HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Could somebody answer this?????

Old
09-23-2013, 10:01 PM
comeatmebro

vCash: 500
Could somebody answer this?????

Could somebody tell me how much my signed NY Rangers memorabilia is worth? Also, I can't identify some of the signatures on the poster. It was gotten for me when I was a small child. Looks like one signature is Mike Richter's, another maybe Mark Messier's, or is it Mike Keenan? I can't tell, one is definately Terry Gregson, the ref in game 7....the others i can't really make out. Any help would be appreciated as far as identifying the signatures and also any guess at approximate price. Thanks guys!

comeatmebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 10:11 PM
silly1118

Brian Leetch, Richter, Messier, and the referee you mentioned

silly1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 10:31 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

I bought the same photo for my Dad for his 70th. It's huge though and it's signed by everyone in the picture. My Dad is also in the photo, right behind the net 15 rows back....smack middle of the pic.

We paid 1000 16 years ago.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 10:53 PM
NYR2007

Depends if u can find some one to buy it , so I would say $300 if your looking to sell it

NYR2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 11:12 PM
Section311
HFBoards Sponsor

Is it the 24 x 36 one...there are a lot of different sizes and autographed ones of this...the most common is 24 x 36 and signed by messier, leetch, richter and gregson but I've seen this photo signed by almost the whole team

Section311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 08:20 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Let me know if it is for sale very interested

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 08:28 AM
Traderalways

Not 1000 bucks that's for sure

Traderalways is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2013, 09:40 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

09-25-2013, 11:25 AM
Gardner McKay
What a time

vCash: 50
Id say roughly $200-$300.

--But after the long calm, there are now beginnings of a stir. The reunion at hand may joy, it may bring fear. But let us embrace whatever it brings. For they are coming back. At last, the promise has been made. --
Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 12:03 PM
pld459666

get the signatures authenticated and the value should go up...to Rangers fans which in the grans scheme of things is a pretty small pool.

I have a Staal Jersey signed by Staal, I believe Anisimov and what looks like Eminger.

I also have a replica Shanahan Jersey signed by Shanahan that I won in a raffle

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 12:54 PM
Richter Scale

As has already been said, its Messier (the "94 cup" signature), Leetch ("94 MVP" signature), Richter ("finally" signature), and Gregson.

The size of the photo and what all you're including with it (frame included?) would impact the value. Is this Steiner or limited edition? Or no? That also would jack up the price. Not to mention that how you plan on selling it will impact the value you'll get for it as well (i.e. looking to sell it retail, to a shop where you'll need to sell at a bit of a discount, to a friend, through eBay, etc). I have all of these players' autographs; the autos in your photo look legit -- but the poster who said getting them authenticated (if they aren't already) is correct that this may boost its value.

The posters suggesting that its only worth $200-$300 have no clue. Sorry. No way. Signed individual 8x10 photos of Messier can retail at that price range depending on the buyer and seller. You've got 3 other signatures in there. And the poster suggesting $1000 is out of the question; hate to break it to you -- but its really not. It'd be a bit of a reach to sell it at that price range, and could take some work - but its doable.

Since the picture you have provided looks like this is above a bed frame, I'm assuming it is a 24x36 version of this photo that I've seen before. Here is one like it (missing Gregson's signature) on eBay. Seller is asking for just under $1,000. Has 3 watchers and has had 3 offers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mark-Messier...item19d706c4aa

Richter Scale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 01:49 PM
Gardner McKay
What a time

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter Scale View Post
As has already been said, its Messier (the "94 cup" signature), Leetch ("94 MVP" signature), Richter ("finally" signature), and Gregson.

The size of the photo and what all you're including with it (frame included?) would impact the value. Is this Steiner or limited edition? Or no? That also would jack up the price. Not to mention that how you plan on selling it will impact the value you'll get for it as well (i.e. looking to sell it retail, to a shop where you'll need to sell at a bit of a discount, to a friend, through eBay, etc). I have all of these players' autographs; the autos in your photo look legit -- but the poster who said getting them authenticated (if they aren't already) is correct that this may boost its value.

The posters suggesting that its only worth $200-$300 have no clue. Sorry. No way. Signed individual 8x10 photos of Messier can retail at that price range depending on the buyer and seller. You've got 3 other signatures in there. And the poster suggesting $1000 is out of the question; hate to break it to you -- but its really not. It'd be a bit of a reach to sell it at that price range, and could take some work - but its doable.

Since the picture you have provided looks like this is above a bed frame, I'm assuming it is a 24x36 version of this photo that I've seen before. Here is one like it (missing Gregson's signature) on eBay. Seller is asking for just under $1,000. Has 3 watchers and has had 3 offers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mark-Messier...item19d706c4aa
I have one signed by the entire 94 cup team. Exact same picture. Was only about $550. I fail to see how 3 signatures would come close to that (granted it is the most popular 3). That one for $1000 is vastly over priced. Maybe $200-$300 is on the low end but $1000 is also on the extreme high end.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 01:53 PM
pld459666

another tidbit, Terry's signature actually has a negative impact on the piece.

the trio alone would be interesting. Having that random referee signing it seems very odd in a not so good sort of way

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 03:41 PM
Richter Scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post

the trio alone would be interesting. Having that random referee signing it seems very odd in a not so good sort of way
And you're basing that off of what exactly? I'm not saying it would add a ton to the value; but it has the potential to make it unique and different. To the right buyer it could make the piece attractive. And I really doubt that anyone who was considering buying it would see the referee's signature and change their mind. It isn't some rando. It was a guy involved in the moment in the photo; he was refereeing the game 7.

