HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs beat the Devils 3-2: Pre-season done the White way!

Old
09-24-2013, 09:15 AM
Mrb1p

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverBFP View Post
Tossing a rookie into a 25-28 min/night scenario? I don't knoooooooow..
Many players do it... Think Brodin, Josi and Dillon.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 09:18 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
Tinordi - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Murray/Bouillon - Gorges

Ship Diaz in the farwest for a 2nd or 3rd.
Would be a terrible idea to trade Diaz, even if you don't have him in your top six (where he should be..). Remember all the defensive injuries last year? Depth is never a bad thing.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 09:20 AM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

I know I'm gonna get blasted again for this, but why not move Diaz & Moen and throw Franson an offer sheet at 3 mill or so; Leafs couldn't realistically match now.

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 09:31 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
I kind of blame Tinordi for the 2nd goal against. He's the reason we haven't been able to clear the zone after 30-40 seconds.

He's great; he's progressing. But he's not at Gorges' level yet. Let him take bottom minutes or maybe Diaz's place at Markov's side.
Tinordi looked pretty bad on that shift, I agree, but he played another awesome game overall. Of course he's not perfect, but he's ready for the big league. Very impressive pre-season for him.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 09:44 AM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
Ooookay!

Ryan White is, right now, the most overrated habs player, right next to Lars Eller.

Sorry guys...

He is nothing more than a damned 4th liner.

That is not overrating. It is a plus when he chips in a goal. Its also a plus when he plays in the final minute to keep the other team from tying the game.

That is not overrating. It is simply appreciation for the hard work he does.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 09:47 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Tinordi looked pretty bad on that shift, I agree, but he played another awesome game overall. Of course he's not perfect, but he's ready for the big league. Very impressive pre-season for him.
Don't take me wrong: I want Tiner on the team. I just think those saying he should be paired with Subban are very silly, or stupid.

Tinordi is still developping, and I'd rather see him eat consistent 3rd pairing minutes, 2nd shift PK than him playing 25 minutes a night with Subban

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverBFP View Post
Tossing a rookie into a 25-28 min/night scenario? I don't knoooooooow..
He won't play that many minutes if paired with Subban....see Gorges. Subban averaged 22+/game as a rookie, Tinordi can perhaps do ~20/game with no PP time.

I'd move Gorges or Tinordi to the right and pair either with Markov and the remainder with Subban. Bottom pairing should be a combination of Murray/Boullion + Diaz. I don't think any of those 3 should see over 20 minutes.

Gorges/Tinordi - Subban
Markov - Gorges/Tinordi
Murray/Boullion - Diaz.

Chances are, when Emelin returns there will be an injury or two on D.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 09:50 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

That is not overrating. It is a plus when he chips in a goal. Its also a plus when he plays in the final minute to keep the other team from tying the game.

What's funny is that during the 2nd intermission, Brunet was saying he would take Bournival on the team as 4th line centre over White (to the surprise of no one...) while ragging on White for doing nothing in the game.

Old
09-24-2013, 09:54 AM
PKtrollban
PK for Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

Even if he didn't score that goal, and that I don't really like him, White is proving once again to be a perfect fit for our 4rth line. He can take faceoffs, can play wing, can chip in some offense, is battling hard in corners, is relentless on the PK.

I critiscized him for his PK and even if he got another goal scored on his PK unit, he worked really hard to get the puck out to no avail, but the effert at least, is there. I always give benefit of the doubt for guys that give it all, move their feet, etc. Good game overall for him.

PKtrollban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 10:05 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Desharnais:
I have a feeling management will wait for the right time to move him...raise his value by giving him offensive wingers like Pacioretty and Briere and then he'll get his 50-60pts ...then trade him for a top 4 dman! (Galchenyuk and Eller will take over at 2nd and 3rd CENTER... White as 4th line center).
When was the last time Habs traded a player performing well for better assets? Rivet?

The 'Put him with good line mates, increase his scoring, and trade him at deadline' theory is complete crap. Never happens. Not logical, never happens.

Here's what will happen to DD: He will suck all year, and in th PO, and drive us ****ing crazy, and he will then be quietly moved next summer for something, anything.

Still cannot believe the 4 year signing. Totally ****ing stupid, and worse: Not Required.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 10:08 AM
PricePkPatch

In La Presse, this morning:

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Presse
Tinordi, lui, a bien fait lors de son cinquieme match preparatoir eh oui, il les a tous joues mais il semblait s'en vouloir apres avoir eu de la difficulte a degager la rondelle pendant une inferiorite numerique. Ca a finalement coute un but.

PK subban l'a rassure a son retour au banc.

"Les trois autres sur la glace auraient du mieux communiquer avec lui, a note Subban. Personne ne disait rien. Jarred est jeune, il est bon, mais on a besoin de communiquer avec lui afin qu'il sache ou sont ses coequipiers et quelles sont ses options."

"Il fait tellement de bonnes choses. Il va etre epeurant dans 3 ans tellement il sera devenu bon".

Subban, qui a quitte le match temporairement apres avoir eu un etrange spasme au cou, a encore inscrit deux mentions d'aides dans la victoire. La routine habituelle, quoi.
Translation:

Tinordi did well during his fifth exhibition game; oh yes, he played them all but seemed to blame himself over his troubles in clearing the puck during a penalty kill. It ended up costing a goal.

