is not a pass first C , and Kane is most effective with that type of C. IMO you go with Scheifele and Kane to start the year , give them a bit of time and let them determine if you keep them together or not. Long term I have no doubt they will be partnered and also be very complimentary .

We chase the puck too much still , like to get better on face-offs , not sure we do this year though.

jetkarma* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 11:24 PM
surixon

Quote:
he's right.

They both want to do the exact same thing when they enter the zone. I counted a number of times where they nearly went offside because one was too busy carrying the puck in. Granted at this point in time Kane is much better. They were able to look good because of the opposition that they were playing but a good team will stand them up at the blue line every time. I still really don't Like the fit.

surixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 11:25 PM
ATLbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTuna49 View Post
You're talking about a guy that has never really had a true 2nd line player with him.
I have said it since Kane and Little had a good stint in ATL for a few games, they would work great together. But I would not touch LLW with a 20 foot pole. If things are going really bad during the season and we need more lines going, Little with Kane and Wheeler/ Seto would be a deadly line. Little can adjust his game so well, you put him with a passer, no doubt he will break 20 goals, you put him with 1 or 2 shooters. You will see his assists much higher then his goals.

Old
09-23-2013, 11:27 PM
Aavco Cup

vCash: 300
Kane made the two best feeds of the night. One backhand to Frolik in front and one to Joker. I'm not sure what Lawless was watching?

Aavco Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 11:27 PM
Gnova
CowboysR^2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaJetsFan View Post
The effort was good from most guys but the execution was weak, especially on offense..

With so many young guys to evaluate I am not surprised it feels like a big grind to put together a lineup. I have no clue as to what they are going to do with the defense...no need to keep so many right handed shots. Redmond needs ice time to work out rust, Postma probably makes it, but where does this leave Trouba? Is placing him in the bottom pair as effective as having him go to the A and play 20 plus minutes? I don't think so. Clitsome looks ready to start in a top 4 spot. Enstrom we have barely seen and Bogo shockingly looks way off....the defense is where the big questions are heading into the start of the season.
If Trouba is slotted into the bottom pairing but dresses every night he will learn far more as a Jet then he will as a Ice Cap playing against lesser talent. My opinion.

Gnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 11:28 PM
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

<3 lowry.

peter sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 11:31 PM
Gnova
CowboysR^2

Quote:
Thought he was better then Peluso, but it's hard to say.

Think about it though, if it wasn't for a fluke goal, we'd have been shutout, no problem...
I'll take Thorburn over Peluso.

People give Peluso a pass cause he is a better fighter and is a shiny new penny.
He is still a fixer-upper.

Gnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 11:32 PM
Duke749
Formerly "BigTuna49"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeney Regan View Post
If Trouba is slotted into the bottom pairing but dresses every night he will learn far more as a Jet then he will as a Ice Cap playing against lesser talent. My opinion.
Trouba has to learn to "think" at an NHL level. He spent all last year dominating because he was physically, much better then his competition. Even in the AHL you're playing against men. But see as how no one seems to want the #5-7 spots, he has a real shot right now. And maybe he can start to pick things up quick enough. Only time will tell.

Old
09-23-2013, 11:37 PM
rguy56

'09 draft...I think E. Kane is the class of his year.

rguy56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 11:37 PM
VictoriaJetsFan

Quote:
Trouba has to learn to "think" at an NHL level. He spent all last year dominating because he was physically, much better then his competition. Even in the AHL you're playing against men. But see as how no one seems to want the #5-7 spots, he has a real shot right now. And maybe he can start to pick things up quick enough. Only time will tell.
It's a fascinating choice they have on their hands....I think I am still leaning to the AHL but if he really starts to play well he can come up quick...he can crash in a hotel room as opposed to signing a lease...

Old
09-23-2013, 11:38 PM
VictoriaJetsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rguy56 View Post
'09 draft...I think E. Kane is the class of his year.
Over Tavares and Hedman?.....would say no..

Old
09-23-2013, 11:39 PM
Aela*

Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
If our PP was at least decent, we could have at least tied the game up.

Aela* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 11:41 PM
Duke749
Formerly "BigTuna49"

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaJetsFan View Post
It's a fascinating choice they have on their hands....I think I am still leaning to the AHL but if he really starts to play well he can come up quick...he can crash in a hotel room as opposed to signing a lease...
Unless he's playing 3 out of every 4 games in the NHL, I think he should start in the AHL. I just feel that unless he's playing most nights, I don't think he should be in the press box every other game. Then again, I'm sure it's something that could be a possibility and management will do what they think is best for the kid.