Ville Neiminen trade value

Closed Thread

Old
07-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

vCash: 500
Ville Neiminen trade value

From an Anaheim standpoint, what would it take to get Ville?

Old
07-10-2005, 09:22 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
From an Anaheim standpoint, what would it take to get Ville?
A 3rd to 5th round pick, depending on the position would be enough. Or possibly a package deal would work. Most likely it would be a package deal. I would love for the Flames to somehow get their hands on Vitaly Vishnevski and possibly Leclerc (if he stayed healthy).

Old
07-10-2005, 10:20 PM
Red Machine

Sutter wont trade Ville. Unless he was a throw in, in a package deal with the likes of a Lydman or Reinprecht.

Old
07-10-2005, 10:52 PM
Mat

Send a message via AIM to Mat Send a message via MSN to Mat
Ville isn't worth much. He's just an enforcer. some sort of later pick...but what worth is a later round pick for a guy who does his role so well?

And to the guy who suggested trading Vitali Vishnevski for him.....

Old
07-10-2005, 11:08 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat
Ville isn't worth much. He's just an enforcer. some sort of later pick...but what worth is a later round pick for a guy who does his role so well?

And to the guy who suggested trading Vitali Vishnevski for him.....
WOW, can you even read???

#1 - Ville IS NOT an enforcer. Right there I laugh at you and what you know about hockey.

#2 - I said in my post Ville would be an addition in a PACKAGE DEAL. Coming the other way I would be interested in Vitaly..never did I say it would be a 1 for 1 deal but a PACKAGE DEAL..of course the Flames would be adding something as well. Wow, once again...is reading that hard? Or do you just skip every 3rd word?

Old
07-10-2005, 11:18 PM
norrisnick

I bet Holland would give ya Whitney. If Sutter would feel inclined to toss in Commodore, great, but yeah... Ray Whitney would look nice to the left of Jarome. Ray does very well on a team where he is one of the primary offensive outlets. He's wasted in Detroit.

Old
07-11-2005, 12:07 AM
Jessie Lumsden

Nemo is worth more to the Flames than he would be worth to any other team. In all honesty, he's probably worth a first round pick......to the Flames. To any other team, they'd be nuts to give up anything more than a fourth round pick for him. That's why I see him staying in Cowtown for a long, long time.

Old
07-11-2005, 12:47 AM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie Lumsden
Nemo is worth more to the Flames than he would be worth to any other team. In all honesty, he's probably worth a first round pick......to the Flames. To any other team, they'd be nuts to give up anything more than a fourth round pick for him. That's why I see him staying in Cowtown for a long, long time.
That is a really good analysis. He is a perfect Sutter player, and he fits into the Flames system perfectly. He's not going to be going anywhere.....

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Old
07-11-2005, 01:20 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

If, hypothetically, Anaheim acquired a guy like Dan Hinote, could that get him?

Old
07-11-2005, 01:21 AM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
what about ray whitney for ville straight up?

Old
07-11-2005, 01:55 AM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

Ville is a wicked player. Very under-rated offensive skills, and maybe he will get to show them off next year. The Flames stole him from Chicago.

Old
07-11-2005, 05:26 AM
Mat

Send a message via AIM to Mat Send a message via MSN to Mat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
WOW, can you even read???

#1 - Ville IS NOT an enforcer. Right there I laugh at you and what you know about hockey.

#2 - I said in my post Ville would be an addition in a PACKAGE DEAL. Coming the other way I would be interested in Vitaly..never did I say it would be a 1 for 1 deal but a PACKAGE DEAL..of course the Flames would be adding something as well. Wow, once again...is reading that hard? Or do you just skip every 3rd word?
# He's a 3rd line winger with a good check and not much more upside to him thatn that.....to me, thats a borderline goon (aka. enforcer)

#2 - Yeah, a package deal that would be Ville along with maybe a 1st round pick or something else. Ville has ABSOLUTELY NO trade value, especially when lined up to a rising stud Def. like Vishnevski

theres a reason why Pittsburgh Ville go for nothing

Old
07-11-2005, 06:47 AM
abracanada

Ville has offensive upside as well as grit, weather people want to believe it or not. He was one of the top scorers in his league in Europe last season, until he was injured. I believe he is underrated because he is a little flaky.

Old
07-11-2005, 07:49 AM
Pepper

Calling Nieminen an enforcer or goon is downright silly.

Trade value? 3rd round pick, max. He needs the right envinroment to be effective, playing with 2 physical players like Donovan and Nilsson really helped him. Also they got lots of icetime from Sutter and responded.

Old
07-13-2005, 02:30 AM
kolanos

Ville is already a fan favorite, and he wouldn't garner enough in return for it to make sense to trade him. The guy gets under opposition's skin, and the Flames fans love him for it -- he also has very good chemistry with the likes of Donovan and Nilson.

The Flames would have to be getting away with highway robbery to trade him. It just isn't worth it otherwise...Ville helps sell tickets. But who knows, maybe his playoff performance was enough to boost his value just high enough for the Flames to get a real return for him? Doubt it. I personally would rather see him back with Donovan and Nilson, that line was just plain amazing.

