HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Emery & Mason - 1A and 1B or Starter\Backup?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-29-2013, 08:11 PM
  #126
Striiker
Orange and Black
 
Striiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
forgot about the Flyers vs. Wild game already ???
I remember it but I don't think he was really tested at all except on the PP where they scored. He's been pretty bad for a while and he's letting in a lot of very savable goals.

Striiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 08:17 PM
  #127
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 33,881
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
forgot about the Flyers vs. Wild game already ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
1 goal against vs montreal was not 'terrible' in my view
ok, inconsistent then

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 08:51 PM
  #128
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 14,230
vCash: 500
i disagree i think hes just looked a bit more human..

even King Henrik has times when hes very beatable.. but hes stil a fantastic goalie who any team would love to have.

i have no problem with Mason, hes def. the closest thing to a rock solid option weve had in net in forever.

Flyerfan4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 10:32 PM
  #129
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
Both Mason and Emery have been terrible for the last month. I have little faith in either of them.
Yeah, perhaps you should look up the word "terrible" in a dictionary.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 08:33 AM
  #130
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 10,863
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
I remember it but I don't think he was really tested at all except on the PP where they scored. He's been pretty bad for a while and he's letting in a lot of very savable goals.
Guess you forgot about the Montreal game, too, and the fact none of the goals Edmonton scored were his fault.

Curufinwe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 12:11 AM
  #131
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
Both Mason and Emery have been terrible for the last month. I have little faith in either of them.
agreed. Mason looks brutal vs VAN


Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 12:20 AM
  #132
NiceGuyDrP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
Who will get the start tomorrow vs. Les Flammers? Go back to Mason on the tail-end of back-to-back, or will they give Emery another go?

NiceGuyDrP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 01:07 AM
  #133
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 41,843
vCash: 1457
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuyDrP View Post
Who will get the start tomorrow vs. Les Flammers? Go back to Mason on the tail-end of back-to-back, or will they give Emery another go?
Tough to say, right now I wouldn't be surprised if Emery is chosen mainly due to Mason's extended effort tonight and the length of the game.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 01:10 AM
  #134
Broad Street Elite
Registered User
 
Broad Street Elite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,461
vCash: 500
Sadly, it probably has to be Emery due to the schedule. If the Flyers can't beat Calgary with Emery in, then they're screwed either way.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 11:34 AM
  #135
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies
 
RJ8812's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,746
vCash: 500
Emery should get the start

you can't overplay Mason

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 11:45 AM
  #136
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,325
vCash: 500
Emery is worse than Bryz last season...he really needs this game to get his game back. Calgary hasnt scored in 2 games..doubt that continues against dull razor...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 11:54 AM
  #137
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies
 
RJ8812's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
With the Flyers playing on back-to-back nights, Ray Emery is likely to get the start in net and is 6-2-1 with a 1.43 goals against average and two shutouts in his career versus the Flames.
that's positive at least

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 12:57 PM
  #138
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 44,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
agreed. Mason looks brutal vs VAN

Seriously?

Not going to admit his play clearly dropped off for a time?

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 01:28 PM
  #139
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 33,881
vCash: 50
Mason really had not played that well for a couple of weeks before last night. But at least he showed he has the ability to put a rough patch behind him and put in one of his best efforts of the season.
It is something that I questioned about him. Can he bounce back after some sub par efforts and let it get to him as the season goes on. he doesnt seem to have that "here we go again" mentality when he gives up a bad goal.
I know they say you have to go with the hot hand but I would probably go with Emery tonight. Probably will be scared everytime Mez and Schenn are out there with Emery in goal.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 01:45 PM
  #140
Raffl House
Registered User
 
Raffl House's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: South Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Mason really had not played that well for a couple of weeks before last night. But at least he showed he has the ability to put a rough patch behind him and put in one of his best efforts of the season.
It is something that I questioned about him. Can he bounce back after some sub par efforts and let it get to him as the season goes on. he doesnt seem to have that "here we go again" mentality when he gives up a bad goal.
I know they say you have to go with the hot hand but I would probably go with Emery tonight. Probably will be scared everytime Mez and Schenn are out there with Emery in goal.
I'm less worried about Mez and Schenn than I am with Coburn right now. Mez had a few moments where I was concerned, but I thought Schenn played a pretty good game last night, minus the bad bounce. I actually blame Mason for that more than anything, the puck is high in the air and a good 3 feet away from the net. You could probably let it sail by without much concern.

