HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

OT: Would you trade Crosby for....

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2005, 01:28 AM
Mat

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mat Send a message via MSN to Mat
OT: Would you trade Crosby for....

...Judas Priest and Iron Maiden to do a show together at ACC? (and Iron Maiden w/ Rob Halford solo a few years ago doesnt count)

Old
07-11-2005, 01:38 AM
Leaf Lander

Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
not me lol

Old
07-11-2005, 01:57 AM
Mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Lander
not me lol

you have no hockey sense

Old
07-11-2005, 02:52 AM
TrueBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat
...Judas Priest and Iron Maiden to do a show together at ACC? (and Iron Maiden w/ Rob Halford solo a few years ago doesnt count)

What the?

You lure us into a thread and talk about something totally different. What's up? Get with the program!

Old
07-11-2005, 03:06 AM
Mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue
What the?

You lure us into a thread and talk about something totally different. What's up? Get with the program!
this is just as relevant as you suggesting kirt maltby be the MVP of the Olympics and the NHL commisioner

Old
07-11-2005, 07:58 AM
It Kills Me

Who's Iron Maiden, and Judas Priest? I can't find them at tsn.ca

Old
07-11-2005, 08:05 AM
Archijerej

I would trade him for that. Even to the Leafs

Old
07-11-2005, 08:06 AM
Volcanologist
Habitual User

I'd do it if the show was in my backyard.

Old
07-11-2005, 08:13 AM
Augustus
HFBoards Sponsor

I would happily trade the creator of this witless thread for Sluggo and two trollers to be named later.

Old
07-11-2005, 09:11 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

McCabe, our first this and next year.

Old
07-11-2005, 11:18 AM
Archijerej

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
You would even have my support on that, which is certainly saying something ..

However I am also willing to send a couple of our own Leaf bashers here along to sweeten the deal If we need to ..
Oh man, I would gladly pay to take you out of my team

Old
07-11-2005, 11:34 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archijerej
Oh man, I would gladly pay to take you out of my team
Take you out of your team ???

I can't stand the stinky Habs .. What are you talking about ??.

In a game Habs verses anyone .. I always cheer for the anyone in fact ..

You don't got to get me out ... I can't get any further out then I am right now ..

Old
07-12-2005, 09:21 AM
goleafsgo

Send a message via MSN to goleafsgo
To whoever were trading to:
Chad Kilger
Aki Berg
Thomas Kaberle
2nd round draft pick

To TML:
Sidney Crosby

Old
07-12-2005, 01:23 PM
darrylsittler27

Id trade the whole team,they are all overpaid.

Ill trade all our vets who made over 1 million last year,think they were underpaid and hard done by.Im the fan who has to work for a living ,not playing a childs game.I have to pay rip off prices to get in to see what i know is a half hearted eefort by a bunch of spoiled babies.Remember tiger williams and sittler,remember the pure effort night after night and how they still would have played even if it were free.What did brett hull say? "I wouldnt pay to watch this crap!" and he makes a lot more than you.he reason hockey has slipped in usa and no one goes?The product sucks!If you run a business and it makes no money,you fire those responsible.I hope we get a salry cap of 10 mill.I hope the players say 500k isnt enough and then i hope they have to get a real job making 60k per year,you know why?Coz they wont even pay to see there own crap game when it happens.I bet crosby plays for fun..ill trade the nhl for that kid.

Old
07-12-2005, 01:37 PM
Mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylsittler27
Ill trade all our vets who made over 1 million last year,think they were underpaid and hard done by.Im the fan who has to work for a living ,not playing a childs game.
Have you ever played professional hockey? Do you realize these guys put their bodies on the line? That they are away from home most of they year, away from their families. That they train year round and have been doing so in many cases since they were 10 years old?

Just because these guys strived for their goals and reached them doesn't mean you should show such unjustified jealousy. They were determined and now reap the benifiets, and you ... what, slacked off in your youth and now have some dead end job? Cry me a river. These guys deserve every penny.

Old
07-12-2005, 02:17 PM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat
Have you ever played professional hockey? Do you realize these guys put their bodies on the line? That they are away from home most of they year, away from their families. That they train year round and have been doing so in many cases since they were 10 years old?

Just because these guys strived for their goals and reached them doesn't mean you should show such unjustified jealousy. They were determined and now reap the benifiets, and you ... what, slacked off in your youth and now have some dead end job? Cry me a river. These guys deserve every penny.
I grew up with a guy who played in the nhl for 15 years (including time in the minors) and never trained a day in his life when he wasnt forced to, and he was a real jerk too (not that it matters). ...He wasnt the only person I knew that made the NHL, but he was the only one who almost never trained, and was the least talented of all the ones I knew.
He only made the NHL because he was big, tall, and mean. ...Like I've said about Belak, if he was only 6' or less, he would never have made it into the NHL.