Richter Scale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 03:42 PM
dstoffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.
And in Philadelphia, it's worth 50 bucks.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLo7tHDHgOc

dstoffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 05:56 PM
16 To Stanley*

250 Max.

Here's one you can buy on ebay....by Steiner Sports (#1 for Autos)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARK-MESSIER...item43c00fbac4

Are you looking to sell?

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 06:02 PM
NYR2007

Quote:

lol what ?

NYR2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 07:03 PM
Baby Punisher

Years ago I saved this pic & printed it out on some really nice photo paper, the pic came out really nice so I framed it. Cost me roughly $30 for the paper & the frame.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 07:06 PM
Crease

About a month before the '94 playoffs my mom talked my dad out of bidding on a game-used Richter stick with the signatures of the entire team on it. He still likes to bring that up.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 07:19 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2007 View Post
lol what ?
he's not neccesarily wrong. When you have hall of fame players or top notch ones, adding a signature of an essentially irrelevant person in that ref, can lower the market value.

For example, i have a tennis ball autographed by Rafa Nadal. I met him in like 2003 or 04 before he got huge. I was also really young.

So i got another person to autograph the ball too, if i recall correctly it's Lisa Raymond. In case you don't know, lisa raymond is a pretty reknowned player in her own right. She's american adn was a doubles beast for a long time.

However, her autograph on that ball actually diminishes the value since most people looking for Rafa autographs are looking for ones solely of him.

the only time a rafa ball would be increased in value by being autographed by other tennis players would be to have it with like him and federer or djokovic or someone else of an extremely high level.

Another thing that really diminishes value on autographs is personalization. When autographs are made out to people they are not worth as much on the secondary market.

I used to be an intense autographs collector (and still do so here and there nowadays) but even back when i was younger, if the player was reknowned i would always get them to autographs items individually.

Like the same day i met Rafa, I met roger federer too and he had already won a few majors, so i got his autograph on it's own ball.

I used to go to baseball games and would literally bring 10-15 baseballs in my bag because i never wanted two guys on the same ball.

I met david wright at his first MLB game and got him to sign a ball. The mets were playing the phillies and i also met jimmy rollins that day, but got him on his own ball, because at the time, i figured David Wright might diminish the value of the Rollins ball, who was a perrenial all-star.

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 05:38 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:

Nah, having the referee adds to the scarcity. Gregson was the ref on that game.

I have the same pic signed by Mess, Leetch, Richter, and Graves. 16x24. The value would depend on a few things. 1) size and the quality of the framing job. The sigs are all legit, have sold several Mess, Leetch, and Richter autos. Gregson I have never seen. If you have a LEGIT COA (steiner, JSA, PSA/DNA) to name a few, it will help.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 05:40 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
250 Max.

Here's one you can buy on ebay....by Steiner Sports (#1 for Autos)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARK-MESSIER...item43c00fbac4

Are you looking to sell?
That is an 8x10, not worth nearly as much as bigger pics.

Old
09-26-2013, 05:44 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
he's not neccesarily wrong. When you have hall of fame players or top notch ones, adding a signature of an essentially irrelevant person in that ref, can lower the market value.

For example, i have a tennis ball autographed by Rafa Nadal. I met him in like 2003 or 04 before he got huge. I was also really young.

So i got another person to autograph the ball too, if i recall correctly it's Lisa Raymond. In case you don't know, lisa raymond is a pretty reknowned player in her own right. She's american adn was a doubles beast for a long time.

However, her autograph on that ball actually diminishes the value since most people looking for Rafa autographs are looking for ones solely of him.

the only time a rafa ball would be increased in value by being autographed by other tennis players would be to have it with like him and federer or djokovic or someone else of an extremely high level.

Another thing that really diminishes value on autographs is personalization. When autographs are made out to people they are not worth as much on the secondary market.

I used to be an intense autographs collector (and still do so here and there nowadays) but even back when i was younger, if the player was reknowned i would always get them to autographs items individually.

Like the same day i met Rafa, I met roger federer too and he had already won a few majors, so i got his autograph on it's own ball.

I used to go to baseball games and would literally bring 10-15 baseballs in my bag because i never wanted two guys on the same ball.

I met david wright at his first MLB game and got him to sign a ball. The mets were playing the phillies and i also met jimmy rollins that day, but got him on his own ball, because at the time, i figured David Wright might diminish the value of the Rollins ball, who was a perrenial all-star.
You are comparing apples and oranges. Is there any connection between Nadal and the girl? Gregson has a connection to the game and the picture.

Old
09-29-2013, 05:28 PM
comeatmebro

worth

that 250 dollar version isnt framed, or has the plaque, and is WAY smaller.....mine measures like 31 inches high, 42 inches wide, and like 51 inches diagnolly.....seems like it is probably not worth 1000 like I thought, as no one on ebay and otherwise seems interested.......perhaps 700. It does have that Steiner authentication stamp/hologram. Thoughts?/anyone interested?

Old
09-29-2013, 05:30 PM
comeatmebro

When it was bought for me, maybe around 10 years ago, I think it cost about 1000, maybe alittle more.