Coburn last night was just brutal. He had to have at least four turnovers that I can recall, including the pick pocket right in front of Mason. Not good.

Raffl House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 01:52 PM
  #141
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffl House View Post
I'm less worried about Mez and Schenn than I am with Coburn right now. Mez had a few moments where I was concerned, but I thought Schenn played a pretty good game last night, minus the bad bounce. I actually blame Mason for that more than anything, the puck is high in the air and a good 3 feet away from the net. You could probably let it sail by without much concern.

Coburn last night was just brutal. He had to have at least four turnovers that I can recall, including the pick pocket right in front of Mason. Not good.
Yeah, I don't agree at all. Mezsaros was a thousand times worse than Coburn. Not even close. Coburn made one really bad turnover and a couple other somewhat weak plays, but overall played decently. Mez played like a lost puppy and a wounded deer all at the same time.

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 01:54 PM
  #142
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,635
vCash: 500
As far as Mason goes, agree that he hasn't been great for the last 2 or 3 weeks, however if that's as bad as he's going to get, I will easily take that. I don't expect nor need him to be a top 5 goalie. Playing as well averaged over the first half of this season is just fine

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 01:59 PM
  #143
Raffl House
Registered User
 
Raffl House's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: South Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
Yeah, I don't agree at all. Mezsaros was a thousand times worse than Coburn. Not even close. Coburn made one really bad turnover and a couple other somewhat weak plays, but overall played decently. Mez played like a lost puppy and a wounded deer all at the same time.
Interesting. It could also be said that Coburn plays a lot more minutes than Mez, and against better quality players, so the opportunities to turn over are greater. I just can't recall any bad turnovers by Mez. There was some poor play, poor positioning, but costly turnovers...again...counted multiple fingers for Coburn last night.

Raffl House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 02:00 PM
  #144
Raffl House
Registered User
 
Raffl House's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: South Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
As far as Mason goes, agree that he hasn't been great for the last 2 or 3 weeks, however if that's as bad as he's going to get, I will easily take that. I don't expect nor need him to be a top 5 goalie. Playing as well averaged over the first half of this season is just fine
I expect and need him to be a top 5 goalie.

Raffl House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 02:28 PM
  #145
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 33,881
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffl House View Post
Interesting. It could also be said that Coburn plays a lot more minutes than Mez, and against better quality players, so the opportunities to turn over are greater. I just can't recall any bad turnovers by Mez. There was some poor play, poor positioning, but costly turnovers...again...counted multiple fingers for Coburn last night.
it seemed Mez and Schenn were out there quite a bit against the Sedin line. Not something that I want to see much of. Mez was brutal beyond words last night. he had many mental and physical lapses last night. Some of those mistakes they teach you in junior hockey not to do.
Maybe Mason should of played that 3rd Vancouver goal differently but I am willing to give him a pass considering how he played last night overall. how many times did he save the defense ***** last night? most notably Meszaros and Schenn.
I have very little confidence in Emery right now. Hopefully he changes my mind if he starts tonight.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 03:14 PM
  #146
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,303
vCash: 500
#freemason

start steve tonight

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 12:34 AM
  #147
Tripod
Registered User
 
Tripod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,068
vCash: 500
Anyone who says Mason hasn't struggled is just wrong, but he did get wins due to the offense.

In Dec he went 7-1-2 but had a GAA of 2.92 and a SV% of .899. That is much worse.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 09:47 AM
  #148
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,303
vCash: 500
no complaints with Razor vs CAL.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 09:48 AM
  #149
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
Anyone who says Mason hasn't struggled is just wrong
'struggling' isn't 'terrible' in my view .....

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 10:09 AM
  #150
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
no complaints with Razor vs CAL.
He played well..although Calg does have an impotent offense...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.