Many sales people are away from thier families ...so are people in the military, which do you think is harder? ...it's still getting payed to play a game that they love (in most cases).

Nobody should hate them for what they do, and how much they make, but, if any of them (player) are going to complain about it, they should be schooled about how lucky they are to have the ability/opportunity that others can only dream of.

Old
07-12-2005, 02:23 PM
joepeps

all these trade offers and no Antropov???

Humm something seems wrong...

Old
07-12-2005, 02:27 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte
I grew up with a guy who played in the nhl for 15 years (including time in the minors) and never trained a day in his life when he wasnt forced to, and he was a real jerk too
So your opinion about players and the money they earn is biased because of feelings about one player.

Well, we all have our bias.

Old
07-12-2005, 03:44 PM
Leaf Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte
Many sales people are away from thier families ...so are people in the military, which do you think is harder? ...it's still getting payed to play a game that they love (in most cases).

Nobody should hate them for what they do, and how much they make, but, if any of them (player) are going to complain about it, they should be schooled about how lucky they are to have the ability/opportunity that others can only dream of.
- First off, I haven't heard any players complain about not making enough money. None. And if I did, I'd certainly dislike them for it.

- This lockout had nothing to do with players thinking they don't make enough money. If you want to look at it that way, even $200,000 a year is more than enough money for most people. Do you think the players should just accept a $200,000 cap per player because "it's enough money".

- For people who say they only work part of the year, have you ever taken into account that during the season, they are required to show up for work pretty much every day. Even on non-game days, they still have to show up for work. If you look at it that way, especially if you account for playoffs, they work more days per year than the average worker. Plus they pretty much have to train all summer anyway.

- How about injuries? What do you think the union at General Motors would do if their members were consistently coming home with broken bones, missing teeth, concussions, knee problems...etc?

- How about the fact their "job" can be relocated to pretty much anywhere across North America basically without their consent.

- Many of them can also be demoted at any time to a lower level and a lower salary without notice.

- What about the fact that their entire lives basically revolve around what they do for a living- even when they are not "at work".

- And, most importantly, how about the fact that they are in the top 700 people in the world who do what they do. Your sales person example is a good one. Why not look at the top 700 sales professionals in the world and see what their salaries are?

Old
07-12-2005, 04:49 PM
TrueBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat

OK Jeremy Roenick. Nobody is jealous of hockey players. Good for them.

But when I pay over $200 dollars at the beginning of the season to make sure that I get to see Fedorov when he comes to town, and when it came game time Fedorov was nowhere to be seen cause he was holding out for a little bit more money, something is DEFINITELY wrong there!

Fedorov, like most players, DO NOT care about the game. They just care about making as much in their time in the NHL and then get out. He didn't feel bad that there were his fans to see him at some games. He was too consumed into making his pockets fatter than they already were.

So if the players don't care about the game, somebody has to. And that somebody is Bettman and the owners. And I'm glad they are fixing the 'problem'.

Nobody is jealous of the players. But these guys' greed puts an ugly stain on the game.

As Gretzky once said, ain't nobody bigger than the game!

Old
07-12-2005, 06:00 PM
darrylsittler27

ha ha cry me a river...i love it!

Fristly,im not stuck in a dead end job,im self employed and i travel when i want and am away from family a lot.Do i make as much as an nhl player?Of course i dont you moron.If i say 20 million is a bit pricey for a math teacher do you intrepret that as jealousy?What am i pissed about?We may have just destroyed the nhl.How many teams are gonna fold when attendance sucks?Cry me a river pal but do it about hockey.This isnt about jealousy,did you notice i said anyone who got over 1 million and thought they were underpaid(aka Yashin?) can now bite me,the fan(average joe sixpack aka the backbone).Why?because to get my butt back(not in toronto of course,they love the abuse too much)ill be demanding sittler/williams type perfromances from the stars on a regular basis.If not..ill wait for the playoffs.Police men get shot at all the time,so a better idea would be if we switch the police salaries with the nhl players,i mean lets face it C.O.P.S is more popular.You want me to sypmathize with the spoiled baby ****** overpaid nhl semi stars like Yashin,reichel etc(and you know what i mean) when good men in uniform have to pay full price tickets to go see the guys they protect.Guess what,im not even a cop either doughhead..

bad boys bad boys what ya goona do....You cry me a river for those ****ers

Closed Thread