PK Subban reassured him at his return on the bench.

"The three others on the ice should have better communicated with him, mentionned Subban. Nobody were saying anything. Jarred is young, he's good, but we still need to communicate with him so he knows where are his teammates and what are his options."

"He's doing so many things right. He'll be so good in three years, it'll be scary."

Subban who left the match temporarily after a strange spasm in the neck, gained two assists in this victory. Business as usual for him.

Man, I love Subban

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 10:09 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
I know I'm gonna get blasted again for this, but why not move Diaz & Moen and throw Franson an offer sheet at 3 mill or so; Leafs couldn't realistically match now.
100 percent certain Leafs match, to even get them thinking about letting go the signing would have to be $3.4M+, and a 1st+3rd compensation.

Leafs are willing to carry a 21 man roster to keep their core together, this is not a strategy that will work.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 10:12 AM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
100 percent certain Leafs match, to even get them thinking about letting go the signing would have to be $3.4M+, and a 1st+3rd compensation.

Leafs are willing to carry a 21 man roster to keep their core together, this is not a strategy that will work.
If they send Colborne, Smith, & Holzer down, start with 12 forwards, 6 Dmen, and 2 goalies (20 man roster), they still only have $2,933,333 in Cap space...sending Liles down instead of Holzer frees up a bit more, but it's still not enough to match a $3.2 mill offer...it would work.

Old
09-24-2013, 10:18 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Agreed about Markov looking good. I was a little worried about him coming into the season but he is looking very solid.
I of course could be wrong, but a year ago I said give Marky some time. Too much pride, too much ability, too much strength to just fade away. I bet on the guy, and I still do.

The guy seems to have excellent discipline, patience and no off ice issues.

Marky could be massive the next 3-4 years. Or not of course.

But if he is, man, Habs are gold.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 10:21 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
If they send Colborne, Smith, & Holzer down, start with 12 forwards, 6 Dmen, and 2 goalies (20 man roster), they still only have $2,933,333 in Cap space...sending Liles down instead of Holzer frees up a bit more, but it's still not enough to match a $3.2 mill offer...it would work.

I am not following you, clearing Liles alone would be enough. (3.875M)

Old
09-24-2013, 10:24 AM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
I am not following you, clearing Liles alone would be enough. (3.875M)
You mean trading Liles??...they're trying and no one is biting...he can't be buried in the minors anymore, as that no longer eases any of the cap hit except the first 900K...Leafs are up against it, perfect time to hit Franson with an offer sheet.

Old
09-24-2013, 10:25 AM
Dada

Moen is so tastelesssssss

Dada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 10:29 AM
Habs

Once again Briere looks like another bloated Montreal contract. When I saw him and DD out there at the same time I threw up in my mouth.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 10:31 AM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Once again Briere looks like another bloated Montreal contract. When I saw him and DD out there at the same time I threw up in my mouth.
I hope you throw out in your own mouth more often then... This line was by far the most dangerous one for the Habs. And while Pacioretty scored both goals, the line as a whole had more than enough opportunities.

Of course, even if the Habs finish top-2 in their division and even if this line as a whole thrives, people will still complain because they can't handle the fact that Desharnais has Pacioretty on his wing.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 10:37 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:

Translation:

Tinordi did well during his fifth exhibition game; oh yes, he played them all but seemed to blame himself over his troubles in clearing the puck during a penalty kill. It ended up costing a goal.

"The three others on the ice should have better communicated with him, mentionned Subban. Nobody were saying anything. Jarred is young, he's good, but we still need to communicate with him so he knows where are his teammates and what are his options."

"He's doing so many things right. He'll be so good in three years, it'll be scary."

Subban who left the match temporarily after a strange spasm in the neck, gained two assists in this victory. Business as usual for him.

Man, I love Subban
Good stuff, thanks for posting it.

Old
09-24-2013, 10:45 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:

Translation:

Man, I love Subban
Yup, sounds just like a locker room cancer that has no respect for his teammates.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 10:46 AM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Two players in there who didn't get praise but who, IMO, played a solid game:

Travis Moen and Josh Gorges.

Old
09-24-2013, 10:51 AM
SnapVirus

Higgs you cant be serious about Moen? He was the most useless player.

SnapVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 10:53 AM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
Higgs you cant be serious about Moen? He was the most useless player.
Really? I think people are blinded by their own bias here. I've been VERY critical of Moen last season, but yesterday, he had several big hits, made a key play on the game-winning goal, and was one of our most effective players on the PK.

Personally, I liked his game.

Old
09-24-2013, 10:55 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
You mean trading Liles??...they're trying and no one is biting...he can't be buried in the minors anymore, as that no longer eases any of the cap hit except the first 900K...Leafs are up against it, perfect time to hit Franson with an offer sheet.
The situation is such that Franson wants a $4m/yr deal. That is approximately the scenario in which he will sign and Toronto will let him go. Leafs will match at anything under $3.4M however this is not sufficient to get Franson to sign on the dotted line.
It's a stalemate. As for the offer sheets, things are dry because nobody is willing to give up a 1st and 3rd for this player .

Trading Liles is tough but not impossible if things are sweetened. Carolina is running an AHL level defense corps. as an example.

Toronto has Franson over a barrel. He'll either cave to their offer or he'll fetch them some nice draft picks. Toronto will wait patiently because they are in a no lose situation.