Old
07-13-2005, 02:33 AM
kolanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuzzi21
Ville is a wicked player. Very under-rated offensive skills, and maybe he will get to show them off next year. The Flames stole him from Chicago.
Stole him? Ville has been a journeyman if there ever was one. But Calgary seems to be the city where a lot of journeyman stick -- just look at Dave Lowry.

Old
07-13-2005, 07:46 AM
Badger Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanos
Ville has been a journeyman if there ever was one.
Granted, there are enough players around the league, who are like him. Niemo fills his role perfectly with the Flames, and he enjoys doing it! As you said yourself, he's established good chemistry with Donovan and Nilson. He's worth far more than what was given up.

Can't conceive of why there'd be a need to trade him. Salary dump? He doesn't make that much.

Draft pick? A 3rd rounder is hardly a sure-fire future NHLer. No equal value there. Anybody can question the depth of the Finns program, but they thought enough of him to include him on their World Cup squad.

He doesn't get along with teammates/doesn't give 100%? No on both counts. He's a big time pest to play against, but players love having him on their team. The go goes all out, practically every shift.

The real question should be...why would the Flames even consider trading him?

Old
07-13-2005, 11:55 AM
Ronald Pagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Bob
Granted, there are enough players around the league, who are like him. Niemo fills his role perfectly with the Flames, and he enjoys doing it! As you said yourself, he's established good chemistry with Donovan and Nilson. He's worth far more than what was given up.

Can't conceive of why there'd be a need to trade him. Salary dump? He doesn't make that much.

Draft pick? A 3rd rounder is hardly a sure-fire future NHLer. No equal value there. Anybody can question the depth of the Finns program, but they thought enough of him to include him on their World Cup squad.

He doesn't get along with teammates/doesn't give 100%? No on both counts. He's a big time pest to play against, but players love having him on their team. The go goes all out, practically every shift.

The real question should be...why would the Flames even consider trading him?
Because we have a ton of forwards and a limited amount of roster spaces? I don't think we should get rid of Ville either. I'm a big fan of his and I don't think he's come close to hitting his ceiling yet but, it's a log jam for a forward spot and Ville might find himself on the outside.

Old
07-13-2005, 11:59 AM
Rowley Birkin

first of all, sorry for invading you guys forum! The title got my attention.

I would love it if the Sabres could get Nieminen. And to whoever mentioned the package deal for Lydman and Nieminen... what would you be looking for in return? I would give up a decent package to get these two guys playing in Buffalo.

Old
07-13-2005, 03:53 PM
saillias

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowley Birkin
first of all, sorry for invading you guys forum! The title got my attention.

I would love it if the Sabres could get Nieminen. And to whoever mentioned the package deal for Lydman and Nieminen... what would you be looking for in return? I would give up a decent package to get these two guys playing in Buffalo.
Something involving Hecht?

Old
07-13-2005, 04:02 PM
Ronald Pagan

Hecht? I'll keep Nieminen.

Old
07-13-2005, 04:02 PM
Matsi
got paws?

Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick
I bet Holland would give ya Whitney. If Sutter would feel inclined to toss in Commodore, great, but yeah... Ray Whitney would look nice to the left of Jarome. Ray does very well on a team where he is one of the primary offensive outlets. He's wasted in Detroit.
that's true. and when we look back, he's always been on younger teams, where he had somekind of primary role. he just doesn't fit in where he's now. detroit will gladly give him up for some kid oder a draft pick, but not for ville nieminen straight up

and yeah, ray or some other playmaking top-six winger would be an excellent compliment to jarome

Old
07-13-2005, 04:09 PM
Badger Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Pagan
it's a log jam for a forward spot and Ville might find himself on the outside.
Let's get more specific. At LW, spots are available with the departure of Saprykin.

Gelinas (UFA?)
Nieminen
Simon
Weimer
Loyns
Nystrom
Chucko

Depending on the circumstances, Reinprecht could be slotted up top (or will he center the second line?). This is assuming that the top two centers are Langkow and Lombardi. With Simon and Reinprecht on the top two lines, and Niemenen and Weimer on checking/energy lines, there is a very effective use of roster space. Resigning Gelinas, or somebody else, should be a priority and would add depth at the position. Loyns is an injury fill-in at best. Placing Nystrom on the fourth line wouldn't really aid his development much. He would be better served by getting more minutes on a top line with Omaha. Chucko will spend another couple of years or so in college.

Old
07-13-2005, 04:59 PM
ryz

^^^^^^^^^^
In an interview in the calgary Sun with Eric Francis just yesterday Sutter said, and I quote "Dion Phaneuf and Eric Nystrom are going to take somebody's job". So my guess is that unless Nystrom absolutely bombs training camp Sutter has him penciled in to start the season on the LW for the Flames.

Old
07-13-2005, 10:12 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper
Calling Nieminen an enforcer or goon is downright silly.

Trade value? 3rd round pick, max. He needs the right envinroment to be effective, playing with 2 physical players like Donovan and Nilsson really helped him. Also they got lots of icetime from Sutter and responded.

He's more of an agitator than an enforcer or a goon.

Closed Thread